Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 259176 times)

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #2115 on: November 22, 2013, 02:14:48 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: November 22, 2013, 02:25:59 am »

Hey, why don't you roll a d3 when you get the 12 and make a Dark Advisor on a 3? Would make them a lot rarer.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: November 22, 2013, 02:27:04 am »

For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2118 on: November 22, 2013, 05:13:01 am »

Your modifier for mutations is: +5
Simple Mutations aren't fallible with this modifier. Advanced or More than One mutation can fail.
(the base of success is 6+N°Number of Mutagens. An Advanced Mutagen counts as +1 on the basic success, but the 'sum' is squared. So using it alone has a requirement of 7. Using it with a basic mutagen, instead of being 8 it would be (1+1)^2= 4 (Hence, 10) Advanced Mutations are 'stabler' and thus makes it harder to further mutate them. The Mutation of Two Advanced Mutations is Cubed.
(seeing the before, it's (1+1)^3=8, hence 14. ))

2 with the same dual-mutagen procedure we used for Gorloceros, NOT Gorloceros mutagen.

The children scream. You hear their cries as their entire bodies twist and twitch under the strain of muscles and mass stronger than ever before. Their cries are a delightful music to your ears as the shackles break once the mutation is complete. Massive horn-like bones surround the otherwise furry bodies of the children. They look like small yeti -if Yetis had horns on their shoulders, head and arms.

You have Obtained: Two Children of Gorloceros -Clearly not a reference to Godzilla's Children

2 with Gorloceros mutagen.

One of the two children shrieks and retches, before his body jerks apart as he grows in size.
He appears largely human, if not for a very thin patch of fur and a very small horn in the centre of his forehead. He looks completely different from the two more 'animalistic' brothers.
Gorloceros-Spawn, obtained!
The other child...explodes in a mass of twisted organs and blood. Thankfully you have the children come in one or two at the time, so after a quick cleaning, you're up for more.

1 with Yellow King Psysquid mutagen.

The Goldfish appears particularly happy about it. The children a lot less since he screams until his throat turns coarse and his face red. By the time it's over, the eyes of the children are empty and his face emotionless. He stands up and floats away, eerily looking at you and your Goldfish, as if he could see the goldfish swimming around. He also has small tentacle-like limbs around his legs -rather than his arms- all with tiny barbed hooks.
He must be a very good fisherman.

Acquired: Yellow King Spawn

2 females with Goo-Girl mutagen.  <--CAN team-up with SplinterCog for stealth missions

The two girls start crying. What is it with children and crying? Sure, it's painful and their bodies are literally being melted and reformed, but what the hell!
Two buckets are placed beneath their chairs, so when they fall into their Goo-like state, Chemista simply scoops them up and put them aside.
"It will take a while to teach them how to hold a solid form...I'll do it in my free time," she says.

Acquired: Two Goo-Girls!

1 female with Succubus mutagen <--Research

The child moans. That...is wrong on so many level you do not continue the line of thought. When it's over, you admire a young, wide-eyed adorable creature whose trembling lips make all of your fatherly instincts sky-rocket.
"Onii-chan," she says in a moe-like voice, "Daisuki!"
Then she twirls out a butcher's knife. "You love only me, Onii-chan...right?" her eyes are empty and filled with brimming anger. "Say you love only me!"
Chemista knocks her out with a light sedative gas.
"A bit of brainwashing to keep her stable, and everything will be fine...where did she get a knife anyway?"

Acquired: Succubus-Spawn (Yandere SubType) 

1 with Mauve mutagen <-- Research, possible elemental/demonic powered kid

You try with the next child. Nothing seems to happen at first.
Then a giant demonic claw gouges its way out from the child's stomach, ripping it apart and killing her among her terrified screams of pain.
That doesn't really sit well with you, as you're left with the blood to clean...and a strong smell of sulphur in the air.
You're wondering if this is what Mengele-you did in his dimension. Testing on children, doing all of this.
Positively evil, isn't it?
You're an Evil Overlord after all...
And this is for science and a better tomorrow...
And anyway, the Good Guys forced you to do this! They shouldn't have involved the children! You are SAVING THEM FROM THEIR OWN DEATHS! The good guys want to make them child soldiers! You are making them free! Albeit genetically tied to you.
But they're free!

2 with Knighthowl mutagen.

