Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 259335 times)

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #1275 on: September 23, 2013, 07:28:37 pm »

Apologies for doublepost. Is doubleplus-ungood.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 07:37:28 pm by Knit tie »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: September 23, 2013, 08:55:31 pm »

People, why don't we take the children to our cruiser? That the way they wouldn't know the location of our base.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: September 24, 2013, 02:43:12 am »

People, why don't we take the children to our cruiser? That the way they wouldn't know the location of our base.
+1

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: September 24, 2013, 03:46:31 am »

Well shit, we can only take twenty? Fuck fuck fuck.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: September 24, 2013, 05:03:46 am »

The problem with the cruiser is that... it's not here. Nor it is (probably) able to move after the sound trashing the beasts gave to it.

We COULD release all the children and wait for Psysquid to come by boat, if it does work, but that would imply fighting another bunch of "heroes". That's a lot of could and a lot of risks.

Besides, we do NOT have time. as I said beforehand, save what we can from the undefined bunch, our army and ourselves.

It seems we can't take a third option reliably. So let's go and save the children.

EDIT: BLINDFOLD THE FUCK OUT OF CHILDREN WHILE THEY ARE ON THE ZEPPELIN AND CHECK THEIR CLOTHING, POSESSIONS AND THE ZEPPELINS THEMSELVES THOROUGHLY FOR ANY TRACKING DEVICES AND UNWANTED PASSENGERS. WE ARE NOT HAVING ANOTHER KNIGHTHOWL EPISODE.

+1, and yes we need to stop bringing Chemista to missions.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 05:05:53 am by Naryar »

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1280 on: September 24, 2013, 06:22:22 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"Save the undefined and be quick about it," you exclaim, running up the stairs to reach for the overseer's office to unlock the cell doors.
The moment the Zeppelins come into view, the surviving members of your army work double time in carrying the scared and frightened children -none older than nine, it would seem- straight up the floating contraptions.
Unfortunately, space has its limits and soon...

Soon you watch as explosions rock throughout the entire orphanage, tearing it apart as chunks of concrete fall and screams rise in the air, high-pitched from the sounds of the children crying.
You start to power up the engines of your zeppelins, letting the steam-powered mechanisms clunk and thunk as you make your way out of there as fast as Evil Overlordly possible.
Within mere instants, the place falls down with thunderous crashes and explosions.
You hold little doubt anyone could have survived within it. It was...it was a slaughter.

Weather the storm

"The Brave-City orphanage was attacked, ransacked, and its gentle and caring employees," a picture of the drill sergeant smiling and wearing an apron appears on screen, "have been mercilessly slaughtered by the Evil Overlord Incognito, in a move that firmly classifies him as the biggest threat the HEROES association has ever had since the Evil Overlord [CENSORED]."
A picture of dozens upon dozens of small white coffins appear then on screen, "Following the onslaught, no children survived. The Evil Overlord fired upon the ruins with its zeppelins, tearing apart and killing what little survivors there might have been after blowing the orphanage up with everyone inside...in his acting, he has without a mistake made himself an enemy of all righteous citizens, as he is a monster without a heart who must be purged from the world! He is a cancer, a plague, a blight!" the newscaster is normally a bubbling red-haired woman, but now she takes on an angry scowl as she snarls, "This monster MUST be brought to swift Justice! For all the children, for all the future generations, the HEROES association now demands that you, citizens, and you, parents, make the ultimate sacrifice for the lives of those yet to come! Bring your children to the nearest HEROES headquarters or branch, and let us take care of training them to their full potential! THE HEROES will always triumph against evil! And everyone must do his part."

Then your own 'news' come into the air.
Unfortunately, you didn't have any of the Snail-Crew present...
Or a camera.
Twenty dressed and cleaned children stand in circle around Cerulean, who appears to be bubbling with excitement. "Let's play, all right!?"
What follows next are a few minutes of harmless playing as child after child stops being scared and starts 'yelling' and 'screaming' like any other child their age. Some seem interested in using bits and pieces of Cerulean like pudding, but she's quick enough to get those back.
She really does seem happy.
Then it's up to Psysquid to take the news with his hands gripping some papers, while wearing his bright and colorful green-spandex clothes...that now enhance his pectorals.
You bring your right hand to massage your temples as you watch the stylish monstrosity speak.

"Survivors were saved from the orphanage before the Heroes association could kill them all brutally! We of the Evil Overlord Incognito's side believe fully in equality between humans and monsters, and will fight for a better tomorrow devoid of war, famine, plague and...no, sorry, this is...who the hell wrote this!?" he throws the papers in the air, and then snaps.
"The Heroes treat their so called 'precious children' like child soldiers! DO NOT believe in the HEROES association! They will take your child, erase his memories of you, and then train him until he bleeds from his mouth and holds all of his bones broken! You must keep your children safe from the HEROES!"

