Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 259892 times)

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #1530 on: October 25, 2013, 04:30:51 pm »

I still vote to stay the same. It could result in Hero Guy going on a surge of Heroism and punching someone in the face, which would be very awkward for all involved.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: October 25, 2013, 04:36:00 pm »

I don't agree actually. While plot armor will probably result in us going unharmed, it closes some opportunities, and might not be that beneficial.

Caution is, of course, the best choice of action, but I do wonder what kinds of opportunities it closes. I mean, nobody saw our face yet behind the mask, and even if they did, do you honestly believe that our father would think twice before going for the kill? The man runs a semitheocratic dictatorship, and if that was not enough, he was shown as perfectly willing to brainwash his son into becoming his ideal vision of a hero.

And besides, announcing that we are/have The Hero would most likely result only in everybody trying to kill us even harder.

Just wishing to know the public opinion and ready to be proved erroneous.

Yeah, for me my magic 8 ball says 'ask again later' - we're returning after a long break from play.  Lets have at least 1 or 2 'getting back to the game and up to speed again' turns before you try to sell us on this 'lets make a chance of major change' idea and all of the possible advantages it has.

Unless your idea needs to be implemented 'now or never', which I'm not understanding from your presentation, I can tell you that I'll be far more interested in considering it in 2-3 turns rather than now.  For now I'm just wanting the game to continue, for a chance to meet all the character's again and continue things as they had been, so for now your 'big risk, uncertain returns' plan (it seems that sort of idea to me) is getting an almost reflexive 'not interested now' from me.

Don't give up on the idea though.  Just save it, bring it up again a bit later.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Cattani

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: October 25, 2013, 06:43:09 pm »

Come one guys, we've been through this already.
I put my reasons to -1 self-cognifications some pages back. I am willing to argue about it, but no one tried to explain them wrong. Maybe now, that we've got a long break people will be more open for negotiation on that topic, but surely will need to hear good reasons to do it.
Hell, I'm so out-of-touch with this game right now I don't even remember why we liked Cerulean so much. Was just now wondering what kind of badass abomination we could summon by sacrificing her, considering she kinda means a lot to Incognito so must have a gigantic price on hell.

Edit: What do you guys think, sacrificing Cerulean so we can get the bigger, meaner, most devilish devil that ever came to existence and conquer crap with it? +1 everyone? =D
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 06:47:49 pm by Cattani »

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: October 25, 2013, 06:57:33 pm »

Edit: What do you guys think, sacrificing Cerulean so we can get the bigger, meaner, most devilish devil that ever came to existence and conquer crap with it? +1 everyone? =D

...for me my magic 8 ball again says 'ask again later'

Don't give up on the idea though.  Just save it, bring it up again a bit later.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: October 26, 2013, 01:30:50 am »

Come one guys, we've been through this already.
I put my reasons to -1 self-cognifications some pages back. I am willing to argue about it, but no one tried to explain them wrong. Maybe now, that we've got a long break people will be more open for negotiation on that topic, but surely will need to hear good reasons to do it.
Hell, I'm so out-of-touch with this game right now I don't even remember why we liked Cerulean so much. Was just now wondering what kind of badass abomination we could summon by sacrificing her, considering she kinda means a lot to Incognito so must have a gigantic price on hell.

Er... She is our daughter.

Yes, we're evil, but it should be only employed in incredibly desperate times.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: October 26, 2013, 04:21:47 am »

Unless you intend the above statement to be a satire of my cogification proposal, I would suggest rereading the thread. Cerulean has so far not been sacrificed because she is masterfully written and very sympathetic.

You monster.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: October 26, 2013, 09:48:50 am »

If we are able to sacrifice her now when there is no threat or reason then she must not mean much to our character, thus weaker monster, and something our character wouldn't do seeing how much he does care for her.

If she was dying or we were all going to die otherwise then maybe it would be worth it, but I'm still against it if we have other options.
Edit: And if it did come to that, people would probably rather try to make her sacrifice us based on how much they like her or  have us sacrifice Gammington or any other useful members of the team.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 10:10:30 am by Cain12 »

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: October 26, 2013, 11:07:04 am »

If we were deep enough in excrements to make sacrificing one of our surrogate family members necessary, I am quite sure Gamington would volunteer, actually.

EDIT: But Cerulean willingly giving her life to protect her adoptive father also seems quite in character.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 11:09:37 am by Knit tie »

Cattani

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: October 26, 2013, 02:32:05 pm »

You monster.

Oh wow, that was unexpected. I have been called a monster. On bay12 forums.
Ok, I may have gone too far. Anyway that was mostly to check how unattached we got to Cerulean as a whole. One would say I may be more out-of-touch with things then most. Will keep from suggesting things until I get into stuff again.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: October 26, 2013, 02:37:55 pm »

You monster.

Ok, I may have gone too far. Anyway that was mostly to check how unattached we got to Cerulean as a whole. One would say I may be more out-of-touch with things then most. Will keep from suggesting things until I get into stuff again.

8)

Hey now - don't forget you were also called a monster in a thread where we're playing as an Overlord devoted to turning (almost) everyone into monsters.... even if we're not quite devoted to that we sure have participated in a lot of monster-making.

You fit right in; don't worry about anything.

But I do support a 'go with the flow' for everyone as we return to active play; lets all reconnect, revisit, allow our glorious leader to reconnect and revisit, pick up the reins again, and continue leading us into the glories of his imagination.

Once we can see he has his feet fingers under him on a better keyboard again and we are immersed in the active story again, -then- we can throw curves at each other and him, yeah?   :D

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: October 26, 2013, 03:36:03 pm »

Unless you intend the above statement to be a satire of my cogification proposal, I would suggest rereading the thread. Cerulean has so far not been sacrificed because she is masterfully written and very sympathetic.

You monster.

I hope you read that in GLaDOS's voice. Because otherwise it wouldn't imply hypocrisy on my part  :P.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 03:50:25 pm by Knit tie »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: October 27, 2013, 12:20:11 am »

I think as a standard operating procedure, we take all corpses, people, and general debris we find in the field, I don't care if most of it becomes useless trash, maybe we can summon Oscar the Grouch with all the random trash we find, maybe we will get lucky, maybe not.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: October 27, 2013, 03:52:53 am »

I think as a standard operating procedure, we take all corpses, people, and general debris we find in the field, I don't care if most of it becomes useless trash, maybe we can summon Oscar the Grouch with all the random trash we find, maybe we will get lucky, maybe not.

I approve.

Maybe we should start human sacrifice too. We have to make sure the victims are more evil than us, though.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: October 27, 2013, 04:15:23 am »

I agree with the human sacrifice idea, we should acquire some sedatives so we can knock them out to prevent escape attempts though.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: October 27, 2013, 05:45:20 am »

And I am sure the guys in hell will love all those tyrants and murderers we are going to send them.
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 213