Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 259100 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #2160 on: November 22, 2013, 11:56:31 am »

On a side note, if our food shortage is that bad, we should build some farming instrumentarium.

Otherwise I think we should build an Industrial Parts factory or something, that allows us to build 2 Upgrades in a turn.

Well we aren't better than the heroes since we both do "what is necessary"/"what is just" when we can, but meh support the Training room and any harsh punishment, she can't go eating our test subjects.
While we're both heavily reliant on the Goal Justifies Means mantra, our Goal might just be a little better than theirs.

((Their goal being systemic eradication of all/most non-human intelligent lifeforms, barring a few exceptions.))
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 11:58:18 am by 10ebbor10 »

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: November 22, 2013, 11:58:02 am »

Bad gman! Bad!
*Sniffs* Fine, if you want me, I'll be hanging around with that goldfish. :'(
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: November 22, 2013, 12:01:03 pm »

It did benefit her. She was hungry.

Berate her for harming our assets without permission.

But it did not benefit us, on both short term (more children to mutate) and long term (Cerulean not having a sociopathic side).

We do love her and we do not wish harm upon her.

Which includes sometimes being harsh to avoid such behavior from her, which WILL destroy her in the long term.

Also, +1 for adding the giant net fishing facility to our ever-growing list of base updates.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: November 22, 2013, 12:08:06 pm »

Alternative more devilish plan.

We recently acquired giant sonic equipment. Now, sounds spread pretty far in water, and many aquatic beings are quite susceptible to it. We could with some research develop a tone that lures them. Or, if we want the more evil solution, we just blast out an underwater soundwave at 160db, killing or stunning everything that happened to be within a range of a few kilometers.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: November 22, 2013, 12:11:18 pm »

That's not the lesson we tried to instill in her.

I'm pretty sure the lesson was either;
1) We only perform evil if it benefits us. Not just our character specifically but all of us.
or
2) We only perform evil if it is necessary.

You could say it didn't benefit us, just her in addition to not being necessary and thus still didn't fit into our criteria. I'd just be careful about leaving her with the impression we're only angry because it didn't benefit our character specifically. That makes us look selfish.

Cerulean probably views people as the same as animals right now. Maybe lesser than animals.
And we support that opinion through our actions. We don't allow humans in our organization and we sort of preach that they are worse than monsters. Monsters are often part animal, so we're improving humans by making them more animal like. Now Cerulean needs to eat, right? So what is to her more morally acceptable, eating humans or eating animals? Not to mention this being further supported by the amount of times humans (aka the hero's organization) have hurt her.

Just a little bit of what might be going on in her head.

Edit: Also we might want to get more proof before disciplining her for something she might not have done.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: November 22, 2013, 12:21:08 pm »

On a side note, this might or might not be the same kid that depicted us killed.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: November 22, 2013, 12:25:14 pm »

Do we still have that bio weapon thing btw, the one that kills mutants, but Chemista wanted to repurpose to kill humans?
Yeah shouldn't jump to conclusions, Snowkid could have ate/killed him/her (still betting on runt 93).

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: November 22, 2013, 12:57:58 pm »

Fluff with Cerulean and Ragnarok

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: November 22, 2013, 01:23:24 pm »

Do we still have that bio weapon thing btw, the one that kills mutants, but Chemista wanted to repurpose to kill humans?
Yeah shouldn't jump to conclusions, Snowkid could have ate/killed him/her (still betting on runt 93).
Yup, the warhead is currently being reprocessed into a bioweapon that kills or mutates humans. (Hopefully)

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: November 22, 2013, 01:43:18 pm »

I am actually, yet somehow "holier-that-thou" ashamedly, proud to say that I have never voted in favor of sociopathic shenanigans. Even the hapless fan I wanted to turn into a hope-filled paladin. But kudos to you, Shadenight, for playing with audience sympathy. I always apprecciate when people do that.

Anyway, I agree with Tomcost, its pretty annoying when people switch opinions depeding on how facts are presented, not facts themselves.

