Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 259252 times)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #1050 on: September 09, 2013, 01:35:33 pm »

I mean using them to eat our foes. They're like horrific instruments of torture.

They fit in perfectly already.

"Ugh," Green Power nearly retches. "What foul beasts have you freed upon this ship!?"
"The very best that mutagens can build! Sure, they are a bit ugly to see..."
The Aliwhale Hydroblasts into mush another rasta man.
"And they're a bit heavy-handed..."
The Bearphant charges and impales on its tusks two more rasta-men.
"but they're just misunderstood critters in the end!"

So yes, steal the station and kidnap the crew. Good idea. The thing is,do we pay the creditors or tell them to suck our staff of cogs?

Neither.  What's ours is ours.  Now, if we get a mission about those or other creditors, that could be another thing.

Now, paying our minions and such, that's fine.  But those minions need pay no one else, especially not pay back debts earned before they came into our employ.  They are ours, and have no other master they need serve but us and those we place over them.

As such, their old ties are severed, as of our taking them.  There -are- no old debts to pay back, and no need even to contact previous creditors, not even to tell them to suck our staff of cogs.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 01:40:58 pm by Imp »
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: September 09, 2013, 01:38:39 pm »

So yes, steal the station and kidnap the crew. Good idea. The thing is,do we pay the creditors or tell them to suck our staff of cogs?

We pay the creditors. Don't want to attract undue attention.

On that matter... the heroes know that we are using monsters as minions. We should therefore inquire about some transformative magic or shapeshifting monsters that would permit us to interact with the outside world without raising attention.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 01:40:58 pm by Naryar »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: September 09, 2013, 01:39:24 pm »

We pay the creditors. Don't want to attract undue attention.
+1

Cattani

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: September 09, 2013, 07:01:05 pm »

We have truckloads of money. Pay those suckers and give them to Chemista. It's not like we're using much money to begin with.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1054 on: September 10, 2013, 05:41:32 am »

"We have to pay them?" Chemista looks at you incredulously. "Fine, but only because we'll mutate them in the end."
"Eh? What?" the 'voice' of the crew exclaims then. "M-Mutate?"
"Don't worry," you reply. "You'll all become snails in the end. I'm pretty sure it will make you all happy, right?"
"No snail will be harmed right?"
A cog smashes a snail by mistake with its clunky feet.
Then the cog whistles with its steam nose and looks away.
"Of course, of course," You nod.
"And what will we be transmitting?"
You muse it over, "We'll decide day by day."

Resource spent: Money.
You still have: Wagons of Money. Luxurious Items X2

You let the girl pay the debt collectors -shady guys who speak a mixture of Italian and interrupt every now and then with words like 'mamma mia!' and 'Luigi!'.
Then the zeppelin hooks the radio tower and within moments, you, your troops and the crew are up in the air flying back to base.
"I wonder what the snails will say," the woman covered in snails remarks with a dreamy gaze. "You think I'll have a cute shell?"
You cough and look sideways. "Oh, sure, sure, the mutagen is perfectly safe..."
Chemista looks at you with a deadpan gaze.
You whistle and look out of the window.
"My name is Snayla," she adds then. "And that one is Snaylo, Snaille, and Snai," she points to the other three crew members. "We are..."
"Yes," you interrupt her, "Yes -Yes...it's all right, I don't need to know any more really."

Weather the Storm

"The luxury cruiser Prometheus has been stolen! The hero GREEN POWER managed to survive, but is currently in the hospital for a bad case of perspiration and chemical imbalances due to shock. We also have received an urgent dispatch -it appears Snail News, the dead-last broadcast in the history of all broadcasts, has finally been torn down and removed. Or not! Their debts paid by some mysterious benefactor or outright imbecile, there is..."
Static fill the television as you watch Lord Gamington come down from the top of the lair with his entire body covered in oil.
The static soon leaves the place to your channel.
A red background, a EVIL OVERLORD logo on the upper-right corner, and Cerulean giving the news dressed like one of those female newscaster who wear camisoles and high heels with black jackets.
Problem being the clothes are actually inside of her 'jelly' mass.
"Hello!" she chirps. "Transmitting from Evil Overlord Lair, directly to your screens, is Evil Overlord's personal channel! Your newscaster is me, Cerulean!"
The Liondor rawrs as it flies down and lands on the desk.
"My assistant, Lionel!"
The Liondor rawrs again.
"And my co-newscaster for the day is..."
Psysquid takes the other seat and coughs politely.
"Worthless mortals! I am Psysquid, one of the great Dark Advisor! My screentime will be the most brutal as I delve deep into the horrors of the heroes association! But first, a picture of my awesomeness for you all to see!"
A picture comes in the background, showing Psysquid playing with his duck in the water of the submarine bay.
"Ah...who put that picture up!?" he screams the next moment.
Cerulean giggles, before saying.
"Well, dad didn't tell us what to say for the first broadcast, so let's wrap it up with this..."
here she coughs, before 'channeling' Chemista.
"YOU HEROES SHALL WOE THE DAY YOU FOUGHT AGAINST THE GREAT OVERLORD INCOGNITO!"
then the static returns and goes away, straight back to the normal broadcast.
Just in time to see the cameraman do something improper to the female newscaster.
You close the television the next moment.
And then you sigh.

You are now in Downkeep.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: September 10, 2013, 05:59:36 am »

Punish Cerulean for playing with fire inconsiderably.

Now they can locate us...

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1056 on: September 10, 2013, 06:18:23 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: September 10, 2013, 06:40:15 am »

Convert the crew to our side. And then mutate them with their beloved snails.
Yeah, no. We do not need further such incidents. Here is hope their snailforms won't show violate content of a form we do not approve of within our standards. At daytime, at least, that is.

