Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 259251 times)

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #1320 on: September 24, 2013, 02:22:53 pm »

You build four Guardogs.

It's late at night, and everyone else is sleeping by the time the four Guardogs roll out. Since you used your summoning for the Blorble, you head over to finish your sleep -thankfully devoid of dreams- back in your bed. You pass by the 'nursery' room, where giant pillows now each hold a sleeping children, with Cerulean snoring softly in the middle of it, five little forms sleeping on her as if she were just another jiggling pillow.

It's a teeth-rotting scene of cuteness.
Hopefully it won't last.

Chemista is still working at her laboratory however, and when you head over she gives you a quizzical glance. "Yes, your evilness?"
"Doing a late-nighter?"
"Of course," she acquiesces.
"You know," you remark dryly, "For a tiny instant, I had this stray thought of you being my mother somewhat...but it's just a stray thought, right?"
"Of course," Chemista chuckles dryly, "I'm old, but not that old. Didn't I tell you my story once already? I must have forgotten then..." she sighs, "I was a chemist working on a Mindium-related projected with a few other top-notch elites. The mineral had just then been discovered, and we all wanted to be the first to make a breakthrough and get the prize-money. I was the one who thought about grating the mindium into a thin powdery substance and then using a chemical fluid known as...goo," she brings up her gelatinous right hand, "To ease absorption into the skull and subsequently the brain. It worked, I got the prize money, and my assistant aptly decided I had to be flung into the grinder."
Chemista chuckles. "You have no idea how much it fucking hurts to be ground down to paste by giant slicing blades that move at beyond mach two of speed, while remaining alive as your every cell is filled with the very same goo you created."
She awkwardly looks sideways. "I was a mush flesh and blood pudding by the time the grinder stopped...but I was still alive," she sing-sung, "And so I plopped out of the vat and killed the bastard with a well placed usage of a Mindium shard...pierced his head, smashed him on the ground, feasted on his entrails...you know the drill. I was a bit angry, maybe that's why I actually sliced his guts apart."
She hums thoughtfully. "I was a monster, and killing someone made me automatically 'not-a-hero'. So I ended up becoming a refuse of society. With the prize money I bought myself a nice little boat, which I later upgraded. With my form I stole from banks solo first, and then I began to get help from a few critters here and there...slowly I became known as the Evil Overlordess Chemista and, at the height of my power...I did the most diabolical thing any Evil Overlord before me failed to do..."
She chuckled, "I killed THE Hero's mother soon after his birth."
She clicks her tongue then, "Unfortunately your father did intervene," she shrugs, "And I couldn't finish the deal. But well...that's all in the past, your evilness."
"Wait," you blink. "You killed my mother?"
"No, I killed Silver's mother. You, Incognito...well, yes, if we want to be nitpicky I grew you, I molded you, I trained you and gave you everything to let you start off...you are my son in all but blood and flesh, in the end."
"You didn't mutate me," you say then. "Why?"

Chemista hums. "Why? Is there really a need for a reason? You're human because it's your choice. I never lied about your utter freedom of choice Incognito. If you want to mutate, I can inject you just like anyone else. If you want to be Cogified, I'll call Psysquid and send him down...I'm not lying, I'm not good at telling lies. Subtle manipulations of the truth? Yes. Lies? Nope."

"You killed my mother."
"Yes," she rolls her eyes. "You don't even remember her, you couldn't in any case."
"Did you know I was taken in by the orphanage once?"
"Yes," she shrugs, "That was plan number two to get rid of you. Don't give me that look. You were the past THE Hero's child. It was easy to believe you'd be the next THE Hero. Killing you off would have solved the problem, but I wanted your father broken...I wanted him to realize the wrongdoings he was committing with his HEROES association...so I sent you at the orphanage, mind-controlling the Orphanage's caretaker to grab you too along the way...after my minions killed all of your caretakers of course. You know, I think that at attempt nineteen they simply stopped giving you nannies and directly assigned you Knighthowl."
You close your eyes.
"Really?"
"Yes."
You sigh.
"Anything else, your evilness?"
"My...mother, how did you kill her?"
"Mind-controlled the nurse to slice her throat. Would have bashed your head too but...alas, your father held you and he wasn't the Silver Mechanic for nothing."

You do excuse yourself for the night however.

Then, grabbing some cameras and a magical crystal -without forgetting a microphone and some tape- you throw it all in the SAD system. The moment a metallic pole emerges -with a camera in place of its head- you know you got the right thing.

You summoned a Camerathing!

