Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 259180 times)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #2235 on: November 23, 2013, 06:48:02 am »

I'm with Eotyrannus on this.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: November 23, 2013, 06:49:09 am »

Agreed, can't pass judgement til we know whats what.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: November 23, 2013, 06:52:09 am »

I've had another idea on what to do.

Bring Cerulean and Gamington in, after putting the child somewhere where she'll be fine, but Cerulean and Gamington won't find her.

Greet them, make small talk to ask how they're both doing, mention that we found a child pretending to be a cog. Watch horrified expression.

List all the things we could mutate/cogify into her... But then say that she was obviously terrified of the procedures, and since she was smart enough to somehow pretend to be a cog without our noticing, we'll make her an extra-cool suit of cog-armour because we want to reward her ingenuity.

Then give them jobs to do that they don't like.
Does Gamington hate fish, by any chance?

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: November 23, 2013, 06:59:58 am »

I've had another idea on what to do.

Bring Cerulean and Gamington in, after putting the child somewhere where she'll be fine, but Cerulean and Gamington won't find her.

Greet them, make small talk to ask how they're both doing, mention that we found a child pretending to be a cog. Watch horrified expression.

List all the things we could mutate/cogify into her... But then say that she was obviously terrified of the procedures, and since she was smart enough to somehow pretend to be a cog without our noticing, we'll make her an extra-cool suit of cog-armour because we want to reward her ingenuity.

Then give them jobs to do that they don't like.
Does Gamington hate fish, by any chance?
Actually, this sounds better.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: November 23, 2013, 07:02:26 am »

Do I even need voice my objections at those weak punishments, it wasn't her idea I bet, plus she didn't trick us, the moment we looked her disguise fell apart, couldn't even get her lines out right. Reserve your "punishments" for when we actually know what is going on.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2240 on: November 23, 2013, 07:06:32 am »

Do I even need voice my objections at those weak punishments, it wasn't her idea I bet, plus she didn't trick us, the moment we looked her disguise fell apart, couldn't even get her lines out right. Reserve your "punishments" for when we actually know what is going on.
We've literally just asked for a morality chain. Here they are. We can't risk having the punishment being too severe, as Gamington and Cerulean are even more valuable than they were before.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: November 23, 2013, 07:09:49 am »

Yes but that is clearly not going to teach them not to this again, we can leave the child but they must learn that this kind of thing will not be tolerated.
Edit:And Game lost value imo, was fine with his morals and trying to accommodate him but I thought he knew where the line was.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 07:11:36 am by Cain12 »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2242 on: November 23, 2013, 07:11:15 am »

Why are you being evil Cain? We wanted something, we got it. They probably thought we would hurt that child because she drew the picture.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2243 on: November 23, 2013, 07:12:17 am »

Not evil, just don't reward betrayal. Edit:They should know we wouldn't do that, least no more than the others were hurt. They don't need to suffer terribly, they just need to feel they are actually being punished.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 07:15:19 am by Cain12 »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: November 23, 2013, 07:17:18 am »

A punishment is needed for disobeying us, but not for following their morals. The next time, they should tell us, instead of reacting this way. We wanted a moral compass, that's true, so we won't punish the moral part, but we have to punish them for not following orders.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: November 23, 2013, 07:28:31 am »

We're going to make them feel sick to the bone in our speech, when we imply that we're going to make all their efforts null and void. They will be absolutely horrified that we've found her, and they won't be able to do a thing for fear of angering the whole base...

And when they're begging for mercy (or we run out of things to say), we pretend they're not begging for mercy and cheerfully say that we're rewarding the kid by giving her a set of armour, instead of mutating or cogifying her.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: November 23, 2013, 07:36:16 am »

Nope.

Really, the entire reason we mutated all the children, knowing that it was a dangerous and painful procedure, is because we adhered to our strict monster only policy. Letting the kid get away with a nice suit of armor for trying to get away will show that all the mutation was nothing more than a random act of cruelty.

Mutation it is. If we do it with a simple mutagen, there's barely any risk involved.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: November 23, 2013, 07:38:06 am »

Nope.

Really, the entire reason we mutated all the children, knowing that it was a dangerous and painful procedure, is because we adhered to our strict monster only policy. Letting the kid get away with a nice suit of armor for trying to get away will show that all the mutation was nothing more than a random act of cruelty.

Mutation it is. If we do it with a simple mutagen, there's barely any risk involved.
There is no risk with a single mutagen, so I support this.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: November 23, 2013, 07:38:27 am »

Nope.

Maybe we should ask Chemista if Cogification can be done with anaesthetics. I see no reason why it can't.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: November 23, 2013, 07:40:28 am »

Yes, for a few minutes they will truly be filled with dread, it teaches them nothing on its own. They have to know that they can't do this sort of thing.
Coglify, want to know if Psysquid is up to do one, at least make it so the armor does not come off if we do do the reward idea.
Sure to the making it painless if it isn't hard to do so.
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 213