The two children scream. That's nothing new. Few minutes, and they stand as tall as you and with visible muscles. Their tongues loll out for a bit, before they begin to act like dogs and slobber your face while 'woofing'.
A bone thrown out later by Chemista, and you wash your face.

Acquired: Two Knighthowl-Spawns

2 dolphin mutagen (They were one on the other, so I placed them together)

You're growing used to the screaming. Maybe you're becoming Jaded to so much suffering, maybe you don't really care as long as you get what you want.
Then again, this is for their own good.
The two children end up crawling on the ground, their bodies grotesquely mutated as a fin and a hole appears on their now hairless and grey bodies. If they're more intelligent than normal, you don't know.
what you know is that you have them thrown in the sea before they suffocate.
Apparently they're aquatic -although you know dolphins need air to breathe.

Acquired: Two Beastmen (Dolphin)

2 with merfolk mutagen

This too is easy. Ignore the screams, prepare the fish tank, and watch as the lower bodies of the children become merfolk like.
You now have your own 'little mermaid' and 'little merman' in a tank.
They can't apparently speak -they needed the gills more than they needed the vocal chords- but it doesn't really matter.
It's done.
You're experimenting because you can.
You're a truly frightening genius. You are the apex of science. You are a superior creature of intellect and refined purpose.
And it doesn't scare you one bit that you don't feel any remorse at all.
They're just numbers, these children. They're just slabs of flesh anyway. You're going to use them, because the Good Guys are using them too.
Innocence? There is no Innocence here. There is only a future soldier.
There is only a future soldier.

Acquired: Two Merpeople-Spawn

2 with Crab mutagen

The merpeople now also have two Half-Human and Half-Crustacean friends. You wonder if the crustacean meat now tastes as good as that of an actual crab. You'd have to boil alive one of the hybrids to find out though.
You shrug the thought off. You might experiment later on that.

Acquired: Two Beastmen (Crabs)

1 with Psysquid mutagen THEN Chemista mutagen

Chemista looks at you with an inquisitive gaze. Still, she follows through.

You got yourself a Dark Advisor

The child chosen is a boy. Strapped to the chair, he screams for a good four hours, as the mutagens slowly devour his old, frail and pathetic body to the point where nothing of human remains behind. He stands then, shifting through the straps like a mass of jelly -albeit more solid than a normal goo-creature.
His eyes are dark, and he holds quite a bit of disdain. His face is morphed in a grimace of disgust in your direction, as his jelly like appendages harden into the form of tentacles, before he assumes a largely humanoid form -if not for the notable resemblance to Psysquid.
"Well, don't stand there," Chemista snaps towards him, making him flinch and turn to gaze at her. There a sort of sad 'puppy' look. "Present yourself to the Overlord."
"I am..." the child licks his jelly lips. A grey jelly substance forms him, after all, "Ragnarok."
"Show respect to the Overlord, child," Chemista snaps.
"He will have to earn it," Ragnarok hisses out coldly, "Mother."
Chemista's eyes narrow. "Get out of here and make sure the other children aren't making a fuss. We'll talk more about this later."
With a nod, Ragnarok leaves. The fucker actually ignores you when you try to speak to him.
Chemista sighs. "I'll...talk with him, your evilness. I'm sure I can convince him to see things our way with a bit of time."
The swimming goldfish giggles like a hyena. You're starting to doubt that thing has any purpose at all except unnerving you.

Ragnarok Acquired

1 with Chemista mutagen THEN Psysquid mutagen

The second try is with a Girl. (maybe Chemista is doing this on purpose, selecting who gets the 'main' mutation and then the secondary)
Unfortunately, it doesn't work and the girl literally tears itself apart as the psionic energies destroy her flesh and goo-like body to cinders.
Chemista sighs. "Sometimes it's luck alone that works..."

1 with shark mutagen <can be further upgraded afterwards>

The tank-aquarium now has a half-human and half-shark creature.
Lovely.
Acquired: Beastman (Sharkman)

2 with barracudas

As above. Two Barracudamen acquired

2 with spiders, 1 with scorpion, 1 with seagull

As above, Two Spidermen, One Scorpionmen and One Seagullmen acquired

The spidermen are actually 'spiderchildren' and look like small and cute eight-limbed black widows. They even have the spinnerets and the poisonous glands. In their mouths. They spit out a thin strand as they leave the laboratory...probably making a web somewhere.
The scorpion child has a poisonous tail and a chitinous armour. His hands morph into scorpion like claws.
The seagullman...
He gets wings.
You see him screeching and squawking outside, engaging in a verbal spar with the Behemoth catfishes before starting to eat the 'grime' out of their teeth with his beak.

