Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 259374 times)

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #1095 on: September 11, 2013, 05:32:52 pm »

Sacrifice a pickaxe, some bars of precious metals, some nonmagical gems, a few luxury items, a pair of socks, some tallow, a mutilated body of a rich guy, a cat, a rhesus macaque, a racoon, a barrel of boose and a bucket of vomit.

Also, ask Snowstar why he defected from the heroes. We could use the information and OOC I just want to find out what amusing quirks does he have. Unless Shadenight would rather not invent a unique personality for every semi-random minion, in which case I am happy with him remaining flat.

While the first notion is just dwarven to the extrem - and thus very deplorable, I say that gaining a second succubi does sound like a more sure-fire-way of success, and thus it is A Wench with Wrench-Blood, once more.

Else, all for asking Snowstar about his defection, and explaining Cerulean why we don't want to make her a Dark Advisor just yet.

We also might want to imply that she still has her youth ahead of her, and we want her to enjoy that important part of her personal growth.

Cattani

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: September 11, 2013, 05:38:02 pm »

i think we should give Cerulean the staff and keep her as q side-kick. Tell her we are gonna teach her about magic and when she pass a test she will be made a dark advisor. Then go to the library, get lots of books about magic and teach her. She is no use as a Dark advisor in the current state of maturity IMO.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: September 11, 2013, 06:26:29 pm »

Sacrifice a pickaxe, some bars of precious metals, some nonmagical gems, a few luxury items, a pair of socks, some tallow, a mutilated body of a rich guy, a cat, a rhesus macaque, a racoon, a barrel of boose and a bucket of vomit.

Also, ask Snowstar why he defected from the heroes. We could use the information and OOC I just want to find out what amusing quirks does he have. Unless Shadenight would rather not invent a unique personality for every semi-random minion, in which case I am happy with him remaining flat.

While the first notion is just dwarven to the extrem - and thus very deplorable, I say that gaining a second succubi does sound like a more sure-fire-way of success, and thus it is A Wench with Wrench-Blood, once more.

Else, all for asking Snowstar about his defection, and explaining Cerulean why we don't want to make her a Dark Advisor just yet.

We also might want to imply that she still has her youth ahead of her, and we want her to enjoy that important part of her personal growth.

Rationally speaking, I am all for the second succubus. I just want to go completely crazy once on the SAD system and see what comes out.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: September 12, 2013, 12:16:44 am »

+1 to keeping Cerulean a sidekick. Explain her exactly what's the problem.
+1 to cogify Chihuahua. Lord G needs a side-kick and a pretty love interest assistant.
+1 to extracting fluff out of Snowstar, unless GM is keeping him flat for a reason, as said.
+1 for second succubus. We're probably going to kill the wench at that rate, but hey we can acquire another.
Build a bigger kitchen and generally bigger minion accomodations.
Mission Idea : Destruction : Investigate on a preventive raid on the closest Peta base. Maybe we'll get more animals and medical equipment out of it?
Mission Idea : Control : Investigate on acquiring legally an hospital. We'll get medical equipment out of Chemista's wildest dreams, patients to experiment upon or convert, and other benefits, like easily convertible doctors.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 12:39:18 am by Naryar »

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1099 on: September 12, 2013, 04:23:56 am »

"My love, are you sure?" Chihuahua asks worryingly as you give a quick nod to Psysquid nearby. "I mean, don't you prefer the lillac over the vanilla for marriage?"
"Well, you see," you begin before growling at Psysquid, who snickers and then claps his hands together.
The next instant, cog bits fly in the air and slam against the woman's flesh, as sprays of blood erupt from her body.
"AHHHhhhh..." her screams die away.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And then she blinks.
"Computing...Luchadores...Computing...computing..." she looks around.
"Ctrl-Alt-Canc!" you yell at her, "Task-Manager! Erase process Marry Incognito!"
"Affirmative. Computing...Computing..."
"Create New Process: Gamington Side-Kick!"
"Computing...computing...computed." Then she opens her eyes again.
"Excuse me, your evilness, I have somewhere I need to be, ay carramba!" and with that, she clanks away towards Lord Gamington's room.
You exhale in relief.
Psysquid snickers.
"What is there to laugh about?"
"Ah unrequited love," he begins, "Such a sad thing...apparently, mind-rape works in solving the problem."
"It was self-defense!" you remark.
"Which makes it even more ironic," Psysquid states plainly.

You nod, and then slowly turn to leave.

Flashback

DIE. DIE. DIE. DIE. DIE. DIE. DIE. DIE.

Flashback End

You wince, holding on to the side of your head for a brief second.

"Your overlordness?"
"It's all right," you reply. "Everything's all right."

