Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 258423 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #855 on: September 03, 2013, 11:07:51 am »

Rewards to who, and for doing what?

I will let you guys do some fluff.

Vash_M87

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: September 03, 2013, 11:10:06 am »

Damn timezones... Missed the whole discussion. :/

On the current issue, I think we should help him. Save his ass, dont mutate him, keep him locked up until we can make sure he wont die of his injuries. Up to this point we would probably have a new Lair and then we can safely release him.

Now, honestly. So much extremism... Never fight again, never kill again, avoid all confrontation, people never change, cant tell people what to do...
Guys, this is a GAME. In a world with magic. Where we are a CONTROL-focused overlord. We CAN change the world and the system. We just have to find a way.

Now, fighting back against those who fight us is totally acceptable. Just with our new found morals, we just have to give the enemy the chance to get out of our way. (yeah, yeah, innefficient EvilOverlord.. I know. But we're not here for efficiency, we're here for fun.)

And picking a side, doesnt immediatly mean the other side will have to be totally obliterated. There are other ways to deal with this kind of confrontation. Back in the side choice, i would've suggested we sided with ourselves, in a newfound sense of morality and standards. A Refined ideal of Evil. Remaining overlord and satisfying Chemista's requests and giving Knighthowl the choice to either peacefully leave the lair respecting our choice or fight (which he would probably fight, but we would've respected our standard of avoiding needless fighting and our moral sense in which we give a choice to our opponents).
[and i took to long to write and now there's a new GM post... :/]

EDITš: (After reading the GM post.)

Question1: Do you know any other heroes who actually behave like you do, that have the same moral and avoid cruelty and needless bloodbaths?
Question2: What do you think will happen if the HEROES association is dissolved?
Question3: If the cruelty that comes from the associaton's brainwashing is revealed to the rest of the world, do you think that would trigger a change in their ways?

Also i'm against mutating him and/or killing him.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 11:31:24 am by Vash_M87 »

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: September 03, 2013, 11:14:16 am »

That was the most epic tutorial I ever had. Better than even the one I had in real life when I got to dropkick a wolf in the face!

Do you know any run-down bordellos in the B-city? Someplace in the outskirts where the prostitutes would be willing to sell me their blood? I need it to summon demons to replenish my ranks, you see.

I propose we summon some succubi to get us some more minions sometime along the way. Right now we build cogs up to 10, Sacrifice the late Mr. Wuffle along with a magic crystal and then cogify the result and show Cerulean to Knighthowl.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: September 03, 2013, 11:46:18 am »

And LordBucket wanted to give up during the Tutorial.
Sacrifice the late Mr. Wuffle along with a magic crystal and then cogify the result
+1

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: September 03, 2013, 11:47:00 am »

Been following this story since the start, was a good read. Joining up.

also i'm all for mutating Knighthowl. Seriously, if he leaves, yes, but what if he starts having doubt over the good in our heart? We did after all massacre a giant bunch of innocents to save a sidekick. What's gonna stop him from coming back ?

Besides, he DID stated that he hated monsters. What's gonna stop him from killing one of our dark advisors ? Or other monsters ? We're on the side of the monsters, he isn't. Simple as that.

Evil overlords don't let go an unknown quality like that. Especially control-focused ones. Besides, he slaughtered half of our monsters. We get one back, or not.

Besides, I'm pretty sure mutating Knighthowl would give us Chemista's loyalty. We need our dark advisors to be loyal if we want to work.

Oh, and yes. Sacrifice all the dead monsters around, see if we can get something out of it.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: September 03, 2013, 11:56:11 am »

No to mutating him. He said that he will leave the city.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: September 03, 2013, 11:56:16 am »

-1 for mutating Knighthowl. Mutation doesn't equal loyalty, loyalty equals mutation.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: September 03, 2013, 12:07:42 pm »

Really ? Every single time we have mutated something it was loyal to us, as improbable as it is.

Besides, a Control focused overlord should not let leave an opponent like that, especially such a dangerous one.

If we must let him go, however, let's just try to get info out of him. and his sword and armor as well. It may be a powerful sacrifice tool.

Otherwise, keep a low profile. With the slaughter we just did one day before, the good guys must be boiling with rage.

Pick up animals (or pot smokers) and mutate them, increase lair defense, find more resources...
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 12:14:11 pm by Naryar »

sebcool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: September 03, 2013, 12:12:59 pm »

I say we don't mutate Knighthowl or anything. Let him leave.

Seriously people, you were the ones who chose that InCogNito would have standards from the beginning, and yet you are perfectly willing to break or bend them like he was a goddamn sociopath! Let Knighthowl leave, he won't trouble us anymore.
Derailing doesn't exist, derailed is the natural state of every thread.

Vash_M87

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: September 03, 2013, 12:50:40 pm »

Just a reminder, HEROIC heroes will not convert. EVER. Even if we mutate his body, he's still the same hero.
Still voting on NO MUTATION.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: September 03, 2013, 01:02:53 pm »

Just a reminder, HEROIC heroes will not convert. EVER. Even if we mutate his body, he's still the same hero.
Still voting on NO MUTATION.
Whilst I am against mutation, as he is already basically a monster, we cannot guarantee HEROIC heroes will never convert - we know that because we were told it - quite possibly by the heroes. That doesn't make it true.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Vash_M87

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: September 03, 2013, 01:06:22 pm »

Whilst I am against mutation, as he is already basically a monster, we cannot guarantee HEROIC heroes will never convert - we know that because we were told it - quite possibly by the heroes. That doesn't make it true.

Yes, we were told, by the GM. Back when he described the various categories of heroes. I'm treating it as a game mechanic given to us by the GM, so yeah. HEROIC heroes are UNABLE to convert.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: September 03, 2013, 01:08:21 pm »

Yes, we were told, by the GM. Back when he described the various categories of heroes. I'm treating it as a game mechanic given to us by the GM, so yeah. HEROIC heroes are UNABLE to convert.
Bah, trusting the GM..... Regardless, if we aren't mutating him we may as well work on him - not like we have anything else to do with him at the present time.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Vash_M87

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: September 03, 2013, 01:10:10 pm »

Bah, trusting the GM..... Regardless, if we aren't mutating him we may as well work on him - not like we have anything else to do with him at the present time.

Did you read the last post from shadenight? We HAVE things to do with him, we can ask him questions... Interrogate him.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: September 03, 2013, 01:10:55 pm »

Hmm... yes the GM did say that. Then let him rest, then milk him out for information and let him leave.

a list of all the heroes and their powers would be good. Know your enemy.

also ask his sword or something.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 213