Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 259286 times)

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #2085 on: November 21, 2013, 05:45:46 pm »

Meh not at first but one or two may prove useful/willing, we use to send Cerulean, so sure can support that most stay home, til they are properly ready to help out in simple missions. Edit:I mean once they like complete so much training they would need hands on experience eventually
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 05:49:23 pm by Cain12 »

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: November 21, 2013, 06:28:43 pm »

Alright...

4 with the same dual-mutagen procedure we used for Gorloceros, NOT Gorloceros mutagen.
4 with Gorloceros mutagen.
2 with Yellow King Psysquid mutagen.
2 females with Goo-Girl mutagen.
4 females with Succubus mutagen
4 with Knighthowl mutagen.
2 with Squid mutagen THEN Anaconda mutagen
4 with Alligator mutagen THEN Whale mutagen
4 with Squid mutagen THEN Goo-Girl mutagen.

+1 to this except the Gorloceros, 4 is too much. (Edit:2 seems a fair amount)
Hope they don't ever try to rebel those Knighthowls could be tough, how about we use Dark knight mutagen on one or two, just to see how it works?

The only ones who can rebel (and have any chance of winning) are dark advisors.  All others are forced by the plot to only rebel as fluff, if they rebel at all.

I also support Psiquid's selection as anti-nullifier upgrade.  If we can always see possibly nullified results, that's worse to be than being able to see true results half the time.

Back to them kids... err.  Cups.  Though I do have some suspicions, they're really mild.  Share the cup with Psisquid.  I -do- like Mr. Goldfish. I wouldn't mind having goldfish flashbacks occasionally.  But I also trust Chemista (who I see as being Shadeknight's avatar in this ;p ....what, I still trust the GM?  Unto the death, yes.  Not just my death or any death - the death)

Huh?  What's that little swimmy thingy?  Oh yeah, back to them kids.

So some of these might be grotesque failures.  Umm.  Especially that 'yellow king' mutagen.... especially if Mr Yellow King wasn't an alternate reality Psysquid at all, but was a thing from the great outer darkness.  That goes too for Nihlism Psysquid if we ever use that mutagen.  We have to watch that one/those ones extra close - that said (it's not because the mutant hybrid might rebel, it's because the results might not be a mutation in the standard sense, it might be a 'spawn of dread devourer from the dark' and not exactly 'one of ours' at all.

Personally, I'd make some small changes to this list but they're all cosmetic differences really.  These are decently sound choices to me and we need some consensus I think, I approve Naryar's list as is - though I'm willing to see a few other changes/additions... direct use of Squidconda's mutagen would be nice, Elephant wraith's would be neat (He's killable, right?  So he's possible to get mutagen from, whatever substance he has can be 'sampled).

However, at the moment these are small things to me.  I don't think the story urgently needs fine tuning of specifics and I've jumped in a lot recently to say 'hey guys, do it my way please please please!'... it's about time for me to say 'sounds good, what about this but yeah, sounds good.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: November 21, 2013, 06:47:17 pm »

Ah my mistake sorry bout that, still don't see why the now somewhat stronger/messed up kids wouldn't try to beat us and aim for freedom, they still see us as the evil overlord to be killed by the hero if that pic is any indication.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: November 21, 2013, 07:08:51 pm »

Ah my mistake sorry bout that, still don't see why the now somewhat stronger/messed up kids wouldn't try to beat us and aim for freedom, they still see us as the evil overlord to be killed by the hero if that pic is any indication.

You're not making a mistake, I just disagree with you  :P

Remember I'm not always right!

They can 'try', yeah, but the story has certain kinds of 'plot armor' stuff.  There's a few assumptions we're allowed to make.

And there are exceptions to the 'can't rebel' thing - those are usually marked out for us - like how anyone being sacrificed can try to resist.  Anyone.  Even our totally broken fan -tried-.

I am slightly worried that 'essence of madness/an elder god-like creature' (Looking at you, Yellow King mutagen (and nihilist Psysquid mutagen) may prove to be one of those exceptions, but other than that, I believe all the resistance we're going to see is going to come in the form of fluff (and from poor Tomcost and the other players who, like Tomcost, do -not- want the children changed.  Really sorry guys.)
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: November 21, 2013, 07:24:47 pm »

I just want to put more thought in the decision, you know. We have a broken Psysquid just because we wanted to mess with the fabric of the universe.

