Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 258426 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #870 on: September 03, 2013, 01:54:21 pm »

Spoiler: Questions (click to show/hide)

Cattani

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: September 03, 2013, 02:16:58 pm »

HOLY CRAP THAT WAS THE MOST AWESOME TUTORIAL EVER!

Serious, nightshade, work on a tutorial for DF with this same quality and i will make a huge-ass statue for you in every fucking fort i play.

My mind is full of fuck now. So much win!

Now for the matters in hand:
-1 to mutation. BUT GET HIS MUTAGENS!. We just had a long talk about morals and standards and everything else. Let him leave after healing. And asking for his sword will probably be pushing it.

Questions:
-Ask about our father. What he does in the association and what his position mean. Also ask about his history (trying to find a weakness or at least document his powers)
-Ask about other heroes that can be reasonable like him.
-Ask for advice on making the heroes understand our point; that we are not bloodthirst slaughterers of children (even if we kinda are) and what would be the best approach in his opinion.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: September 03, 2013, 02:33:04 pm »

-1 to mutation. BUT GET HIS MUTAGENS!.

+1 for that, let Chemista get a sample (but just a sample). Let's see if we can make combat minions out of his werewolf dna.

also we don't have any flying minions as well, 'tis a tactical blunder. We should try to mutate something or someone with the seagull mutagen.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #873 on: September 03, 2013, 02:34:45 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Knighthowl exhales heavily, before replying.
"That's a tough set of questions you ask, puppy," he begins. "In my eyes, the HEROES association has no errors and no mistakes. The mere concept of claiming it wrong is something that I cannot confirm nor deny. It's...argh...it's like living all your life being told that red is blue. No matter how much you point that red is red, you will always think of it as blue. The system of heroes is perfect. If it has mistakes, it's because there are some heroes who are unworthy of their title. BUt they too can be corrected and returned to the Justice. That is...really all I can say about that," then he closes his eyes.
"If the HEROES association were to be dissolved? There would be chaos. War. Deaths...heroes aren't only there to protect the people, they also uphold peace in the world. The system is perfect, because it cannot be broken. Frankly, I think the only reason Chemista managed to make you an overlord was because she erased everything from your mind...I doubt you would have even spared her a second to talk...you didn't, last time you two...met..." he starts to breath slower.
"And the HEROES association isn't wrong...misguided...no...it's just...mistakes happen."
And then he falls asleep.

You let him rest -you'll ask the rest of your questions another time- and then you walk outside of the infirmary just in time to hear the telltale sound of a Zeppelin's engine. Chemista has apparently finished repairing Lord Gamington, who slowly wobbles using his dancing stick as a walking cane.
"Hey, Overlord," he smiles. "I'd do a dance of joy," he begins, "But I don't feel my legs completely."
"It's all right," you reply. "Just...take it easy."
"No Dance-Dance Party tonight..." Gamington mutters. "It's a sad day for the Dance-Force."
 "DAAAADDD!" there's a sort-of tsunami of blue goo that suddenly slams on you.
There's a 'PAF' followed by a 'SLUSH' which then ends with Cerulean half-reforming on your chest to hug you by the neck and give you a quick peck on the cheek. "You're alive! Mom said it was going to be a tough fight but I knew you'd win! You showed the hero didn't you!? You, like, flung him all around and then defeated him, right?"

"Your Evil Overlordness," Psysquid appears from the zeppelin's bay, covered in black ink. Snowstar is just behind him, holding his nose. "I was sure you would win your fight."
"Didn't stop you from running all the way to the deepest trench in the ocean," Chemista comments off-handedly. "You're always full of surprises Psysquid."
"So what if I'm good at escaping?" Psysquid deadpans. "It's a strength of the squids!"
"Yes, well," you begin, gathering everyone's attention. "Listen up. Gather all the corpses and a few magical crystals. Throw them in the SAD system and then let's see what comes out later. I have an announcement to make..." you clear your throat. "Knighthowl is currently recuperating in the infirmary and-"
"WHAT!?"
Psysquid actually emits more ink from his lower half, which in turn makes Snowstar groan.
Wait...is losing ink the same as...wetting the bed?
"Don't stare at me like that!" he snaps at Lord Gamington. "It's a normal reaction! A biological instinct for survival!"
"Anyway," you begin, getting their attentions once more. "The fact is..."
You stop for a moment. 'I am The Hero and Chemista's last act as Overlordess was to erase my memory'.
You don't know if it's the right thing to say or not...do they even have to know about it?

