Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 259637 times)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #1200 on: September 21, 2013, 08:28:30 am »

UPGRADES. NAOW.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: September 21, 2013, 09:04:57 am »

And just when I began to think that the heroes aren't as bad as Chemista portrays them to be...

No wonder our daughter is a murderous psychopath that is good at resisting torture.A child sodier that was taught how to be cute is still a child soldier, and Cerulean, turns out, is more psychologically fucked-up than the rest of our minions combined. Giving her a family was like giving a starving dog a bone - try to take it away and the beast snaps. We should investigate the possibility of kidnapping a psychologist for her and Psysquid. In fact, I believe the poor thing has a mutiple personality disorder: her fake cheerful one and her real one, which is dark and malicious. She doesn't need to learn how to control herself, she needs rehab!

I propose having a talk with Cerulean, in which we tell her that we love her not because she is cute but because she is our daughter and that she does not have to be adorable and cheerful if she does not want to. And if she has a dark abyss of pain and depression within her heart - which she does - she should not be afraig to let it all out. We are the "evil" side, after all, we can be gloomy if we feel like it.

As for the turn,
Turn the luxury cruiser into a backup base.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 09:38:25 am by Knit tie »

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: September 21, 2013, 10:16:13 am »

Now that i think about it... holy fuck, how broken is a little girl when she asks her adoptive dad "you're not going to starve me, dad?"

I suppose we should have to bring her as a sidekick when we assault the HEROES corp. She needs something to cope with all that fucked-up childhood and bloody revenge on those who wronged her seems just fine, else she's gonna destroy herself.

Give that kid a certitude that we're not out to make her suffer as well. Talk to her, hug her, whatever.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 10:20:49 am by Naryar »

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: September 21, 2013, 10:57:20 am »

And just when I began to think that the heroes aren't as bad as Chemista portrays them to be...

No wonder our daughter is a murderous psychopath that is good at resisting torture.A child sodier that was taught how to be cute is still a child soldier, and Cerulean, turns out, is more psychologically fucked-up than the rest of our minions combined. Giving her a family was like giving a starving dog a bone - try to take it away and the beast snaps. We should investigate the possibility of kidnapping a psychologist for her and Psysquid. In fact, I believe the poor thing has a mutiple personality disorder: her fake cheerful one and her real one, which is dark and malicious. She doesn't need to learn how to control herself, she needs rehab!

I propose having a talk with Cerulean, in which we tell her that we love her not because she is cute but because she is our daughter and that she does not have to be adorable and cheerful if she does not want to. And if she has a dark abyss of pain and depression within her heart - which she does - she should not be afraig to let it all out. We are the "evil" side, after all, we can be gloomy if we feel like it.

As for the turn,
Turn the luxury cruiser into a backup base.

Just so you know...that can't be "fixed". The way psychology and psychiatry diagnosis works is if they see that the subject {cereulem in this case} can't function in society. If they can't they try to "fix" it so that they can return to everyday life. Problem is this world is so super effed in the face with protecting itself it goes this far.  {shade are you trying to raise awareness against the NSA BTW?}

In short, theirs no way to fix her just except if you call not murder everything in your path and only those against us fixing. Other than that we may one day have to destroy her to keep her from effing up the world anymore.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: September 21, 2013, 11:05:49 am »

+1 to upgrading a zeppelin with extra cargo.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1205 on: September 21, 2013, 11:18:29 am »

"No missions...let's just upgrade the base."
Chemista nods. "Do you have any suggestions, your evilness? We can repurpose the cruiser ship as a secondary base -in case this one ends up compromised- or we can attach the floating barge to one of the zeppelin. If anything else catches your fancy that you'd like to try and build with what we have, you can just say it."
Upgrade base with what?

You then calmly walk towards Cerulean's room, only to find the door open and her not inside -of course, it's not like she's spending the entire day in there, right?
You track her down after a few moments, following the sound of her laughing and playing Dance-Dance with Gamington and Coghuahua. You stop for a moment at the entrance of the room, watching her play and move her jelly-like form on the flashing symbols.
Unfortunately the game is rigged for those with more surface that humans or that don't actually have feet -but she's enjoying herself all the same, and you actually realize Coghuahua is there to 'change' the score halfway through, rather than make the girl lose and all.

The moment the gaming moment ends, you call to her. "Cerulean!"
"Yes dad?" she smiles as she surfs closer to you, "We're going on a mission?" she asks, gazing at you.
"No," you reply calmly, "Today is upgrade day. We can spend some time together."
"Really?" she looks at you with her eyes shining. Yes, you're weak to the sparkling eyes of your daughter. That's official. "Are we going out on a picnic?"
"How about you tell me something about your day?" you start, hoping to get the conversation going. You begin walking across the lair, with Cerulean happily nodding at your words and excitedly speaking -while making grandiose exaggerations and moving her arms wide.
"I made sure the eggs were warm enough by using wuffle cogs and heaters to keep them at a constant temperature, and then I ensured Lilly was fed. German taught me how to cook, did you know he's got a knack for cooking? He went into biology because they didn't accept him at a cooking school...and then I helped mom move some crates around," she flexes her goo-like muscles. "I'm super strong!"
You nod.
"Then I talked a bit with Coghuahua -now she's all over Uncle Gamington for some reason," Cerulean roles her eyes. "Oh right, he forgave me about that thing of the past you know? We're again in good terms!" she happily announces that, clapping her hands as she holds her smile on her face.
She's still smiling by the time you reach the beach and its sandy shore.
"You know," she whispers. "I was really scared a few days ago." she looks up at you, "When mom brought me away...up on the zeppelin, I was really scared," she grips on your arm, sniffling. "But I'm glad you're safe, dad," she adds then looking at you. "You promised after all, right? Nothing's going to take you down."
"Course not," you remark puffing your chest out. "I'm Overlord Incognito. Nothing can put me down."
Cerulean giggles.
"You know," you begin then, "You don't have to smile always..."
"Uh?" she looks at you.
"I mean, you can st-"
"DON'T SAY THAT!" she screams, shrieking and putting her hands over her ears. "DON'T SAY THAT! DON'T SAY THAT! DON'T SAY THAT!"
"Cerulean? Cerulean!" you snap at her, but she retreats shaking her head.
You flick your cog-staff into existence, before giving chase.

