Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 258385 times)

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #780 on: September 03, 2013, 04:19:50 am »

We are what we are. We are an overlord. Chemista did not manipulate us. Side with Chemista. But first, argue for more fluff.

As before, my main argument is that Chemista is the lesser of two evils, and we really did kill all those people on our own volition.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 04:21:34 am by Knit tie »

sebcool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: September 03, 2013, 04:26:55 am »

We are what we are. We are an overlord. Chemista did not manipulate us. Side with Chemista. But first, argue for more fluff.

As before, my main argument is that Chemista is the lesser of two evils, and we really did kill all those people on our own volition.
4) Argue for more fluff

What is the difference between us and Cerulean. Why was she tortured, and about to be executed. After all, she was just as much a hero as we were. Our deeds are far more severe than hers.

Besides, the estabilished system doesn't make mistakes. It's rotten to the core, and we need to purify it before it collapses on itself. Just like a rotten wound needs to be cleansed before Gangreen sets in. Knighthowl knows it. He tried to change the system, and was exciled to the Asylum in spite of his efforts.

+1
Derailing doesn't exist, derailed is the natural state of every thread.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: September 03, 2013, 04:29:22 am »

3) Side with Yourself (Leave)

I don't disagree with Chemista. I understand what she's done. I've seen what she has to show me. I can't argue with it. She's not wrong.

But Knightwolf is a friend, and he's the only reasonable hero we've run into this entire time. He spared Gamington, and rather than being a condescending crazed lunatic, he's talking to us right now. Killing him is not the answer.

Sail off into the sunset. Let these people sort out their own problems.

sebcool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: September 03, 2013, 04:36:11 am »

3) Side with Yourself (Leave)

I don't disagree with Chemista. I understand what she's done. I've seen what she has to show me. I can't argue with it. She's not wrong.

But Knightwolf is a friend, and he's the only reasonable hero we've run into this entire time. He spared Gamington, and rather than being a condescending crazed lunatic, he's talking to us right now. Killing him is not the answer.

Sail off into the sunset. Let these people sort out their own problems.

Remember that siding with yourself will probably lead to both if them turning on you. Chemistra already said that she would kill you if you decided to just leave and not give a fuck. Knightwolf will probably also be a little pissed off at you. Leaving would be suicide, and even if you beat them both, it's basically a game over for us.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: September 03, 2013, 04:42:34 am »

Chemistra already said that she would kill you if you decided to just leave and not give
a fuck. Knightwolf will probably also be a little pissed off at you.

Why are you so concerned about what they do? I'm more interested in what we do.

it's basically a game over for us.

Yes. But it's the right way to end the game. If you want the game to keep going, siding with Chemista is the only valid option.

But personally I find "sailed off into the sunset and raised his adopted goo-girl daughter somewhere far away from the troubles of B-city" to be a more satisfying ending than "allowed the mind controller to trick us into killing our former friend, then spent another 100 thread pages grinding missions after the clever, and emotionally charged part of the story ended."

« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 05:00:30 am by LordBucket »

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: September 03, 2013, 04:45:36 am »

Perhaps I should elaborate on my views.

Chemista did not do anything other than put and established character, ourselves, in a new role. She took a hero and made it fight humans and oter heroes instead of monsters and villains. Her intent was to show that hero how violent, facshist and bllodthirsty the heroes were. And she succeeded, not only because we saw the brutality towards monsters, but also because we saw our own actions. Think about it, if we were sneaking not into the HEROES asylum, but into an evil base, and inside we saw a little monster girl whose mother our underling brutally murdered in front of her very eyes, waiting to be brainwashed, would we kidnap her? No, we would have killed her, because it is easier. What if an overlord would have kidnapped our magical girl side-kick and tortured her on video? We would have raided his base and built mountains out of the corpses of everybody we found there - civilians, scientists, janitors - everyone. When a hero does not fight monsters, it is blatantly evident that he, himself, is a monster. We exemplify the failures of the heroes' system, and, if we have any speck of normal, human soul inside our chest, we should make it our life's mission not to fight monsters for humans, or fight humans for monsters, but to make sure that people like us will stop appearing from this sea of blood and violence and that murderers are seen for what they are.

sebcool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: September 03, 2013, 04:53:40 am »

Chemistra already said that she would kill you if you decided to just leave and not give

Yes. But it's the right way to end the game. If you want the game to keep going, siding with Chemista is the only valid option.

But personally I find "sailed off into the sunset and raised his adopted goo-girl daughter somewhere far away from the troubles of B-city" to be a more satisfying ending than "allowed the mind controller to trick us into killing our former friend, then spent another 100 thread pages grinding missions after the clever, and emotionally charged part of the story ended."

Hey, who says the next 100 pages won't be fun? Expanding our base, building our evil army. Before we were small fry, struggling to even field a single ten man team. Now we have raised the bar, we've slayed their best, destroyed their propaganda machine, burned entire city blocks to the ground! We can't give up now, we won't give up now! World domination is in our grasp! Our zeppelins will block out the sun, and all shall tremble at the might of our army of cogs! It will be awesome!

