Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 259629 times)

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #1440 on: September 26, 2013, 07:15:09 am »

I think we really need to focus on our technological base in the upcoming missions. And send Gamington onto the destruction one with a full menagerie. We need to explain to him that we know he does not like the wanton carnage the beasts produce, but by the time he arrives at the mission, Cheerie's minions will have already killed all the innocents there.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1441 on: September 26, 2013, 08:25:34 am »

You upgraded the Ship to become a Back-Up Base in case of Major FUBAR acquired

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Your wench appears to be well fed and happy, if a bit...
"Can I leave?"
"No." A snailman replies.
"Can I leave?"
"No."
"Can I leave?"
"no."
"Can I leave?"
"No."
"Can I not leave?"
"Yes."
The Wench looks at the snailman with a dirty look. Then, she gazes at you.
"You can't leave," you bring your hands up. "Ask something else."
"Can I watch television?" she pouts.
"Uhm..."
"Or can I study? I have college you know, I'm working as a Luchadores-bar wench part time to pay my tuition for college and I would like to..."
"Yes, you can study," you nod. "Uhm...what about tutoring? Could you tutor someone too?"
"Oh, yes, actually I'm studying to become a teacher..."
You maniacally laugh with pleasure.
"EXCELLEEEENTTTT. I just needed a private tutor for my daughter and the kids, you see...someone with an unbiased view..." you smile and then unchain the girl. "IT's not like you can escape from here anyway. Just to be on the safe side of the force however..."
You attach a giant iron ball to her ankle. "There. No running away."
She looks at you with a contrite expression.
"Really?"
"Yes." You nod. "Have fun and...well...I do have a lot of money just laying around unused. You can take a bucket or two for college!"
"Better than selling blood," she mumbles, before giving a hesitant nod. "All right...I'm in."
"Excellent..."
And with that, Cerulean is pretty much settled even for college.
Ah, it warms your heart to think about her bright future.
You didn't even ask the Wench's name but...does it actually matter?
"My name isn't Wench, you know," she mutters acidly. "It's...Charoline."
"Charoline? Like Gasoline only with 'Char'?"
"..."

You head over to the sacrifice system, and upon it you sacrifice...
"BY THE BEARD OF ODIN AND THE BLOOD OF THE NAZGHUL! I SUMMON YOU FORTH...SOMETHING MANLY!"

What appears next in a flash of light is...
A She.
You're pretty sure by the way she holds on to her axe and her...wooden forms appear that...wait, she's...
You summoned a Figurehead!
She is wearing a loincloth to cover her indecencies however...more like she's been painted a loincloth over her wooden asexuate lower side.
"Crack." She utters out, lacking vocal chords.
"Crack?"
"Creak."
"Creak?"
"Crack. Creak. Crock..." then she coughs out splinters.
"Ah...splinters in the throat." You nod sagely. "Happens all the time."

You are still in Upkeep. Build Guardogs, Wuffle-cogs...or try to build Hammer-Cogs?

“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: September 26, 2013, 08:47:38 am »

gaurd dog's anyone?

Also let's make some zombies in the future...with battle axes part of it.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: September 26, 2013, 08:49:53 am »

Guardogs

Also, what the fuck have we just summoned?

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: September 26, 2013, 08:52:59 am »

Guardogs

Also, what the fuck have we just summoned?

A tribes woman? can we get a better picture GM?

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: September 26, 2013, 09:06:49 am »

No! No! I meant regular blood! From a steak or something! Not wench blood! Fuck! What the fuck! What the fuck is this figurehead shit anyway?! How the hell is it supposed to fight!? Fuck!

As for the wench, cogify her. Jamming metal into one's body does not tamper with his genetic structure.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1446 on: September 26, 2013, 09:11:36 am »

“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: September 26, 2013, 09:12:47 am »

No! No! I meant regular blood! From a steak or something! Not wench blood! Fuck! What the fuck! What the fuck is this figurehead shit anyway?! How the hell is it supposed to fight!? Fuck!

As for the wench, cogify her. Jamming metal into one's body does not tamper with his genetic structure.
I wouldn't risk doing that, really.

Pseudo edit: well, I think that she will suffice

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: September 26, 2013, 09:14:29 am »

Oh well that sounds pretty badass actually.

4 f-bombs. An no leave char..whatever her name was alone. Don't cogify her unless we do something with the kids. Let's give them at least ONE normal human around them. Besides i don't want a freak accident like psysquid around them.

Cattani

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: September 26, 2013, 09:15:41 am »

I wouldn't risk doing that, really.

Pseudo edit: well, I think that she will suffice

Maybe she don't need to be cognified. It's not like we're sending her on missions. But if people want that, so be it. I just think we should find those cognification enhancers Psysquid told us some pages ago.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: September 26, 2013, 09:19:59 am »

Yep, we should get them some time.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: September 26, 2013, 09:29:16 am »

attempt to build hammer-cogs ! If we succeed we have another specialized unit and if we fail... we don't lose much.

lolololololol @ your reaction

Oh well, a female wood golem barbarian is better than a steel piggybank.

Next time let's sacrifice a riddle and a bar of steel.

Riddle being written in Norse runes onto tanned bear/wolf hide, of course.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 09:31:20 am by Naryar »

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: September 26, 2013, 09:31:57 am »

When I say "cogify" I mean "cogify after we acquire enough bonuses for it to be extremely unlikely to fail", of course. So no cogification right now. I just feel sorry for the poor girl, she is the only one in our lair who is not happy...

4 f-bombs.

Boy, I fail absolutely epically at summoning stuff, don't I? I tried summoning a dorf, I ended up getting a whatever the hell IT was, I try summoning a barbarian, I get a thing barbarians put on the noses of their ships. What's next? I think I should just stop giving summonng suggestions.

attempt to build hammer-cogs ! If we succeed we have another specialized unit and if we fail... we don't lose much.

lolololololol @ your reaction
And I thought I'd never get to see leetspeak being used on this forum.

Anyway, let's build some hammercogs for hammertime!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 09:56:28 am by Knit tie »

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: September 26, 2013, 10:08:51 am »

I'm happy, and highly amused, at the figurehead.

See seems  somewhat Viking to me.  She could even be a Valkyrie, though without wings.  Valkyries are scary-nasty-awesome in battle, they decide who dies (the name literally means 'Choosers of the slain' - they are connected to fate and deciding who dies) and then take the souls to Valhala - the Viking-styled paradise.  And get this - they go for picking heroes in a really big way.  8))

Even if she's not a Valkyrie, she still seems Viking.  Vikings are sometimes berserkers!  Berserkers are awesome. 

Our figurehead is awesome. Simply having a figurehead is awesome.  Figureheads are known for giving their side awesome defensive bonuses - that's why you HAVE figureheads.  That's what they were carved onto the ships for - they were the eyes of the ship and helped it avoid danger, they were the personification of the ship and allowed it to find its own way.

Just having a figurehead gives me warm fuzzies.  Knit, you don't fail at summoning suggestions.  You're just going overboard.  Think small, if you want something predictable.  Think core and essence.

However, to me, Knit tie, you have NOT failed at summoning.  Sure you haven't gotten what you wanted specifically, but you've gotten awesome stuff.  At very, very very least, you've gotten stuff that we could lose without losing something better - and that is even awesome too.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: September 26, 2013, 10:12:28 am »

Next time let's use a steak, an axe and a helmet. Might get ourselves a viking-bull-thing. That'd be cool.
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 213