Anyway, I will just say some things:
-We can always use merperson mutagen that the catfishes have collected for us. Well, we can gather them now, or risk losing them due to digestion.
-I'm against using succubus mutagen on kids. It's a waste of good mutation material.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: November 21, 2013, 07:40:45 pm »

I just want to put more thought in the decision, you know. We have a broken Psysquid just because we wanted to mess with the fabric of the universe.

-We can always use merperson mutagen that the catfishes have collected for us. Well, we can gather them now, or risk losing them due to digestion.
-I'm against using succubus mutagen on kids. It's a waste of good mutation material.
I'm against Succubus children because that would be weird.... Remember what happened to the Bunny?

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: November 21, 2013, 07:51:26 pm »

I'm against Succubus children because that would be weird.... Remember what happened to the Bunny?
I do, and I really didn't like it.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: November 21, 2013, 07:57:51 pm »

Heh, fine. We don't actually need children succubi because we've got already a good source of succubi, aka wench blood. But still testing to see what it does.

Changing a bit the list.

3 with the same dual-mutagen procedure we used for Gorloceros, NOT Gorloceros mutagen. They will be heavy lifting and future Destruction mission things.
3 with Gorloceros mutagen. To see difference between dual mutagen and single mutagen.
1 with Yellow King Psysquid mutagen. So we can control him if it goes all Cthulhu on us.
2 females with Goo-Girl mutagen. More Chemista sidekicks, more future scientists ?
1 female with Succubus mutagen For testing mostly, also maybe we get a new corrupter with different bonuses.
2 with Knighthowl mutagen. For muscle, and because we never tried Knighthowl mutagen before.
2 with Knighthowl + elephant mutagen EVEN MOAR MUSCLE. Also, were-elephant is very dwarven and !!FUN!!
2 with Knighthowl + seagull mutagen So maybe we get flying units.
2 with elephant + gorilla mutagen MOAR MUSCLE !!
2 with gorilla + squid mutagen To attempt to get a super-strong, psychic, AND intelligent minion. Maybe two.
2 with Squid mutagen THEN Anaconda mutagen Because maybe psychic, maybe intelligent, certainly deadly. Also to give poor Psysquid some company.
2 with Alligator mutagen THEN Whale mutagen Because that "Aliwhale used HYDRO CANNON!" thing was useful.
2 with Whale mutagen THEN Alligator mutagen Same thing, simply see what happens if we do it in reverse
2 with Squid mutagen THEN Goo-Girl mutagen. So they consider Psysquid to be their father and Chemista their mother, which will of course lead to many hilarious moments. Also, psionic goo-girl ? Hell yes, think of the tactical uses.
2 with Goo-Girl mutagen THEN Squid mutagen. See before, but inversed.

I also support training them well and getting them into apprenticeship to Dark Advisors AND Sidekicks before sending them into missions. The ones that don't devolve into mindless beasts, of course.

Can't wait to see what monstruosities we create as well. Who is the Creator now ?

Get merperson mutagen as well.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 08:09:59 pm by Naryar »

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: November 21, 2013, 08:16:43 pm »

Alright...

4 with the same dual-mutagen procedure we used for Gorloceros, NOT Gorloceros mutagen.

+1 to this except the Gorloceros, 4 is too much. (Edit:2 seems a fair amount)
Hope they don't ever try to rebel those Knighthowls could be tough, how about we use Dark knight mutagen on one or two, just to see how it works?

The only ones who can rebel (and have any chance of winning) are dark advisors.  All others are forced by the plot to only rebel as fluff, if they rebel at all.

I also support Psiquid's selection as anti-nullifier upgrade.  If we can always see possibly nullified results, that's worse to be than being able to see true results half the time.

Back to them kids... err.  Cups.  Though I do have some suspicions, they're really mild.  Share the cup with Psisquid.  I -do- like Mr. Goldfish. I wouldn't mind having goldfish flashbacks occasionally.  But I also trust Chemista (who I see as being Shadeknight's avatar in this ;p ....what, I still trust the GM?  Unto the death, yes.  Not just my death or any death - the death)

Huh?  What's that little swimmy thingy?  Oh yeah, back to them kids.

So some of these might be grotesque failures.  Umm.  Especially that 'yellow king' mutagen.... especially if Mr Yellow King wasn't an alternate reality Psysquid at all, but was a thing from the great outer darkness.  That goes too for Nihlism Psysquid if we ever use that mutagen.  We have to watch that one/those ones extra close - that said (it's not because the mutant hybrid might rebel, it's because the results might not be a mutation in the standard sense, it might be a 'spawn of dread devourer from the dark' and not exactly 'one of ours' at all.

