Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 259886 times)

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #1560 on: October 28, 2013, 12:34:27 pm »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: October 28, 2013, 12:35:32 pm »

Oh, and watch out when sacrificing those clothes. We lost almost an entire team during the fight, if she got loose, consequences could be disastrous.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: October 28, 2013, 12:43:14 pm »

I wonder what happened to Nausicaa? Murder is so not Gamington's style, but we did not acquire her, so...

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: October 28, 2013, 12:52:56 pm »

Remember the 28 heroes he killed? Murder is definitely his style if he believes in his cause. Maybe it was the trying to use civilians crap she pulled or he was jut feeling a little murderous because of the lost Cogs? Or maybe he took her and didn't tell us so he can have her/her voice for a band of Performing Cogs/ a gift for his woman.  :P

Cattani

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: October 28, 2013, 01:27:58 pm »

Sonic Emitting Equipment. Definetely. Because radars.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1566 on: October 28, 2013, 01:33:16 pm »

Weather the Storm

You choose High-Tech Sonic Emitting Equipment

Lord Gamington returns carrying a bunch of audio devices which, he swears, will become a most powerful instrument of doom...if mounted on a Zeppelin or a submarine.

You turn on the television.

"INCREDIBLE NEWS!" a bubbly and cheerful pink-dressed girl yells out loud, holding on to a strange tea-cup like hat and wearing a long silk mantle on her back that frills around like some sort of pair of butterfly wings. "This here is Butterflix, your usual news Fix! The hit sensation Nausicaa's concert has been interrupted by the forces of Evil! The star refuses to explain what went on, but many among the spectators were shocked and appalled by such an interruption! The evildoers managed to escape with an important and highly costly sonic equipment! What dirty and wretched plans will the horrible Overlord plan next!?"

Gamington fidgets. "She surrendered," he says. "I couldn't kill her then, your evilness."
You wave a hand in a 'It's really not a problem' gesture.
"But we got you a present!"
A Nausicaa Fan enters under strict surveillance by a pair of Cogs, following behind the Luxurious Succubus who appears to enjoy moving her backside quite a bit.
The gown does a certain nice job in enticing the movement...
"Your evilness," the Succubus says. "I brought you a gift!"
You now have One Human (Fan).

The television does not speak at all of 'Mauve' or of the second action done by your troops.

A few seconds later however, the screen flickers.
Cheerful Cheerie appears on a bright cheering stage.
"Hey," she is sitting on a metal stool, which seems to barely hold on the weight of her mechanical half. "I feel so lonely, you know? I mean...you could call me, maybe? If I give you my number, will you call me?"
You slowly start to massage your temples. You do feel a headache incoming.
Does she realize everything she says is broadcasted on television for everyone to see, not only you?
Maybe not.
"And...well, since you won't call me, maybe...I don't know what I should do to get your attention," she hums, "But maybe you can tell me! So...say, why don't you tell me something? Like...where you are? So I can come over and chat! We can take tea, and have biscuits, and use your entrails to decorate the wall nearby...and if by some chance it's not enough to frigging kill you, you damn imposter of a fake stupid over-stupid, then maybe..." there's another flicker, before finally the transmission is cut short by the regular broadcast.
"And we're back on track thanks to the newly installed Advanced Broadcasters," the newscaster says holding a smile. "Do not worry citizens, this 'Cheerful Cheerie' problem will soon be solved by the intervention of the Heroic Heroes Squad. Yes, you heard me well! All the heroes who participated in the quest against Evil Overlord *BEEP* will bind together to defeat this foe! You can sleep happily!"

You close the television.

You are now in Downkeep

You stand up, and then you head towards the SAD System.
Chemista slinks next to you and hums. "You know, your evilness, I think maybe we should refresh how to bind people properly."
You raise an eyebrow. "I know how it works."
"Yes, I'm sure, but you wish to summon something potentially dangerous, so I would really like it if you repeated with me the steps for the Sad System to work."
"I know them, Chemista," you snort. "I'll use the robes as a catalyst to bind her together with the rosario, it's going to work."
"Uh...I would rather you thought this through properly, your evilness..." Chemista states. "You know, maybe add some more bindings cause you never know..."
"Like what?"
"Blood, other things precious to the 'summoned' creature...a piece of Cerulean, maybe?"
You stare at her. "What?"
"It will regrow," Chemista rolls her eyes. "And frankly, I would rather that something that can destroy quite a lot of my genetically superior beasts would be really bound tightly. I dislike the thought of having to change places because it got loose."
"I'll think some more about it," you deadpan.
"Good!" Chemista smiles. "But you're always free to do as you wish...just specify what you're sacrificing on the altar though."