It clicks and starts recording.
"IT'S A BEAUTIFUL STARRY NIGHT AND THE EVIL OVERLORD IS SO BEAUTIFUL THE SKY ITSELF PALES IN COMPARISOOONNNNNNN EVERYONEEEE BOW TO THE OVERLOOORRRRDDDD INCOGNITOOOOOOOOO!"
yelling that out at the top of its -not existing- lungs, the Camerathing begins to tip-tap.
"OVERLORD! OVERLORD! ALL HAIL THE OVERLORD!
TO YOU WE BOW! OVERLORD!
YOU ARE OUR LORD!
OVERLORD! OVERLORD!
WE SING YOUR PRAISE OH MIGHTY LORD!
SMITE OUR FOES THAT ARE GOOD!
FOR YOU ARE THE OVERLORD!
AND YOU WILL KILL EVEN THEIR MOOD!
Oh OVerlord, oh Overlord, for you our stars shine brightlyyyy...
oh overlord, oh overlord, we all love your sparklyyyyy...
oh overlord, oh overlord, I thin you're very prettyyyyy..."
"Enough," you snap your fingers and the thing goes quiet.
Then you exhale in relief. Blessed silence, once more.

And you promptly go to sleep.

Only to wake up the next morning to the sound of children wailing and screaming, as Cerulean yells. "THE WATER DOESN'T HURT! COME ON, Timmy, Jimmy, Ginny, Gummy! It's your turn now!"
There's laughter and pit-pat of feet out of your room.
You're actually tempted to simply keep on sleeping.
Really tempted.

You are now in Upkeep

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: September 24, 2013, 02:29:34 pm »

Breakfast. Figure out stuff we can improve on (perhaps more bedrooms, in case some of them prefer their privacy or to avoid more fuzzy warm candyfloss feelings rotting our teeth away). NAP TIME! If we NEED to do missions, we can make sure we get up in time with an alarm clock.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: September 24, 2013, 02:33:38 pm »

I think we need to solve this kid situation fast. Either mutated, or gone.

An evil overlord's lair is not the most OSHA compliant place.

On a side note, we appear to have summoned the spirit of Broadway Past.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: September 24, 2013, 02:42:37 pm »

Breakfast. Figure out stuff we can improve on (perhaps more bedrooms, in case some of them prefer their privacy or to avoid more fuzzy warm candyfloss feelings rotting our teeth away). NAP TIME! If we NEED to do missions, we can make sure we get up in time with an alarm clock.
Yep. +1

Cattani

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: September 24, 2013, 02:43:36 pm »

I'm pretty sure the hint about Cheerful's base was "radioactive tower ready to explode" and not laughter. Laughter would hardly do for a hint, it can be anywhere from a circus to a playground to a park...
And we should give the kids that Evil "Mind-opening Superexplanation of Everything".

We should start cooperating more on our dreams to get all information we can. We may have developed a resistance to mindium, and that Cheerful has been thought some new kind of experiment. Also she got scorched in that incident, so I would not be surprised if she turn out being like Mira Han from the Starcraft series (like, half-burned with an electronic vision device for an eye, pink hair and creepy laughter like the Joker).

We also need to make a full test for our Cog Armour. We don't really know how long it can stay summoned, how much punishment it can withstand or if it has weapons we can use (or if we can add some for that matter). I would suggest upgrading the base with a Combat Testing Chamber to understand the full potential of our abilities as well as that of our Advisors. We can use it to test our new summoned units and mutations as well.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: September 24, 2013, 02:45:13 pm »

The problem with dream-cooperation is that it's entirely possible we'll be getting a Silver Mechanism to the face instead of reading pages from a book. If we can get a message to Knighthowl, we might be able to find more information if he can find any more Mindium problems.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: September 24, 2013, 02:50:07 pm »

We also need to make a full test for our Cog Armour. We don't really know how long it can stay summoned, how much punishment it can withstand or if it has weapons we can use (or if we can add some for that matter). I would suggest upgrading the base with a Combat Testing Chamber to understand the full potential of our abilities as well as that of our Advisors. We can use it to test our new summoned units and mutations as well.
Duration: 2 turns. Effect: +14 bonus. Already stated by the GM.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: September 24, 2013, 02:55:02 pm »

We should also reply to Cheerie, telling her we accept her challenge of authority.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: September 24, 2013, 03:03:14 pm »

