Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 259901 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #1830 on: November 01, 2013, 04:08:11 pm »

If we are using the submarine, we might as well send our fully battle-ready catfishes to swim alongside it.
Veto until we have spare ones.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: November 01, 2013, 04:09:30 pm »

They have extra bonuses to underwater fighting and might secure us victory.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: November 01, 2013, 04:12:21 pm »

Wait, how much were the bonuses we were talking about? A +6 or something like that would be crushing overall, as the first to die would be the mooks, but, still, in case a hero comes, the catfishes would be in trouble.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: November 01, 2013, 04:12:30 pm »

It's a destruction mission.

Wuffles... not sure how much good they would do but sure, let's add them.

Edit: Yes, let's add the catfishes as well. It's a sea destruction mission, perfectly suited for them and should secure us victory.

It's a gamble, but I do believe we win far more by risking them.

So: Inside sub: Gamington- Snowstar- elephant wraith- figurehead- gorloceros- 1 assault cog - 4 guardogs. Outside sub: 2 catfishes, 2 wufflecogs.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 04:15:42 pm by Naryar »

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: November 01, 2013, 04:17:48 pm »

If we are using the submarine, we might as well send our fully battle-ready catfishes to swim alongside it.
Veto until we have spare ones.

Reason for veto, they breed.  Eventually.  We must not get to many, but we have only these two.  If we lose them we might never have more - and we have no other aquatic monsters that can breed as yet.

They are fully battle ready, but they are low on the 'battle chain', they would be among the first to die if there are losses in the battle (I believe they'd die next, after the cogs).

While I don't want to lose the next level of troops over them either, which are 'Gorloceros-Elephant Wraith-Figurehead' - I understand that none of those are directly reproductive.

The figurehead is actually 'easy' to replace if we want to, we summoned her with common materials.  Elephant wraith was also summoned, but not with easily recreated materials (we used a lot of our nearly destroyed forces and damaged base and a few other things, right?)

Gorloceros is a mutation, mutations are largely one-shot deals and easily tried for if we have a base to mutate... they'll all be different and some won't survive the change, but given an army to mutate we'll end up with most of an army of mutants.

If we want more behemoth fishes, patience is the way to get them.

That said, maybe we should look into a fishnet and get some normal fish for the purpose of being the 'base' to mutate with giant catfish mutagen.  Fish should be highly plentiful, many will survive, and some will surely be quite useful.  Those one-shot mutations can swell our underwater ranks greatly if we desired.

Edited to add, I tentatively can support sending the baby behemoths, though I don't want to.  Given plentiful fish in the sea (there's always more fish in the sea, right?) and huge reserves of giant catfish mutagen (essentially an infinite supply?... is it?... it sure is if we keep them alive but we might already have more than we could use in stock... do we?) we can maintain underwater forces even without our original force members... we started play with giant catfish (as well as Chemista and basic cogs).
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 04:21:31 pm by Imp »
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: November 01, 2013, 04:19:58 pm »

Wait, how much were the bonuses we were talking about? A +6 or something like that would be crushing overall, as the first to die would be the mooks, but, still, in case a hero comes, the catfishes would be in trouble.
Catfishes get +2 each for being big and +1 each for being aquatic. So yes, +6 overall.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: November 01, 2013, 04:22:42 pm »

Catfishes get +2 each for being big and +1 each for being aquatic. So yes, +6 overall.

Which should be enough to turn the battle in our favor, unless this is another trap by HEROES.

Take samples of behemoth catfish mutagen BEFORE sending them to battle, just to be sure.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: November 01, 2013, 04:22:57 pm »

Hmm, I can't decide. On the one hand, the catfishes would provide huge bonuses. On the other side, just losing one of tem means that we won't ever get more. Damn.

After seeing the bonuses, they have another +1 for "Thrill for Hunting". That makes a total +8 if we send both.

I-I can't decide.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: November 01, 2013, 04:31:33 pm »

That said, maybe we should look into a fishnet and get some normal fish for the purpose of being the 'base' to mutate with giant catfish mutagen.  Fish should be highly plentiful, many will survive, and some will surely be quite useful.  Those one-shot mutations can swell our underwater ranks greatly if we desired.

Take samples of behemoth catfish mutagen BEFORE sending them to battle, just to be sure.
+1
So that if our dear Mr. Wuffle II does not return, we can always pump little Nemo full of his genetic legacy.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: November 01, 2013, 04:33:10 pm »

Hmm, I can't decide. On the one hand, the catfishes would provide huge bonuses. On the other side, just losing one of tem means that we won't ever get more. Damn.

After seeing the bonuses, they have another +1 for "Thrill for Hunting". That makes a total +8 if we send both.

I-I can't decide.

+8?  Hot water, Overlord.  You've convinced me.  Send them with instructions to Psysquid and Snowstar that if they don't bring these babies back alive (for now), then we're sending them out 'bring it back alive' fishing for more, for however long it takes until we have at least two females and a male, all in breeding condition.  Suggest that if this seems too difficult for them or to be taking too long, mail and internet order pet stores exist; anacondas can be purchased and transformed into squidcondas to -closely- assist this search if desired, Psysquid.

Sidenote - on the days when Psysquid has his psychic ability, suggest that he try to use it to become aware of other useful and controllable sea (or land) monsters which might be a reasonable distance from our lair.  There may be other amazing creatures just waiting for us to think to look for them, in places where our enemies probably don't think to look yet either.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: November 01, 2013, 04:41:43 pm »

Oh, well, send the catfishes so that there is some sort of concensus. Luckily we are not risking much due to the sheer +8 they bring.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: November 01, 2013, 04:49:49 pm »

Sorry, guys, but I believe "Thrill of the Hunt" works only on missions which are specifically stated to be "kill/capture living being", not "destroy opposition in the area".

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: November 01, 2013, 04:52:09 pm »

I think that it is bassically a "+1 against living". Oh, well, I don't know then.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: November 01, 2013, 04:59:30 pm »

Oh, well, send the catfishes so that there is some sort of concensus. Luckily we are not risking much due to the sheer +8 they bring.

Yeah, that's my thinking too, they plus all the other forces make their going, plus all the other forces safer.  And instructions to the leader and sidekick might make their return to us even more likely if things go middle-bad (terrible bad we're still going to lose them, and I'll count it good to just get Psysquid, Snowstar, and the sub back).

But +8 on top of all the other bonuses is possibly worth the risk.  Very possibly.  I can view big win/big loss risk scenarios as being good choices - if the odds of success are so high that they hardly seem like risks.

Team, everyone playing this game - wanted to mention with how we interact with each other, this is very close to my dream of the best a game like this might possibly be.  There are SO MANY good ideas so many people bring up, so many ways those ideas get checked for flaws, improvements suggested, concerns considered, consensus built....  Wow, everyone.  This thread has been making my days in a lot of ways and I see great warm fuzzy feelings continuing into the future because of it.

If I were the Evil Overlord and you were in my hands, I wouldn't mutate any of you.  Each of you is perfect exactly as you are - that's even with my policy of 'everyone we touch should be changed somehow'.  8)

Sorry, guys, but I believe "Thrill of the Hunt" works only on missions which are specifically stated to be "kill/capture living being", not "destroy opposition in the area".

What about our something of a side goal, we want a merman, alive or dead, for mutagenic purposes, and possibly sacrificial purposes too?  Could we have that desire, give that instruction, and gain those bonuses for at least that portion of the mission where the hunt could be taking place over?

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: November 01, 2013, 05:04:44 pm »

I stil vote for sending them, even if we don't have the thrill for the hunt, because a +6 is still huge.
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 213