Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 259896 times)

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #1545 on: October 27, 2013, 06:20:03 am »

And I am sure the guys in hell will love all those tyrants and murderers we are going to send them.

Hmmm. and now I'm thinking about the classical deal-with-the-devil routine.

What do you think, bay12 ? Should we go around selling our soul to Old Nick for the good of mankind monsterkind.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: October 27, 2013, 12:49:27 pm »

Not our soul, that is way too dangerous.

Now, the souls of others, that's fair game.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: October 27, 2013, 01:04:58 pm »

a-HEM.  We have standards.  Had standards.  Had better still HAVE standards!

I frown upon this blather of independent human sacrifice.  We have the SAD system, for a reason.  You want to sacrifice, go ahead, just keep using that.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Travisplo

• Bay Watcher
  • Lich with Bumps of grandeur! The Necromonsieur!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: October 27, 2013, 04:07:04 pm »

I think that when we wake, we should go on the air and say the hero is alive, and then cut, then take off the mask, and robes, put on normal clothes, then go back on air and say "Help!"
Plus that other overlord may recognize our hero self, if we, a mind wiped hero turned overlord can remember stuff about a girl from his childhood just from seeing her, I figure it could work both ways. (grasping straws of course, don't know enough to say if she will remember)
She would just think we have the hero if she recognised us
Heh, I posted that as a joke. Then again, this is Bay12 and this plan is crazy enough to work...
Bump all day, bump all night, yeah this thread needs a bump alright!

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1549 on: October 28, 2013, 07:19:25 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Team Choice
Mission 2) Gamington+Coghuahua, 10 Cogs, 4 Guardogs, 1 Hammer-Cogs, Figurehead, 1 Luxurious succubus, Elephantine Wraith, Camerathing.
Mission 3) (Psysquid+Snowstar), Woar, Gorloceros, Liondor, Aliwhale, Bearphant, Beastman, Hunter of the Wild Hunt and 2 Hydraulic succubus.

LET THE CARNAGE BEGIN.

CONCERT CARNAGE

The Zeppelin hums as it leaves the hangar, carrying Lord Gamington with its flapping mantle as the Camerathing starts recording. An inspiring music starts to play in the background, as the sun shines brightly casting shadows of epicness over the figure of Lord Gamington, he-who-shall-defeat-Good.
Coghuahua stands nearby in a kneeling position, holding a mic in her hands and readying herself to deliver it to her lord when the time comes for battle to be done.
The Figurehead holds herself near her axe, a banner depicting Incognito's symbol on her back and flapping wildly. The luxurious succubus fans herself while making slightly erotic sounds of the place being 'too hot', sometimes giving a tight jerk to her corset to 'breathe' properly.
The elephantine wraith scribbles on a piece of parchment 'I will not forget my abilities, I will not forget my strength, I will not forget. I will not forget.'
Then, the time comes.

"Tell me you love meeee," the music is emitted from very large loudspeakers, all of which seem to surround a crowd of cheerful teenagers. "Tell me you want me!" the voice belongs to a blond haired girl with massive...forward implements. "If you'll believe in meee...I'll be yours! Love me! Follow me! Blindly obey me! I'm your hero and you want me! Follow me! Obey me! Do you want me? Tell me yes, darling!"
"YES! YES! YES!" the crowd cheers and hoots. "We want you! NAUSICAA!"
"Remember! Never forget! We fight! We fight!" Nausicaa cheers and sings, raising her right hand up in the air in a fist. Her outfit appears as a skimpy bright pink leopard, and the heels she's wearing make her at least a good five to six inches taller. "Love me and together we will fight!"
Then, around the stage, explosions are set off. The music swaps immediately from the hip-hop theme to a more rap one, as Gamington takes the stage.
"LISTEN HERE AND LISTEN GOOD!
LORD GAMINGTON's COME TO THE NEIGHBORHOOD!"
The rest of the army takes the stage, just as the security forces start to climb while the special forces prepares their guns.
"IT IS TIME FOR US TO DANCE!" Gamington bellows, "GET YOUR RHYTHM AND PREPARE. YOUR. LANCE!"

"Get off the stage you evil doer!" Nausicaa yells, her mic suddenly sparkling with electricity as her hair starts to fly around, "THIS. IS. MY. SHOW!"
"What if I say I'm not like the others?" Gamington retorts loudly, "What if I say I'm not just another!?"
"Remember the copyright!" Coghuahua screams.

