Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 259043 times)

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #2175 on: November 22, 2013, 03:37:25 pm »

Yes, yes it does, it may not if quantum mechanics are involved, but that's some deep science shit we would be going into there.

Science nazi..ing beside, I also agree with knit ties idea, we need a moral compass and cerulean may not be the best one.

I think we should capture the other colour girls and make them goo girls as well, a strike force team with magic powers and made out of slime.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: November 22, 2013, 03:43:00 pm »

I dont think they can remember the pain, maybe it along with their transformation itself haunts their sleeping hours but it wouldn't be worth it imo. Don't think we should bring the others of her squad, wouldn't help her issues and aren't they Heroic (or Anti in the case of Mauve)?

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2177 on: November 22, 2013, 03:57:58 pm »

Nah, just thought it would be cool for the team to be reassembled, but what could have made her phycopathic? The torture? The sight of one of her friends (nearly) dead before her eyes? The shunning of said teammates? Or was this just a ticking time bomb, waiting to explode?

Nevertheless, we need some human morality here, mutating children just leaves me with a pit in my stomach  but it is just a text adventure, so I suggest we send out some minions to find a group of people and capture them, we would have to make sure they swear to secrecy but whatever, that's easy with the amount of... Ahem, persuasive minions we have at our disposal.
Edit: I really like splinter cog, we should find something for him to do.
Alan help.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: November 22, 2013, 04:03:55 pm »

Well before I learned he could be programmed I liked the idea of him being something related to security (keeping tabs on our people for example), like watching the cameras for us, or doing stealth missions when we actually do those.
Edit: It would be sort of cool btw, the reassembled team I mean. Maybe get monitoring Cerulean, or figure out a design for a proper trap for someone of her gooey form (then again Chemista would probably know enough to do that), just if the event we ever need it comes about of course.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 04:10:58 pm by Cain12 »

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: November 22, 2013, 04:10:09 pm »

I know! Lets make him a spy for the dark advisors, not psysquid or chemistra, psysquid is too depressed and pathetic at the moment, and chemistra is just too apathetic anyway, also gameinton I'm good with as well, but he would just keep tabs on everyone, we give him control over the security systems and let him have free range with whatever he wants to sneaky sneak.
Alan help.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2180 on: November 22, 2013, 04:23:23 pm »

Cerulean was broken by the HEROES during her magical girl training. She basically is a child soldier, and child soldiers are something that most actual soldiers seriously consider mercy killing on sight, as the strain of violence on a young mind usually drives it to not only be broken and tormened by past experiences (vicious PTSD), but also to be horribly violent and lacking empathy. Recovery is very unlikely - most former child soldiers are either criminals, homeless, addicts or a combination of the above. The lucky ones can integrate back into society well enough to be adopted, but even then they usually maintain close ties to psychiatric institutions for decades.

Ceruean has repeatedly shown stunning anger management problems, irrational fears of losing her surrogate family and a complete lack of empathy to those she considers her enemies. I have all the reasons to believe that all those traits are induced in her by her training.

Here is what I believe she is doing: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acting_out - it's a defence mechanism that allows her to avoid painful memories of violence being directed towards her by being violent towards others.

She may not even love us, actually: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Undoing_(psychology). It is not unreasonable to assume that Cerulean irrationally hates us and Chemista in the same way she irrationally hates most people, but due to her fear of losing us as a family, she represses those hateful thoughts with saccharine-like affection.

Whatever the cause, Cerulean is a deeply troubled individual that is dangerous to those around her. I cannot believe I am saying that, but at this point I am seriously considering humanely euthanising her.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 04:25:13 pm by Knit tie »

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: November 22, 2013, 04:27:17 pm »

Lock Cerulean up? She just hinted at being able to go through walls. That would just antagonize her.

Anyway, tell Cerulean that it wasn't the kid's fault. People are just really susceptible to media and they've also been raised to be like that. Remind her that she too once was trying to kill us and it was only after getting to know us that she learned our true nature. We have no proof that Cerulean killed the girl but she needs to know that if she did kill the girl, she deprived her of the chance to see the truth like Cerulean was able to. It wasn't fair to the girl to deprive her of the chance to be redeemed. It could have just as easily been Cerulean in that position.