Also convert any crew and humans from the cruiser. Unless we have set them out in rescue-boats that is.
Anyone in for a were-phant sqad? If it fails, we could go werewolf, but that just lacks something...

For the show - how about guest-star Knighthowl making an appearance?

Showing a little live-feed of every-ones favorite mutt should show that we are buisness. As for the real show, give Lord Gamington a dance-show - if he wants, wich is almost sure-fire-thing. Let him show the world his moves, just as he wanted to!

The Sad-System will get the Metall-speared Werephant corpse, plus some magical crystals.

Because the later never can go wrong in any way, and make everything better to boot! We also want that thing out of the lair, because by now it should start to rott slightly. Which we really don't care for.

Conduct research into the construction of magic staffs.

If there is none to be done, just construct one after ceruleans wishes, and one as cogy as we can. For later use in cog-o-mancy.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: September 10, 2013, 08:36:41 am »

Convert the crew to our side. And then mutate them with their beloved snails.
Yeah, no. We do not need further such incidents. Here is hope their snailforms won't show violate content of a form we do not approve of within our standards. At daytime, at least, that is.

Also convert any crew and humans from the cruiser. Unless we have set them out in rescue-boats that is.
Anyone in for a were-phant sqad? If it fails, we could go werewolf, but that just lacks something...

For the show - how about guest-star Knighthowl making an appearance?

Showing a little live-feed of every-ones favorite mutt should show that we are buisness. As for the real show, give Lord Gamington a dance-show - if he wants, wich is almost sure-fire-thing. Let him show the world his moves, just as he wanted to!

The Sad-System will get the Metall-speared Werephant corpse, plus some magical crystals.

Because the later never can go wrong in any way, and make everything better to boot! We also want that thing out of the lair, because by now it should start to rott slightly. Which we really don't care for.

Conduct research into the construction of magic staffs.

If there is none to be done, just construct one after ceruleans wishes, and one as cogy as we can. For later use in cog-o-mancy.

+1

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: September 10, 2013, 08:58:27 am »

Mutate the crew with snails and sacrifice the werephant corpse with magic crystals. Also do a double mutation-we need to see how they work- gorilla +rhinoceros+lion.

Do not punish Cerulean. She didn't do anything wrong. Instead think about how we can use the channel to spread truth and propaganda.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 09:00:50 am by Knit tie »

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: September 10, 2013, 09:11:37 am »

+1 for converting the Snail News crew and then mutating them with snail-mutagen to our side. Hell, they'll be a meatshield at worst and comic relief at best. Or maybe a punching ball ?

There isn't anyone left alive on the ship. We only have dead rich people in there and riches.

Sacrifice a human corpse, a cog, a magic crystal, precious metals and a bunch of bones. Maybe we'll get some sort of steampunk half-mechanical undead. Who wouldn't want these ?

Mutate several zoo animals with human mutagen. Human-hippo ? Human-lion ?

Also do a double mutation-we need to see how they work- gorilla +rhinoceros+lion.
+1 for that. We need to explore multiple mutations, as well as fusing living animals together. Dr Moreau, hell yes.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 09:14:05 am by Naryar »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: September 10, 2013, 09:59:35 am »

We should use our new tv station to improve our image.

+1 to showing that we didn't kill Knighthowl, and Giving Lord G. a dancing program.

Cattani

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: September 10, 2013, 10:16:35 am »

+1 to the double mutations and throwing the werephant remains in the SAD system. And asking Knighthowl if he wants to appear in our channel.
These snail guys are seriously out-of-place. I mean everywhere, they don't fit anywhere in society; they should be naturally evil-corrupted since they're something of a social refuse. Anyway, mutate them with all kinds of things that crawl (give them choises if that can be done), or properly corrupt them and put them as our evil show crew. Also they should have an engineer and/or technician to keep things running in there, he may be of use to us.

I also think we could open some business, now that we're messing with that. You know, "Mastermind: World Conqueror"-style. Like pharmaceutics or making a big food producing company or such. We could use it to improve the image the people have on us, so they would listen properly when we show them the Heroes crimes. Also, if we have a brand that lots of people know and trust we are much more secure from being overthrown since we have popular support. We could even open some brothels for our succubi. Guys would love that, and it would be sure corruptions per week.

Just throwing out some ideas here. The worst part would be the start (like all RL companies). But it seems to me it can be done.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: September 10, 2013, 10:35:03 am »

I also think we could open some business, now that we're messing with that. You know, "Mastermind: World Conqueror"-style. Like pharmaceutics or making a big food producing company or such. We could use it to improve the image the people have on us, so they would listen properly when we show them the Heroes crimes. Also, if we have a brand that lots of people know and trust we are much more secure from being overthrown since we have popular support. We could even open some brothels for our succubi. Guys would love that, and it would be sure corruptions per week.
I agree. We have tons and tons of money, let's not just let it rest.

Succubi brothels... I'm not so sure. If people disappear around the brothels the heroes will notice.

although if it is to corrupt and implant sleeper agents in the populace... would be perfect.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: September 10, 2013, 11:07:36 am »

1) Letting Knighthowl appear in the channel will draw serious attention (heroic hero capture*), and might even result in his death. (Or brainwashing, but that is similar)

*He came alone, so I doubt that anybody knows he's here. Everyone probably assumes he's on some sort of secret mission.

2) I'm afraid we can't do regular broadcasts. Triangulation is a thing, but with the current tech level probably requires a long time to narrow down. Sporadically interrupting news broadcasts is probably the best we can do. For now.

On a side note, I do like the idea of Evil Investements Inc.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 213