Electricity sparkles and soars the air, crashing strongly against the cogs who all being to rhythmically dance following Gamington's beat.
"Dance, dance, dance forever!" The rays and the bullets are dodged, while the people in the stands clap their hands at the spectacle of light and colors they're seeing.
Some even start to sing 'dance, dance, forever'.

It's but a moment, and soon three bullets slam into three bodies of steam and cogs, tearing them apart.
"DANCE BETTER!" Gamington roars, before plowing through.

People are cheering loudly, clapping excitedly their hands at the spectacle in front of them.

Suddenly, two policemen overextend themselves, reaching closer into the folds of the cogs' dance routine. It's an instant, but two heads are neatly cleaved and roll down. The people gaze in surprise at the fountains of blood, before starting to scream.
"Don't worry! It's all part of the show!" Nausicaa yells, "The show called 'Kick the Evildoers' butts!'"
"I would like to disagree!" Gamington roars back, "The show's called 'Die Good, Die!'"

"You think I'm going to let this go!?" Nausicaa snarls. "I will not let you insufferable bastards..."
"Oh, how cute you are," the Luxurious succubus murmurs softly to the ear of a fan, "Want to come home with me?" the fan vividly agrees.
"You were saying something?" the Succubus raises an eyebrow gazing at Nausicaa.
"Y-You! Stop taking away my fans!"
Resource Acquired: Fan!

Gamington has sweat pooling down his body. "This...fight...is...going...on...quite...for...a...bit!"
"I'm not pulling away!" Nausicaa screams. "My fans are everything for me!"
"You damn...the power of dancing...will defeat...song!"

The Figurehead burps loudly as it screams. "FOR ODIN'S BLOOD AND THE NAZGHUL'S CALL!" before slicing with its axe and cleaving in half a special force soldier. "I will hold myself true! Fight! For the Overlord!"
"COOGGG!"
The Hammer-cog grips his hammer strongly, and then pulls it down on the head of the other special force. "It's Hammer-Time! Cog...Cog...Computing!"

Nausicaa receives a firm blunt hit to her sides, which sends her on the ground sniffling and crying. "No, no, no, it's my debut...my upcoming album...no!"
She cries, and in her cry the legion of fans answer her call.

"NAUSICAA-CHAAANNNN!"
"Eh?" Gamington blinks, and then turns to gaze at the enraged fans -all overly portly and overweight guys.
Nausicaa smirks from her spot on the ground.
"THE FIGHT ISN'T OVER!"
Ten fans start to climb the stage...but the cogs smash their skulls in less than a second flat.
The rest of the fans run away screaming in fear, uncaring that their Nausicaa-chan is now alone and prey to Lord Gamington's menacing smile.

"So, you want to learn how to dance?" Lord Gamington's smile becomes wider. "Let me show you how you dance..."

MOONSHINE CARNAGE

"Tonight," Psysquid speaks, "We dine in hell."
"Tomorrow," Snowstar continues, "We have brunch in heaven."
"It's time to get the show on the road," Psysquid states plainly, descending from the zeppelin. Around them, there is only silence as the empty shacks of rednecks stand eerily in the pale moonlight.
The Gorloceros growls lightly, while the Hunter of the Wilds breathes in deeply. "I smell blood."
"You always smell blood," one of the hydraulic succubus remarks. "It's the first thing you say when you wake up too."
"I smell more blood than usual then," the Hunter retorts.

Psysquid has a vision.
"Shit. IT'S A TRAP!"
The next moment, explosions rock the air as giant fireballs flame down from the sky. A large winged woman clad in robes descends upon dark feathery wings.
Her robes are dark purple, and they billow with the wind. Her surprise attack is however ineffective, as Psysquid's success nullifies the attack.
"Your time has come, evildoers," she speaks. "No longer will you be able to bring havoc upon this land. In the name of Justice, I will be your executioner," her hands brim with unholy fire. "I am Mauve...remember this name well, for you will not be the last to go to hell cursing it."
Psysquid cracks his neck, as Snowstar nearby prepares ice-shards from the tip of his tentacles.
"Really? Well...I'm renowned for defying the odds," with a light chuckle, debris of fallen houses start to lift themselves in the air. "Come on then, Hero...show me what you've got."
"I am not a Hero," Mauve replies, a feral smile etched on her face. Portals of fire open up around her as giant demon-like hands emerge. "I'm an Anti-Hero...and I will show no mercy!"

Battle Starts!