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: September 03, 2013, 05:05:23 am »

LordBucket, why are you trying to force ignorance back onto Incognito? We are not a victim of Chemista, nor are we a pawn of HEROES. We. Are. Guilty. Of murder, of favoritism, of lack of compassion towards our enemies, but mostly of ignorance. We couldn't see the side opposing us, whether human or monstrous, as anything other than pure, cackling evil that had to be killed simply because "it is the right thing to do". We couldn't see that among heroes there are Knighthowls, that among villains there are Gamingtons, that we would have killed Cerulean without a second thought if she were on that hospital bed, that if she were a hero while tortured inside that plastic box we would have ordered some popcorn and enjoyed the show, that murder is murder no matter who is getting murdered! It is not the heroes, or the monsters that are evil, it is the system. The world itself propagates violence and feeds off it.

So please, make Incognito realise this. Make him see that nobody is evil or good, that it is this goddams city that causes everyone to suffer.

Riding off into the sunset , then, would be impossible for him, as he is a good man inside. He would do the right thing and side with Chemista to use his power as the overlord to topple the foundatons of this brutal regime, make it so that there would be no heroes and no villains, no "good" that considers the opposition "evil", and no need for both humans and monsters to hate each other.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 05:17:35 am by Knit tie »

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: September 03, 2013, 05:19:54 am »

murder is murder no matter who is getting murdered! It is not the heroes,
or the monsters that are evil, it is the system.

So if murder is murder regardless of which side is being murdered...then isn't refusing to murder either side the best solution?

Riding off into the sunset , then, would be impossible for him, as he is a good man inside. He would do the
right thing and side with Chemista to use his power as the overlord to topple the foundatons of this brutal regim

...so...you say that murder is wrong no matter which side is being murdered...and therefore the solution is to pick a side and murder them? I don't follow your reasoning.

From your previous post:

if we have any speck of normal, human soul inside our chest, we should make it our life's
mission not to fight monsters for humans, or fight humans for monsters

The easiest way to do that is to choose to stop fighting. Not to pick a side and make the other side dead.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: September 03, 2013, 05:25:17 am »

Side with Chemista
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: September 03, 2013, 05:26:59 am »

Sadly, I'm afraid that retreat is not an option. We'll likely be killed before we're out of the room. Even if we aren't the Heroes will hunt us down for who we are, and what we did.

Hence the only real option is more plot exposition, and hope to convince on of both hostile parties.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: September 03, 2013, 05:38:35 am »

Become non-HEROES Hero.

"I can be a Hero. But what she's saying about Heroes being as big a monster as any Villain... It's true, Knighthowl. It's all true. If you're only looking at it from your side, you're blinded by the bigger picture. So I can't join HEROES.
"But I can't change a thing about this world if I'm a Villain. Villainy is a path of despair, and bring pain to others. I've already managed to order the slaughter of at least a thousand, and I've always known that sort of thing is not Evil, it's Cruel. So I can't join you either, Chemista.
"So here is what I am going to do. I am going to leave, and I am going to make this city a better place. And Heaven help anyone who gets in my way."

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: September 03, 2013, 05:39:14 am »

Sadly, I'm afraid that retreat is not an option. We'll likely be killed before we're out of the room.
Even if we aren't the Heroes will hunt us down for who we are, and what we did.

Wait, so you're saying it's not an option to leave because they'll come after us...and your solution to this is to stay here, continuing being the overlord, continue wreaking havoc in the city, because...what, if we do that they won't come after us?

That doesn't make sense.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: September 03, 2013, 05:39:27 am »

murder is murder no matter who is getting murdered! It is not the heroes,
or the monsters that are evil, it is the system.

So if murder is murder regardless of which side is being murdered...then isn't refusing to murder either side the best solution?

Riding off into the sunset , then, would be impossible for him, as he is a good man inside. He would do the
right thing and side with Chemista to use his power as the overlord to topple the foundatons of this brutal regim

...so...you say that murder is wrong no matter which side is being murdered...and therefore the solution is to pick a side and murder them? I don't follow your reasoning.

From your previous post:

if we have any speck of normal, human soul inside our chest, we should make it our life's
mission not to fight monsters for humans, or fight humans for monsters

The easiest way to do that is to choose to stop fighting. Not to pick a side and make the other side dead.

What I propose is that we side with Chemista (after some more exposition) and continue fighting heroes, but not because killing heroes is the right thing. Instead, we will destroy the system of Heroes vs. Villains itself, we will change the world.

LordBucket, I fully support you in your comment that both the HEROES and Chemista are as bad as the opposition presents them to be, but I do not support your position of apathy. The corrupt system needs to be changed, and the only feasible way to do this is, sadly, through more deaths. We side with Chemista simply because she has not, and will not, brainwash us, unlike the HEROES.

We are a murderer, but we can try and make sure that the world will never need murderers of our caliber again.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: September 03, 2013, 05:41:09 am »

Sadly, I'm afraid that retreat is not an option. We'll likely be killed before we're out of the room.
Even if we aren't the Heroes will hunt us down for who we are, and what we did.

Wait, so you're saying it's not an option to leave because they'll come after us...and you solution to this is to stay here, continuing being the overlord, continue wreaking havoc in the city, because...what, if we do that they won't come after us?

That doesn't make sense.
My solution is to put of the decision. It works for politics.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 213