You head over to Snowstar, who is taking the sun near the Behemoth Catfish eggs. Those things aren't going to hatch at all if this keeps up! Really...
You then plant a hand against your face.
Of course they aren't going to hatch if someone isn't 'henning' them. You look at Snowstar. He's taking the sun, but in his mouth he seems to hold a popsicle.
"Snowstar?" you call him, and he jumps up and stands to attention.
"Yes, your evilness?"
"I have a question for you."
"Y-yes sir!"
"Why did you leave the Hero association?"
The Star-boy fidgets for a moment, before looking down on the sand. "There...there was someone I liked. We met a couple of times, but she was smitten by my 'Hero' colleague rather than me, and just used me as a stepping stone to reach him. He was Polar Star, by the way."
"Was?" you ask.
"He changed name, and became 'Icy Tundra'. She became his side-kick and I was kicked out." Snowstar shakes his head, "I tried working solo, but I never managed to 'graduate' to full-Hero. My techniques require water to be nearby, and in scorching hot places I'm not really good...the city in the middle of June or July is a desert for me." he chuckles lightly, "I also was an Albino, 'was' because I doubt I'm much of one now," he points towards his Starfish extremities. "And well, I always was sort-of weak. I called it quits after I realized I couldn't make ends meet. A guy's got to eat anyway, right?"
You nod.
"Evil has very good insurance too," he adds. "So I took the plunge."
"Very well," you nod. "This doesn't change the fact that if I see you looking at Cerulean in any way, I will kill you."
He nods vividly. "YES SIR!"
"Evil," you nod back. "Very Evil."

You then proceed to power up the SAD System, and while holding on a newspaper, you summon forth a Second Succubus!
Resource Acquired: Hydraulic Succubus!
Now you have 2 Hydraulic Succubi!

You then head towards Cerulean's room.
She's tinkering with yet another staff, but this time she doesn't appear bothered by someone watching her.
You cough, and she turns around to look at you.
The moment she does that, a Cog wearing a three-scoped visor shining green slowly zips down from the ceiling, wearing a completely black turtleneck jumper. It grabs the staff and then quickly 'zips' itself back up.
You're actually pondering if the Cogs are watching too much television nowadays.
"Cerulean, listen," you begin, "You are not ready to become a Dark Advisor. You cannot underestimate the effect of power. It corrupts you."
"B-But," Cerulean replies, "If...If I had power, then I wouldn't have been captured, right dad? And if I had power, then I could help you more! And...And I mean, we're going up against the HEROES association...don't we need more power?"
Incognito smiles gently at her, before beckoning her closer. Cerulean slinks forth hesitantly, but you just pat her on the head.
"You don't need to worry about that, Cerulean," you reply. "I'm not going anywhere."
She nods, before turning to look at the...missing staff.
"THAT SON OF A B-!"
Your eyes widen at such crude terms, and Cerulean brings a hand to her mouth in shock too.
"CERULEAN!"
"What!? Sorry! It's just...well, I've heard Chemista swear a couple of times and..." she blushes and look sideways. "It's just...my staff keeps on disappearing! I don't know what to say...it's like there are ghosts going around here!"
*Mission Impossible Theme starts to play in the background*
You look to the ceiling, where a Cog is perfectly hidden within the clockwork. It actually gives you a thumb-up.
"Well, don't worry. I'm sure they'll stop...don't try and grow up too fast. You're still a kid," with that said, you watch as she gives you a quick hug, before returning to her 'working' desk.
As a side-mental note, you'll institute a swear jar.

You are in Upkeep. Do you have three questions for Knighthowl?
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: September 12, 2013, 05:45:15 am »

What does he know about the organization and administration of the HEROES corp ?
Does he know about other old, defeated (but still alive) ex-Evil Overlords, like Chemista ?
What info does he have about other, still active Heroic Heroes ?

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: September 12, 2013, 06:48:30 am »

Hey, can we do something with the Splinter Cell cog? Because it is amazing.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: September 12, 2013, 09:25:07 am »

Hey, can we do something with the Splinter Cell cog? Because it is amazing.

Well, make him half-flesh so you can mutate him with squid mutagen. Extra squid stealth + Splinter Cell cog = win.

Besides, it would be interesting to see if squid mutagen is different from Psysquid mutagen. Maybe we can make an army of psychic, stealthy Minisquids ? Or goo-ify every female scientist we come across, and cog-ify or minisquid-fy every security guard we come across ?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 09:28:51 am by Naryar »

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: September 12, 2013, 10:05:33 am »

What does he know about the organization and administration of the HEROES corp ?
Does he know about other old, defeated (but still alive) ex-Evil Overlords, like Chemista ?
What info does he have about other, still active Heroic Heroes ?

+1

Also, produce more wufflecogs and prepare ourselves for inevitable emergence of extremely traumatic memories. Flashbacks are never a good sign. Especially the ones that occur at the mention of unrequited live and consist exclusively of the word DIE.