The demonic hands are gripped tightly by Gorloceros and Bearphant, as Snowstar conjures forth icicles while the burning houses slam against the woman. She screams in pain as shards embed deeply into her body, tattering her robes. Her eyes burn brightly as the wounds sizzle.
"I sold my soul to defy your evil! I bound myself for victory! I will crush you down!"
"You're not the first to say that," Psysquid snarls. "You're also not the first to lose after saying that."
Howling in anger, large meteors crash down from the skies.
Psysquid swallows. "Maybe I shouldn't have said that."

The meteors strike down hard upon Psysquid's team, crushing with their fiery death the team. The Liondor lets out a startled cry of fear, as it burns to death. Wasn't that Cerulean's favorite pet anyway? Psysquid holds a barrier of psychic energies, to protect himself and Snowstar from the devastating barrage.
Unfortunately, the rest of the team isn't that lucky.
Charred flesh, burned corpses, crispy meat...
It's a slaughter.

Psysquid stands, looking around with ire.
"Oh, so you think you can do this and go unpunished uh?"
The Girl screams in pain as the hands that surround her vanish in brimstone and sulfur.
"No! No...come back! I'm not done!"
"Oh? Somebody's out of juice?" Psysquid hisses. "Let me pay you back then, you bitch!"

A barrage of sharp icicles slam into Mauve's chest, the ice turns scarlet with her blood as the woman falls down on the ground. She coughs and splutters blood out of her mouth, breathing raggedly. She tries to raise a hand to the sky, "I'm...sorry...Cer-"
And then the ground cracks and splinters, as chains of iron and screams of devils and demons erupt to grab the woman's body and soul. With a terrifying scream of utter anguish, Mauve disappears within the infernal areas of hell leaving behind nothing but cinders...and her tattered robes.
Psysquid looks around, before moving towards the nearest house and into its cellar. Snowstar follows, but gasps.
"She burned them all to a crisp," Psysquid comments, slowly turning to walk back upstairs. "There are no survivors."
"T-That's not...Why? No hero would ever..."
"She said it herself, didn't she?" Psysquid remarks. "She's not a hero...she's an Anti-Hero."
He flexes his hands, letting his tentacles move carefully to grab the robes. "We can use this," he acquiesces. "Let's go...grab what we can."
"Maybe we could look into the forest for survivors," Snowstar suggests. Psysquid nods.
In the following hours, Psysquid does find Rednecks hiding in the forest.
Scared, covered in sooth, trembling and afraid.
The moment Psysquid shows himself as friendly, they start to clap their hands excitedly and swear eternal loyalty to the cause of Incognito.
Acquired Resources: Redneck Faction!
Acquired Resources: Tattered Robes
Acquired Resources: Distillery Wares

Choose an acquired resource between: High Tech Sonic Emitting Equipment or High Tech Recording Equipment.

Weather the Storm

Chemista slams a hand against the table. "It's impossible!" she snarls. "You can't have faced an Anti-Hero! WE are Anti-Heroes!"
"I know what she called herself," Psysquid grumbles, "And she packed a hell of a punch...pardon the pun."
You raise an eyebrow. "What's the problem?"
"Stupidsquid here," Chemista snarls, "Says he fought off a 'Anti-Hero'. It was probably a hero of sort. There's no way he would be fighting something like a Dark Advisor because WE are Dark Advisors."
"So...the trap was set by?"
"No idea," Psysquid grumbles. "It was someone with a beef against Evil of course, but it didn't seem 'Cheerful' work. The woman was awfully serious...and she packed a punch."
"We need something better then," you retort. "The enemies are getting tougher...we should get tougher too..."
"Concerning that," Chemista coughs, "There is something we can do," she acquiesces. "There are ways to power-up someone...Cogification, Mutation, Selling one's soul to the devil...starting dark ritual, eating the flesh of Elder Gods that Sleep..."
You give a sour look towards Chemista.
"Upgrading the base to hold a training ground?" she hazards. "I mean...everything starts with training, right?"

You are still in Weather The Storm. Choose Equipment to acquire for the Music-Scenario

“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: October 28, 2013, 07:27:41 am »

High tech sonic emitting equipment.

I have a crazy idea here. Summon Mauve. Not entirely sure how we'd go about it, but it might just work.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: October 28, 2013, 07:39:31 am »

Woo! this is back!

Did we "acquire" that music-star hero?

