Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 259839 times)

Cattani

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #1935 on: November 20, 2013, 07:58:52 am »

OK, I'm thinking:
-Maybe there's 5 Psysquids. To prevent bugs in the system, I mean. Because nothing good can occur if a Psysquid hit his own button. So in each reality there's 4 buttons but not the one addressing the Psysquid native to that reality. So our Psysquid is not Yellow King nor Nihilism nor Conflagrate nor Sleeper, he would be something else.

-Yellow King Psysquid said he was in the temple the moment the change happened. So it must be required that both Psysquids are on the temple pressing each other's buttons (Yellow king pressed Regular Psysquid button, who presses Yellow King. Then they swap). If that's the case we may be stuck with Yellow King, since we have no control over when our regular Psysquid will show up in the temple, nor which button he will press. That's, of course, assuming every reality is just as important as every other, because if there was a higher-priority reality the Psysquid on that reality would be able to "force" changing with others Psysquids without them needing to press his button. Also with a higher-priority reality the Psysquid on that reality may be able to swap with everyone even if they're outside of the temple, meaning that Less-priority-reality-Psysquid could be on a mission when high-priority-reality-Psysquid activates his button, and they would swap mid-mission. That would make things very, very complicated to keep track of.

-That is all assuming two things: Each reality has access to every other reality (else, in OUR temple there could be four buttons, representing our four "neighboring" realities but there could be like 50 or so realities that we can't access from our own; and that the buttons refers to REALITIES and not to PSYSQUIDS, because if Yellow King Reality had Yellow King in it, after the swap Yellow King Reality would have Regular Psysquid in it, so it would become Regular Psysquid Reality and our reality would become Yellow King Reality, since Yellow King is now here and not there.

If we're assuming correctly, the what we need to have Our Psysquid back would be to have him, on the reality he is now, on the temple pressing his own button WHILE Yellow King is in our own reality's temple, pressing his own button. Then they would swap.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 08:01:51 am by Cattani »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: November 20, 2013, 08:02:40 am »

Well that's not going to work. Maybe we can rip open the veil of time and space and stage a rescue mission?

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: November 20, 2013, 08:03:39 am »

"Can we get the old one back?" Chemista asks, "This one unnerves me."

"Can't we keep him? I mean, I'm sure the Original one was funny and all...but this one seems way more useful!"

so tsundere

Also, we're not exchanging our main comic relief for an emotionless killing machine.

Maybe we CAN cross him with Yellow King Psysquid mutagen or something...
I'd rather not. I don't want to have anything to do with that dimension. Anything.

Sometimes I don't feel like I am on BAY12 of all forums.

What ? I saw just this dimension's overlord as a proper geneticist, not as an insanely evil madman. Although not too fond of the torturing minions stuff.

Besides, we can very much keep the good and remove the bad of this dimension.

Anyways, Shadenight wouldn't tempt us with bonuses if we had a way of obtaining it without compromising our standards.

Also, alternate realities in a story ends generally in mindfucks worse than Evangelion.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: November 20, 2013, 08:06:39 am »

-snip-
And as we don't like the yellow king and our sadistic self won't like the funny Psysquid, we will both try to change them.

"Can't we keep him? I mean, I'm sure the Original one was funny and all...but this one seems way more useful!"

so tsundere

Also, we're not exchanging our main comic relief for an emotionless killing machine.

I'd rather not. I don't want to have anything to do with that dimension. Anything.

What ? I saw just this dimension's overlord as a proper geneticist, not as an insanely evil madman. Although not too fond of the torturing minions stuff.

Anyways, Shadenight wouldn't tempt us with bonuses if we had a way of obtaining it without compromising our standards.

Also, alternate realities in a story ends generally in mindfucks worse than Evangelion.

I'm sticking to our sandards. If we had went "fuck ethics" from the beginning I would have accepted. But this is not the case.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: November 20, 2013, 08:07:30 am »

so tsundere

It's just that this guy seems to be the antithesis of our more or less 'well intentioned extremist' schtick. He just sounds plain evil.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1940 on: November 20, 2013, 08:28:36 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: November 20, 2013, 08:32:40 am »

Ah, so it's random! If we just keep swapping we'll get our good old Psysquid back!

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: November 20, 2013, 08:33:48 am »

Oh, I fully intend to get each type of psysquid in there.

Also wondering if we get some kind of über-psysquid if we press all four buttons at once ? Or will it go very wrong Fun ?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: November 20, 2013, 08:45:41 am »

Well that's not going to work. Maybe we can rip open the veil of time and space and stage a rescue mission?
Our other self appears to be significantly more competent. I'm pretty certain, that should we attack, we will loose.

Edit: But yeah, we should try out all 4 different psysquid versions.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: November 20, 2013, 09:09:48 am »

*shudder*  My chosen avatar, adrift and lost upon the endless streaming of an infinite and infinitely uncaring void.

May that only be an illusion crafted by the hand of a master, a master who cares, for all that the illusion hides both that caring and the master.

Alright.  We gotta do the basics too.  Make cogs stuff.  Sacrifice something stuff.  I support upgrade stuff, though I'd like the training ground first.  Not destroy kids stuff... kinda feel like I promised somewhere along the line to support not destroying the kids. (i.e. not risking them with mutagen/cogs/whatever - until they want the risks/are less kid).

Now.  Yes, get Yellow King mutagen.

Give Yellow King permission to return to us should he find a way to without displacing our chosen Psisquid.  Tell him that's just our style, and he might be more comfortable here.

Send the Yellow King on his way.  The second place vote was for Conflagration.  Lets -prepare- for a face full of fire, both for ourselves and for many of our possibly at risk minions/portions of base, and request our alien Psysquid to attempt to select that choice.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1945 on: November 20, 2013, 09:18:58 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You have the submarine prepared, and with 'Bizzarro-Psysquid' you head back to the 'temple'.
You actually watch the four symbols.
They're all there.

Yellow King.
Nihilism.
Conflagration.
Sleeper.

Which do you have Psysquid push? Do you 'go next to him' when he pushes it?
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: November 20, 2013, 09:22:03 am »

Well, I'm pretty sure that Yellow King will swap us back to the old psysquid, but let's try out the others first, shall we.

Nihilism. Also, not standing next to anyone.

Cattani

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: November 20, 2013, 09:22:33 am »

Can we come along? Can we push the button ourselves?
The narrative focus could then shift to Chemista or Gamington while incognito drifts throught time and space!

I vote for Nihilism because I don't like fire. And I read The Call of Cthulhu, so i don't like Sleeper either.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: November 20, 2013, 09:32:15 am »

Based on natural tendencies I would push Conflagration, but... Nihilism for now.

We'll push Conflagration just after anyways. Or close enough.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 09:40:15 am by Naryar »

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: November 20, 2013, 09:40:08 am »

The hint is that we should check them all.

I am not convinced order matters.

I'm sleepy.

I'd vote Conflag but any of them's fine with me now.  Nighty night.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 213