2 elephant wraith mutagen

Both mutations succeed. You're sort of chuckling nervously as the two small mini-Wraith stand up. They have bones surrounding their necks, forming a sort of 'neck-guard' that is open in the front. Their eyes are bright red, and they seem to sparkle with magical energies.

Two Elephant Wraith Spawns acquired

1 squidconda mutagen

The child emerges with a multiple of small squid and snake-like limbs, so many in fact that she can't even hold her balance on two feet, and falls down. Her legs actually interconnect, giving her a half-snake appearance. She's a Naga...
Wait.
You actually did create a race.
You now have a Naga!
Resource Acquired: Naga

1 extra dolphin mutagen -> Not possible. Children finished.

1 giant catfish mutagen -> Not possible. Children finished.

and you realize they're twenty-nine.

You also realize one of them is missing.
You look around, half-expecting to remember which one is missing, when you slowly massage your temples as the goldfish keeps swimming lazily around. The fish has sharp and small teeth, and seems to be amused by something.
"Careful, careful, what you say...careful, careful, what you do...we're always watching, always doing...always facing, always saying..." the fish hums.

As you ponder this however...
How do you feel after all this experimenting on children?

Are you...
Happy!
Ashamed, sad, grieving.
It was necessary, so you don't feel anything.
Angry at the good guys. It's their fault you had to do this. It's their fault, and they're going to pay!

« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 05:17:01 am by shadenight123 »
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: November 22, 2013, 05:34:41 am »

You are angry at the good guys because you had to force the children to become better, as you realize that a voluntary turning is more beneficial.

Also try to find out how to earn Ragnaroks respect.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: November 22, 2013, 05:38:14 am »

Again, I will abstain, because I would vote for ashamed, but we have a tendency to break our ethics whenever we feel like.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: November 22, 2013, 05:39:55 am »

Consider it as a necessary evil, but also wonder if we are truly better than the HEROES association after doing that. Feel guilty for all the suffering, so think about using anesthesia in the future, or develop less painful mutagenic methods. Vow to never use painful mutagen again on children.

So something between 2 and 3. Because testing our moral limits is good character development.

Show Psysquid to Ragnarok as well.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 05:58:48 am by Naryar »

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: November 22, 2013, 06:11:31 am »

Tomcost, we still can feel shame and guilt for our actions, even if we are not as moral as we would like.

And secondly, the only thing that we did right now that is just plain wrong is not using anesthesy befor mutating. That was, however, plenty of wrong.

Have a painful flashback to our conversation with the Yellow king about his Mengele-esque boss. Have an equally painfull flashback to when we were rescuing these children from the orphanage and felt righteously indignant at the HEROES for doing pretty much what we did just now. Then have an even more painful flashback to when we ordered a whole district to be killed to rescue Cerulean, kell over, hyperventilate and then down the drink Chemista gave us.

Then try to rationalise it as a necessary evil, but can't help but feel ashamed and sad for causing all that death and suffering - its not the mutating itself that is wrong, but all the pain and stress and death. Swear to yourself that before you mutate anyone else, you will pump them full af anesthetic. Then bury the dead, what remains of them.

And finally, and I cannot stress this enough, ensure that all the children can properly rest and recover. Let them just lie in bed until the extreme shock abater, give the aquatic ones some way to communicate, have someone competent explain to them how to use their new bodies, remind them that they are loved, avoid any more stressful events, make them all attend a support group of sorts, maybe even dancing therapy with Gamington... Those are children after all, and what we did is almost certain to give them PTSD.

Actually, have a long, protracted talk with all the newly mutated children. Find out how they feel.

EDIT: I honestly believe that this is the point where we start losing sanity.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 07:22:03 am by Knit tie »

Cattani

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: November 22, 2013, 07:22:02 am »

Sad, but only briefly. Then hopeful.

