Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 259814 times)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #1875 on: November 19, 2013, 08:23:35 am »

Blasphemer.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: November 19, 2013, 11:31:17 am »

Have to agree with ebbor, the bumps are just annoying after a while and aren't going to bring this back.
Still going to wait silently (til something worth discussing appears, the "artist" was a dead end btw, don't know why I would have thought otherwise) in hopes that Shade has been away/busy doing something that requires a break from this and forgot to tell us or something.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: November 19, 2013, 11:44:59 am »

Well, seeing the amount off work and effort that shadeknight has put into this, I very much doubt that he would abandon it on a whim. Health-reasons seem most likely - or something else entirely, what do we know.

The point is; some motivational bumps can be quite welcome, but with the health-backstory it is becoming more and more akin to a kid making a scene because it wants some candy...
Now don't get me wrong - I also do, as shades humorous way off writing is clearly one off the better things on this forum, but if he has to strain himself then we need to do without.

Basically; much respect and thanks to our GM, but only pick this back up when it is not an - overall - negative for you.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1878 on: November 19, 2013, 03:37:47 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: November 19, 2013, 03:58:54 pm »

So what if the volcano harbors Cthulu? Not like it will kill off our remaining Catfish or anything, right?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: November 19, 2013, 04:02:00 pm »

Aren't catfishes static, meaning that we can't send them along to begin with.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: November 19, 2013, 04:03:59 pm »

So happy.

Take the time you need to heal, Shadeknight.  If you think typing the updates is good exercise and not too much, go for it (in parts if that's best).

All we need to hear is confirmation from you that it's not dead, and while we'll be restless, I don't think any of us are going very far away  8)
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: November 19, 2013, 04:19:21 pm »

Also, as has been proven again, declaring something dead always helps.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1883 on: November 19, 2013, 04:37:19 pm »

Mission Chosen

Team Chosen

VOLCANO CARNAGE

The bubbling water from the tip of eerily looking red pool of lava floated upwards, steam covering the glass panels of the submarine.
Psysquid hummed thoughtfully, his eyes placed on a catalog of sexy lacy corsets and stuff. The pages were wrinkled -because of the humidity and the smudges of ink, of course- and as he flipped another page he looked sideways, to where Snowstar was doing his best in guiding the submarine.
"Sir? May I ask a question?"
"Go right ahead," he replied.
"Why aren't we just swimming outside? We're sea creatures, right?"
"Indeed, and?"
"Cogs don't need to breathe. The Elephantine wraith doesn't need to breathe either...right?"
The Wraith took that moment to make her voice known. "I remember when I did. I dislike remembering that I do not need to breathe now...but I never forget."
"Right," Psysquid rolls his eyes. "Now, let's see what the sea offers us on this fine day of bounty..."

The Behemoth catfishes stroll around the submarine.

"Oh Sebastian," a red haired mermaid exclaims, "I cannot believe father! The world above cannot be scary!" she thrusts her right hand upwards, towards the surface.
"Princess! Do not disobey your father's words!" Sebastian, a bright red half-human and half-crustacean creature, yells, "It's dangerous! No! STOP!"
The red-haired mermaid took a single powerful move with her tail, already smiling at the thought of seeing the world above...
And Charlie, the first Behemoth Catfish of the new clutch of eggs, chomped down on her upper half killing her on the spot.
Sebastian's eyes watched with wide and sheer terror at the scene. "PRINCEEESSSS."
Jackie, the second Behemoth Catfish, chomped down on the lower half as they waggled by.

"Well," Sebastian mutters. "The King has at least four other daughters...not like one more or less means anything."
Turning thoughtful, the hybrid wobbles away. "I'm not going to be the one to tell him the newsthough."

Eight powerful mermen rise wielding shining looking steel spears and javelins.
The power of science -and bullets- mixed with the power of the superior mind of the highly superior and extremely humble Psysquid however are far superior. -The repeated usage of Superior as an adjective to describe the high superiority and superior humbleness of the Superior Psysquid are of no meaning whatsoever.

Globs of still scorching hot lava rise from the surface of the volcano, forming long shackles that rip and rend their way through the enemy before it can even react. Furiously, the behemoth catfishes feast upon the charred remains of whatever defenses there were.
With a crash, the ground itself splits apart at the summit of the volcano. The underwater volcano appears to be erupting, releasing thick streams of scorching water that force a 'tactical' retreat. You do not know why the mermaid seemed keen on protecting that place, but as Psysquid...

From the ground, a voice lulls and calls. The temple opens at the base of the volcano, revealing marble columns and statues that hold no face...but far too many tentacles to count.
You are there, You, Psysquid, are there.

Dark Advisor - Psysquid Event.

You are no longer in the submarine. It must be some sort of psychic projection of sorts, because you feel light. You feel at ease in the place where even though there is water all around you, it isn't murky but crystal clear. You see as clearly as the day, your senses catching the subtle whispering of the waters around you as you admire the finely carved columns of marble and the well sculpted statues. You don't know why, but it feels right to be there. It feels fine to be there. It feels...that this is your place, your home, your reality.
One thing catches your attention in particular.
The entrance of the temple is a pair of thick metallic doors, held close by four symbols that stand right in the middle of the double set of doors. In a blink, you're in front of them, not really having moved but now being able to see the symbols more clearly than ever.
But to you, those are not symbols.
They are words.

Yellow King
Nihilism
Conflagration
Sleeper

You feel as if you could choose one of the following names.
Then again, you are reminded that great powers...
Have prices attached.
But you feel fine. You feel...nothing bad is going to happen to you in particular. You're Psysquid. Nothing can go wrong.

“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: November 19, 2013, 04:40:33 pm »

Conflagration. For evil.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: November 19, 2013, 04:46:56 pm »

Nihilism
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: November 19, 2013, 06:16:04 pm »

My reaction:
1)Wooooooo!
2) But, shadenight, you have to take care of yourself!

Anyway:
Lets analize the thing:

Yellow King: I don't know, when you think about the colour "yellow", what do you you think of?
Nihilism: definitely bad for Psysquid's morale, and his actions that depend on it.
Conflagration: lkely to have side-effects, !!FUN!! side effects.
Sleeper: like, sleeper agent's? this means that he will betray us?

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: November 19, 2013, 07:23:43 pm »

FUCK YEAH I FUCKING TOLD YOU FUCKING 10EBBOR10! YOU FILTHY BLASPHEMER YOU.

Anyway:
Lets analize the thing:

Yellow King: I don't know, when you think about the colour "yellow", what do you you think of?
Nihilism: definitely bad for Psysquid's morale, and his actions that depend on it.
Conflagration: lkely to have side-effects, !!FUN!! side effects.
Sleeper: like, sleeper agent's? this means that he will betray us?
Yellow King: Stay the fuck away. I can't remember exactly, but in the cthulhu mythos this is bad.
Nihilism: Eh, best not to risk it.
Conflagration: Psysquid is our underwater operative; better not.
Sleeper: Can't really see anything wrong with this... at worst he'll turn into Cthulhu. At best he'll... turn into Cthulhu.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: November 19, 2013, 07:30:49 pm »

Sleeper seems like it would have Long Term consequences though.
Conflagration all the way

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: November 19, 2013, 07:44:09 pm »

Omg I want in on this choice.  Remember I view Psisquid as avatar-like for me.  Need a tiny bit of time please please posting from work.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 213