After the lecture, let it go and walk away.

Edit: No killing her yet.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2182 on: November 22, 2013, 04:29:08 pm »

Whatever the cause, Cerulean is a deeply troubled individual that is dangerous to those around her. I cannot believe I am saying that, but at this point I am seriously considering humanely euthanising her.
We are a Control Overlord, so why don't we exercise that on our own?  Cerulean isn't an Advisor, so she can't betray us, so let's try using our actual abilities (instead of just fluff (where did that term come from?) power) to try and help her adjust to a "loving" environment.  After all, it isn't her fault that she is the way she is.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: November 22, 2013, 04:33:20 pm »

So I guess that makes her a failure, well we learned a lot from her and tried to help her, don't want to put her down but if it comes to that, want to use the SAD system on her or her body?

Not that I'm supporting it yet, keep a close eye on her, use the training grounds (when we build them) to find the limit of her escape abilities and prepare a trap based on that for if she gets out of hand. Probe Chemista on goo-girl weakness if we feel like being more obvious. Least need a way to stop her if she one day snaps. (Edit: Even if she can't betray us she is clearly a danger to our people)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 04:35:21 pm by Cain12 »

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: November 22, 2013, 04:35:37 pm »

Well, if its any one thing, we need to do something if not euthanising her, also, nice job on finding out those things about the child soldiers knit, that's really interesting, anyway, i was thinking memory erasure with the last piece of mindium but that would be a waste if nothing else, if we ever sent splinter cog to steal it, we would steal it for a good reason, speaking of, I want to go for some fluff about the mindium, what it does, how it becomes inert, any interesting things that have happened with it and somesuch.
Alan help.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2185 on: November 22, 2013, 04:35:59 pm »

Of course I am not proposing such extreme measures to be implemented now, I just want to inform everybody that Cerulean may never recover and may indeed one day snap.

snip
+1

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #2186 on: November 22, 2013, 04:39:50 pm »

We clearly need a way to relieve stress.

Go to the library and read a nice book.

While we're there, send prank mail to HEROES. For example...

'This is a perfectly ordinary piece of paper. Please ignore it.

-Evil Overlord'

'There is something special about this piece of paper. I bet you can't figure out what it is.

-Evil Overlord'

'Did you know that I love coffee? Ergo, all coffee is now Evil! I hope you like your Evil coffee in the morning!

-Evil Overlord'

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: November 22, 2013, 04:43:56 pm »

Guys, we are EVIL remember. Congratulate her on her ability to pass through walls, and finding our security system which is unbeknownst to everyone else.
In the end, those children were just assets, and if Cerulean gets the ability to go through walls at the cost of one child, then that asset was put to great use. Thinking otherwise would just prove the Goldfish right.

More fluff with Charoline, tell her that she is only a temporary addition to our little Evil Family, and because of that, she doesn't have to be changed(unless she wants to be)

Move on to Mission Select/Upgrade Base
Go to the library and PRANK MAIL.
Absolute Genious

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: November 22, 2013, 04:44:01 pm »

Go to the library and read a nice book.

While we're there, send prank mail to HEROES. For example...

'This is a perfectly ordinary piece of paper. Please ignore it.

-Evil Overlord'

'There is something special about this piece of paper. I bet you can't figure out what it is.

-Evil Overlord'

'Did you know that I love coffee? Ergo, all coffee is now Evil! I hope you like your Evil coffee in the morning!

-Evil Overlord'

If our gimmick was being slightly insane, or we wanted people to think we were slightly insane, I'd agree with this, but Incognito isn't that way.  Troubled?  Absolutely.  Insane?  Not even close.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: November 22, 2013, 04:44:19 pm »

I still vote that we should talk about our worries with Charoline. She is the only thing in our base that can fully understand our feelings on that subject.
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 213