Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 259847 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #1575 on: October 28, 2013, 02:48:01 pm »

Herm... Why not Tattered robe, And everything else to make A succubus, and A bit of cerulean?
We shall never make a succubus out of Cerulean's stuff, we are her parents.

Self-concious cogs would be special cogs used in possible ambushes so that we don't lose them. They are still useful until they "die", that's when they just get away from combat. We already have cogs made to soak damage, that are the guardogs.

I'm not against cogifying the fan. I want to know what is special about fleshcogs.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: October 28, 2013, 02:51:52 pm »

acquire schematics then build him again.

We win potentially far more by being able to do self-conscious cogs than just gaining a sidekick.

Sidekicks just provide a +1 to missions, and we have enough of these already.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: October 28, 2013, 03:00:56 pm »

And being able to produce spies is awesome.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: October 28, 2013, 03:27:18 pm »

Keep the splintercog alive and functional until we can disassemble him while keeping his mind intact. His skills are impressive.

Do not build self-conscious combat cogs. Making our cannon fodder able to realise that it is cannon fodder is a recipe for disaster.

Make another liondor for Cerulean, then show her the mantle.

Sacrifice a bit of Cerulean/a drop of Psysquid's blood and the mantle.

Mutate: alligator with whale
            wolf with boar
            bear with elephant
            wolverine with Knighthowl

Build some wufflecogs.

Cogify the fan - we need to see what fleshcogs can do.

On the cheerie subject, I think that we could use the attack from the heroes as an opportunity to kill everyone, or maybe have Cheerie as an ally when she is about to die and we save her, or something like that.
+1
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 03:32:31 pm by Knit tie »

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: October 28, 2013, 03:31:11 pm »

- apologies for double post-

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: October 28, 2013, 03:36:28 pm »

Keep the splintercog alive and functional until we can disassemble him while keeping his mind intact. His skills are impressive.

Do not build self-conscious combat cogs. Making our cannon fodder able to realise that it is cannon fodder is a recipe for disaster.

But they won't be our cannon fodder! Being able to produce more of them is going to take a bunch of weight off our cog factory.

You know, if they are going to die, they run instead of dying. That saves time. A lot of time.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: October 28, 2013, 03:41:04 pm »

On the cheerie subject, I think that we could use the attack from the heroes as an opportunity to kill everyone, or maybe have Cheerie as an ally when she is about to die and we save her, or something like that.
+1

... -1

Cheerie is off her cheerios, off her rocker, whatever you want to use to compare her level of insanity to, she's probably crazier than that.

Plus she's at least potentially near our level of power.

How about this - lets talk with Chemista about what it would take to have a real chance of successfully converting Cheerie?  I bet the answer requires mindium, just like it did for us.

(apologies for any spelling errors in game words, it's been a while and posting from work, I don't have time to look up correct spellings).

But they won't be our cannon fodder! Being able to produce more of them is going to take a bunch of weight off our cog factory.

You know, if they are going to die, they run instead of dying. That saves time. A lot of time.

Then the damage they would have absorbed does not get absorbed, and is instead passed up the follower chain to be absorbed by someone/something more powerful and harder to replace - but not necessarily better damage resistant.

We -can- replace cogs fast and easy, even if we don't want to.  It's way slower to replace most of the other higher powered stuff.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: October 28, 2013, 03:45:15 pm »

We should also improve our cog builing rate. Mechanicogs ?

also by making all of our cogs self-conscious we drastically improve their combat potential. We could develop a buddy system for cogs. We could develop combat algorithms (like, dumping all of Sun Tzu's in their head) to make them better.

I see no problem with intelligent minions... after all we can simply program the cogs to be loyal to us.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 03:58:35 pm by Naryar »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: October 28, 2013, 03:54:43 pm »

+1

... -1

Cheerie is off her cheerios, off her rocker, whatever you want to use to compare her level of insanity to, she's probably crazier than that.

Plus she's at least potentially near our level of power.

How about this - lets talk with Chemista about what it would take to have a real chance of successfully converting Cheerie?  I bet the answer requires mindium, just like it did for us.

(apologies for any spelling errors in game words, it's been a while and posting from work, I don't have time to look up correct spellings).
We can do two things with our plan:
a) Kill everyone, they will be weak after the fight.
b) Save Cheerie and imprison her until we decide what to do.
Shouldn't we even try to do this?

Splintercog stuff:
And by getting to know how to make another kind of cog we only lose a side-kick, and we aready have better ones. Worst-case scenario is that we don't use spy cogs and that's it.

Cattani

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: October 28, 2013, 03:56:30 pm »

I suggest keeping splintercog as a special unit - one that can be sent in solo missions (which would be the infiltration ones).
We should also ask our advisors for advice on cheerie's matters.
Next turn we could stay home and build the training grounds. Unless we get some mission we absolutely MUST DO. Chemista herself noted the training facility to be important.

Edit: If we're not able to send splintercog as a special unit in solo missions he's basically useless. We can't afford to have a dark advisor around because our dark advisors can't infiltrate, so our max stealthiness would be that of the dark advisor which means having splintercog makes no difference.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 04:01:08 pm by Cattani »

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: October 28, 2013, 04:01:13 pm »

+1 for training grounds.

as I said, self-conscious cogs would be revolutionary. Hell, we could make our whole base self-conscious with this ! Think of the benefits !

relevant: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwqN3Ur-wP0

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: October 28, 2013, 04:54:44 pm »

The main reason why I want Cheerie dead/incapacitated is because the is a complete whackjob with a large supply of plutonium. This cannot end well.

Actually, if sentience gives our cogs buddy system, then I change my vote to support the notion of self-aware cog production. Buddy system is very powerful indeed, it almost doubles the combat bonus!

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: October 28, 2013, 05:04:47 pm »

Actually, if sentience gives our cogs buddy system, then I change my vote to support the notion of self-aware cog production. Buddy system is very powerful indeed, it almost doubles the combat bonus!
I'm feeling a bit confuzled.

This is what I see in current round that describes what this splinter cog might give to our coggies which are made in its image:
Unit hides. Unit that hides doesn't die on mission. Computing..."
"So...you're a coward," you deadpan.
"Affirmative and proud of it."

Why do we want hiding normal cogs?  Why do we want -cowardly- cogs?  Personally, I'm glad and proud when our cogs stand forward and take damage that would have otherwise slain more useful and (at least to me) valued troops.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: October 28, 2013, 05:20:23 pm »

Nah, giving sentience to our cogs won't make them all cowards.
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 213