Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 259211 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #1080 on: September 11, 2013, 10:01:20 am »

No giving staff to Cerulean. She's not ready.

Also go and look for Psysquid to prevent him from doing something stupid.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: September 11, 2013, 10:12:14 am »

No giving staff to Cerulean. She's not ready.

+1

Cerulean is good as a side-kick. Sure enough, Chemista would have made her the new Overlord if we would have bailed from the decision back with Knighthowl, but her methods are at least very questionable. Either way, I see not that much sense in making her a dark advisor, especially when we have enough of them already - and a good mixture of types. If we get some lucky roles, we will gain a few new ones anyway...

Else, sure enough. Keep Mr. Casanova at bay.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: September 11, 2013, 10:16:55 am »

Practically speaking, promoting Cerulean will give us our third combat-capable dark advisor, with at least +6 bonus as per the magical girl rules. And her being advisor does not mean that we will send her on suicide missions or even alone - we can go with her.

In fact, why don't we ask Chemista her thoughts on the matter?

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: September 11, 2013, 11:19:32 am »

EDIT: realise that the flickering wall was Psysquid and then find him and tell him that it is an extremely stupid idea to go and steal mindium on his own. Especially since we aren't going to murder innocents like it's the grim darkness of the far future any more for a distraction.

and then I thought it was merely Psysquid stalking Chemista because he wants her in his squiggly, tentacley arms. Nevertheless, it may be something else...

Put the lab and the surroundings of the lab under permanent watch by a few cogs via the security "camera" system. We need to know what our minions do when we sleep, after all.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: September 11, 2013, 11:21:46 am »

Now that I remember, we should make more cogs. Maybe guardian ones?

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: September 11, 2013, 11:41:13 am »

Now that I remember, we should make more cogs. Maybe guardian ones?

Yes, make guardogs.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: September 11, 2013, 12:08:13 pm »

I am tentatively alright with making Cruelean an Advisor - however I have several reservations.

It would bring us to 4 advisers.  That could allow us to rest an advisor between each mission, since we now send them two per upkeep.

And we have two remaining sidekicks, right?  German and Snowstar?

That means that these sidekicks do not get breaks between upkeeps, assuming breaks are actually needed.  Getting a few more sidekicks would be nice, especially if we mean to promote one.

She is a kid, and like many damaged kids, she is ruthless and cruel; simple, straightforward, and direct.  These are also all flaws - and rather heroic ones that heros tend to be good at recognizing and attempting to use against someone.  I am not convinced these are flaws we want to knowingly and purposefully select for an advisor to have.

When a sidekick makes an error of judgement, it's expected and often naturally countered by the adviser that leads them.  When that advisor makes the same errors, there is no extra saving throw.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: September 11, 2013, 01:25:07 pm »

Practically speaking, promoting Cerulean will give us our third combat-capable dark advisor, with at least +6 bonus as per the magical girl rules. And her being advisor does not mean that we will send her on suicide missions or even alone - we can go with her.
Why the +6? Not only has she changed quite a bit, she has none of her team to back her up. Magical girls are teamplayers.

Also, vetoing giving Cerulean the staff. We have enough dark Advisors already, and increasing increases rivalry and chance of revolution. We don't need that.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: September 11, 2013, 01:47:12 pm »

I am tentatively alright with making Cruelean an Advisor - however I have several reservations.

It would bring us to 4 advisers.  That could allow us to rest an advisor between each mission, since we now send them two per upkeep.

And we have two remaining sidekicks, right?  German and Snowstar?

That means that these sidekicks do not get breaks between upkeeps, assuming breaks are actually needed.  Getting a few more sidekicks would be nice, especially if we mean to promote one.

She is a kid, and like many damaged kids, she is ruthless and cruel; simple, straightforward, and direct.  These are also all flaws - and rather heroic ones that heros tend to be good at recognizing and attempting to use against someone.  I am not convinced these are flaws we want to knowingly and purposefully select for an advisor to have.

When a sidekick makes an error of judgement, it's expected and often naturally countered by the adviser that leads them.  When that advisor makes the same errors, there is no extra saving throw.

I am not quite sure that Cerulean still has the same mentality she had when she melted that mother - a lot has happened since then. Still, considering we are at a tie right now, I propose we ask Shadenight himself through asking Chemista about Cerulean. If Cerulean has changed her randomly murdering ways, I keep my vote for promotion. If she hasn't, then I shall retract it.

Why the +6? Not only has she changed quite a bit, she has none of her team to back her up. Magical girls are teamplayers.

Also, vetoing giving Cerulean the staff. We have enough dark Advisors already, and increasing increases rivalry and chance of revolution. We don't need that.