Do you explain to them everything, or withhold something?

Getting a sample from Knighthowl is going to be extremely easy. There's still his blood splattered on the floor where you last fought.

Resource acquired: Werewolf Mutagen
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: September 03, 2013, 02:36:37 pm »

Remove question 4, for now.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: September 03, 2013, 02:42:38 pm »

I vote use 7, 8 and 9 for our next questions. The others might make him regret it later. If we DO want to ask about heroes, phrase it more as 'anyone we should watch out for', instead.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: September 03, 2013, 02:46:08 pm »

Explain everything. I we defend the truth over this sick system, we should tell the truth.

Vash_M87

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: September 03, 2013, 02:50:10 pm »

Do you explain to them everything, or withhold something?
I think we should explain everything. No point in hidding info from our advisors (at least in the way i see it).
Questions 7, 8 and 9 are fine. But if better questions pop up, I might change the vote.

I think we should praise them a bit. After all they all did their very best. (specially Lord Gaminton! Should also reiterate to him that, as long as there is another way, he will never have to hurt an innocent again!) (Morale boost in a time of need!)

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: September 03, 2013, 02:51:36 pm »

Remove question four. That would be a stupid thing to ask him
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: September 03, 2013, 02:59:41 pm »

Remove questions 4, 6, 11, 12, and 13.

13 is a pointless question, look at the guy he has visibly been brainwashed by HEROES to believe that "we are right, they are wrong" asking him that is like asking Gamington to stop dancing.

also tell them the truth, just assure them that you will continue as an overlord. Maybe do a mission by yourself to add weight to your words.

On another matter, I think we should also deliver a speech to everyone praising Lord Gamington as going above and beyond the call of duty, and displaying great bravery for his friends. He deserves this and more.

He also had orders to kill many innocents, but he's an antivillain with a code of honor. Maybe we should investigate on it.

Have a chat with Chemista as well. She may have a few hidden things under her labcoat.

Psysquid... congratulate him on fleeing at the right moment. I'm sure he'll take it the right way.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: September 03, 2013, 03:07:05 pm »

13 is a pointless question, look at the guy he has visibly been brainwashed by HEROES to believe that "we are right, they are wrong" asking him that is like asking Gamington to stop dancing.

also tell them the truth, just assure them that you will continue as an overlord. Maybe do a mission by yourself to add weight to your words.

On another matter, I think we should also deliver a speech to everyone praising Lord Gamington as going above and beyond the call of duty, and displaying great bravery for his friends. He deserves this and more.

He also had orders to kill many innocents, but he's an antivillain with a code of honor. Maybe we should investigate on it.

Have a chat with Chemista as well. She may have a few hidden things under her labcoat.

Psysquid... congratulate him on fleeing at the right moment. I'm sure he'll take it the right way.
It's sense over honour, and since he'd already made a suitable effort against Knighthowl, it didn't count as betrayal or cowardice.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: September 03, 2013, 03:08:06 pm »

Remove question 4. Instead, ask the potheads the same thing.

sebcool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: September 03, 2013, 03:17:50 pm »

I say we tell them all of it, they are our advisors after all.

And remove question 4, we will probably soon have other recruitment options available anyway.
Derailing doesn't exist, derailed is the natural state of every thread.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: September 03, 2013, 03:20:08 pm »

It's sense over honour, and since he'd already made a suitable effort against Knighthowl, it didn't count as betrayal or cowardice.
I agree, but he loves being shouted at. So there's that.

But yes, first congratulate him on fleeing, then imply that he did good work anyways. He would have died brutally if he didn't fled.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 03:22:05 pm by Naryar »

Vash_M87

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: September 03, 2013, 03:27:02 pm »

I agree, but he loves being shouted at. So there's that.
Most suitable praise for psysquid would be to get really angry at him, and curse a lot! :P
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 213