Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 259694 times)

Cattani

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #1785 on: October 31, 2013, 10:29:07 pm »

Can't we do the hardcore mission full-stealth mode? Assign Splintercog to it, and give him radio support from the zeppelin (so the tracker can't get to our base).
Also I was thinking the sound emitters where for radars.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: October 31, 2013, 10:33:10 pm »

Full stealth would be risky... We might lose Splintercog and if it failed then we would completely lose the element of surprise.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: October 31, 2013, 10:36:36 pm »

Don't overwhelm your mind Imp; we need it to think for us.

Fear not, I'm extremely interested in this game.  Just my available energy to fact hunt, verify, be highly factually logical, to concentrate for hours on end on the smallest details, between my work and my new love of the game Mafia, that sort of mental muscles are a wee bit strained atm.

What is untouched and otherwise languishing is my love for fantasy, my imagination, my sense of freedom and escape, and other related things.... all of which find refuge and expression here, lucky parts of me :).  I'm not going anywhere.... I'm just not at my best at the moment.

Okay looked at the last missions (and tried looking at all updates, just search carnage for most of them, dont trust the wiki enough) we have (I think):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Will add/remove as I look, so this is by far not complete, probably won't be, feel free to do so your self if unsatisfied with the results.
"?" marks are requests for confirmation/additional detail.
Edit: Glad to see you all go offline around the same time means, I get to sleep round 2:00-4:00.
Edit: While still incomplete/probably full of errors, I think we have enough for at least one mission, at a stretch maybe two.

I like the list.  I agree we have enough to empower 1 mission - especially if it is a destruction mission - some of those troops cannot be sent on control.

One other reason to maybe do the volcano mission - it's guarded by merfolk.  We could really use some troops who could do easier underwater stuff, and are more flexibly useful than giant catfish, much as we all love our whiskered friends.  Merman mutagen might be worth getting, dunno but it tempts me.

There's also that mysterious 'something else' to be acquired as well there. 

Major concern - what if we lose?

If we do, we've lost almost all of our troops of every sort.  Keep in mind, the story has a path (I think) and it's doing what it does - it may not be based on 'what we're ready for'.  We could face attacks or other major problems when our forces have been almost eradicated.  Granted, that just means that -we- handle the problem directly ourselves sooner, and maybe that's a good answer anyway.

Final thought on this - Gamington is so nicely defensive.  I want him if we do go on 1 mission.  Dancing away the pain and all, plus the volcano mission is destruction, allowing all of his bonuses the most impact, I believe.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: October 31, 2013, 10:51:56 pm »

I like the list.  I agree we have enough to empower 1 mission - especially if it is a destruction mission - some of those troops cannot be sent on control.

One other reason to maybe do the volcano mission - it's guarded by merfolk.  We could really use some troops who could do easier underwater stuff, and are more flexibly useful than giant catfish, much as we all love our whiskered friends.  Merman mutagen might be worth getting, dunno but it tempts me.

There's also that mysterious 'something else' to be acquired as well there. 

Major concern - what if we lose?

If we do, we've lost almost all of our troops of every sort.  Keep in mind, the story has a path (I think) and it's doing what it does - it may not be based on 'what we're ready for'.  We could face attacks or other major problems when our forces have been almost eradicated.  Granted, that just means that -we- handle the problem directly ourselves sooner, and maybe that's a good answer anyway.

Final thought on this - Gamington is so nicely defensive.  I want him if we do go on 1 mission.  Dancing away the pain and all, plus the volcano mission is destruction, allowing all of his bonuses the most impact, I believe.
So how does: Mission 1 (or 3, not feeling picky): Gamington, Snowkid (Can probably swim, plus ice powers, IIRC) or Game's woman , 1 Machinegun Cog, 4 Standard Cogs, 2 Wuffle Cogs (If we have them), and maybe the Luxury Succubus/Elephantine Wraith?

Mainly Cogs because they can be mostly replaced in a turn or two, least the standards.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 10:55:30 pm by Cain12 »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: November 01, 2013, 06:00:37 am »

We still have a problem: we don't know the exact amount of troops we have. We can't really decide if we don't.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: November 01, 2013, 07:28:02 am »

We still have a problem: we don't know the exact amount of troops we have. We can't really decide if we don't.

Actually I really like Cain12's list.  I got some sleep and checked the list against what we sent on our last mission and what died on that mission.  Cain's list is quite accurate.  Reposting it here with a few question marks removed, notes added why (and yes, this list is just my best estimate of our forces, it definitely could still have some errors, even in my corrections):

That poem about/from Splintercog was posted over a month ago, but it's got a lot of information that might be about Splinter, so I'm reposting it in the spoiler in case anyone wants to refresh their memory.  Because of what this poem says about him not being sent on missions, I would -really- like to keep this cog at base until he has been upgraded to at least a sidekick.  I suspect we will over time choose that path for him, or a higher one, and I'd like to keep that option open.
Spoiler: Splinter Cog (click to show/hide)

I was reminded too about Gamerlords reaction to Splintercog -

BEFORE WE GO ON THAT MISSION, FIND THAT DAMN COG THAT NICKED CERULEANS WAND THINGY FOR US. HE. WAS. FUCKING. AWESOME.
+1
+1

Lets keep Splinter alive if we can.  We loved that critter, we just don't really remember yet why we did/do still.  If several missions pass and the fire's still gone from our hearts for him, then we can consider changing how we use him - but I bet he's going to prove convincing and fascinating.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1791 on: November 01, 2013, 07:33:01 am »

Those in favor of Upgrading do write Upgrade
Those in favor of doing mission do write Mission
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: November 01, 2013, 07:36:01 am »

Upgrade.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: November 01, 2013, 07:37:11 am »

I really like that volcano.

Mission Volcano.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 08:43:46 am by 10ebbor10 »

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: November 01, 2013, 07:39:01 am »

I really like that volcano.
Or the ultimate weapon. Either, really.

Mission.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: November 01, 2013, 07:45:03 am »

Spoiler: Some calculations (click to show/hide)

Mission.

Vocano.

And get some merfolk mutagen, or enslave them. We might need some underwater troops eventually.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: November 01, 2013, 07:55:31 am »

We could try to go for the dangerous mission, if we go ourselves and take extra sidekicks.

Seems like a bad idea though.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: November 01, 2013, 07:57:47 am »

With all the annihilatyness going on, let's play it safe.

Mission. Maybe even the weapon one.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 08:00:33 am by Knit tie »

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: November 01, 2013, 08:43:21 am »

Err... But.... And....

Argh.

Mission.  Volcano.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: November 01, 2013, 08:44:03 am »

Yup, but after that we really should start upgrading stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 213