+6 seems to be the standard Dark Advisor ability bonus, and as for her team - she used to get additional bonuses beyond the ones granted by her ability while a part of the Five Stars (+5 I believe), so I do not think she will be any less effective than Psysquid when working alone.

Also, I honestly consider our evil team to be quite free of rivalries, as none of the advisors has ever made a move to purposefully harm or hinder ourselves or each other, save for that one time when Psysquid witheld information from Gamington, and even if our advisors were fiercely competitive, Psysquid and Chemisa seem affectionate of Cerulean and Gamington, despite not liking her lack of standards, appears willing to give her another chance.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 01:53:59 pm by Knit tie »

InZane

• Bay Watcher
  • [PIMP_CANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: September 11, 2013, 02:59:54 pm »

Ptw
I PTW anything that seems interesting

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1090 on: September 11, 2013, 03:09:04 pm »

You look at the Rhinoceros and then you give a nod to Chemista.
She slowly pushes the needle inside the creature, who screams for a long minute before his entire body crumbles down, skin shifting and bones morphing until he stands on two shaking heavy legs. His size has gone down to that of a human now, but yet he stands on two feet.
The horn is firmly stuck on his forehead, and he looks around with a mixture of curiosity and fear.
Then he takes a step forward.
"Ah..." it tries saying.
"Gah..."
It looks towards you.
"Da...da!"
Then it glomps you. "Dada!"
"Argh! All right! Let go! Let gooo!"
The next moment he does let you go.

You exhale in relief.
You hope he's the only one who...then you give the nod for the hippo.
The scene actually repeats itself precisely as before, and the two 'humanoid-beasts' look at one another before 'thumping' their heads one against the other.
You don't know why, but you feel as if you just ended up with two extremely troublesome idiots.
At least you didn't use Warthog mutagen in place of the Hippo one.

Chemista watches as the two 'brutes' march out of her lab destroying a few bottles along the way.
"I'm taking the cost of the equipment destroyed out of Psysquid's salary," Chemista remarks.

New Animal Unit Acquired: Beastmen.
Human+Animal=Enjoy.

You hum to yourself as you look around the lair for new 'rooms' to improve on.
You could use a Resource of Luxurious items to prepare a Luxurious Hostage Room! Guaranteed to keep people around happy as long as...
Wait.
You blink for a moment.
It's quiet around...

Your cog-staff shots up parrying a leg kick, before you flap your mantle in the face of your would-be attacker and fling a punch in the enemy's guts.
"Hey!" the female voice is familiar, and you stop. "My beloved!" it's the Luchadores. "I just wanted you to know, I think we should marry somewhere warm you know, with lots of colored parrots."
"You attacked me to tell me this?" you retort incredulous.
"It's luchadores tradition! We fight as much as possible!"
"Well, listen, there is something you have to know..."
"Sorry, I've got to go now! I'll have to take Cerulean's sizes for the handmaiden dress!" with that she bolts away.
You narrow your eyes.
You'll just have to crush her dreams another day then.

You find Psysquid in his room, happily eating dried squid snacks.
"Your evilness!"
"Psysquid! I thought you would have left already!"
"What? Where? Is there a mission to do your evilness?" he asks perplexed.
"I saw you overhearing me and Chemista. You are not going on a suicidal mission to take the Mindium shard in one of the most secure museums in the world only to conquer her heart, understood!?"
Psysquid blinks.
"I...Your evilness? I had no intention on going like an imbecile." Psysquid adds, "Well, I admit I would have asked to take a team if the mission presented itself, but I wouldn't have gone without your permission, your evilness..."
You blink. "Ah."
"Ehm...dried squid?" Psysquid offers you a dried tentacle with one of his tentacles. You smile and shake your head shakily.
"Well then...keep up the good work!"
With that, you leave.

You return to Chemista, to mutate a gorilla with a lion.
She looks at you for a moment.
"What? It's a normal idea!"
"Yes sir," she replies. "Yes..." she sighs. "I just hope Peta doesn't find us. They'd tear this lab down what with all the mutations we're doing in it."

The Gorilla cries out as a bright mane forms around his neck, while he thumps his hands against his chest and roars. He hisses ferociously, retaining the size of a lion.
"Well, is this the 'King of the Jungle'?" Chemista deadpans. "No, because Mowgli has nothing on this."
Gorillon Acquired

"More?" Chemista blinks.
Then she prepares the shot. "As you wish your evilness."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Gorillon starts to cry and roar louder and louder as thick grey skin appears in place of its fur, while large bone protrusions emerge from its shoulders and knuckles.
The ground itself cracks slightly as the thing stomps on the ground.
Then it emits a terrifying shriek, a mixture between a roar and a battlecry.

Gorloceros acquired!

