Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 259340 times)

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #1035 on: September 09, 2013, 07:08:59 am »

I very much doubt Snowstar is a wizard, at best he's a guy with ice powers.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1036 on: September 09, 2013, 12:42:07 pm »

Team chosen is thus:
Mission 2: Gamington+Snowstar, woar, aliwhale, bearphant, 5 cogs.
Mission 3: Overlord, (Chemista+German), succubus, hunter,  5 cogs, 2 wuffle cogs. (you have Nine 'Land troops' and two 'flying' troop)

"Very well, Overlord," Chemista nods. Cerulean looks at you for a moment like a kicked puppy, while German swallows heavily and then nods with a bark.
"Woof, I'll do my best!"
"The Hunt shall hunt!" the Hunter declares proudly sounding his horn.
The Zeppelin is primed and readied, as is the Submarine

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

SHIP CARNAGE

The moon illuminates the sea's surface as tiny waves infringe against the sides of the ship.
The name PROMETHEUS is inscribed upon its side.
"Oh, Jack!" a young and buxom lady exclaims. "It's wonderful!"
"I know, my love," the man replies with a bright smile. "Do you want me to finish your painting?"
"Maybe in the car, here I feel it's a bit chilly. Like...I don't know..."
"Plop." The sound makes the woman frown.
"What was that?"
"Plop. Plop."
"Uhm...I heard it too."
"And the Dance-Dance Party will be..."
"Plop. Plop. Plop."

The next moment, Snowstar's limbs pull him beyond the railing, as Lord Gamington twirls his lance and screams. "NOBODY MOVES! THIS IS AN EVIL OVERLORD MISSION OF CONQUEST! WHERE IS MY ULTIMATE DANCE-DANCE VERSION TWENTY!? I know you have it here somewhere!"
"GAH!" the woman jumps in Jack's arms...or at least she would, if the man was still there.
Falling on the ground, she stares as beasts literally enter the bridge of the ship from all sides.

Lord Gamington walks inside, in the main deck area.
He looks around for a moment, and then blinks.
"Uhm..."
The rich folks all stand in the back, holding on to shady looking green packages. On the floor, the mat for Ultimate DANCE DANCE version Twenty is visible...just as the challenger on it.
A man wearing a completely green outfit, with a wide five-pronged leaf-mask.
"I am green power, dude," he states plainly, before snapping his fingers. A group of rasta-haired men (6) walks in from the sides. "You're doing something really not cool, brother," he adds then shaking his head -and dreadlocks- "Not cool at all."
"My!" Lord Gamington exclaims. "Why don't we settle this...with a DANCE!?"

Lord Gamington fights off the 'Green Power' hero with ease, using his lance and thrusting it forth. The lance impacts against a green shield, as the Green Hero yells.
"Nature protects me! Monstrous creature, be gone from this place!"
"Never without the DANCE DANCE!" Gamington retorts angrily.
The Woar tears into one of the rasta-minions, tearing it apart and chewing on its entrails.
"Ugh," Green Power nearly retches. "What foul beasts have you freed upon this ship!?"
"The very best that mutagens can build! Sure, they are a bit ugly to see..."
The Aliwhale Hydroblasts into mush another rasta man.
"And they're a bit heavy-handed..."
The Bearphant charges and impales on its tusks two more rasta-men.
"but they're just misunderstood critters in the end!"
Snowstar freezes the two remaining rastamen.
"No! My men!"

The Green Power Hero growls, even as the Cogs manage to overrun his shield and lightly wound him. "YOU WILL NOT TOUCH MY GRASS!"

He holds the line, albeit his powers begin to wane as Lord Gamington's lance thrusts itself forth to pierce the hero's shoulder while the beasts try to charge at him.
"Surrender! I was told to be merciful! Just let it be!"
"I..." the Bearphant charges and tears apart one of the extremely rich guys.
"I think I will take your offer," the Green Power Hero says before dashing out of the scene.

The GREEN POWER Hero has Run Away!
Lord Gamington Wins the Battle!

The animals proceed then to wreck havoc on the ship, as the cogs loot what they can and...well, Lord Gamington just claps his hand as he smiles brightly.
"let's just bring it all back!"
Resources Acquired: Luxury Items (Now Two of them you have). Rich folks corpses. Floating Luxury Cruise -Not useable in missions, but upgradeable to Floating Back-up Base!

Meanwhile...

BROADCAST CARNAGE

The dingy sign of 'The Life of Snails 24Hour Broadcast' is the first thing you see.
The second is that the station is overrun with snails.
The third is that the crew is composed of coated in saliva persons with snails going about their entire bodies.
"Hello!" an excited -and snail covered- woman waves at you as you and your group stop in the lobby. "Have you come to invest in Snail-News? Would you like to acquire us? We'd really like to be acquired, you know? My debt collector are really mean and if I can get the debt off my back I'd really, really be happy."
You look around for a moment. There really isn't much to say about the place...

