Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 259157 times)

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #1695 on: October 30, 2013, 09:43:46 pm »

Okay, I'm casting my vote.
+1 to sacrifice:
 Tears, robes, reminder of Lionel, small amount of our own blood.

+1

Poor Shadenight, he will have an aneyrism trying to figure out who wants to sacrifice what.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: October 30, 2013, 09:45:07 pm »

+1 to sacrifice:

+1

Poor Shadenight, he will have an aneyrism trying to figure out who wants to sacrifice what.
+1

Also, I have found a potential way to annoy Cattani:

Satan be with you.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: October 30, 2013, 09:47:31 pm »

+1 to sacrifice:

+1

+1
+1, Sure you win me over, might as well make it easy as we can for him.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: October 30, 2013, 09:50:46 pm »

+1 to sacrifice:

+1

+1
+1, Sure you win me over, might as well make it easy as we can for him.

+1 happy to have a consensus, and glad to help make this easy to read.  Woohoo to Shadeknight and the interesting discussion his request for distinct majority has wrought!
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: October 30, 2013, 09:52:12 pm »

Wait a second, can we make that a mixture of blood from our entire 'family'? Sure our blood carries control, but loyalty is VERY important. If we don't instil it it will come back to bite us later.

Cattani

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: October 30, 2013, 09:57:34 pm »

Satan be with you.

Not really. I'm not an extremist regarding religion. I just think you should be careful when dealing with other's peoples beliefs, since not everyone take these matters lightly.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: October 30, 2013, 10:06:56 pm »

Wait a second, can we make that a mixture of blood from our entire 'family'? Sure our blood carries control, but loyalty is VERY important. If we don't instil it it will come back to bite us later.

I'm willing - but I believe Lionel is an extremely potent symbol of 'controlable' and also of 'loyalty'.

The whole thing has tones of loyalty without needing blood from everyone - the girl's tears over her lost pet, the lost pet, trophy taken from killer of the lost pet.  Separately, Lionel was also loyal.  That's double support without adding in any additional meanings.

The more meanings we add, the more scattered our summoned thing is likely to be - I believe (and could be mistaken) that adding in a tiny amount of our blood would help, but adding in a larger amount of our blood would hurt (effectively diluting the result.  The blood's for flavor and feel, to include and connect us (for control purpose throughout) but not for substance - the other three parts of the sacrifice are the substance).  Because loyalty is so well covered by the major components of sacrifice and by the being which was Lionel, I feel loyalty is covered enough without risk of further dilution.

However, I will stay with the majority, if most of us want to use a collection of blood.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: October 30, 2013, 10:08:09 pm »

Satan be with you.

Not really. I'm not an extremist regarding religion. I just think you should be careful when dealing with other's peoples beliefs, since not everyone take these matters lightly.
DAMNIT. You stuck 'God be with you.' on the bottom of your PMs! I was hoping you'd react the same way a Jehovah's Witness friend of mine did when I tried to get him to accept the good word of Satan.

Cattani

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: October 30, 2013, 10:10:41 pm »

Satan be with you.

DAMNIT. You stuck 'God be with you.' on the bottom of your PMs! I was hoping you'd react the same way a Jehovah's Witness friend of mine did when I tried to get him to accept the good word of Satan.
;)
Sorry to burst your bubble bro. I can fake annoyance at it, but i'm a crappy actor.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: October 30, 2013, 10:11:20 pm »

Satan be with you.

Heh, I was really, really wondering where the heck Gamerlord got the idea that Cattani would be annoyed (or not) by that one liner.  I searched the recent posts in the thread twice to try and figure that out but failed!   :P

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: October 30, 2013, 10:13:31 pm »

Satan be with you.

;)
Sorry to burst your bubble bro. I can fake annoyance at it, but i'm a crappy actor.
WELL SHIT. Looks like I'll need to find another way...

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: October 31, 2013, 12:34:18 am »

Simplicity is key, you now. I mean, what are you trying to bring back? If it's Liondor, then the robes don't belong there. If it's Mauve, then ashes(as no more is left of it) should not be there. After all, remember the blob's and all those weird things that happened when we tried the 4 items+ summonings.

If we want a clear, sacrifice, and not some random thing, we should try to limit ourselves to 2,3 things max. After all, we only have 1 shot at this.

((My vote being Robe, tears, and if needed to get a majority, crystals.))

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1707 on: October 31, 2013, 01:31:32 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You carefully instruct Cerulean on how to do the sacrifice, letting her help you as you place the required ingredient. You then hum thoughtfully. How are you going to go about with the summoning? Of course, if it's something both of you are doing, then you both need to chant something.
You scribble down something and pass it to Cerulean, who nods.

"From the pits of hell
and the darkness that swells,
I summon thee forth!"
"From...the things I have read,
and the loyal guts of the dead,
I summon thee forth!" Cerulean continues,
You give her a thumb-up and an appraising nod.
"From the crimson blood, made shackle,
I summon you forth, with a cackle!" you cackle.
"From the remains of your defeat," Cerulean reads carefully, "I summon you forth...dancing a beat?"
Cerulean blinks.
"Don't diss the rhymes, I make them all the time!" Incognito raps back.
The altar brightly shines.
An explosion echoes, the sound of screams and laments soon deafens your ears as crimson flames erupt. Then the flames disappear and Mauve stands...
Well, she stands as tall as a plushie, meaning she reaches your knee. She has small leathery wings on her back and a devil-like tail. Her eyes and her hair are both a dark crimson color, and merely thin straps cover her indecencies.

"I bind you, in the name of all the plushies in the world!"
"WH-"
The next moment, Mauve gurgles from her spot and grips at her neck, where a thin choker has now appeared.
She's bound.
"Y-Yes, master?"

You have summoned an Imp!

“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: October 31, 2013, 03:13:58 am »

Could have went worse, regret using the linodor feathers/remains.
So is this the Mauve we killed or just an Imp that looks like her?
If it is her we could ask her on where the others are and to explain the anti-hero thing, also ask what hell was like then maybe explain her new fate and set some ground rules.

Thinking Sidekick but do we really need another one at this current date? Could use a spare or could try to make that Fan into a Dark Advisor with KnightHowl (name might be wrong, ugh mornings) mutagen so we would even out.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 11:36:16 am by Cain12 »

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: October 31, 2013, 03:19:28 am »

*Imp spots the game post.  Scans it, wondering, not even reading it yet.  Sees You have summoned an Imp! and squeals with amazement*

*Actually reads the post, including the final spoiler*  *goes drat, wondering how she misunderstood the importance of personal value in sacrifices*  *is still glad that there's now an Imp in play.... but still views Psysquid as 'her' (shared) avatar in play*

Could have went worse, regret using the linodor feathers/remains.

Me too.

If it is her we could ask her on where the others are and to explain the anti-hero thing, also ask what hell was like then maybe explain her new fate and set some ground rules
+1

Collect information from it, collect mutagen sample from it.

Anyone like the idea of Cerulean being 'given' this imp?  Could be useful, since it's clearly Mauve/clearly not Mauve, and because in general imps can take a heck of a lot of punishment (should Cerulean decide to take a few things out on the no-longer Mauve).  We would prefer Cerulean to develop a preference for conquering and controlling those she now wants dead, right?
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 213