You pass by the children's dormitory room and gaze at the unsorted children. who are apparently enjoying their sleep -it is late.
Cerulean is an amorphous mass on the ground, engulfing a chair as she apparently fell asleep reading a story.
You'll have to tell her you killed her Liondor 'Lionel' when she wakes up tomorrow.
You make a small smile at the scene...and try to ignore the dread of tomorrow.

You find yourself dangling a magic wand in the air like a master with a dog while playing fetch. A few seconds go by, before the Splinter-Cog appears from the ceiling and zips down to catch it. You catch him instead, and he is apparently lithe and light.
"Computing. Computing. Cogging. Computing."
"Hello there, little guy," you give him a puzzled look. "What's someone like you doing here?"
"Computing. Cogging. Capturing."
"Well, time to see what your specifics are. Did you modify yourself?"
"Computing. Computing. Unit-Splinter. Unit hides. Unit that hides doesn't die on mission. Computing..."
"So...you're a coward," you deadpan.
"Affirmative and proud of it."
You could probably dismember it and acquire the schematic to build more...'special' robots.
Or you could keep him as a side-kick.

Choice!
Acquire Schematics: Spionage Cog! Acquire Cog-Trait: Self-Conscious!
OR
Acquire Side-Kick: Splinter Cog!

You are in Downkeep.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: October 28, 2013, 01:52:40 pm »

Acquire schematics, then build him again. It's not that difficult.

On the cheerie subject, I think that we could use the attack from the heroes as an opportunity to kill everyone, or maybe have Cheerie as an ally when she is about to die and we save her, or something like that.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: October 28, 2013, 02:09:41 pm »

On the cheerie subject, I think that we could use the attack from the heroes as an opportunity to kill everyone, or maybe have Cheerie as an ally when she is about to die and we save her, or something like that.
+1, think we should take a bit of our daughter, she should be fine with it provided she isn't too upset about her pet.
Could make more Cogs like him, could use a bodyguard of sorts, one we could upgrade, replace ect if possible.

In regards to the children, what are were we planning to do with them again?
Raising a new group of villains/sidekicks/enlightened people/leverage/test subjects?

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: October 28, 2013, 02:12:58 pm »

+1, think we should take a bit of our daughter, she should be fine with it provided she isn't too upset about her pet.
Could make more Cogs like him, could use a bodyguard of sorts, one we could upgrade, replace ect if possible.

In regards to the children, what are were we planning to do with them again?
Raising a new group of villains/sidekicks/enlightened people/leverage/test subjects?
That's my choice. I don't know about the others

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: October 28, 2013, 02:23:50 pm »

Side kick. Unique is good.

For the SAM, how about we use our OWN blood. I mean.... she hated us far more than she loved cerulean. Or even better, both our blood and some of Cerulean.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: October 28, 2013, 02:34:35 pm »

For the SAM, how about we use our OWN blood. I mean.... she hated us far more than she loved cerulean. Or even better, both our blood and some of Cerulean.
Unique is good for the narrative, mass production is good for the overlord. Having minions who can escape from danger in case we get ambushed is something really neat, as we won't have to re-build them. Also, think abot how would look Psysquid with a bunch of ninja cogs.

I repeat, before sacrificing the robe, show it to Cerulean. Then go nuts.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: October 28, 2013, 02:39:27 pm »

+1.  If we can also get some of Cerulean's tears, good goo... err, good good.  I suspect she won't cry over the lost lion though.

I believe we do NOT want self conscious cogs.  What would we use them for?  Cogs -are- our damage absorption first line of defense.  If they're not there to absorb damage, then we lose our more difficult to replace and more powerful forces sooner.

This little guy's worth more as a unique, stronger as a unique, than any number of mass produced little copies would be - copies which would take the place of our more useful cogs or would not be used at all because the others are indeed more useful.

Cogify fan to be more like a fan.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #1573 on: October 28, 2013, 02:40:50 pm »

Herm... Why not Tattered robe, And everything else to make A succubus, and A bit of cerulean?
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: October 28, 2013, 02:46:55 pm »

We could use some of Gamington, he was the one who beat the crap out of them and lead the attack that took her from them.
Maybe just use one or two things, over complicating it didn't go well last time.

Well a Self conscious cog would have uses, a sufficiently advanced one could guard the base, or protect us better, or just for special Cogs that we want to stay alive, like Splinter-Cog himself, could dismantle him, make more, make one self conscious to replace him, sidekick and mass production.
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 213