Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 259477 times)

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #2310 on: November 24, 2013, 02:23:09 am »

Rag seems fine, we have more pressing concerns, leave him with his family for now.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2311 on: November 24, 2013, 03:47:45 am »

Lets spend the next several turns building stuff.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2312 on: November 24, 2013, 03:52:27 am »

And also setting up specific teams for specific things, I still think splinter cog is woefully underused.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2313 on: November 24, 2013, 04:03:29 am »

And also setting up specific teams for specific things, I still think splinter cog is woefully underused.
We only got him like 3-7 (Edit:Wouldn't  put faith in these numbers) updates ago, have had like 1-3 missions since then, haven't had the chance nor the need yet.
How about we wait til the fluff is over before adding to the heap of things people want to do?
And building was already agreed upon Kev, thanks for the reminder though.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2314 on: November 24, 2013, 04:45:02 am »

Besides, setting up specific teams has no benefit, at all. Better to customize each team for each mission.

If I may give some suggestions:
1. Knock out the one non mutated lady in the base and return her to her house, she only knows what the inside of our base looks like and even then, as long as we do it right, we can make her believe It was a dream anyway, she's no more than a liability, no use for mutating as that proves out lack of morals and not much else she can be used for.
2. Fake our death, we are far too high profile now, we need to be sneaky and silent, live up to our name, incognito, people will believe that we aren't a problem anymore, but we will be, just in ways we need to be.
3. Naga mutagen with succubus, I'm sure that would make some kind of medusa.
4. Raise our standards, we can't go around killing people anymore, this isn't helping our point, lets set sir gamington on the case of morality control.
5. Set things straight with our minions and advisors, we should be kind to them and understand their limits, sir gamington is the highest morality wise, and that is not a good thing.
1. I honestly don't know where we got her. Then again, I'm pretty sure that her disappearance would be noticed.
2. The HEROES are smarter than that. They know that only the confrontation between the Hero and The Overlord can result in his death. Additionally, we're not that High profile. Cheerie is drawing away the majority of the attention.
3. Conflicts with option 4. After all, it's a dangerous operation.
4. This is practically impossible. There will always be casualties. After all, we have no ways to nonlethaly stop even standard police forces, let alone heroes.
5. Truly, we should really hear out Gamington's story first, before judging anyone.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2315 on: November 24, 2013, 05:05:45 am »

She was a waitress at that mexican place where we caught Games lover I think, agree with the general idea of what you said btw.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2316 on: November 24, 2013, 05:40:31 am »

Gamington does appear ashamed.
Probably it's because he's sitting in the same position of Samurais ready to commit Seppuku. Cerulean is next to him, quietly looking fearful in your direction.
You're sitting in front of them, perplexed at such a display.
"I am sorry, your evilness," he says. "But I couldn't just stand by and let Cerulean act alone in her endeavor. I should have known your superior intelligence would have found out what really happened, and for that I apologize."
"So, Cerulean took the girl first?"
"I was Dance-Dancing with the old console since the new one was broken, when I saw Cerulean slink by with a Cog I clearly had not built. I know because I have all the Cogs memorized in my subroutines. I asked her what she was doing, and she broke up. She said she was going to try to live up to your expectations of 'mercy' and after hearing the screams of the children for so long...I think she thought even saving one child was better than saving none. Maybe it was her Hero background that got the best of her? I do not know. However, I could not stand by and watch without making a move. She told me of the camera security, and so I reprogrammed them to look elsewhere in both the main entrance and the zeppelin bay. It would have seemed as if someone had taken a zeppelin. We wouldn't have freed the girl, only hidden her from...your evilness."
You give a nod, as he continues. "Cerulean had already destroyed the tapes, so after reprogramming them I had to make sure your evilness would believe the girl gone. I reprogrammed Splinter-Cog to deliver the message that indeed, he had seen Cerulean and the girl leave for the outside. Cerulean would then claim that she had actually eaten the girl in a roundabout way to make you suspicious of her, and with the two contradictory versions, you would have naturally realized the fault to be mine and mine alone. Unfortunately, it appears I have failed on this endeavor. I apologize, and am willing to take my life for repentance."
"That won't be necessary," you reply. "What you did was wrong not only because you disobeyed me, but also because you didn't tell me. I admit, at first I was planning on punishing you both and mutating the girl," you continue, your eyes hard. "However," you look at your hands, "It appears I am sliding towards the 'Evil' far more than the 'Overlord'. I cannot blame anyone else but myself for what has transpired. At the same time, I am not going to let this go simply because you did a good thing."
You narrow your eyes. "You are both responsible for...Jeanne, was it? Well, you are both responsible for her now," you continue, "If anything happens, it will be your fault." You then look towards Cerulean. "Why that girl in particular?"
"She...she drew a horrible picture," Cerulean says softly. "She wasn't fit to serve under you anyway, so I wanted her away."
That's...jealousy? Sibling jealousy?
"I knew you would have been mad if I ate her," Cerulean continues, "So I thought about bringing her outside and hide her, maybe in the cruiser or something. She would have been fine there. She wasn't simply worth it." Fidgeting, Cerulean adds. "You didn't particularly need her anyway, Dad."
"Cerulean, you disappoint me," you say calmly.
Cerulean blinks, as goo-tears start to form around the corner of her eyes.
"I am the Overlord, what I do is final. You shouldn't have acted on your selfish desires, and you should know that no-one will ever replace you as my daughter, no matter what. I have decided since this is your first offense, that I will not punish either of you as strongly as I should. You are responsible for Jeanne now, but the next time something like this happens, the next time you decide to go behind my back, you'd better hope it's for a surprise birthday party, rather than this."
They both nod quickly, and you stand up and turn thoughtful. "No Dance-Dance for a month, Gamington."
Lord Gamington lets out a groan, but bows his head in shame.
"And no magical wand for you, Cerulean. You aren't ready yet to become a Dark Advisor."
Cerulean pitifully makes a whining sound, before hanging her head low too.