If you wish to hear my opinion of Incognito's morals once and for all, I believe that his main defining trope is "A Father to His Men", which is his main difference from the heroes. He, as Naryar once helped me realise, is not very concerned with lives of the innocents and his enemies. Sure, he tells Gamington to show mercy, but he does not appear overly troubled when nobody else does, so we can assume he is just throwing our mechanical advisor a bone. What he does do, however, is putting all the people relaed to him above all the people unrelated to him - in short, he has the typical self-centered morality most action protagonists exhibit. I am fine with us sending our beasts to maul random shipgoers, as it is within character, hell, Incognito has probably inherited this trait from his hero days, when he considered everything not explicitly supporting him as an enemy. What really ticks me off, though, is how willingly does the majority of the players engage in obvious sociopathy with our own troops when we do not get the detailed descriptions of them suffering.

I am fine with us putting lives of our minions above the lives of random citizens, in part because that is how it goes in real wars, but let's do it consistently.

EDIT: In short, I believe our main redeeming qualty that allows us to claim moral superiority over heries is that we treat our soldiers nicely. Mutation/cogification is mandatory, but other than that, wea are one big happy, innocent-slaying family. I actually wanted him to have a much more heroic philosophy, but had to settle for this compromise.

Anyway, fluff with:
Chemista: ask her if the mutation can be made any less painfull. If not, actually rejoice because, as it turns out, there was no better way. Aside from probably not experimenting on children, but instead mutating them because that is what we do to everyone.
Psysquid: he just got repeatedly mind raped by some sort of alien machine - as him how he feels.
Kid we mutated into an empty-eyed floating tentacled Yellow King spawn: ask him how he feels.
Everyone who got mutated into an aquatic beastman: find some way to communicate with them and ask them how they feel.
That Naga girl: ask her if she still has trouble standing.
Ragnarok: gauge the severity of his PTSD.
Chemista again: mention Ozymandias.
Cerulean: Shadenight is obviously trying to imply that our trust in her is misguided. Find out if this is the case. DO NOT ask her plainly if she ate that kid, try to circumnavigate the talk instead.
Ourselves: I still vote to cogify/mutate ourselves. It will make us less of a hypocrite.
Charoline: find out how our wench/tutor/kindergarten teacher is doing.

Also, who is Bernard? German?

EDITEDIT: If Cerulean did eat that kid, put her in a plexiglass cube for some time as a punishment. She won't like remembering that last time.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 02:56:45 pm by Knit tie »

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2170 on: November 22, 2013, 02:56:06 pm »

Chemista

"Your evilness?" she says calmly as you walk closer to her.
"Is there...anything you can do for the mutation process? Like some type of anesthetic or..."
"Unfortunately, no. The mutation process is nothing short than the complete rewriting of the genetic code and the DNA which is within every cell of the human being. It would hurt, no matter the amount of drugs ingested to kill the pain. Furthermore, the usage of drugs might actually change the mutation. Should you wish to experiment on that regard, I am always available."
"You...You aren't the bit sad for the children who died?" you ask softly.
"Why would I be? They're human. Humans aren't worth anything more than to be used as lab rats and experimented on. The thing I am sad about is that they died without realizing their full potential as monsters. All that genetic material gone to waste...ah, pity," she shrugs, completely unfazed. "The path we must take to ensure science progresses is always filled with abundant wastes..."
"How did the 'talk' go with your..."
"Son? Apparently he isn't actually wrong. He has mine and Psysquid's genetic material inside...so that does make him our child." She looks to the table where the 'Squid Family' is eating dried squids. "Unfortunately, he appears to have taken too much from his father. But I had a talk with him, and he is sorry for what he said...but your evilness, after four hour of pain I wouldn't have kind words to anyone."
She adds the last part softly, before returning to sipping her tea.
"I think Cerulean ate a child," you tell her in a whisper. "We were one short."
"Oh your evilness, that's not possible. Her mass didn't increase," she retorts. "Unless she used that for some reason, the only other answer is that she killed the girl and hid her body -maybe gave her to the behemoth to eat?" Completely unfazed. Utterly uncaring. Yep. That's Chemista all right.
"Not caring the slightest, uh."
"I'm a Dark Advisor. Where does it scream 'Motherly type, cares for children' in the description of the job?"
"Never mind," you sigh.
You turn thoughtful for a moment. "Have you ever heard of O..." the windows outside turn pitch black. You close your mouth shut.
"O?"
"Oregano," you finish. "Have you ever heard of Oregano?"
"You mean...the super-hero of pizza and condiments?"
"Yeah," you nod. "Well, I was thinking...pizza night for the new recruits would be nice, right?"
"Of course," she says with a soft smile. "Those poor dears must be famished."
Oh, yes. 'Poor dears'. You just said you didn't care and weren't the motherly type.
Still, Ozymandias did say it...you just have to call him.
Maybe you could write it down, but knowing how demon work...writing it down would be the equivalent of simply summoning him.
Better not risk it.
Or maybe you just want to talk with him? You don't know if demons claim your soul the moment you call them.
Maybe he wouldn't.
He looked like a nice goldfish.