And that's when static interrupts once more, and CHEERFUL CHEERIE takes the air.

"HEYYYYY I HEARD YOU DID A SLAUGHTEEERRRR! I like slaughters, they rhyme with laughters!" Cheerie laughs. "I think we need to meet up, you, me, a burning baby...maybe under the light of a radioactive tower ready to explode? Yes! I like the sound of that...how about we meet eh? And maybe we can slaughter enemies together, like pals, uh? And if I stick a claw through your guts, will you scream lots pretty please?" she giggles then, "Oh, by the way...I think it's not fun when you don't reply to me...feels like I'm talking to a wall or sumthing..."
She cocks her head to the side. "I KNOW! Let's play a game of 'catch the Overlord'! You find my lair you win, I find your lair I win! And the winning price is a final showdown between us, eh!? I've got it all ready and prepared...I delivered a nice and crisp first hint in the message I just said...HAVE FUN, AND BE CHEERFUUUUULLLL!"

And with that, she goes off the air.

The newscaster returns in the air with a narrow look. "THE HEROES ASSOCIATION WILL FIND YOU, RADIO THIEVES!"
Then Psysquid returns on screen.
"Television killed the Radio Starrrrrr!"
And with that, it's back to the normal shows.

You close the tv, exhaling as you drop your head against the back of your luxurious couch and chuckle. You did it. You really did put a wrench in the enemy's plans...

WE. WILL. BE. TOGETHER. FOREVER. AND. EVER. SILVER. YOU'RE. MINE. SILVER. SILVER. SILVEEEERRRRR.

You tremble as your eyes open wide.

You take a deep breath. There's nothing around you. It's night, and you probably fell asleep in the living room, but there's nothing around you.
Nothing.
Everything is fine.
Then the sound of small footsteps reach your ears once more.
"Mine!" you hear a child scream. Maybe the kids went out of their way and ended up somewhere they weren't meant to be -aka too close to you.
"No, it's mine!" another childish voice yells.
"MINE!"
"NO, MINE!"
"YOU MEANIE! YOu...you bully!"
"Ha! You can't do anything about that! I'm the one who gets to become a Hero! You're just a side-kick!"
the voice is now female, older.
"Yes, yes," another male voice grumbles, "Like I give a damn..."

Listen on...or find the source?

“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: September 24, 2013, 06:34:57 am »

Central security system, activate.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: September 24, 2013, 07:16:50 am »

I have a slight feeling that our ex-love interest is now Cheerful Cherrie.

+1
+1
+3
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 07:22:33 am by Naryar »

Cattani

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: September 24, 2013, 07:25:47 am »

Wait - are those Unsorted kids? I thought we've got the unsorted ones, what about this talk now?

Some evil councelliung needs to take place. These kids must know what they where doing to them (realistic speaking, not HERO-disturbed, "soldier-children-are-good" style). They need to know the tortures they had in their future (it's unsorted so probably the ones who suffered less) and who saved them from that miserable life. We also need to sort out who stays with us and who leaves, and if someone leaves, we will make them sniff ether and leave them in the outskirts of least-dangerous-town.

We need to make sure those who stays know the wrongs in the HEROES system, every one of them, before mutating/cognifying.

AND SHUT THE HELL UP CHEMISTA I DONT GIVE A FUCK IF YOU THINK WE SHOULD KILL THEM ALL.

Edit: Also, make a intercontinental rocket, attach a drawbridge to it and atom-smash every deactivated nuclear powerplants we know of.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 07:28:37 am by Cattani »

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: September 24, 2013, 08:36:37 am »

I have a slight feeling that our ex-love interest is now Cheerful Cherrie.

+1
+1
+3
+4

And Cheerie is totally our former love interest and what we are experiencing now is a flashback to when we we kids.

As for the kids, ask them if they want to be a part of our family. Then ask those who say yes what kind of mutant or cyborg do they want to be.

Also, we should appoint the former serving wench, now hopefully recovered from blood loss as the children's nanny.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: September 24, 2013, 08:39:54 am »

No, humans are not allowed as a part of our organization, except as prisoners.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: September 24, 2013, 08:42:18 am »

Mutant/fleshcog children are still children. They should be cared for by the wench and the two succubi, who I believe are in fact exemplary mothers.

And we will not keep those who wish to remain human around - we will release them somewhere safe.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: September 24, 2013, 08:47:07 am »

I meant that we should not use the wench. She is human. We don't hire humans. And I'm pretty sure that we will eventually be able to convert all the children.

+1 for succubi as mothers.
-1 for letting the children decide what they want to be yet
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 213