Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 259559 times)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #2025 on: November 20, 2013, 08:43:49 pm »

Nice wall of text, but we dont know if it is our psysquid or not. And I think that he is, considering how the GM said that he has "small talon like appendages", that probably got from yellow king dimension. Our Psysquid probably went through the same dimension we contacted.

Good point.  If that's the case, and if this idea is used, when it reaches this point -

And listen closely.  If he suddenly feels - or if we suddenly feel, the 'feel' of "Our Psisquid"... that probably means that ours is already dead.  Pull that feeling in, make it one with this one, and make them together whole, together one, with the feel of our Psisquid dominant and truest, the other also there and welcome.

Lets add to that 'or is already before us'.  Though that does say interesting things about Psisquid being closer to having been round robinned than simply swapped.  And perhaps emphasize not 'also there and welcome' but 'also there but dominated, by both Ourself and Psisquid'.

Imp you actually lost me there. I did not understand how we would reach into his mind like you're suggesting? Our psychic was Psysquid, we're currently toolless mentally-speaking.

It's basic domination.  Not so different from hypnosis, and draws heavily on the fact that we have huge control powers, period - and he actually does have a lot of mental power (the better the subject, the more you can do with them/make them do to themselves).  If it is our Psisquid, he's already very inclined to 'relax into our control', and if it is our Psisquid.... he'd probably love to.  Probably be quite healing for him.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: November 20, 2013, 10:18:13 pm »

Well we can safely assume it Yellow King, not proper reason to assume otherwise, glad you came back Imp, leaving it to us lot would make us waste this or screw it up, more so than it already has.

We gave our guy to Yellow then Yellow to Nih then Nih back to Nih, logically we get Yellow if the others didn't swap while we were busy with that idiot.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: November 21, 2013, 01:23:58 am »

Well we can safely assume it Yellow King, not proper reason to assume otherwise, glad you came back Imp, leaving it to us lot would make us waste this or screw it up, more so than it already has.

We gave our guy to Yellow then Yellow to Nih then Nih back to Nih, logically we get Yellow if the others didn't swap while we were busy with that idiot.

Gosh, I wouldn't abandon you guys.  Or my avatar if I had any choice.   I do have to sleep/work/the rest of life too though ;p.  You guys didn't mess anything up - my last post before going to bed was quite supportive of the experimentation to come.  I'm glad you lot are patient with my ideas and share your own - me alone messes stuff up a lot too!

But what Tomcost was saying was actually really smart - I had assumed we now have the Psysquid from Yellow King symbol place.  Sounds like Cain12 thinks that's also what we probably have.

But what Tomcost was saying was 'wait, look at him and listen to him'.  Does what we see and hear from him sound and look more like a changed Yellow King, or more like a changed -our Psysquid-?

"Does it matter what *I* like, your evilness?" Psysquid deadpans. "I live to serve, I thrive in obeisance. I will not betray."
He actually 'drones' the last part out.

It takes you a few minutes to explain the situation -with Psysquid remaining completely unfazed. Something tells you he wouldn't react even to Cerulean's tackle-hugs.

So, I really think Tomcost is probably right.  This is a personality I don't see begging for mercy.  I don't think there's a God to beg for in Yellow King's place, or that he being the devourer he is, born and raised in that place's Overlord's breeding pits and selected for mutation when it was time - where would he learn about God?  Why would Yellow King think begging could possibly help?  Yellow King's never seen kindness, I don't think.  Never tasted mercy.  He wouldn't ask for it.

But our Psisquid was born Bob.  Knew the boredom of work, knew the banality of life, was probably raised to at least know about Christianity.

