Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 259414 times)

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #2055 on: November 21, 2013, 11:19:47 am »

Assault Cogs Built.
You now have Three Assault Cogs

You head over to the fan. Breaking him won't be that difficult...and it isn't.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

He starts crying after you tell him that 'Belieber' is actually a giant dog smoking crack whose whines are turned into disgusting hip-hop. And the Peta knows but can't act because discography industries still hold the power of Laser Discs.
He breaks after you tell him that all that is good in the world will eventually die to leave the place to Goldfish-Themed songs about Fridays and Wrecking Balls.
It is sort of...
empowering. You broke his mind.
You shattered his will to be anything more than a body breathing and moving.
Now, you can chain him to the altar.

Fan has become Utterly Broken Fan!

The SAD system looks at you.
You look at the SAD system.
The Goldfish looks at you.
You look at the Goldfish.
The Goldfish licks his eyes with a very long tongue that snakes out of his mouth.
No. Apparently you can't sacrifice the Goldfish to the Sad System.
Not that you actually tried, but the random thought was intercepted before it could be made reality.

You change the channel, much to the children's whine.
"And the history of the dinosaurs, those kind and cute animals of love and scale, ends with the evil Dinolord 'Frozen Tooth' destroying everything. Because evil overlords never win and if they do, they bring forth dark and cold ages. Very cold! So children..."
you change the channel again.
There are kids using baseball bats against pinatas with your appearance, while flashing red letters appear below screen.
"TODAY ONLY SALE ON EVIL BASTARD PINATAS! BUY ONE! SMASH THE BALLS OF THE ENEMY OVERLORD! ACQUIRE CANDY INSIDE! KILLING EVIL IS GOOD! ONLY TODAY! ONLY FIVE DOLLARS!"
You change the channel.
"And..." there an old woman sniffling with a handkerchief, "And he was horrible!" she cries, "He...He made me dance, and I'm ninety-three!"
Gamington sheepishly coughs.
You change the channel again.
"What is 'evil' anyway?" A psychologist says to the camera. "Evil is merely being inferior. Evil people are people who cannot be good. They are refuses of society. They have daddy or mommy issues, and are in dire need of correction in the Asylum. Evil is bad. Evil is not good. Children, remember that..."
You turn off the tv in the end.
Right, the 'Good Guys' upped the entire situation quite a notch, especially with Cheerie stirring the damn hornet nest.

The kids look at you baffled. Cerulean is awkwardly fidgeting with her Goo-like fingers -which sort of 'stick together' when she does that. "Sowwy daddy."
She even makes the doe eyes.
"Uhm..." you give a look at the snail crew.
The snail crew understands and...
starts moving.
Maybe in four hour, you'll have a decent show to loop for the children in the lair.
You really should have thought of the children spending free time watching tv.
"Well!" you exclaim. "It's time!" you look at the children.
What is your final decision on those thirty hungry mouths that take away the food -not really, but let's finish this before moving on!

Vote ONE

1)Apprentice in 'bulk' to the various Dark-Advisors and Dark-Sidekicks.
2)Use them as lab rats for mutations.
3)Experiment what the human body can survive in a COG-to-KID scale.
4)Let them go back to the Propagandatis-Infested Society which will turn them in child soldiers before you can blink.
5)Let them be kids. That will be noble-hearted...but will not yield anything except headaches and stupid drawing from... "Oh," you say kindly accepting the drawing of a young six years old girl of you wearing a cape. "Thank you, this is very beautiful," you nod.
Bashfully, the young girl returns in the middle of her peers.

The picture shows you getting eaten by a Superhero and busting out from your guts candies.

6) Kill them all and be done with it.

Chemista looks at you when you mention the 'Friendly Goldfish'.
"I do not have time for this, your evilness," she says dryly. "I am busy preparing a special remedy for nerves. I am awfully stressed recently, what with imbeciles all around me getting in very dangerous situations."

There are two glasses though. Not one.

You are Still in Downkeep
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: November 21, 2013, 11:29:12 am »

I still think we should go Goo+Blood for SAD. Also 2) with consent and 5) in an evil environment

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: November 21, 2013, 11:29:19 am »

Option 2, truly, this is a "monsters only" organization, and honestly, I doubt this kids have enough understanding of the issue to even give consent or anything. Also, brainwashing.

Option 1 will weight down our advisors and all that, while option 5 will have them hang around, waiting to be caught in collateral damage when HEROES attack. (Same for option 1 really). Additionally, "mutants/monsters" only is one of the few standards we kept through the game.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 11:34:43 am by 10ebbor10 »

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: November 21, 2013, 11:32:20 am »

Give them the choice of options 1 and 5.

Cattani

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: November 21, 2013, 11:34:52 am »

Divide into 3 groups: a small one for apprentices and the rest either mutate/cognify.

Throw some booze at the Broken Fan, then sacrifice him. He's a fan of anime magical girls, so steretypically he must be a beardy fat guy with acne, so we have *some* chance of getting something dwarfy. Could add a pick to the recipe.

