Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 258416 times)

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #810 on: September 03, 2013, 06:22:34 am »

I'm not planning to sail off into the sunset. We just need a new base of operations, and if we see something going on (mass stealing from Chemista, capture and torture from HEROES), we step out and fight it, non-lethally as much as we can. The only difference between your plan and mine is that we stand up to Chemista when she oversteps her standards. Continuing to be Evil will just result in our dysfunctional family getting hurt again.

That is exactly my point! The only difference between what you and I propose is that I want to keep Chemista at our side to be able to control her better. But I do believe we need to become a better person! Our previous actions were those of an ignorant and self-righteous killer. We need to use this conversation as a way to see the mistakes we have made and rise above the slaughter. In short, we should become the character we wanted our overlord to be in the very beginning, before LordBucket proposed we euthanise the catatonic girl.

And our family is not getting hurt because we kill innocents, it is getting hurt because we oppose heroes. It has been already established that whenever one tries to stop the heroes from doing their usual slaughter of monsters, he is portrayed as a villain and hunted, or at least sent to the asylum for brainwashing. Hell, the only reason I say we remain overlord is that we can effectively oppose the heroes from murdering monsters. It's just that we need to stop murdering the heroes back.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 06:31:50 am by Knit tie »

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #811 on: September 03, 2013, 06:28:58 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"I understand," you whisper. You bring your staff of silver cogs forth, "I'm sorry, Knighthowl. I do not remember anything of my past. I do not know you, but I know that while your words sound true...they aren't enough to make me forget what you HEROES did to Cerulean. They aren't enough to make me forget how you HEROES killed her second mother, or how you brutally act against evil without prejudice. I'm sorry. If I could, I would avoid your death. I am sorry friend...but I am the Overlord and that will not change...the world needs me! It needs someone to remove a corrupt system from its very core! It needs someone to take upon the mantle of Evil to purify Good! I will be that man! Forever, shall I carry the weight of sin...because I cannot let someone else bear it for me," you think of Cerulean, "And I will not let any harm befall those who gave their trust to me," you think of Pysquid, Lord Gamington...Chemista as last, and you're actually wondering on her but you add her to the list all the same.
Slamming your staff on the ground you watch as the silver-cog golem comes to surround and lift you inside its protective chest.
"I AM INCOGNITO! Evil Overlord! Knighthowl, Heroic Hero, I will defeat you today!"

"Then so be it...kid," Knighthowl whispers. "You've chosen your side..." he smiles bitterly, "It is time then to end this."

And so, the battle begins.

Your golem's claws come down upon the sword of Knighthowl, parrying it as sparks fly in the air while the Heroic Hero, who already was tired from the fight before, snarls as your golem's right claw slams into his chest, cracking his armor and sending him to fly against the wall where he impacts with a sickening thud. He lands down and coughs out blood, holding on to his chest as he stumbles forward.
"I...am..."
"This wasn't much of a spar I suppose," Chemista remarks eying Knighthowl. "I think it was mostly a one-sided slaughter...just like he did before, right?"
"Enough, Chemista," you remark jumping out of your silver-golem who disassembles back into its basic parts. You then walk forward, to where Knighthowl is gasping for air on the ground of your lair, his breathing ragged and sharp as a pitiful whine comes out of his throat.
"That..." Knighthowl chuckles, or at least tries, "Was just...like I remembered..." his eyes look to you, "I lost..." he whispers. "Do what...you have to...do."
Your staff in hand, you eye the defeated body of Knighthowl.

He didn't kill Gamington, even though he could have.
He isn't like the other heroes, at least those you saw.
You can kill him, if you so wish. He is barely lingering on after all, and he no longer has the strength to fight. Or you can...well, help him?
Whatever your choice is, Chemista waits, as always, behind you.
In the end...
Did you even have Standards to begin with?

That's your decision to make.

Do you kill Knighthowl? Yes-No.

“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: September 03, 2013, 06:35:05 am »

Help him.

"You're a better man than most Heroes, Knighthowl. The one thing I want is a better city, and I can't do it myself. Chemista, go patch him up. I'm the Overlord here."

Go to find the others. Since Knighthowl knows where our Lair is now, find a new location for it.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: September 03, 2013, 06:36:18 am »

Help him

On another note, keep a close eye on him, or he might happen to pass away.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: September 03, 2013, 06:39:16 am »

*shrug*

If this is the path we've chosen, then finish it.