We saved these children from the diseased society they lived in. Seriously, they where being turned into soldiers, with a chickenshit army officer in charge of their training that was actually more of a torture. And everyone is fine with it, they're actually HAPPY with it.If these kids stopped for a second to think about their situation, the smarter ones could even break due to realism shock.
They lived in THAT kind of society. We're building a new society where there will be no child soldiers and no discriminating people for their differences. A better place at it's finest.
We can't run with regular children by definition, so we made them superhumans but they are STILL children. Sure, the Yandere girl looks like a fucking infiltrate-then-kill-from-within person but it's not like we're throwing them at missions without asking if they want it first. These are not regular minions, these are children and we can't ignore this.

Also, about the new Dark Advisor: This seems to be a special case. We don't need another one, that's for sure. Even more so if it's a disrespectful bastard that completely forgot he's a kid and acts like he's the last cookie in the pack (regional saying meaning very important). My dwarf fortress overseer's senses are crying out for an unfortunate accident.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: November 22, 2013, 07:28:03 am »

Again, the thing that makes us feel bad is the suffering, not the mutation itself. We see nothing wrong with mutation - the children will not be immediately used as soldiers, and will probably live long, happy lives in the monser paradise we undoubedly are going to create.

The suffering, though, I'd like to see drive us to a minor psychological breakdown.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2125 on: November 22, 2013, 07:31:35 am »

Well, I'm not against some sanity loss due to plain old madness from this world. But I would like that goldfish away. You can't just screw around with Cthulhu and pretend to be sane for the rest of your life.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: November 22, 2013, 07:51:39 am »

Somewhere between Happy!  and It was necessary, so you don't feel anything.

'calm and content with a job done well'?  That's close.

We like monsters.  We believe monsters are better than people, are better off than people.  We were kind to the children before their transformations, which were for the most part briefly unpleasant experiences.

Children, all beings of all ages in fact, have unpleasant experiences.  Those who are ours will, for the most part, live lives of security and comfort, protected from the worse horrors which are indeed out there.  Most will die, eventually.  But what being does not?  And we -care- for our underlings.  We allow them much freedom.

Too much freedom, occasionally.

Call Splintercog.  Send him after the missing child.  Tell splintercog he is racing Cerulean in finding the missing one, and has been given a head start, this time.

Go to Cerulean.  Ask her to find the missing child.  Tell her she is racing Splintercog, who had a head start because she is faster and knows the missing child better than Splintercog does - and Splintercog lacks a goo-girl's advantages.

Go to our viewing area.  Review security footage, attempting to race both other searchers in finding the child first ourselves.  We started last - this is only fair of course.

For the new Dark Advisor, grant him a small amount of time and 'care' at Chemista's hands.  If he does not soon bend to us, -bend- him.  We're a Control based Overlord, we're good at things like that.

If the boy's better at unbending than we are at bending, he gets downgraded or destroyed.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: November 22, 2013, 08:09:25 am »

I'm thinking that I'm not insane enoguh to keep playing the roleplaying part, so I think that from here onwards I will suggest only efficiency and technical stuff.

But I will make you remember that some children died. Those were perfectly avoidable deaths, that happen to be incompatible with our "we are better than the heroes" and "building a better future for the children" ideas.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: November 22, 2013, 08:26:17 am »

I'm thinking that I'm not insane enoguh to keep playing the roleplaying part, so I think that from here onwards I will suggest only efficiency and technical stuff.

But I will make you remember that some children died. Those were perfectly avoidable deaths, that happen to be incompatible with our "we are better than the heroes" and "building a better future for the children" ideas.

You're one of our conscience players, I think.

I like your suggestions, and that you suggest them.  I don't necessarily agree with you very often, but I like that you say your ideas and I think our game would be weaker if you didn't share your suggestions when you want to.

I hope you stay very involved with our game, it's all of our's game!  But I get it's frustrating not to get a lot of agreement.

You're not wrong about the kids having died.  You're not wrong about those deaths having been avoidable, in one sense.  I see three sides to this - one is the 'side that is right'; one that is the 'side that is fighting against a greater evil that calls itself good', and then I see the 'side that is what Incognito is'

The side that is right, absolute right, we 'failed'.  For me that's the weakest side - for you it might be the strongest.  We probably both see the fighting side as a shared side - and for me 'what Ink is' is a pretty darn strong side.  Monsters.  Even if it kills.  That's what we are, how could it be wrong?  And I bet that side's extremely weak for you.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: November 22, 2013, 08:33:40 am »

It was necessary, so you don't feel anything.

Though truly, we need to come up with a more efficient mutagenic procedure.
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 213