Put on a mafia-boss face and tell Splintercog to "deal with the girl who made this drawing". He will know what to do.

Edit: Also get around those glasses and smell. Does it smell like alcohol? Is she giving Psysquid a little "welcome back" party?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 11:40:12 am by Cattani »

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: November 21, 2013, 11:45:56 am »

Probably both for her, voting 1 but with 2 for the willing/unwilling, any that don't accept will break down and becomes 2s or 1s in due time.

Edit:Just what the guy above me said actually, cept lets use the fan for what we know will work Dark knight maybe? Psysquid is broken right now btw, not that I would support using him.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 11:50:51 am by Cain12 »

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: November 21, 2013, 12:19:40 pm »

Can you blow up because of excessive tsundere ? Because Chemista's going to asap.

Give them the choice of options 1 and 2.

If we can choose only one, then 2.

Also, ask Chemista why are there two glasses, and try to get Psysquid closer to her *nudge nudge* *wink wink*

Edit: As long as there are no proper emissions, remove TV access to the children as well. Don't want bad propaganda to reach their brains.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 12:38:16 pm by Naryar »

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: November 21, 2013, 01:03:15 pm »

Right.

Sacrifice the utterly broken fan,a magical crystal, a chainsword AND a stupidly huge handgun. If you gotta go dark knight you might as well go grimdark, and in the grim darkness of the far future everybody has a gun for dakkin' and a sword for choppin'.

Tell the children, firmly but politely, that they have to become transhumans through mutations (or cogification, but that may actually fail). Give them the choice of what animal they want to be mutated with, though. Then apprentice then to our dark advisors and sidekicks. Remember, education is good

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: November 21, 2013, 01:08:08 pm »

Veto all sacrificing that uses more than 3, yes 3, different items. Really guys, every single time we add to much items, and every single time it fails spectacularly.
We should've learned that after the first time. Or really, after the GM told us multiple times.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: November 21, 2013, 01:17:19 pm »

I'm going to (literally) throw a bone for the SAD system.
You want something Unnatural (Magical, Spiritual, etcetera) use something Unnatural (Magic Crystals+ Corpse, Undead. Magic Crystal+ X generally something magical)
You want something Steam-punky, use something metallic with things tied to steam and cogs. (Metallic Chimera, etcetera)
You want something 'Dark' and 'Grim'. Torture Equipment+Alive, with Hopes Crushed.
The correct way to go at it to create a Dark Knight would be...
Guy X. Tortured in Captivity until Spirit Shatters. With the -8 from the Utterly Broken, he practically fails the escaping altar roll. After that, add in the Torture Equipment or another Object equally Dark (Necronomicon, Black candles...) and you have a Dark Minion. (Basic Unit, really. The 'Ghoul' definition of D&D has them being dead guys who hate all the living because they're dead) For the Knight, you need a Sword or if you want a Guard you need a Shield (The Dark Knight is a figure that enjoys cruelty and slaughter, not one that protects...that's Batman, and we're talking about a Dark Knight here.) The 'Sword' can be replaced with anything that is 'offensive' related. Gun. (Dark Marksman) Cannon (Dark Cannon-man) etcetera.
You want a more powerful Dark Knight, you give him magic.
So it's Guy X, Utterly Broken, with a Sword and Magic Crystals.
The Good Guys 'Paladins' are Guy Y, Filled with Hope, with a Sword and Magic Crystals.
There. No need to add a cape.
You want to give them a cape, give it to them after you created them.
Simple, isn't it?

I am just suggesting that we give him some ranged firepower as well.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: November 21, 2013, 01:25:07 pm »

I vote we give him a shield and that kid's drawing (either something smart or something positive).

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: November 21, 2013, 01:28:19 pm »

A drawing of us being disembowled and bleeding candy?

Anyway, give our children some good reading. I would recommend "Brave new World".

I am fine with us giving our knight any weapon/item as long as we also sacrifice a magic crystal.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: November 21, 2013, 01:31:02 pm »

Veto all sacrificing that uses more than 3, yes 3, different items. Really guys, every single time we add to much items, and every single time it fails spectacularly.
We should've learned that after the first time. Or really, after the GM told us multiple times.
I will repeat this to make my point.

If you want the knight to have some ranged capacity as well as a chainsword, give one of those to him after the summoning.

Also, why would we ever want to throw in the drawing. The SAD system responds badly to a throw-it-in mentality.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: November 21, 2013, 01:33:43 pm »

Sacrifice the broken fan, a  black sword and a magic crystal.

Nothing more.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: November 21, 2013, 01:34:20 pm »

Fine, fan, sword and a crystal it is.

I would also like to mention that I have always held faith in you, Shadeninght, even when all seemed lost. Your game is so unspeakaply good that I will never let it go until we reach the end. And I also say that we should put it into the hall of fame. Who is with me?
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 213