You decide to talk with Ragnarok, and you actually do find him outside on the beach, using his psychic powers to lift columns of sand before slamming bolts of psychic energy in them.
He slinks a bit to the side as the sand drizzles downwards.
You cough to attract his attention, and when he turns to you with a puzzling glance, you give him a hug.
He blinks.
You stop hugging him. "I feel I should tell you I am sorry about the four hours of pain you suffered through."
"It is not a problem, your evilness," he replies, standing stiffly to attention like a soldier. "You have nothing to apologize for."
You leave it at that.

Psysquid comes in the throne room carrying a large parchment, with the missions for the day.

The city chosen is Justice-City!

1) We Will Always Remember. Destruction. "There will be a memorial held for all the victims of the Evil Overlord at the Justice-City cemetery. They're going to let the shots go viral," Psysquid remarks. "There will be quite a number of old out of service heroes present...we could acquire their mutagens for...spawn purposes." High Chance of Special Forces Present. Low chance of Security present. Multiple Heroes Present.
2) Love me. Love me. Love. Only. Me! Mixed. "There will be a 'cheerleader' competition held at Justice-Stadium. They're going to be cheering for the heroes in fighting against the Evil Overlord. We can take them out and deliver a crippling blow to the heroes...or acquire them for our own," Psysquid continues. He frowns for a bit, before growling as he seems to push his prescience past a block of sorts. Cheerie Forces Present! Hero Present! High chance of Special Forces present! "Seems this caught the interest of someone else," he adds.
3) My name, what is my name? Control "Amnesiacs. Get them from the hospital while they're still foggy, give them new memories and bam. Loyal minions." Security present. Low chance of special forces present.

Or you could simply upgrade with the Training Area.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: November 24, 2013, 05:46:04 am »

Upgrade to training grounds.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2318 on: November 24, 2013, 05:46:19 am »

Was surprising fine with that outcome, really want to do the Mixed mission but we really need the training room, mine, steel yard ect.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2319 on: November 24, 2013, 05:51:20 am »

For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2321 on: November 24, 2013, 06:35:32 am »

Upgrade to training grounds.
+1
+1
+1

I think that we should actually spend 2 more turns upgrading after this. We need that steelwork

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: November 24, 2013, 06:39:18 am »

Actually, scratch my vote for the training grounds.

I vote we make a construct-o-matic. Or whatever you want to call it. Something that can let us build 2 things a turn. Optionally with a cooldown time or something.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2323 on: November 24, 2013, 06:45:48 am »

"We upgrade," you state with an air of finality.
There are nods and claps from the cogs as they begin their work. A wing of the lair expands, and soon it becomes a type of Gym with annexed salt water pool for the marine element of your troops.
"Very well," you say as you watch the construction finish throughout the day. Nobody and nothing can beat your Cogs in building. Whoever said 'building' took days or months never had the power of the Cogs on his side.
And psychic aid.
And brute monster force.
When it's completed, you look at the wonderful form that is the training ground and you can't help but smile.
"Who wants to go first?"
You ask, looking around.
You can  send One unit at a time. Be it Dark Advisor, Side-Kick, Mook. The Training ground will reveal one of theirs abilities.
An individual in the training grounds cannot be used for missions.
You can leave an individual in the training grounds for as many turns as you wish, obtaining knowledge of their abilities.

Or you can send in Two units. They will not work on discovering abilities, but in finding out if they have 'compatibility' under the form of creating Combo-Moves.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2324 on: November 24, 2013, 06:48:27 am »

Send Splinter-cog in, please
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 213