Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 259356 times)

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #1290 on: September 24, 2013, 09:11:56 am »

Well the wench can be a slave. Enslaving humans is a traditional overlording practice. Besides, our succubi would probably like a slave to boss around.

Of course we ought to let the children rest beforehand. Indoctrination should always begin with the establishment of yourself as the more benevolent force.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: September 24, 2013, 09:47:21 am »

Well the wench can be a slave. Enslaving humans is a traditional overlording practice. Besides, our succubi would probably like a slave to boss around.

Of course we ought to let the children rest beforehand. Indoctrination should always begin with the establishment of yourself as the more benevolent force.
We are to have some form of standards.

And well, the only one we have that's been left is Monsters Only.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: September 24, 2013, 10:04:56 am »

We are to have some form of standards.

And well, the only one we have that's been left is Monsters Only.

I vote that we mutate/cogify the willing, making them fully aware of the risks, with full choices in the selection of mutagen or cogness they get. If they don't want to, then set up a cousin organisation and give ourselves and some trusted Dark Advisors a rota, to teach them the Standards of Evil.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: September 24, 2013, 10:26:54 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I believe we have quite a bit more sandards than just that, Ebbor.

-We care about our underlings.
-We oppose the needless cruelty and violent racism of the HEROES. We even said ourselves: "we are not cruel".
-We spare the genuinely heroic heroes (Knighthowl so far is the only one)
-We fight for peace and not to exterminate the enemy, unlike the HEROES.
-We try not to kill innocents.
"Try" being the key word here, we fail at not murdering random unlucky people very spectacularly, what with all the distraction business and feeding the rich and the fashionable to mutant beasts. But at least we tried to save as many as we could from the orphanage and both of the slaughters in which we partook, the prison break and the orphanage mission, had the HEROES' own genocidal tendencies as the catalyst. Especially the orphanage.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 10:28:36 am by Knit tie »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: September 24, 2013, 10:32:43 am »

- We care about the Dark advisors, other than that, everyone is expendable.
- Many of our actions have extremely high death numbers. Often, these are preventable.
- Which will likely remain the case. Besides, several heroes didn't get a chance to clearify their viewpoints. It's just a matter of luck whether you'll survive or not.
- Goal does not justify means. Besides, we have made no real long-term plan yet.
- Not really.  I mean, everyone knew what the effects would be when we let monstrous animals loose on a cruiseship, or a fashion outlet. And on a side note, we only saved those to recruit and not upset a younger member. If we had to actually risk our troops to rescue the children, I doubt we'd have done it.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: September 24, 2013, 10:48:46 am »

I personally think we should introctrinate the children, then mutate all that want to be cogified/mutated into the thing they want to be. The rest... indoctrinate them again and mutate them again.

Yes, we also will use child soldiers. But at least we treat them with love and respect and we would never torture them.

Use both succubi (and Cerulean... sorta) as surrogate mothers. Summon more hydraulic succubi for-

Quote from: The Mentor
Your have an excess of Mistresses. There is a word for Keepers like you...

...Wait, wrong game.

I meant for diminishing the children per succubus ratio and therefore overbook less our childcare workers.

-We care about our underlings.
-We oppose the needless cruelty and violent racism of the HEROES. We even said ourselves: "we are not cruel".
-We spare the genuinely heroic heroes (Knighthowl so far is the only one)

That yes, we genuinely and truly do.

The rest of your standards ? Not so much. Obviously we will not stop until HEROES is a smoking heap of ashes and all that who support them have removed their support, have surrendered or are dead.

and we have mostly been killing innocents right about now. That, for our convenience. So... 1, 2 and 3 definitely, but 4 and 5 ? Not so much.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: September 24, 2013, 10:52:54 am »

Ebbor, I've had this argument with Lord Bucket and I do not wish to have it again. Let's just say we have differing interpretations of Incognito's character.

But I agree with you, Naryar. We are fighting an extermination war, if only because our enemy wishes the same to us, and the absolute majority of casualties in any war are innocent people who were unlucky enough to be on the opposite side from the guys who are now shooting. So yes, 4 and 5 are what I personally wish Incognito would do but not what the collective mind of Bay Watchers and the circumstances have had him do.

We are still the lesser of the two evils, if only because we treat those on our side with genuine love and respect.

Oh, and I recently took a look at the "Tvtropes" website Shadenight mentioned and I do believe we have quite a few tropes applicable to this game. I think a page there is not a bad idea at all.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 11:05:28 am by Knit tie »

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1297 on: September 24, 2013, 11:27:32 am »

Your central security system is but the spyglasses connected to your room.
"Central Security System, activate," you state plainly, before gazing around when nothing happens. Well, it doesn't matter. You move to where the brats probably are to teach them a lesson about 'not waking the evil overlord' when he's taking a nap.
It takes nothing more than a few minutes to realize you've been walking in circles however.

"And when I'll become the prodigal and beautiful Cheerful Gal, you can be my side-kick, Silver Pompom."
"I'm never going to call myself Silver Pompom," the male voice grumbles again. "I'll be something cool, like my dad and mom! Probably...if I knew them...anyway, I'll be something smart and powerful!"
"Yeah, right," the female snorts. "The only thing you'd be good at would be cheering from the sidelines."
"Hey! That's not true..."
"Did you even manage to make a single Cog work now?"
You have a bad feeling about it, as you still your hand right in front of a door that you know isn't supposed to be there. It's a wooden door, and in your lair filled with metal...it gives off an extremely bad vibe.
"No, but I'm working on it!" the male voice replies...
You hear a ruckus from beyond the door.
"There you are, Silver!" it's a male voice, gruff and that makes your very skin shudder.
"W-who are y-"
"This will not happen again," the male voice grumbles to someone else beyond the door.
The question is...
Do you open the door?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: September 24, 2013, 11:33:52 am »

No.

Our past is the past.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: September 24, 2013, 11:34:20 am »

Might as well open the door to see our younger self, Knighthowl and whatever Cheerful Cheerie used to be before she became half-machine-half-tempura woman, probably our childhood friend.

I imagine ourselves doing so in a very obvious "Just get on with it!" vibe.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: September 24, 2013, 11:36:53 am »

Come on, don't you want to see what Cheerie used to look like? I do, because that way I'll not feel as bad when she is turned into Gorloceros chowder.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: September 24, 2013, 11:37:28 am »

But wouldn't that link us to our Hero past? I don't want that to happen.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: September 24, 2013, 11:39:12 am »

OKAY OKAY. We compromise. We open the door, then systematically butcher everyone inside.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: September 24, 2013, 11:42:26 am »

Keyholes exist for a reason.
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 213