It's pointless to declare war if you're unwilling to follow through. If we're always fighting heroes but never killing them, we're going to end up an a never-ending treadmill until eventually we lose . If we're trying to "be the evil overlord" but always afraid to step on any toes, we're going to be a weak and ineffectual overlord. We chose this path, so walk it.

Kill him.

EDIT:
Tie him up and inject him with mutagen.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 06:41:04 am by LordBucket »

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: September 03, 2013, 06:40:49 am »

Help him

You are the kind of person I always wanted to be, Knightwolf. You are the kind of person I hope I will become. You are the kind of person that need to live.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: September 03, 2013, 06:41:58 am »

Help him

You are the kind of person I always wanted to be, Knightwolf. You are the kind of person I hope I will become. You are the kind of person that need to live.
Just keep your eyes open to the wrongs that HEROES will do, and fight them. Make sure you know the difference between Cruelty and Justice.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: September 03, 2013, 06:45:21 am »

He might be a tired old warrior who want a way out  but his morals and the system are preventing him to. If that is the case we should just kill him. If that is not the reason then we should help him.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: September 03, 2013, 06:48:18 am »

LordBucket, why are you always either so opposed to violence or so calmly suggesting that we proceed with the killing? Being a Hero is not about fighting while you think that violence is good and becoming pacifistic when you realise that is is bad. It is about making hard choices. We did not make any before, so let us begin our redemption by making one now.

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: September 03, 2013, 06:49:00 am »

while I would like to try and corrupt the guy, I'd guess considering his background we'd have a very hard time trusting him. worrying hed backstab us at every turn.

so the overlord guidebook compels me to:
Kill him edit: lord bucket has swayed me, we might aswell try the mutagen. (which is going to be weird since hes already a wolfman thing but hey! Science!)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 06:53:04 am by Talvara »

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: September 03, 2013, 06:49:51 am »

Inject him with mutagen.

If we do, he either joins us immediately like everyone else has, which would both help our philosophical quandry since we're avoided killing our friend and it also immediately makes us stronger...which we're kind of in need of anyway. Or, it changes his body, but he refuse to join us...in which case he becomes a monster and sees first hand what it's like on this side of the playing field, sees firsthand how the heroes treat monsters...and very likely becomes personally sympathetic to our cause.

Or, it kills him. In which case we don't have to worry about him attacking us again.

I see no downside to injecting him.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: September 03, 2013, 06:56:20 am »

Inject him with mutagen.

If we do, he either joins us immediately like everyone else has, which would both help our philosophical quandry since we're avoided killing our friend and it also immediately makes us stronger...which we're kind of in need of anyway. Or, it changes his body, but he refuse to join us...in which case he becomes a monster and sees first hand what it's like on this side of the playing field, sees firsthand how the heroes treat monsters...and very likely becomes personally sympathetic to our cause.

Or, it kills him. In which case we don't have to worry about him attacking us again.

I see no downside to injecting him.

You know, yes. We do not murder people, but there is nothing wrong with helping them see the truth.

That is, of course, if it makes any difference. He is already a wolfman. Aren't the heroes sometimes inhuman themselves?

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: September 03, 2013, 07:13:10 am »

Help him. Let him go. Do NOT do anything like inject with mutagens. Send him home on the airship he came in on.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: September 03, 2013, 07:14:34 am »

Help him. Let him go. Do NOT do anything like inject with mutagens. Send him home on the airship he came in on.
Meaning we loose

a) An airship
b) Our base
c) Our only option to evacuate our base (After all Psysquid already took the other airship)

So let's not to do that. Just keep him alive, and let's have another talk.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: September 03, 2013, 07:15:09 am »

LordBucket, why are you always either so opposed to
violence or so calmly suggesting that we proceed with the killing?

Your worldview and mine are so dissimilar that it's difficult for you to see the logical consistency behind my thinking. Our facts are different, so we naturally come to different conclusions.

Being a Hero is not about fighting while you think that violence is good and becoming pacifistic when you realise that is is
bad. It is about making hard choices. We did not make any before, so let us begin our redemption by making one now.

Spoiler: stuff (click to show/hide)

We do not murder people, but there is nothing wrong with helping them see the truth.

What are you talking about? Of course we do. We've killed lots of people when it accomplishes our goals. Why are you suddenly hesitant now? You were the one who wanted to stay and fight these people.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 213