"Woah! Down baby, down!" Chemista snaps her fingers. "You don't smash anything in my lab any more, got that!?"
"Goar!"
"Yeah, yeah, 'Gore' elsewhere all right?"
"GOAR!"
"Yes, yes, now out of here."
With that, Chemista actually manages to push Gorloceros out of the room with ease.

You decide to return after giving the order for Four more Guardogs to be produced.
Four Guardogs Acquired!

You then ask Chemista about Cerulean's 'upgrade'.
"You'd probably make her day," she says plainly. "But with power comes...well, Evil." Chemista shrugs. "Power corrupts. Give her power, let her go on a test drive, see how she uses it. But remember Overlord: once a Dark Advisor, the only way out is death, so if she starts having second thoughts or disobeys you greatly, no matter the 'love' you might have for her...the only other solution will be death." She shrugs. "Sad call to make, but eventually someone always disagrees with your plan to poison newborn babies in a hospital ward."
She then starts to whistle while polishing a glass vial. "And to think I even liked the guy. Teaches you never to trust Incubus after all."

with that said and done, you finally head off to bed to mull it over.
The next day, you realize there is an improvement you could make to your lair.
A bigger kitchen.
A long table now occupies it, as all your Dark Minions, Dark Advisors, Side-Kicks, Animals and whatnot head for the morning grub.
Thankfully the lair has all the bathrooms one might need, but really...
"Pass the bread!" the Luchadores woman screams from a corner of the table.
Chemista rolls her eyes and eyes the pepper, before giving it a shake on a slice and then handing it over to Psysquid.
The Squid let the bread float fast against the Luchadores' face, but the woman managed to catch it in time...for the pepper grain to form a cloud against her face.
"ETCIU!"
"Woof!" German barks, before grabbing a large bone and gnawing on it...until Wraith eyes him with distaste since it's his arm the mutt is chewing.
"GRRRR..."
"Dada!" you turn just in time to see one of your beastmen slam a pudding against his face with apparent glee.

"Daddy!" Cerulean enters with Liondor in her arms, "Have you seen my new prototype of st...ehm, a strange glittering pipe in my room?"
A cog whistles, holding the 'half-done magical staff N° 5' that he has taken from your daughter as per your orders.
You give the Cog a thumb-up.
"LET US DANCE DANCE!" Lord Gamington yells out loud entering the kitchen. "MY DANCE DANCE MARATHON IS STILL GOING STRONG! Feel the power of the Dance baby!"
"There are impressionable children here!" Chemista snarls.
And so, in the midst of the friendly chaos and banter, breakfast is done.
It actually warms your heart.

You are now in upkeep
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: September 11, 2013, 03:20:35 pm »

Oh yeah!  I forgot about Luchadores.  I still want to see her mutated with octopus.

I'd still like to see us attempt to persuade the healing Knightwolf to convert.  Conversion is a tradition of ours.  Retirement?  Better led than dead!

We have a bunch of dead rich people still, and a few other corpses maybe too?  Much as I want another hydraulic succubus, maybe we'd better sacrifice the rest of the stuff that won't 'keep' too much longer.

Failing that - we do need another hydraulic succubus or 10.  But that needs to wait for next downkeep?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: September 11, 2013, 03:21:31 pm »

Cerulean won't be an advisor. Just no. We don't have enough side-kicks. Also, let's cogify Chihuahua once and for all, she's tedious, and I wouldn't care if she dies.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: September 11, 2013, 03:31:53 pm »

+1 more succubi

+1 turning the ship into an emergency backup base.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: September 11, 2013, 05:27:51 pm »

Knowing Shadenight's mastery of the drama, he is probably insinuating that if we make Cerulean a Dark Advisor, we will have to deal with her being disloyal and likely overly bloodthirsty as a part of the next difficult moral choice. I do not wish to kill our daughter or even consider the possibility. Thus, I vote on keeping her a sidekick. We should also sit down and explain the situation to her instead of saying the generic "you are not ready", tell her that she won't be a dark advisor until we are perfectly sure that all the power she will have won't be going to her head and making her go haywire. Paraphrase what Chemista said. But we still should keep the staff nearby, just in case an emergency happens and we need all the firepower we can get.

Sacrifice a pickaxe, some bars of precious metals, some nonmagical gems, a few luxury items, a pair of socks, some tallow, a mutilated body of a rich guy, a cat, a rhesus macaque, a racoon, a barrel of boose and a bucket of vomit.

Also, ask Snowstar why he defected from the heroes. We could use the information and OOC I just want to find out what amusing quirks does he have. Unless Shadenight would rather not invent a unique personality for every semi-random minion, in which case I am happy with him remaining flat.

Wait one more turn before cogifying Chihuahua anyway. Tell her that we cannot marry her for our heart already belongs to another. Luchadores love overdramatic bullshit.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 05:30:01 pm by Knit tie »
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 213