Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 259862 times)

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #1515 on: October 19, 2013, 05:40:52 pm »

Is thy forum post dead?
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: October 19, 2013, 05:48:46 pm »

Is thy forum post dead?

Nay.  It but waits for the Overlord to wake.  Hush, we are sleeping.  Not dead, not dreaming; we have brought children into our Lair and writing of their mirth hast disturbed our author's wrists.  In due time time will be due again, so mote it be.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Travisplo

• Bay Watcher
  • Lich with Bumps of grandeur! The Necromonsieur!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: October 24, 2013, 09:43:20 pm »

I think that when we wake, we should go on the air and say the hero is alive, and then cut, then take off the mask, and robes, put on normal clothes, then go back on air and say "Help!"
Heh, I posted that as a joke. Then again, this is Bay12 and this plan is crazy enough to work...
Bump all day, bump all night, yeah this thread needs a bump alright!

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1518 on: October 25, 2013, 01:55:51 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: October 25, 2013, 02:36:05 am »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: October 25, 2013, 03:04:59 am »

Yeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssss...

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: October 25, 2013, 09:57:53 am »

I think that when we wake, we should go on the air and say the hero is alive, and then cut, then take off the mask, and robes, put on normal clothes, then go back on air and say "Help!"
Might cause more trouble than it is worth, considering the status of our father and our old status as the hero, means people would become hard pressed to "save" us from the evil overlord/find our base and gain recognition, after all the small fries know/should know they can't beat The evil overlord, but save The past Hero? that they may be dumb enough to try, if only for the possible reward and status.

Plus that other overlord may recognize our hero self, if we, a mind wiped hero turned overlord can remember stuff about a girl from his childhood just from seeing her, I figure it could work both ways. (grasping straws of course, don't know enough to say if she will remember)

Then again, if we are attacked again we would have leverage, crappy example go:
"Stand down or I press this button and the hero gets it, how do you think his father will react if he learns you killed me at the cost of his son?"
Edit: or just take the costume off and be "rescued", til we stab them in the back or whatever.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: October 25, 2013, 11:40:02 am »

We should seriously consider cogifying ourselves. Not only it makes us less of a hypocrite, but cyborgs are significantly better than humans. My friend got a mechanized prothetic hand two weeks ago and he loves it.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: October 25, 2013, 12:09:14 pm »

We should seriously consider cogifying ourselves. Not only it makes us less of a hypocrite, but cyborgs are significantly better than humans. My friend got a mechanized prothetic hand two weeks ago and he loves it.
+1

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: October 25, 2013, 12:15:05 pm »

I don't agree actually. While plot armor will probably result in us going unharmed, it closes some opportunities, and might not be that beneficial.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: October 25, 2013, 12:21:21 pm »

+1
Lets look into what we could do at least, no harm in considering/having a look, general sentiment last time this was brought up was a "we want stay human looking"/"Lets wait til we get better stuff to do so with", I think. Maybe just look at new equipment ideas for now?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: October 25, 2013, 12:24:12 pm »

I don't agree actually. While plot armor will probably result in us going unharmed, it closes some opportunities, and might not be that beneficial.
+1

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: October 25, 2013, 01:23:23 pm »

+1
+1

Travisplo

• Bay Watcher
  • Lich with Bumps of grandeur! The Necromonsieur!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: October 25, 2013, 04:11:36 pm »

+1
+1
+1
Heh, I posted that as a joke. Then again, this is Bay12 and this plan is crazy enough to work...
Bump all day, bump all night, yeah this thread needs a bump alright!

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: October 25, 2013, 04:27:47 pm »

Caution is, of course, the best choice of action, but I do wonder what kinds of opportunities it closes. I mean, nobody saw our face yet behind the mask, and even if they did, do you honestly believe that our father would think twice before going for the kill? The man runs a semitheocratic dictatorship, and if that was not enough, he was shown as perfectly willing to brainwash his son into becoming his ideal vision of a hero.

And besides, announcing that we are/have The Hero would most likely result only in everybody trying to kill us even harder.

Just wishing to know the public opinion and ready to be proved erroneous.
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 213