Psysquid

He gives you a nod as you think about talking to him, and the next moment he stands and walks over. "You wished to see me, your evilness?"
"How...?"
"My...prescience has grown stronger, I think." he replies calmly.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"I see," you reply. "How are things?"
"Very well," he smiles brightly. "Your Overlordness can rest assured! I am back in the game!" he gently elbows you in the side, "And I got the gift you told me about," he whispers with a conspiratorial tone. "While I was at it, I signed it also in your name," he smiles brightly. "That way, she'll know we both want to see her happy, right?"
You want to say something, but it sticks in your throat as Psysquid sends you another beaming smile. "Yeeesss?"
You narrow your eyes. "You didn't actually do that. You want me to insult you, don't you?"
He slumps his shoulders, before meekly nodding.
"Fine," you sigh, "You pathetic excuse of a squid," those words do send shudders down Psysquid's body, who grinning madly calls forth an 'EVILZON' package and then walks firmly towards Chemista.
You...well, you expected Chemista to throw him around the room for a while, maybe scream something about him being a 'pig' or similar...
She actually accepts the corset with a bright smile, she puts it on...and then she melts it with her acidic composition before sweetly grabbing Psysquid by the neck to pin him down, starting to suffocate him with her jelly.
"I'm going to murder you, you perverted bastard in heat! You damn horrendous excuse of a monster! To think I was even wor- ahem- warming up to the idea of not killing you where you stood but now! Oh now you're going to get it you..."
You let the two fight.
It's better for your vocabulary.

Gamington

He's dancing away on his DANCE-DANCE...ah no, Chemista broke it while rampaging.
He's helping out giving food to the kids and generally laughing and dancing around, with Coghuahua doing pretty much the same.
"Your evilness! How can I help you!?"
"Is everything all right?"
"As always it is!" Gamington replies. "I told you all that was needed, your evilness!"
"Don't you want another Dance-Dance?"
He shrugs. "I can live without for a while, and your evilness has a lot of things to do! Dance the fatigue away!" and with that, he pirouettes once more towards the kitchen.

Ragnarok

He carefully stands up, looking at you sheepishly.
"I...I wanted to say I am sorry about yesterday, your evilness," he says. His voice is still coarse, but it's apparently just how he sounds. "I went through a lot of pain and...I lashed out. I apologize. It will not happen again."
You nod and dismiss the issue with a hand wave. "Is there anything you can tell me about your powers? Have you already experimented with them?"
"I have not, your evilness," he replies. "I did not wish to risk it."
"Do you feel better now?"
He nods hesitantly. "I slept a while, and my genetic Goo and Squid biology did the rest. I am now fine, mentally and physically and ready for deployment should you wish for it, your evilness."
"Well, I'm sure we'll get to that but for now, you can keep on reading," you say right back at him, before heading off once more as he sternly salutes you militarily before returning to his book.
The Yellow King- Spawn simply doesn't answer when you talk to him. He does mimic his father and 'brother' concerning food...but for the rest, he's 'not there'. You do order him around and he does move when ordered...just, he's not there.