Personally, I'd make some small changes to this list but they're all cosmetic differences really.  These are decently sound choices to me and we need some consensus I think, I approve Naryar's list as is - though I'm willing to see a few other changes/additions... direct use of Squidconda's mutagen would be nice, Elephant wraith's would be neat (He's killable, right?  So he's possible to get mutagen from, whatever substance he has can be 'sampled).

However, at the moment these are small things to me.  I don't think the story urgently needs fine tuning of specifics and I've jumped in a lot recently to say 'hey guys, do it my way please please please!'... it's about time for me to say 'sounds good, what about this but yeah, sounds good.
Decided to check out this thread, this is the first thing I see. WTF?
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: November 21, 2013, 08:21:26 pm »

-snip-
Decided to check out this thread, this is the first thing I see. WTF?
You must be new here.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: November 21, 2013, 08:33:48 pm »

You get use to it, its long but worth reading.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: November 21, 2013, 08:40:46 pm »

Alright...

I am sorry, Naryar, but I like your original list more. The one you are currently proposing has way too much double mutations for my liking.

Actually, you know what? Let's take it slow and do mostly single mutations this time - we can always apply second mutagens at a later date.

So it looks something like this:
Alright...

4 with the same dual-mutagen procedure we used for Gorloceros, NOT Gorloceros mutagen. - for science !
2 with Squid mutagen
4 with Alligator mutagen
4 with Squid mutagen THEN Goo-Girl mutagen. - because our romantic couple needs surrogate children

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: November 21, 2013, 08:43:03 pm »

-1 to succubus mutagen on kids.  That's just below standards.

No Birds?

30 kids.  Most should be with land animals.  For comparative purposes kids should be in pairs or larger groups.
There should be some with sea animals, and some with avians, for variety.
Sea animals..

2x Giant Catfish
2x Squid Mutagen
2x Merpeople
2x Alligator -> Whale.

Land Creatures.

2x Anaconda
2x Alligator -> Rhinocerous
2x Lion
2x Lion -> Elephant
2x Nighthowl
2x Lion -> Nighthowl

Some for sneaky missions..

2x Goo -> Coral Snake
2x Goo
2x Squirrel

That leaves 4.

2x Liondor
2x Crow

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: November 21, 2013, 08:49:26 pm »

-1 to succubus mutagen on kids.  That's just below standards.

No Birds?

30 kids.  Most should be with land animals.  For comparative purposes kids should be in pairs or larger groups.
There should be some with sea animals, and some with avians, for variety.
Sea animals..

2x Giant Catfish
2x Squid Mutagen
2x Merpeople
2x Alligator -> Whale.

Land Creatures.

2x Anaconda
2x Alligator -> Rhinocerous
2x Lion
2x Lion -> Elephant
2x Nighthowl
2x Lion -> Nighthowl

Some for sneaky missions..

2x Goo -> Coral Snake
2x Goo
2x Squirrel

That leaves 4.

2x Liondor
2x Crow

Not really +1, but sounds very solid. We should use more birds. But squirrels?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 08:54:24 pm by Knit tie »

Cattani

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: November 21, 2013, 08:57:54 pm »

I don't like the idea of double mutatations. Should go easy on those. I would suggest something more like:

<changing Naryar's last list:>

2 with the same dual-mutagen procedure we used for Gorloceros, NOT Gorloceros mutagen.
2 with Gorloceros mutagen.
1 with Yellow King Psysquid mutagen.
2 females with Goo-Girl mutagen.  <--CAN team-up with SplinterCog for stealth missions
1 female with Succubus mutagen <--Research
1 with Mauve mutagen <-- Research, possible elemental/demonic powered kid
2 with Knighthowl mutagen.
1 with dolphin mutagen <--To try what Nihilism Psysquid said
1 for cognification, THEN dolphin mutagen
2 with merfolk mutagen
2 with Crab mutagen
1 with Psysquid mutagen THEN Chemista mutagen
1 with Chemista mutagen THEN Psysquid mutagen
1 with shark mutagen <can be further upgraded afterwards>
2 with barracudas
if we have access to arachnids:
     2 with spiders, 1 with scorpion, 1 with seagull
if we dont:
     2 with seagull, 2 with penguins
4 for regular cognification

ALSO, remember 30 mutations are A LOT. Everyone be advised another dark advisor MAY HAPPEN in this experiment, since there are so many kids.
I am ok with any list actually, I just posted this one since someone asked for aditional opinions. But I like the barracudas.
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 213