Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 259230 times)

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #1305 on: September 24, 2013, 11:49:11 am »

Keyholes exist for a reason.

What if the door does not have a keyhole?

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: September 24, 2013, 11:54:20 am »

Repeat tactic 'sit on floor and refuse to cooperate'.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: September 24, 2013, 11:58:11 am »

Open the door.

We need context and fluff on our pre-Evil Overlord behavior, and if these dreams can give us insight into Cheery Cheerie or whatever this mere obstacle is called, then we should accept them.

We'll probably need this info to get rid of her effectively.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: September 24, 2013, 12:01:18 pm »

Cheeries' hint on her lair: Laughter
I vote we ransack circus' and comedy clubs.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: September 24, 2013, 12:01:34 pm »

Open the door.

We need context and fluff on our pre-Evil Overlord behavior, and if these dreams can give us insight into Cheery Cheerie or whatever this mere obstacle is called, then we should accept them.

We'll probably need this info to get rid of her effectively.

Maybe even have a tearful reunion with our former love interest as we reprogram her into obedience.

Cheeries' hint on her lair: Laughter
I vote we ransack circus' and comedy clubs.

I thought it was something about radioactive towers.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1310 on: September 24, 2013, 12:30:10 pm »

You decide to open the door.
The door's handle slowly creaks open, as you watch a young -he is giving you the back- man in his early teens with bright silver hair standing next to a woman wearing a loose cheerleader outfit. In front of both, stands a massive steel and diamond golem, his massive size easily dwarfing that of everyone else in the room, but also a grey haired man holding on to a walking stick and keeping its icy blue eyes settled on the form of Silver.

"What do you mean, there was a mistake?" the girl remarks. "I'm meant to be a hero, I know that!"
"It's not about that, girl, I couldn't care less," the old man turns to the boy. "Silver, you're coming with me back home."
"Uh? But..."
"They took you at the park, the imbeciles who did this have already been punished..." he dryly states. "We'll just have to re-dose you."
"Redose?" the girl asks.
"Yes," the man acquiesces. "Another dose of Mindium for both should work. You'll forget about meeting him, and Silver will forget about this stunt at the orphanage...there is no way a son of mine will be only a side-kick. You're destined for greatness, my son...not for being a whimpering kid in a stupid tight costume following being a good for nothing harlot or man wearing tight pants!"
"Silver's my side-kick! Get your own!"
"Cheer...I think it's better if...if I go," Silver murmurs. "I mean...they might..."
"NO!" Cheerful yells, gripping tightly on him. "He stays with me! YOU PROMISED!"
"I..."
"Enough," the dry thunk of the walking cane echoes in the room, and then the golem comes to life.
A highly concentrated blast of steam leaves the thing's right arm, scorching Cheer as Silver barely manages to pull her aside -albeit she is now screaming hard.
"STOP IT!" your younger self screams, "STOP IT!"
You grip at your hands. You remember wielding a wrench, right? A wrench...a wrench...a silver wrench...
Your younger self runs ahead, but the old man is actually pretty agile, twisting his body and thrusting his cane straight against your younger self's guts.
"Have her dropped in the Asylum," your father remarks as his voice turns progressively softer the more the dream seems to fade away. "They need to try that new method...correct...problems..."

You open your eyes to the living room. It is night, but this time you can hear the normal sounds of Psysquid trying to quietly tip-toe towards the kitchen's fridge for dried squid tentacles and Cerulean's soft snoring right next to you, holding her head against your shoulder.
You sweat slightly...
You remember something, and you aren't supposed to because...
Wait, Mindium...Mindium...
You snap your right fingers, and a silver wrench forms in your hand then. You blink, staring at the tool with a perplexed look as it grows, slowly morphing into a long thin sword with a wrench like handle.
Now that's interesting.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You have one hell of a headache.

You are now in downkeep.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: September 24, 2013, 12:34:51 pm »

-Build cogs
-Sacrifice blood from the wench with luxurious items

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: September 24, 2013, 12:40:18 pm »

I disagree about stopping sending Chemistra on missions entirely.

I did not think she was best for the Orphanage mission; I in fact wanted Psysquid sent, and yes, strengths and weaknesses including primarily dice rolls was a huge part why.