"I think we can get it for free," you remark.
"But...but please?" she pleads eying you with tears in the corner of her eyes. It would be sort-of cute...if it weren't for the snails slowly trudging a spit-path on her forehead. That's sort of disgusting to even watch actually.
"Does anyone have some salt?" Chemista asks then, before watching as German woofs, leaves and returns with a salt container. "Thank you, German," Chemista says then, patting the dog-man's head.
"We don't believe in violence," the girl whimpers as she slowly gets down and crawls in a 'ball' like form. "We will shield ourselves like our brothers and sisters snails do."
The rest of the crew does the same thing.
"Can I salt them?" Chemista asks you, looking at the situation. "Because really. I'm not letting this bunch of psychos remain with the broadcasting tower."

Advisor Event

Do you take the broadcasting tower 'salting' the crew, hence leaving them at the mercy of the debt collectors?
Do you actually 'pay' to acquire the rights of the broadcasting crew?
Do you...do something else?

“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: September 09, 2013, 12:59:59 pm »

We swim in money and luxury. Pay for the station.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: September 09, 2013, 01:01:04 pm »

Offer to create a snail breeding program. We can then use them to create horrific radula-wielding abominations of nature.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: September 09, 2013, 01:07:30 pm »

Acquire the crew just like the other assets of the station.  This will please all of us; they will be saved from their 'mean' debt collectors, we will acquire more targets for transformation, we'll have the knowledge of any who survive should we need or want it, and we can even give them what they so clearly to our eyes really want - a way to become one with their molluscs.

Take the crew alive.  Mutate them with snail, slug, oyster, and other mollusc samples once back at base.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: September 09, 2013, 01:15:20 pm »

Acquire the crew just like the other assets of the station.  This will please all of us; they will be saved from their 'mean' debt collectors, we will acquire more targets for transformation, we'll have the knowledge of any who survive should we need or want it, and we can even give them what they so clearly to our eyes really want - a way to become one with their molluscs.

Take the crew alive.  Mutate them with snail, slug, oyster, and other mollusc samples once back at base.
+1 to paying and mutation.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: September 09, 2013, 01:19:44 pm »

I am currently imagining some sort of giant snail that spits acid. It is glorious. Mutation go!

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: September 09, 2013, 01:20:12 pm »

Just adding a mention - if we take them, what is this paying?

Their creditors cannot find them any more than anyone else can find our hidden secret base.

If their creditors do find them (and thus us) then we can take the creditors too.

We have a use for all sorts of people!

However I have nothing against plying them with some wealth of various sorts.  That type of thing is amusing and can be useful.  But if they are ours, their only debt can be to us.  Any pre-existing debts are canceled.  We're good at that sort of thing.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: September 09, 2013, 01:21:11 pm »

I am currently imagining some sort of giant snail that spits acid. It is glorious. Mutation go!
Good idea. I still want radulae. Radulae are cool, because they can grate away at armour and then tear strips of flesh away. It's probably outside of our Standards, but nyeh.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: September 09, 2013, 01:21:49 pm »

+2 to paying them first, then acquire snail mutagen and mutate them into snailmen when their debt is paid.

It's the greatest benefit to us and I'm sure they won't mind. Besides, it gives Chemista some new playthings, and it gets their loyalty as well. Explain this to Chemista as well.

Not to mention that the snail mutagen should be useful for 3 things:
-shell armor
-swiveling eyestalks, which gives better vision than internal eyes at the expense of durability
-secretion powers, maybe we can make a snail that secrete acid or mutagen or something
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 01:36:10 pm by Naryar »

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: September 09, 2013, 01:23:33 pm »

Good idea. I still want radulae. Radulae are cool, because they can grate away at armour and then tear strips of flesh away. It's probably outside of our Standards, but nyeh.

Can't be outside of our standards.  Look at what we sacrifice; look at our goo girls, Psysquid, even Fluffy.  What we pick is cosmetic; the result is some sort of sensible die-roll modifier.  I have nothing against radulae, and don't think the game world will either.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: September 09, 2013, 01:24:13 pm »

Can't be outside of our standards.  Look at what we sacrifice; look at our goo girls, Psysquid, even Fluffy.  What we pick is cosmetic; the result is some sort of sensible die-roll modifier.  I have nothing against radulae, and don't think the game world will either.
I mean using them to eat our foes. They're like horrific instruments of torture.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: September 09, 2013, 01:24:56 pm »

WAIT WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY ADVISOR EVENT?!!
 Does it affect Chemista's loyalty? Do we want our main source of mutants disloyal?

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: September 09, 2013, 01:30:10 pm »

WAIT WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY ADVISOR EVENT?!!
 Does it affect Chemista's loyalty? Do we want our main source of mutants disloyal?

Remember, Chemista hates humans, and seems alright with monsters.

Besides, she likes to experiment on things. We're taking a third option by giving her even more playthings to mutate, why would her loyalty decrease ?

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: September 09, 2013, 01:34:00 pm »

So yes, steal the station and kidnap the crew. Good idea. The thing is,do we pay the creditors or tell them to suck our staff of cogs?
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 213