Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 259541 times)

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #1395 on: September 25, 2013, 12:56:18 pm »

I vote for calling a meeting with all our Dark Advisors and asking them how we could possibly find this Cheerie's lair to give them back their virus bomb.

I myself would go on a mission Cheerie is likely to go on and then find the Dark Advisor she put in charge of it and invite him back to our base for a fun game of enhanced interrogation.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: September 25, 2013, 01:19:27 pm »

-Rescue the nuclear plant mutants.
-Challenge Cheerie to a contest of "whoever trashes the HEROES organization more wins"
-Make Chemista teach the children our values, not exclusively hers.

I'm neutral about those three.  I think the first two requires a mission and cannot possibly be started this turn.  I think the third can happen at any point without harming our goals; once they're mutated we have Lord Gamington instruct them in our values, with or without dance as another facet of the instruction.

-Take revenge on Psysquid. Pass a law that everyone must be nice to Psysquid or something.
-1.  All we need to do to control him is to be clear and specific.  True punishment, which is what you request, is utterly undeserved.  What has he done?  Followed our lead, simply imperfectly?  That is NOT something to 'correct' and attempt to prevent from happening again.  The most I feel is anywhere close to 'needed' is to suggest he have a 'reminder' from Lord Gamington about style and standards.  No other rules, no other punishments of any sort, and no especial publicity about the lecture.  However, I don't feel this is needed yet.  If you don't want him to be him in some way, state clearly what he's not to do; I bet that is plenty to make sure it happens, especially with a side suggestion that the best kinds of punishment come from not pushing us in those specified directions at all.

-Summon a demonic barbarianwhatever comes from those materials, as previously stated.
-Build more guardogs.

+1, but I cannot help but remember we were told to focus on what we are giving, not on what we want to get.

I vote for calling a meeting with all our Dark Advisors and asking them how we could possibly find this Cheerie's lair to give them back their virus bomb.

+1, with leanings towards finding out more about what she is doing/how she is doing it/how she can be interfered with than just and only specifically where she is, which is also useful.  Lets decide what to do about it once we have found it though?

Rescue the mutants, if possible.

Make an announcement on the news that we will meet with Cheerie if she tells us the place of the rendezvous

She does not have the tracking system due to choosing to abduct the plastic surgeon and explode the nuclear power plant instead. Unless she can send her minions onto three missions at once. In which case she has already found out the location of our base.

I generally like your suggestions, but I don't lean towards these.  The mutants are kinda all over the place around where that reactor was and downwind of there, unless you mean rescuing the ones in Cheerie's service - I think that's 'a select when shown as a mission kind of thing'.... and a rather endgame for this chapter sort of mission, considering where we have to go to rescue those.

Any such announcement would mean don't go there, probably for her and us.  How many heroes do you think would show?  If our standards allowed, that would be a great place to have previously planted the viral bomb or something to detonate when we're supposed to be there, but that's not our way.

And are we really sure that tracking radio thingy can find anything, especially our base, that instantly and easily?  We don't actually know that she has, like us, two or more vehicles for doing missions.  There could even be a third 'I will be Overlord' contender...
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: September 25, 2013, 01:21:39 pm »

Damn, i'm away for a day and everyone ignores/misses the hint. GODDAMNIT.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: September 25, 2013, 01:24:25 pm »

Damn, i'm away for a day and everyone ignores/misses the hint. GODDAMNIT.
Everyone got the hint. They just decided they didn't want to go in on it.

Also, the radio tracker is just a thing that tracks things that send out a specific radio signal. Or if it's a good one, any radio signal, provided it's in range and it's duration is long enough.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: September 25, 2013, 01:29:13 pm »

"Cerulean slowly surfs near him, trying to coax him out of his 'boxed' in state of arms around his knees and face pressed against his thighs, but to no avail.
Cerulean pouts, then ruffles the boy's head.
You watch as the little rascal angrily stomps off to another corner.
Like a game of cat and mouse, the scene repeats itself for a few times until, tired, the boy simply lets Cerulean ruffle his hair as he remains quietly in his 'boxed' state."

I thought that was adorable that a goo girl wants to get it on with a human boy. lol

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: September 25, 2013, 01:32:17 pm »

Hmmmm......
So if we don't do missions, Cheerie steals them instead, and their bonuses? Damn, at least she didn't seem to do the Radio Tracker.....

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: September 25, 2013, 01:38:22 pm »

I'm pretty sure that if we did them, we'd have gotten in conflict with her forces. Doubt we get first picks.

Travisplo

• Bay Watcher
  • Lich with Bumps of grandeur! The Necromonsieur!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: September 25, 2013, 01:39:34 pm »

I wonder... what was the costume of the silver mechanism?
Heh, I posted that as a joke. Then again, this is Bay12 and this plan is crazy enough to work...
Bump all day, bump all night, yeah this thread needs a bump alright!

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: September 25, 2013, 02:03:03 pm »

Idea about Psysquid: assign the succubi to him. That way he will stop being such a weirdo.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: September 25, 2013, 02:10:20 pm »

Idea about Psysquid: assign the succubi to him. That way he will stop being such a weirdo.

Maybe we should make a female psysquid?

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: September 25, 2013, 02:11:26 pm »

A squid succubi!

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: September 25, 2013, 02:29:11 pm »

A squid succubi!

This isn't japanese hentai stuff tom! this is cannabal squid playing with a female squid {lets hope they don't eat each other ewww}, that's all.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: September 25, 2013, 02:34:44 pm »

Ok, but an antropomorphic squid needs another antropomorphic squid as a partner, I suppose.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: September 25, 2013, 03:08:48 pm »

What change are you hoping to get out of Psysquid?

My interpretation of him is that he is quite, quite content with how things are.  Some people enjoy denial and being refused.  He has made -no- attempt to be genuinely successful in finding a partner that we have observed.  He also has made attempts to be genuinely successful at getting the actual interactions and attentions that he does want, and he appears HIGHLY successful at achieving gaining what he does want.  Ergo, he does not want an actual partner, at least not yet.  If he did, he would make highly effective strides in that direction. 

Remember, he has (hopefully always off camera) access to our forces, some of which are exceptionally willing and widely interested in 'whatever', whatever that might be.  Whatever his assumed unmet desires are - if he actually wants them met, I really, really think they are met.

So if Psysquid's fine (and I really think he is), then what matters is whatever we want.  Or is there something people want Psysquid to stop doing entirely?  Is there something you want to see him do?

In this case, I think it's better, unlike the SAD system, to actually say what you want, instead of just making suggestions that might achieve it.

Or, if what you want is the results from manipulating his currently-satisfactory-to-him-and-under-his-control-lovelife, then carry on.  But I'm -1 about that ideal.  ::)
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: September 25, 2013, 03:11:22 pm »

I just wanted to get him someone who can pay attention to him so that he doesn't go arond doing those creepy and pervert things.
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 213