Sidekicks:

Cerulean

"Cerulean?" you say, earning a tackle-hug from the girl as soon as you near her enough.
"Yes daddy?" she says back, smiling brightly at you.
"Have you seen a child yet to mutate? We're missing one."
She frowns. "No daddy," she shakes her head. "I haven't."
"Uhm...you know, the one with the picture?"
"I don't know daddy," she flutters her goo-eyes. "I really didn't see her. And I clearly wouldn't kill someone only because they drew you being killed horribly as candy emerged from your guts. After all, why would I kill a little girl who doesn't know what comes out when you gut someone? It would hardly be fair, right? I mean, just because she doesn't know what guts are and how painful it is to be gutted, it doesn't mean I would gut her and eat her while she's still alive right? I mean, really, I didn't see her."
She shrugs. "I have no idea where she went, daddy. I'll have a look around if you want."
"I didn't say anything about the guts..."
Cerulean blinks. "Well, wasn't that the drawing? I have no idea. Maybe she asked someone how guts are drawn properly? If I ever had to draw the picture of a gutted little girl, I'd make sure to draw it with the right type of guts. Not that I actually ever saw the guts of a living little girl of course."
"Cerulean..."
"What? Don't you trust me, daddy? I don't know what happened to the girl. Really. It's not like I can pass through walls and reach her bed, and kidnap her while she sleeps right? And the cameras you placed around aren't totally avoidable even if you do go through walls. I mean, if I actually killed her, I would have had to act while before you moved the children to the mutation lab. Even if the girl had to go to the bathroom, and even if someone brought her there, it wouldn't mean I actually ate her. Right? You have the camera footage anyway. I didn't bring her to the bathroom and I clearly didn't wait for her in there to eat her alive while showing her her guts. Clearly."
You massage your temples.
"Cerulean, I don't want you to lie to me. Did you eat her or not?"
"No," she replies. "I don't know where she went, daddy, but I didn't eat her or gut her or eat her alive while gutting her. I don't even know why we're speaking about guts to begin with." She smiles brightly. "Let's speak about something else! I have new sisters now, right? Why are they in a bucket still? Haven't they learned how to become solid yet? Maybe I should teach them!"
"Yeah, you do that," you mutter as you watch her go.
You don't have proof she did it...except Splinter Cog pointing at her.
You could tell her that Splinter Cog saw her, but without proof it's the word of one side-kick to another.
And you really should review the footage.

Germain (Which I for some reason believed was called Bernard)

The humanoid dog happily barks and waggles its tail, playing with a ball and every now and then saying something about biological nurture and 'dna clusters mixed with Rna' and stuff like that.
He does appear to be the sanest of all possible side-kicks. Barring Snowstar.
"How are you doing, Germain?" You ask, only for him woof in your direction.
"Very well, evilness!" he exclaims, "This exciting...toy...is...exciting!" he woofs again. "Anything I can...woof, do?"
"No, no...carry on."
"Woof!"

Snowstar

Snowstar is lazing around in the tank with the other half-fishes and half-crustaceans and merchildren.
He comes up to the surface to speak, glistening with water. "Your evilness?"
"How are you hanging up?"
"I'm using the natural suction in the star's limbs to stay attached to the glass panel."
"No, I meant if you're all right. Anything you might need or things like that."
"Ah, no. I'm used to being in a tiny cramped room with twenty-eight others, so this is a big expansion," he gestures to the tank, "And if I want I can always swim in the sea just outside. I'm fine like this, your evilness."
"Very well then, if you need anything just say the word."
"Oh yes, could we have some food in the tank? The children are hungry," he says suddenly. "And they'd like a few sea plants to go with the scenery."
You nod. Well, at least Snowstar can communicate with them through 'fish tongue'.

Coghuahua

She dances around with Gamington. You very much doubt she needs anything.
You did program her after all, and you didn't put 'personal needs' in the equation.
She's a faithful side-kick of Gamington.

Splinter-Cog

Your secret agent/Side-kick emerges from the shadows with his green visor, "Splinter?"
"Are you sure about Cerulean?"
"Computing," he remarks. "I saw her bring child N° 15, named 'Jeanne', outside for a stroll. Did not see child N°15, named 'Jeanne' return. Computing. Either I was reprogrammed by Root Access User Lord Gamington bzzt or Your Overlordness Incognito bzzt, or my memory has not been tampered with. Splinter Cog was planning death of child N°15 anyway your evilness."
"Why?" you ask.
"You made a clear sign to have her eliminated, your overlordness," he remarks. "I was merely preparing. I did not strike. Computing...must remember to disarm mine. Computing...Your evilness should not use N°15's bed for the day. Computing."
"I see," you nervously chuckle. "Anything else?"
"Do you desire a subject terminated, your evilness?" Splinter Cog remarks. "I'm good at cleaning, computing...and computing...and cleaning problems."
You'll keep that in mind for the moment.