EDIT: Remember about the wench and assign her to catfish hatching duty.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 10:10:30 am by Knit tie »

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: September 12, 2013, 10:32:47 am »

What's the HEROES Relationship with the cops,special forces, and the rest of the "normal world" {{politicians, regular people, buisness, and whatever else}}.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: September 12, 2013, 10:34:51 am »

About who can we assign to catfish hatching, why not Cerulean? That way she could prove how responsible she is.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: September 12, 2013, 11:15:22 am »

About who can we assign to catfish hatching, why not Cerulean? That way she could prove how responsible she is.
+1. Give Cerulean catfish egg care as a job, and to thank her let her keep the 2 catfishes as pets, and we will keep them as a breeding pair.

also... I must say, we haven't been attacked a lot for all the shit we pulled. Investigate a way to detect or quantify the threat the heroes pose to our lair, or an early-warning system for attacks on our lair.. Magic/psionic radar or something like that.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 11:22:41 am by Naryar »

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1107 on: September 12, 2013, 12:03:30 pm »

Knighthowl seems definitively better -a net improvement over how he was in the beginning.
"The HEROES association is formed of echelons, which are in turn based upon the ranks within the 'organization'. THE Hero is the De Facto 'General in Chief' of the organization. He guides the Heroes on the Quest to Defeat the Overlord. The leader of the Organization is instead the retired THE Hero, who fought before. Once the 'change of the guard' happens, the 'Director' leaves the spot and goes...well, I suppose your grandfather went fishing or something."
He mulls over the next question for a moment, before answering.
"Well, the HEROES are above the other 'Good' forces. A Hero is outside the normal laws, because they embody the ideals of Justice, Bravery, Super-Humanity and Heroic Spirit. Heroes are natural commanders or leaders on the field."
He frowns at your next question.
"I'm afraid I can only tell you little. All Overlords that are defeated are burned out of history, their names forgotten and their deeds abolished. Being creatures of evil, it is the natural state of affairs...I know this, however," he looks at you, "The difference in power between an Overlord and a Heroic Hero is such that only the presence of The Hero in a party of Heroes can outwit it. Overlords always find a way to escape when not confronted by THE Hero. At the same time, an Overlord who shows himself many times attracts unwanted attentions...and eventually, a THE Hero is born anew to fight the menace off."
You nod.
"What of...still active Heroic Heroes?"
"Ah..." Knighthowl chuckles, "You should not worry much, Silver. I am among the strongest, but only few equal or beat me. The rest of Heroic Heroes have...qualms, with specific evils. They specialize in dealing with them. Super Steel for example...he is stronger than me. Then there are others...I think I recall a certain Rustman. He would probably be the death of all your cogs, should you meet him in battle. At the same time, they have their weaknesses."
He coughs lightly. "I'm not going to tell you what they are however. My personal honor is that all battles should be met head on after all..."
"You really can't?"
"Well...a Heroic Hero cannot break. Some things might enrage it," he pointed out chuckling, "But there is something all Heroic Heroes share that is also their downfall."
"What is it?"
"They never surrender, Silver. The change their objectives, change their targets, change their way of doing good but...they never surrender."
"You surrendered."
"Me? No, Silver. I am just waiting. I will wait indefinitely for the day when Silver Mechanism will awake once more...and that day, I will come back and fight at your side once again."
"There is only Incognito here now," you remark.
"Ah but, Silver, you are more than just an Evil Overlord...you have Standards now, don't you? And that means...you have a conscience. You have Guilt. You have...regret."
You turn around and leave, closing the door sharply behind you.

Cerulean is actually happy at the prospect of 'henning' the eggs.
You believe it's because she'll get to 'pet' them.
The Liondor is slightly jealous, and takes to 'chomping' on her hair every five seconds.

Psysquid arrives then, coughing politely and opening up the scrolls for the missions.

The City Chosen is...SUPER CITY!

Choose your mission
1) Urgent Delivery. Urgently Deliver! Control. "Uhm...this is interesting," Pysquid remarks. "Apparently, the urgent delivery has a giant floating 'barge' pulled by a flying Hero. We could acquire the Barge and tie it to a zeppelin. It would increase the number of transportable minions for a single Mission up to Twenty."
Flying Hero Present. Moderate chance of Guards present. Resource Acquirable: Secret Cargo! Floating Barge!
2) They told me I was gonna be a star! A superstar! Mixed. "Ah, the beautiful gleaming lights of Super City," Psysquid smiles, "I once had a sister who tried to 'break' in their fashion stations. Literally, since she was a no-fur activist. Apparently, our Channel could use some famous star as a conductor -other than me of course- and who better than a backwater peasant who wanted to become famous and failed? Let's enter a B-rank talkshow and steal a conductor or two!" Low Chance of Hero present. Security Present. Low Chance of Special Forces Present.
3) Tear. Rip. Rend...Sewn? Destruction. "We need better stuff! Let us get better stuff!" Psysquid exclaims, "We have luxury and money! Let's get STYLE! Let us Assault a fashion designer's outlet and come out with exquisitely evil clothes!" Resource Acquirable: Evil-Approved Clothings!

“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: September 12, 2013, 12:13:10 pm »

1 and 3 seems to be the best. I really want a bigger army on the field at all times.

An come on who DOSEN"T want  some new clothes?

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: September 12, 2013, 12:19:10 pm »

1 and 3 seems to be the best. I really want a bigger army on the field at all times.

An come on who DOSEN"T want  some new clothes?
+1

Destruction mission: Team cog and all the monsters

Control: Psysquid, Snowstar, Hunter, cogs and wuffle-cogs, maybe even succubi
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 213