Tomcost's gotta be right.  Welcome back, poor battered Psisquid.  (unless he's not, but I'm pretty much convinced)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: November 21, 2013, 01:28:42 am »

Fair enough, no harm in testing who he is.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2029 on: November 21, 2013, 03:01:51 am »

"I...I am..." he licks his lips, closing his eyes firmly. "I don't...I don't know anymore," he whispers. "I'm Psysquid, yes...but...which one? I don't...it's not...I was stuck, in the crossroads. You called others, and they passed through me. I am...I don't know...Maybe a bit of both? Maybe all and none? Aren't we all nothing more than white clay, to be molded into shape and form by things beyond our control?"
He giggles like a raving lunatic -something your floating goldfish seems to find endearing- before shaking his head.
"I was a white canvas, now I'm no longer one. They passed, with their colours, their ideas, their thoughts and splatters of evil and good and not and...And I can't...I can't say who I am...but please, please don't send me back your evilness. I will love whoever you wish and do whatever you want, but don't send me back!"
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: November 21, 2013, 03:12:28 am »

Ah so its more like he is channeling them, well guess it could be worse, keep him for now, wish we could check out sleeper but who knows how he may turn out.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: November 21, 2013, 03:52:18 am »

Yeah.  I'm fine with keeping this one.  Hope we're not leaving a larger piece of him out there to scream forever in the dark.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: November 21, 2013, 04:19:10 am »

Promise to never send him back.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: November 21, 2013, 04:49:57 am »

Yay, it's back and WHAT THE FUCK HAVE WE DONE?!!!

EDIT: Now look at what you've done! Psysquid's mind now carries the imprint of those two assholes. He is not only suffering from extreme PTSD, he is now also sadistic and and nihilistic! Perhaps we should've summoned the other 'squids to see if they were any better and could counterbalance the negative influence of the first two mind-rapists. Then again, our universe is the best of all...

Pity. I would have liked having a Pyrosquid burninator around.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 05:45:58 am by Knit tie »

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: November 21, 2013, 06:15:27 am »

Apologies for double post.

Anyway, seeing how we have a bunch of possible upgrades and a significant portion of our forces either dead or traumatized, I vote we should spend the next two or three turns making upgrades so that the situation with Mauve won't happen again. Also, we have a fan, which we can turn into a magical paladin of actually-good-evil.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2035 on: November 21, 2013, 06:51:12 am »

You promise Psysquid you will never send him back.
He does appear grateful, and as the submarine docks back, there's Chemista hanging by the door with her arms crossed over her chest. Watching.
Psysquid emerges and quietly wobbles his way towards his chambers -he's probably going to sleep for a while anyway.
Chemista looks at you.
"Your evilness, is he the one I can barely stand?"
"Yes," you nod, "But he'll need some time to rest."
"Understood," she slinks away without another word.
The goldfish circling around your head blobs out 'Tsun'. Then he waits a beat of drums, and finally says 'Dere'.

"And this is the day I rule the world! Mwuahmwuahmwuah!" you hear from the living room. Apparently, there's a film night going on. Everyone is looking -which means the children- at a movie.
The evil and cloaked individual is flailing around in mid-air like some sort of demented bat, throwing balls of fire at everything and everyone around.
Then the top-models and the macho-men of the Hero side arrive, ready to save the day.
You carefully slink towards the remote.
If you wish, you can change the channel for the thirty kids, Cerulean, Gamington, and so on... (since they are all watching it, except Psysquid)

Or you can just tell your overly friendly Goldfish what you intend to build of 'Cogs' since you still have 'Half-capacity' to build for the day.
And what you intend to sacrifice -if anything- for the SAD system.
Before the day ends.
You'll speak of Upgrades with the Goldfish tomorrow.
And, of course, which between: Breaking Nullifier and No Recharge do you take as upgrade for Psysquid?
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: November 21, 2013, 06:53:08 am »

Let's sacrifice a classy hat in the SAD system. Just for the hell of it.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: November 21, 2013, 06:54:41 am »

I say the same thing. Upgrade for now.

And I think that he is the original Psysquid, but with a terrible trauma.

>Change the channel
>Build assault cogs.
>Summon another succubus (we need more test subjects)
>Begin breaking the fan so that we can sacrifice him into a black knight.

Cattani

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: November 21, 2013, 07:05:12 am »

Our number are all really really low. But we have 4 Guardogs, so basically no one to soak up damage. Assault cogs would be shred to pieces without Guardogs.

Build Guardogs, upgrade in the morning.

Also why is Mauve listed as "upgradeable" in the wiki? Does it means cognification?

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: November 21, 2013, 07:09:19 am »

Probably. Anyway, we should skip the next mission or two; got to fortify our position.
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 213