Charoline

The Tutor looks warily at all the children, now turned monsters.
"I'm missing a few," she says, looking at you with a wide and doe-eyed look. "I...I don't know what I expected," she adds softly. "I mean, you are an Evil Overlord. Silly me thinking that just because you were helping me pay my student debts you were actually a good guy." she shakes her head, "So...come to mutate me too now? Is this what it comes to in the end? Either we become a part of your 'race' or we are killed off? You're no better than those 'Only Humans should be Heroes' purists. Maybe you're doing this as a job, like those butchers who club baby seals to death. Only, instead of baby seals it's children you're killing off."
Her eyes are sort of angry at you, but she doesn't even try to scream. She's resigned to the fact she's probably going to die.
"So what now? Come to gloat and tell me I'm about to be turned into a monster too? Or maybe you'll fill me metal bits and reprogram me into your loyal slave?"
"No, I..."
What exactly did you want to talk to her about anyway?

More Fluff? With who if yes, otherwise on to Mission Select/Upgrade Base

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: November 22, 2013, 02:59:38 pm »

I actually think that we can justify this mad science fuckup in character by saying that this is Incognity going too self-righteous for the good of those around him.

EDIT: Charoline is pretty normal, right? Drag her into a room and then tell her about our anguish from going Mengele. We need some psychological support ourselves. Ask her if she could be our self-righteousness alarm, telling us when we are beginning to powertrip as she is probably the only person in our lair both moral and not fanatically loyal to us.

Let the aquachildren out of the tank into the ocean.

Also, hug Ragnarok. We need to feel sorry about doing that to him more than he need us to be apologetic.

Review footage. If Cerulear really did eat/kill that child, lock her up as she is clearly unstable and dangerous. Contemplate kidnapping a psychologist. On the occasion that Cerulean is too smart to be caught on video (THE EXISTENCE OF WHICH, BY THE WAY, IS A BLOODY SECRET! WHY DOES CERULEAN KNOW?!), I am still inclined to believe that she is the murderer. Child soldiers are notoriously psycho, so I actually vote that we should isolate/incarcerate our daughter. We still love her, but a violent murderer on the loose is not a good thing.

And I actually thought that we didn't get that cruelty upgrade.

Oh, and ask Gamington if he tampered with Splintercogs memory or helped Cerulean cover up her psychopathic tendencies.

Goddamn did we bury ourselves in a bile of shit!

As for the missions, ignore them. Build a training grounds instead.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 03:28:30 pm by Knit tie »

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: November 22, 2013, 03:20:22 pm »

Well I kinda just justify this kind of thing as the idea our guy has all these big ideas and ideals, but his first priority is himself, second is Cerulean and third is those closest to him, but is willing to make them suffer for his own goals or just on a whim if he thinks he might get something of it. (So yeah he cares about them, just cares about his selfish wants more, eg: was willing to make Cerulean cry, put Pysquid through that alt world stuff.)
Don't really care if that is right, it justifies our guys actions well enough for me. Or he could just be crazy, been through enough to say he is wrong in the head.

Edit:+1 to Knit tie's suggestions, Hope we don't mess up Rag like we did Cerulean.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 03:34:15 pm by Cain12 »

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: November 22, 2013, 03:23:56 pm »

You know what, I think I am gonna put my position in this game in that little space under my avatar.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: November 22, 2013, 03:28:51 pm »

On a side note, since we can't change the amount of pain a person going through mutations has  (Even knocking them out probably won't work, as that would influence the mutation), how about simply removing it from their memories. Chemista worked on Mindium, surely she has also developed some alternate, less powerfull system. With a decent chemical we can prevent the experience being committed to long term memory. It's too late for the current batch of kids, but it should work on the others. Basically, it has the same effect as sedation.

After all, if a tree falls in the forest, does it make a sound?
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 213