Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 259662 times)

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #1215 on: September 21, 2013, 01:22:00 pm »

Choose mission 1 and 2. 1 for revenge, Cerulean achieving catharsis, resources and possibly captured magical girls.

2) - We are only choosing one to be available tomorrow, not the actual missions.

OK, then mission 2.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: September 21, 2013, 01:49:33 pm »

Oh boy, I now genuinely feel bad for scolding Cerulean for killing random people. Child soldiers are almost always devoid of the ability to feel empathy and make rational decisions. They are like wounded dogs, willing to make anything to make themselves feel better, including lashing out at those they percieve as a threat to what little assets they have. Their violence is driven by a mixture of fear and desperation, not my any conscious malice, and asking Cerulean to be mature, as we have been doing so far, is similar to asking a man with a hole in his lungs to stop distracting people with his wheezing, an insensitive attempt to remove the symptoms while immediate treatment of the cause is necessary.

I am torn between missions 1 and 2.
Upgrade the zeppelin.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: September 21, 2013, 01:54:35 pm »

Oh boy, I now genuinely feel bad for scolding Cerulean for killing random people. Child soldiers are almost always devoid of the ability to feel empathy and make rational decisions. They are like wounded dogs, willing to make anything to make themselves feel better, including lashing out at those they percieve as a threat to what little assets they have. Their violence is driven by a mixture of fear and desperation, not my any conscious malice, and asking Cerulean to be mature, as we have been doing so far, is similar to asking a man with a hole in his lungs to stop distracting people with his wheezing, an insensitive attempt to remove the symptoms while immediate treatment of the cause is necessary.

So ? We've got standards. We can't have borderline-sociopathic underlings.

Besides, teaching her NOT to lose herself in vengeance is a good thing.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: September 21, 2013, 02:17:28 pm »

So ? We've got standards. We can't have borderline-sociopathic underlings.

Besides, teaching her NOT to lose herself in vengeance is a good thing.

Ah, I apologise for being unclear. I was saying that we should have used different methods to achieve the goal of not having a psychopatic murderer daughter, which I completely support. The text you have quoted referred mostly to my own thoughts about Cerulean, as I have considered her to me simply immature and not mentally unstable.

But yes, teaching her to not be vengeful is necessary.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1219 on: September 21, 2013, 03:51:58 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You go with the control mission. You don't know how highly guarded it will be, but as you give the order to upgrade the zeppelin, you can only think of one thing:
It will never be guarded enough for Incognito.

As the day passes, you watch Knighthowl leave the infirmary. He pretty much ignores everyone around him, walking with unsure feet all the way to where you are, and then chuckles grimly.
"I'll take my leave now, Silver," he replies. "When and if you get your memories back, you'll know where to find me."
"He is not getting his memories back," Chemista retorts crisply. "He is not."
"I know Silver," Knighthowl remarks, "And he is a fighter."
With that Knighthowl bids his farewell and leaves...

By the night, the upgrade is ready.
Unless you wish for fluff, we can pass to the Upkeep and the Next Day
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: September 21, 2013, 03:57:49 pm »

I don't think I want fluff, so for me is ok to go to the next day.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: September 21, 2013, 04:10:57 pm »

Yes, skip to the upkeep.

Travisplo

• Bay Watcher
  • Lich with Bumps of grandeur! The Necromonsieur!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: September 21, 2013, 04:43:38 pm »

PTW
Heh, I posted that as a joke. Then again, this is Bay12 and this plan is crazy enough to work...
Bump all day, bump all night, yeah this thread needs a bump alright!

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: September 21, 2013, 05:11:59 pm »

Go to the next day.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: September 21, 2013, 06:12:30 pm »

Next day please.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1225 on: September 22, 2013, 01:33:09 am »

The Next Day

The morning of the next day, you're already all set off for your plan of burning up people and freeing little orphans -you know you're just acting on emotions, but hey, it's Cerulean we're talking about.
You crack your neck as you head over to the breakfast table. You can summon something and build something too before departure...
Brave city isn't probably going to be a cakewalk, but the heroes won't believe you'd have the guts to attack them again so soon...
Better stock up though.

Do you summon anything?
Do you build anything?

One of your Zeppelin may now carry Twenty land units. Meaning you now can either send two zeppelins worth on one mission (Thirty land units) or one with Twenty and one with Ten.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: September 22, 2013, 01:59:24 am »

Sacrifice a bunch of gems and booze to summon something.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: September 22, 2013, 02:12:56 am »

Build more wufflecogs.
Sacrifice what is left of the dead rich people along with a cog and a magic crystal.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: September 22, 2013, 02:23:13 am »

Build more wufflecogs.
Sacrifice what is left of the dead rich people along with a cog and a magic crystal.
I'd go for guardogs actually. We have the capacity to carry them, for now.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: September 22, 2013, 02:43:26 am »

Build more wufflecogs.
I'd go for guardogs actually. We have the capacity to carry them, for now.
Wufflecogs are better at actual fighting, and there will be a lot of it in this mission.
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 213