Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 259448 times)

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #1665 on: October 30, 2013, 05:03:38 pm »

Use tears, robe and a crystal. One represents her wishes, one represents her friends' betrayal and one represents her sadness. It's bound to summon something strong.

Let's do it together, for more symbolicness and so we have someone experienced doing it.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: October 30, 2013, 05:23:09 pm »

Imp, you are unnervingly prolific these days.

I am honestly not sure what I want to sacrifice after your epic textwall.

Edit: before we sacrifice anything, let's get as many people crammed into the summoning chamber as possible.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 05:33:09 pm by Knit tie »

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: October 30, 2013, 05:29:23 pm »

Fine with the precautions of cogs, and having our advisors nearby incase it goes wrong, sticking with tears, robe and crystal though.
Maybe have Chemista figure out some failsafes for future sacrifices, like flooding the area or something.
Edit: Maybe blood but I don't want to add more discussion/delay to this if I can help it, then have to wait for another wall of text from imp.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 05:33:58 pm by Cain12 »

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: October 30, 2013, 06:27:57 pm »

May I suggest that Chemista should try to combine a succubi with some bunny mutagens, trying to create a cute being of evil.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: October 30, 2013, 06:31:47 pm »

May I suggest that Chemista should try to combine a succubi with some bunny mutagens, trying to create a cute being of evil.

We did that. It sucked.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: October 30, 2013, 06:42:01 pm »

What's this 'having to wait'?  I had a concern, placed a placeholder post, and a half hour later got my actual post up.

Placeholder was to say to shadeknight 'hang on a sec', I'd like a chance to post this and a chance for people to react.

Several of you have reacted, 'tears, robe and crystal sacrifice' has a clear majority of votes still, with one player reaffirming their earlier vote for it and a new voter joining that pick too.

Since 'tears, robe and crystal sacrifice' was the majority vote before - unless a bunch more people speak up for something different, it looks like shadeknight's got the clear, distinct majority he wanted to see.

Further votes still have their place until it happens, but we've got at least one player also saying he doesn't want additional discussion or delay, and then wait for another wall of text from me (?  I write a lot when I have a lot to say.  Otherwise I don't).  In any case, it's all in shadeknight's hands.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: October 30, 2013, 07:16:48 pm »

I really like the depth of your thought, by the way, Imp.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: October 30, 2013, 07:32:46 pm »

I didn't mean it like that, no offence intended, meant I would need to wait for your opinion because you have lots of good points most of the time and put more thought into stuff that I would never bother to think of.
Edit: I'm not saying I don't want delay, if you want to discuss further do so, I'm saying I don't want to contribute to/cause anymore delay that otherwise wouldn't come up if I stayed quite.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 07:38:22 pm by Cain12 »

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: October 30, 2013, 08:02:05 pm »

My big fear about including the crystal is what those crystals may mean to Cerulean.

Far as I know, she's regularly fiddling with them - to make her magic staff.  Which always gets away 'out of her control' you could say.  More emotional meaning, more disappointment, and stronger lean towards 'hard to control'.

I remember four big things about how the SAD system works (but lack time and focus to go double check and verify 100%)
 - Things of personal value, (regardless of actual value), are worth more, as are things with true personal history to the sacrificer.  In fact, things of actual value (without personal value) are actually worth little. (from first introduction of SAD system - and several suggestions shadeknight made early in as we experimented with sacrifices)
 - Certain objects have ritualized and codified meaning, regardless of their personal or material value or nature.  (blood of a wench, with or without its several variations - That doesn't clearly read as 'succubus' to me.  That's like a standardized code, and we may run into such things the first time we sacrifice a new object).  (never said - but shown with the explanation of blood of wench on a wrench)
 - What we get is likely to be a 'reasonable' assimilation of a general person's take on the items sacrificed.  We should focus on what we're giving and what those items as a whole suggest (from our attempts to get a 'DF dwarf' among other 'not quite what we expected' results.
 - Less is more.  The fewer items sacrificed, the more likely to get a clearly distinct result.  One is not necessarily  better than two, but as the list lengthens the overall effect becomes more and more muddled.  (Ahh, blorble, was it?  The critter who's only use was to go bang.  And too, some of our muddled results trying for the DF dwarf again).

So, robes, tears, crystal - two of the three, if not all, have extreme to significant emotional meaning to Cerulean - but it's almost all bad feelings.  What happens when you sacrifice your pain and suffering to hell?  All three of those objects also have meanings related to things out of her control, if that matters.

What would a general person think of seeing those objects become something?
Well, crystal and tears, that's a somewhat common combination that means eyes, vision, sight.  Robes and tears, doesn't mean much to me, except robes are absorbent.  Crystal and robes, Merlin.  Or similar figures of magical power.  Wearing crystal robes, that's very often something angelic.

All three together?  Mercy, maybe.  The tears of an angel.  Adding that it comes from hell?  ... dunno.  Adding the emotional value and high level of personal meaning to Cerulean?

Ladies and gentlemen, we may have created an exploding thermonuclear bomb.  Or at least summoned something that 'big' and 'hard to control'.

That's all I'm wondering about.
Glad I'm just a player and not actually present for this experiment.  But I'm triply sure it's going to be really interesting.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: October 30, 2013, 08:09:19 pm »

Huh. We may need a 'Codex' of rules/guidelines for using the SAD system...

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: October 30, 2013, 08:12:34 pm »

How about we sacrifice the staff we made for Cerulean instead of a simple crystal?

It was made with love and represents her control over her pain.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: October 30, 2013, 08:13:32 pm »

WAIT. Why don't we explain the SAD system to her and let her choose what to sacrifice and let her do the summoning?

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: October 30, 2013, 08:14:47 pm »

WAIT. Why don't we explain the SAD system to her and let her choose what to sacrifice and let her do the summoning?

That is a very bad idea. Just sacrifice robes, tears and a magic staff together

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: October 30, 2013, 08:16:02 pm »

How about we sacrifice the staff we made for Cerulean instead of a simple crystal?

It was made with love and represents her control over her pain.

+1, Well it screams magician/magic user more than a crystal would, plus we value it more.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: October 30, 2013, 08:16:37 pm »

That is a very bad idea. Just sacrifice robes, tears and a magic staff together
Why is it a bad idea? The items probably have more personal meaning to her than they do to us.
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 213