But I didn't protest when several people voted to send Chemista instead, and again, strengths and weaknesses is why.  I did think the Orphanage mission was going to be hard to win.  I did think we needed every possible bonus upon it.  Remember how I struggled to get every possible advantage for us, every possible cog aboard, the two sidekicks for us, I even desperately wanted our King of the Jungle (and described a way to 'use' him before the fighting started, even though this was a 'control' mission.... by the way, I cannot find where shadeknight123 told us we could not send monsters on control missions... can anyone link where he said it?   They don't help at ALL with the control roll... but that's not the only roll we face.

None the less - despite my unease, I never tried to fight Chemista being the Advisor on this mission.  But I do disagree, and very strongly, with the idea of retiring her from active missions.  I think this is a terrible and weakening choice.

Remember what we were told, when Chemista was first introduced to us -
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That dark advisor is also perfect for a few other specific things, in a way that none  of our other advisors (or other Goo-Girl) is perfect for.

I do support intelligently selecting the advisor to send on each mission, but not by rubric or knee-jerk reaction, instead I want it done intelligently and responsively, based on the actual situations occuring at the time.

Don't forget, if -we- think Chemista is too weak, we can enhance her.  I do not mean mutate her further, I mean various sorts of weapons and gadgets that can be made and given to her.  Of course - she probably already has a slew of these, and is choosing not to employ them.  She is an ex-Overlordess.  We don't know everything about her.

That doesn't mean that we cannot create an appropriate and high bonused weapon or two for her use too, one she has no reason not to use as it is in no way a 'secret'.

I am fine with her going on fewer missions.  I am fine with her going on almost no missions - if the reason is that we keep selecting someone else as better fitting to Advise on each one each time.

I am not fine with 'retiring' Chemista, with deciding now that despite her uses, and especially despite her potential, that we are done with her as anything other than fluff, upkeep services, and final base defense.  I do agree she is too valueable to risk - but we already know she has means to escape if she is losing.  I say, open mind, and think about it.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: September 24, 2013, 12:46:49 pm »

I will now forever regret not looking at our reflecion earlier. It would have given us such abilities.

We probably have developed a sort of mindium tolerance.

-Build cogs
-Sacrifice blood from the wench with luxurious items

+1

Also, I have a very stupid idea that Chemista is our mother. Regardless of that, we should ask her about mindium again. The heroes appear to be using it right and left.

And Imp, I concur entirely. I just wanted to say that sending Chemista on anything other than stealth missions is not optimal. I never suggested barring her from ever particiating in them, and I believe Shadenight said that she was "retired" only to emphasize that she is not going to kick as much ass as you would expect from an evil overlordess.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 12:52:40 pm by Knit tie »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: September 24, 2013, 12:51:01 pm »

I support what Imp said. I think that our best option wold have been Lord G, as the initial 6 damage negation would have made us keep all our enormous guardog defense bonuses.

And, yes, ask about heroes using mindium.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: September 24, 2013, 12:51:14 pm »

Try to make a transcript of the dream, and send it to Knighthowl. Say that, if Mindium has been in use by HEROES for anyone particularly troubling, he may want to warn them (although we would like as much privacy as we can reasonably get, as it would get annoying listening to the same 'SILVER YOU'RE IN THERE' speech a million times in a row).

Also, how on earth did they manage to turn Cheerie into an aspiring overlordess? Ask if, as long as it wouldn't give any risks to him, to check it out.

If possible, send a Wuffle-cog to any large, radioactive towers.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: September 24, 2013, 01:10:24 pm »

Monsters are creatures who cannot distinguish between the words 'do no damage' and 'tear a hole in the city and the space-time continuum'.

They can only do Destruction Missions, but on those they are extremely effective.
Also, it was repeated every time we tried to use a monster on a control mission.

Anyway, sacrifice some cameras, a magical crystal and some other recording equipment. We want to tape those missions.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: September 24, 2013, 01:32:57 pm »

Build some guardogs.
Get another Hydraulic Succubus.
Start to mutate/cogify the children that volunteer. More goo-girls would give us potent powers.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 01:40:55 pm by Naryar »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: September 24, 2013, 01:37:16 pm »

I veto any mutation/cogification attempt to the children until we get to know them.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: September 24, 2013, 01:48:40 pm »

Veto mutation until we get to know the children.

Give the children an intro tour about our evil organization, assign the succubi to them and have a chat with them. Then mutate.

sacrifice some cameras, a magical crystal and some other recording equipment. We want to tape those missions.
+1
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 213