Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 259099 times)

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #2190 on: November 22, 2013, 04:45:43 pm »

I still vote that we should talk about our worries with Charoline. She is the only thing in our base that can fully understand our feelings on that subject.
I put a 1+ on that.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2191 on: November 22, 2013, 04:55:09 pm »

Congratulate her on wasting resources, possibly cohering one of our trusted advisors into covering up her crimes, and displaying she is clearly still a mess up monster? We are evil, but when a dog is rabid you have to put it down, not call it a good boy and let it keep biting people just cause it learned a new trick. (I suck at that kind of thing so if you have an alternative that makes more sense do share)

Plus she probably just squeezed through the walls, pipes ect, something she could already do.

Yes, lets get this all off our chest with Charoline, if we can trust her and make sure that sneaky cog isn't listening, might take our worries as an order to deal with Cerulean.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2192 on: November 22, 2013, 06:31:53 pm »

Germain (Which I for some reason believed was called Bernard)

Aha!  Hilarious mental slip.  German-Shepherd, Shepherd rhymes with Bernard - and another dog type is Saint Bernard.  Goes perfectly and fluidly with Germain, and seems a very sensible mistake for a highly creative mind to make.

I'd actually though you were talking about Bob-who-became-Psisquid, who our first mutation and who also suffered in the process.

Tell Splinter-cog to de-bomb 15's bed. We don't care to have a random someone blown up because they walked by.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
....   ..... ..... .....  You know what?  I'm almost tempted to not suggest hardly anything because 'it would be a good idea/a good precaution'....  This story has legs and it's going somewhere good.  I'm a get me a seatbelt, some padding, and mebby a neck brace (to prevent possible whiplash) and buckle me down for a safe but awesome ride.

Let it be known through the Lair that in general, we prefer to know about problems before those problems are 'removed'.  We also enjoy fixing problems, generally by 'changing' them into something else.  So we want to know, and we'd often prefer to use our own fix rather than have the problem just 'disappear'.

And if a problem does get removed, We'd like use of the body for the SAD system, or another use of our desiring.  Remember underlings, -everyone- serves the Overlord, in their own way.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2193 on: November 22, 2013, 06:41:45 pm »

The bomb in Jeanne's bed is not Cheerie's virus bomb. I also recall it being explicitly stated that the virus bomb cauldn't force mutations, only kill either humans or monsters.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: November 22, 2013, 06:46:11 pm »

We clearly need a way to relieve stress.

Go to the library and read a nice book.

While we're there, send prank mail to HEROES. For example...

'This is a perfectly ordinary piece of paper. Please ignore it.

-Evil Overlord'

'There is something special about this piece of paper. I bet you can't figure out what it is.

-Evil Overlord'

'Did you know that I love coffee? Ergo, all coffee is now Evil! I hope you like your Evil coffee in the morning!

-Evil Overlord'

If our gimmick was being slightly insane, or we wanted people to think we were slightly insane, I'd agree with this, but Incognito isn't that way.  Troubled?  Absolutely.  Insane?  Not even close.

Oh, hahaha.  Yes yes +1 to Eoty's suggestion.  Just because.  With luck no one will even be sure it's from us.  It'll drive all of our different groups of enemies crazy.

So keep doing it.  And keep doing it.  Hopefully at least some people will start collecting some of them as mementos.  If nothing else, garbage collectors and similar will be cleaning them up.

Then one day, maybe the 21st time we send out another batch - they won't just be paper.  They'll be paper soaked in mutagen.  Mutants throughout the cities!

I saw her bring child N° 15, named 'Jeanne', outside for a stroll.

Ack.

Splinter says Outside, vs the bathroom that Cerulean 'denies'.  Those tapes gotta get reviewed asap.  It's one thing if Cerulean ate the kid.  It's another if Splinter blew her up.  It's a very different thing if Gamington or another let her go and reprogrammed Splintercog to hide it.

Cerulean is incapable of meaningfully rebellion beyond the level of fluff.  Splinter's incapable as well.  Gamington is perfectly capable of free willed effective actions, even ones in contrary intention to our own and not immediately and actively 'hostile' to ourselves.

This mystery needs to get solved -now-.

The bomb in Jeanne's bed is not Cheerie's virus bomb. I also recall it being explicitly stated that the virus bomb cauldn't force mutations, only kill either humans or monsters.

Oh.  Oh!  I unstrikethrough my suggestion then.  But I'm still getting ready for an awesome continuation of our tale :D
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2195 on: November 22, 2013, 07:13:01 pm »

As a voice of reason and sanity, I vote against making prank calls. This is the kind of random stupidity that Tomcost mentioned - take away the emotional pressure and everybody goes crazy.

Imp, if you are right, and what you propose is perfectly plausible, then we need to immediately find Gamington and ask him if the girl has the coordinates to the base. If he still has a good enough opinion of us to not let the heroes know where our base is, then good. If he has become disillusioned with us thanks to that carousel of suffering we caused, then congratulations, we have pretty much screwed ourselves over by being irresponsible sociopaths. Who could've thought?