She's clearly crying and wailing by the time you reach her in her room. She's actually hiding under a blanket.
"Cerulean, what's the matter?" you say, warily eying her.
"You were about to say that," Cerulean sniffles. "I don't want you to say that."
"Say what?"
"That. That sentence. I don't want to hear it. I...I can change dad. If you want you can mutate me further. I mean, maybe with bunny dna or something else...I'll be good! I can start cleaning around the lair like, immediately! But please don't say it...please!"
"What? What is it?"
"You can stop smiling now," Cerulean whispers, "Candidate one, you're eliminated. You can stop smiling now, candidate five, you're eliminated. YOU CAN STOP SMILING NOW! and every time I dreaded it would be my number! MY NUMBER! I was number twenty! I wasn't pretty like some of the others and I wasn't charming! I smiled and that was it! You can't tell me not to smile dad, please, please, please..."
"Calm down," you whisper, grabbing a hold of her form -which the blanket actually helps you hold. "It's all right...you don't need to stop smiling."
Cerulean crumbles in wracks of sobbing as you hush her gently. "Now, now," you murmur rocking her back and forth. "It's all right..."

DIE. DIE. DIE. DIE. DIE. DIE. DIE. DIE. DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE MINE!

You shudder as you watch Cerulean fall to sleep in your arms, before carefully dropping her gelatinous mass -which is far more difficult than it sounds- on her bed and then closing the door behind her.
You swallow the pits of nervousness in your stomach, before marching calmly towards the Evil Overlord System.
Quietly, you begin to override a few protocols.

One of the Following missions will appear tomorrow:

1) Destruction. Rampage through the HEROES Magical girl recruitment center.
2) Control. Attack the Brave-City orphanage. Free the children.
3) Mixed. Find Cerulean's remaining family.

Your choice.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: September 21, 2013, 11:26:57 am »

Upgrade zeppelin

Choose 2. Cerulean needs friends

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #1207 on: September 21, 2013, 11:37:45 am »

2, Definitely 2.
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: September 21, 2013, 11:38:00 am »

Oh holy shit. Whoever did this to Cerulean is going to pay.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: September 21, 2013, 11:47:02 am »

Oh boy i was listening to this while reading your post shadenight : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1YqfnSD1LU

Needless to say it was pretty fitting. also, I seem to be now emotionally bound to Cerulean.

Hah, the general reaction is exactly the same as when Cerulean got kidnapped. Good emotional manipulation narration, DM.

Upgrade zeppelin.

Choose mission 1 and 2. 1 for revenge, Cerulean achieving catharsis, resources and possibly captured magical girls.

2 for getting resources, humans to cogify, and avoding more gruesome stories.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 11:54:48 am by Naryar »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: September 21, 2013, 12:04:23 pm »

Ok. Upgrades.

In order of priority:
1. Attach Barge to Zepellin
2. Create a Back-up Base in the Cruise ship
3. Use our advanced metals, some magical crystals and the Radio tower to create an Enhanced broadcasting and receiving center. Allowing us to provide Mission control to important missions, and intercept hero transmissions.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: September 21, 2013, 12:06:41 pm »

Ok. Upgrades.

In order of priority:
1. Attach Barge to Zepellin
2. Create a Back-up Base in the Cruise ship
3. Use our advanced metals, some magical crystals and the Radio tower to create an Enhanced broadcasting and receiving center. Allowing us to provide Mission control to important missions, and intercept hero transmissions.
Let's do this, but in the intervals in which we don't have Psysquid's ability.

Cattani

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: September 21, 2013, 12:40:56 pm »

Upgrade zeppelin.

Choose mission 1 and 2. 1 for revenge, Cerulean achieving catharsis, resources and possibly captured magical girls.

2 for getting resources, humans to cogify, and avoding more gruesome stories.

+1. Also,
I like the idea of improved Radio facilities. I like it a lot.

Good one messing with our feels, shadenight. Interesting how people get pissed when Cerulean is involved.

Edit: Can we pin our actions at the Magical Girl Recruitment Center on that new Evil Overlord person? The competition, i mean.
Also, is B-city still in alert?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 12:47:28 pm by Cattani »

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: September 21, 2013, 12:42:44 pm »

2) - We are only choosing one to be available tomorrow, not the actual missions.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: September 21, 2013, 12:49:09 pm »

2 and MAYBE 1 because stopping the recruiting is also essential i say. If we do this it's going to be for the greater evil and a new world order.

3 would be stupid because she's psycho and wound't love the parents/family that abandoned her to a orphanage/child soldier training camp.

EDIT: whoops misread i'll go with #2
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 01:31:27 pm by 3man75 »
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 213