Chemista is still working at her laboratory however, and when you head over she gives you a quizzical glance. "Yes, your evilness?"
"Doing a late-nighter?"
"Of course," she acquiesces.
"You know," you remark dryly, "For a tiny instant, I had this stray thought of you being my mother somewhat...but it's just a stray thought, right?"
"Of course," Chemista chuckles dryly, "I'm old, but not that old. Didn't I tell you my story once already? I must have forgotten then..." she sighs, "I was a chemist working on a Mindium-related projected with a few other top-notch elites. The mineral had just then been discovered, and we all wanted to be the first to make a breakthrough and get the prize-money. I was the one who thought about grating the mindium into a thin powdery substance and then using a chemical fluid known as...goo," she brings up her gelatinous right hand, "To ease absorption into the skull and subsequently the brain. It worked, I got the prize money, and my assistant aptly decided I had to be flung into the grinder."
Chemista chuckles. "You have no idea how much it fucking hurts to be ground down to paste by giant slicing blades that move at beyond mach two of speed, while remaining alive as your every cell is filled with the very same goo you created."
She awkwardly looks sideways. "I was a mush flesh and blood pudding by the time the grinder stopped...but I was still alive," she sing-sung, "And so I plopped out of the vat and killed the bastard with a well placed usage of a Mindium shard...pierced his head, smashed him on the ground, feasted on his entrails...you know the drill. I was a bit angry, maybe that's why I actually sliced his guts apart."
She hums thoughtfully. "I was a monster, and killing someone made me automatically 'not-a-hero'. So I ended up becoming a refuse of society. With the prize money I bought myself a nice little boat, which I later upgraded. With my form I stole from banks solo first, and then I began to get help from a few critters here and there...slowly I became known as the Evil Overlordess Chemista and, at the height of my power...I did the most diabolical thing any Evil Overlord before me failed to do..."
She chuckled, "I killed THE Hero's mother soon after his birth."
She clicks her tongue then, "Unfortunately your father did intervene," she shrugs, "And I couldn't finish the deal. But well...that's all in the past, your evilness."
"Wait," you blink. "You killed my mother?"
"No, I killed Silver's mother. You, Incognito...well, yes, if we want to be nitpicky I grew you, I molded you, I trained you and gave you everything to let you start off...you are my son in all but blood and flesh, in the end."
"You didn't mutate me," you say then. "Why?"

Chemista hums. "Why? Is there really a need for a reason? You're human because it's your choice. I never lied about your utter freedom of choice Incognito. If you want to mutate, I can inject you just like anyone else. If you want to be Cogified, I'll call Psysquid and send him down...I'm not lying, I'm not good at telling lies. Subtle manipulations of the truth? Yes. Lies? Nope."

"You killed my mother."
"Yes," she rolls her eyes. "You don't even remember her, you couldn't in any case."
"Did you know I was taken in by the orphanage once?"
"Yes," she shrugs, "That was plan number two to get rid of you. Don't give me that look. You were the past THE Hero's child. It was easy to believe you'd be the next THE Hero. Killing you off would have solved the problem, but I wanted your father broken...I wanted him to realize the wrongdoings he was committing with his HEROES association...so I sent you at the orphanage, mind-controlling the Orphanage's caretaker to grab you too along the way...after my minions killed all of your caretakers of course. You know, I think that at attempt nineteen they simply stopped giving you nannies and directly assigned you Knighthowl."
You close your eyes.
"Really?"
"Yes."
You sigh.
"Anything else, your evilness?"
"My...mother, how did you kill her?"
"Mind-controlled the nurse to slice her throat. Would have bashed your head too but...alas, your father held you and he wasn't the Silver Mechanic for nothing."

Chemista is officially the most pants-wettingly terrifying mother ever.

I still like her, though. Maybe we should get Incognito to start calling her "Mother" and see how funnily she reacts ?

I would suggest upgrading the base with a Combat Testing Chamber to understand the full potential of our abilities as well as that of our Advisors. We can use it to test our new summoned units and mutations as well.

+1, do that. We'll be able to improve the performance of our minions (experience system?) and test them for battle as well.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: September 24, 2013, 03:04:43 pm »

We should also reply to Cheerie, telling her we accept her challenge of authority.
Don't think so. Upstart troublemakers are best left alone. There's nothing they hate more.

If we take her challenge, the first thing she notices should be our army on her doorstep. (Actually, our army walking over the smoking remains of hers.)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: September 24, 2013, 03:06:21 pm »

I say that our greatest priority right now is to improve the accomodation of our base so that all of our children fit.

Also, we should do that super-convincing speech to get the children definitely to our side.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: September 24, 2013, 03:08:33 pm »

I say that our greatest priority right now is to improve the accomodation of our base so that all of our children fit.

Also, we should do that super-convincing speech to get the children definitely to our side.
We upgrade to a larger canteen for the mooks not so long ago, it will suffice.

Besides, quite a few of them won't stay.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: September 24, 2013, 03:13:52 pm »

Why? Are you assuming that we won't be able to convince them all?

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: September 24, 2013, 03:15:06 pm »

Why? Are you assuming that we won't be able to convince them all?
No, just that some may die by failed cog-mode or mutation.

Even if we have large bonuses a 1 is still a critical miss.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: September 24, 2013, 03:15:58 pm »

The mutagen procedure is not without risk.

And besides, we now that if we mutate or cogify them, they'll be mainly mooks or monsters. Doubt we're going to get 20 dark minions.

Now, I haven't looked lately, but the survival rates for Mooks/Monsters weren't that great.
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 213