Anyway, sardonic self-chastising aside, we then need to immediately relocate to our backup base and sail away at full speed, leaving the heroes to make their complaints to the complaints department, which is the virus bomb, lying on our throne and set to a proximity trigger.

EDIT: Whatever the situation with Jeanne is, Cerulean and Splintercog's testimonies do not match up. Besides, Cerulean is awful at stealth, but not stupid enough to blatantly implicate herself in the murder unless she, for some reason, wants to be. Something smells seriously fishy here, and I believe that the first thing we should do in the next update is to find Gamington and ask him about the missing girl, Cerulean and Splintercog. Override his protocols if necessary.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 07:28:17 pm by Knit tie »

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: November 22, 2013, 08:16:14 pm »

Whatever the situation with Jeanne is, Cerulean and Splintercog's testimonies do not match up. Besides, Cerulean is awful at stealth, but not stupid enough to blatantly implicate herself in the murder unless she, for some reason, wants to be. Something smells seriously fishy here, and I believe that the first thing we should do in the next update is to find Gamington and ask him about the missing girl, Cerulean and Splintercog. Override his protocols if necessary.
+1 also can we use the SAD if so try Succubus blood on a wrench, maybe super-succubus?

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2197 on: November 22, 2013, 08:42:54 pm »

What about naga blood with the basic combo for a succubuse? We could have something like a medusa without the stone eyes.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2198 on: November 22, 2013, 09:01:26 pm »

I shall be another voice of sanity here:

1) NO PRANK MAIL. If or base happens to be discovered because of this stupid decision, we will regret it. Also, that is just not going to improve our image at all, and lower the fear or respect people have for us. There are other ways to release stress. Like building training grounds and watching some fights.

2) Before taking any decision on the missing child problem, we should check all the information available. This means: recordings and Gamington, and any other witnesses.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2199 on: November 22, 2013, 11:12:29 pm »

1) NO PRANK MAIL. If or base happens to be discovered because of this stupid decision, we will regret it. Also, that is just not going to improve our image at all, and lower the fear or respect people have for us. There are other ways to release stress. Like building training grounds and watching some fights.

2) Before taking any decision on the missing child problem, we should check all the information available. This means: recordings and Gamington, and any other witnesses.
+1
We might be going insane... but no. Not worth the risk. No gain.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2200 on: November 22, 2013, 11:33:27 pm »

+1
We might be going insane... but no. Not worth the risk. No gain.
+1
Edit: Think she did it but we need to be sure, plus the prank call thing sounds like an unnecessary risk to our self. Not a question of if she can betray, she won't even if she could, that isn't the concern, and she is plenty capable of hurting us just by being her messed up self, she lacks discipline and we lack control. May need to look into fixing Game as well if he did help her.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 12:25:05 am by Cain12 »

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #2201 on: November 23, 2013, 04:29:49 am »

I'd thought about all the stuff like that, and decided that we'd just be smugly watching on the news instead of cackling madly at our own insanity, and that pen and paper would be hard to track. The bit I didn't think about was the image. That's quite a good point.

Go to library. Read about something interesting.

On the other hand, when it comes to mail, there IS something I'd like to tell our 'father'.

'Greetings, ex-THE Hero.

I presume we both know about my background. I also presume that you know I'm not Chemista. There are a few things I'm wondering if you know about, though.

Do you remember when Cheerful Gal and I were both in the orphanage? And how I was complaining that I didn't want to be the Silver Pompom? I was just discussing how I was working on making cogs work when you entered the room. You then said that I'd be coming back with you, and I'd just need another dose of Mindium. You then said I would never be a sidekick, describing them as 'a whimpering kid in a stupid tight costume following being a good for nothing harlot or man wearing tight pants!', if I remember correctly. When Cheerful couldn't cope with having me leave, I believe you scorched her with a blast of steam from the golem. I ran for it, you caught me, said something about sending her to the Asylum and trying a new technique.

You remember that, right?

Because I do too. So, I've got a question.

What did you do to Cheerful Gal to send her insane.

-Evil Overlord

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: November 23, 2013, 04:56:23 am »

-1, he has no reason to suspect we survived, we arent the only one who can make metal things known as cogs, we would only be revealing we are The Hero, his son. Hate to be a downer but I'd rather keep that for now so it can be used later when we need it, like take off our costume and viola, went from evil overlord to kidnaped hero. And if he does know he probably thinks we don't and that works too, he may try to reveal the truth to us and get us to come back to him, assuming we are mindless obeying Chemista based on our brainwashing or misconception.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: November 23, 2013, 05:00:24 am »

I'm +1 Eo's suggestion. Seems quite decent to me. We might even be able to blackmail him... How would the public and other heroes react to find out that the Overlord is his son? Or that he tortured not only him but his best friend?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2204 on: November 23, 2013, 05:03:59 am »

Just like how they reacted when they revealed they actively brainwash orphans, and are willing to sacrifice them.

Not at all. This society has a very severe case of propaganditis. Heroes just has to say we're lying. I mean, as Evil Overlordtm you aren't generally seen as a trustworthy creature. Additionally, all data on the hero is classified, so there's nothing to verify our story.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 05:07:24 am by 10ebbor10 »
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 213