And I don't know about the tech stuff, because ideally we would need both.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: October 28, 2013, 07:40:21 am »

First, WHOO YOU'RE BACK.
Second, may I suggest that we build Special Ops Cogs? Our current basic mook needs an upgrade.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: October 28, 2013, 07:51:40 am »

whoo shadenight is back, and writing's just as good as ever.

High tech sonic emitting equipment indeed. Time to build sonic weapons.

also, that second mission was a carnage. I liked the hunter. Time to do single missions or improve again. Still, GORLOCEROS ENDURES.

-We should sacrifice Mauve's clothes. I'm pretty sure it is precious to the forces of Hell.
-We should also strike and capture the ex-magical-girl team. If they are willing to go that far and more importantly slaughter nearly half of our combat force in one round, we should stop it before they can slaughter further our army.

I have a crazy idea here. Summon Mauve. Not entirely sure how we'd go about it, but it might just work.

I doubt we can summon Mauve like that. She is now bound to Hell by contract, why would they let her go back ?

Maybe we could summon her for a limited amount of time, but only to lay waste to her ex-team. I'm quite sure Hell would greatly enjoy the irony, as well as Mauve's anguish for being forced to kill her old team.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 07:54:23 am by Naryar »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: October 28, 2013, 07:56:21 am »

Wait, should we show Mave's robes to Cerulean first?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: October 28, 2013, 08:50:11 am »

Wait, should we show Mave's robes to Cerulean first?

+1

The elephantine wraith scribbles on a piece of parchment 'I will not forget my abilities, I will not forget my strength, I will not forget. I will not forget.'

Hehehe, accepted, with thanks.  And I listened to 'The Pretender' as I read that entire fight.  So very fitting, thanks for including it!

Omg we lost a lot.  Sleep time.  I'll react more later.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: October 28, 2013, 09:07:12 am »

So, I think that it is time to make a long-term strategy, gentlemen.

And we should begin by answering certain questions:

About our general policy:
1) What do we aim to do?
2) What are our main principles?

And about the tactical part:
3)What should we focus into?

And then about the operative part:
4) Should we send the 10-person zeppelin in more missions? Should we use just the 20-person one?
5) How will we improve our minions?
6) Which method of making minions should we use?

My personal answers are:
1) Make this society less unfair and more human.
2) No unnecessary evil acts. Mercy is allowed. We have been pretty pragmatic regarding other subjects so I don't know what to say.
3) Improving ourselves, then waging war agains our foes. The better we are, the better we fight.
4) Only the 20-person one unless it's strictly necessary to send the other one.
5) Improving our base and our facilities, then developing better minions. Getting only the necessary resources to do this, so that we don't waste minions.
6) Our main minion income is made by the cog-factory. Our secondary ones are mutation and sacrificing stuff. Cogifying is not reliable enogh, yet.

And, finally, I have an idea for the SAD system: sacrifice a lawyer. Because lawers and demons have a kind of synergy, right?

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: October 28, 2013, 09:59:24 am »

1) Defeat the evil HEROES corporation, then take over the world and make an utopia for monsters. Mutate all humans and pave the way for a new age of understanding and justice for all monsterkind. Note that this is genuinely what the Overlord believes.

2) Never do evil for evil's sake, ONLY do evil if it serves us well. Treat our own with respect and fairness (we can still punish them if they fail, though). Never do on our own the monstrous acts the HEROES do on their own.

Less evil opponents will be spared (or convinced to be mutated), more evil opponents will be killed or mutated/cogified against their will.

3) Increase our army and our army production/deployment capabilities.

4) Yes
5) Mutating, cogifying. Sacrificing living people is reserved only for the evilest and basest of our opponents.
6) Building cogs, mutating, cogifying, maybe a mixture of all three.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: October 28, 2013, 12:14:57 pm »

YAY, it's back!

Choose sonic emitting equipment for maximum damage.

In regards to our current losses, mutants are very replaceable since we have 2 of every major zoo animal - in he downkeep we can recreate all the warbeasts lost, and more.

Too bad we cannot recreate the hunter - I liked him.

Still, I propose that we sacrifice a suit of spiky armor with a sword from our luxury collection and a jet black cape. Then mutate the resulting (hopefully) dark knight with lion or knighthowl mutagen.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: October 28, 2013, 12:29:11 pm »

Anyway, theory crafting. An anti-hero is not a villain. Technically, it's a hero who's not heroic (think Don Quichotte).

In this game, I assume it refers to a hero who gave up all he/she stood for to combat evil. In this case, forming a pact with the devil.

Spoiler: Questions (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 213