Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 258350 times)

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #705 on: September 02, 2013, 01:48:25 pm »

I think we can take the guy, hes not THE hero or anything. hes just pretty heroic and if I recall Chemista has a history with the guy (which is why she should be by our side when we face him).

Psysquid is in the unique position of being pretty powerfull while we dont really like him, making him that nice blend of exendable and competent. If psysquid survives or even wins, then nice. if he doesn't... well... I'm sure he'll go out with a bang.

really, we got this. no need to get that escape Zeppelin ready. NightHowl has shown his arrogance and has chosen to face us where we're strongest.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: September 02, 2013, 01:51:21 pm »

On a side note, let's try to taunt him a bit over the intercom. I mean, he failed twice against us already.

sebcool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: September 02, 2013, 01:55:03 pm »

Bah, ninjad! I'll just quote my edit.

The problem is that we can put either 2 advisors or one advisor and up to 19 minions in a room. We are stronger than Psysquid, as shadenight said. All minions we have together are stronger than psysquid. Chemista almost certainly can't do anything about that psychopatic wolf paladin. The strongest defence we are able to muster and cram in a room involves us and everyone we have left aside from the goo girls and the squid.

In short, us + all minions is stronger than Psysquid + all minions, and without minions I do not believe we can kill Knighthowl, so let's not tempt the RNG and Replace Psysquid with ourselves in

Room 1: (underwater mining installation) dark advisor: Psysquid with Sidekick Snowstar, The Behemoth catfishes and all minions we can pile on.

And tell Chemista, Psysquid and Cerulean to run and hide, as there is no chance they will win against Knighthowl.

Remember that even if he beats the first room, he'll hopefully be too wounded to be much of a threat to us, and if he manages to beat the first room with us in it, we lose everything. Besides, in almost any game, the final battle is always fought in the very last level, and usually not along with a group of mooks. Mooks are for henchmen, Overlords have Style and Standards.
Derailing doesn't exist, derailed is the natural state of every thread.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: September 02, 2013, 01:56:04 pm »

Another note, retreats exist for a reason.

sebcool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: September 02, 2013, 02:04:13 pm »

Another note, retreats exist for a reason.

Yes, but we'll be wound- Wait, that's perfect! Have us first face the hero in the underwater mine with whatever badass monster we have (probably our catfish), then retreat when he defeats said monster and use Plot Armor to escape to our inner sanctum unharmed. Then have Physquid face him with EVERY SINGLE MINION, SIDEKICK AND WHATEVER MONSTERS WE DIDN'T USE! in the generator room. Then we can have the final showdown with whoever we didn't want to risk in the throne room.

This is, of course, assuming that we are actually allowed to use Plot Armor escape the first room. If we don't have a plot guarantee of surviving the first room, we should proceed with the old plan.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 02:05:55 pm by sebcool »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: September 02, 2013, 02:05:54 pm »

We don't have plot armour.

If we had, then we would be invulnerable, as we're not facing The Hero.

Vash_M87

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: September 02, 2013, 02:06:58 pm »

First things first. Loving this game! Exceptional narration from shadenight and brilliant gamesystem! Also, just finished reading up on the entire thread and if it's ok i'd like to enter the game and post some suggestions! Starting with:

Psysquid is in the unique position of being pretty powerfull while we dont really like him, making him that nice blend of exendable and competent. If psysquid survives or even wins, then nice. if he doesn't... well... I'm sure he'll go out with a bang.
Tottaly agree with this^.
We are not expendable. Advisors and all the other units are Assets for us, regardless of our relationships with them. In the end we are an Evil Overlord in a quest for Evil!
So i'd say, put Psysquid with SnowStar (expendable) as sidekick plus Fluffy, SilGoo, Mr. Wuffle and all available cogs in the first room (the generator room i think). Coordinate the fight through the pipe system, sending a full retreat order whenever the fight seems like its going south.
Last stand on the second room, in case psysquid is too hurt to fight anymore, Us+cerulean and Chemista+German. If psysquid is in fighting condition, him+snowstar and Chemist+german. Once again, coordinate fighting through the pipesystem.
If last stand fails, regroup all surviving personel, leave one of the advisors as a stall and escape via zepelin.

EDITš: Also its good to remind everyone about the Lord Gaminton's last stand. Advisors get bonuses as they get cornered (probably based on their personal resolve). Its really probable that Psysquid will be able to defeat the hero even if he gets severly injuried/dies in the process.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 02:12:23 pm by Vash_M87 »

sebcool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: September 02, 2013, 02:08:10 pm »

We don't have plot armour.

If we had, then we would be invulnerable, as we're not facing The Hero.

Damn, you sure he ain't the new Hero or something? I kinda assumed that since shade said that if they defeated us and reached our throne room, that we would have plot armor until they reached the throne room.

Edit: Wait, nevermind, it says if the Overlord is killed or they reach the throne room. Stupid me. Ah well, I'll go with the original plan, then.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 02:13:02 pm by sebcool »

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: September 02, 2013, 02:10:21 pm »

Okay, so here's a plan of action:

Step 1: Get ourselves, and all of our combat minions, into a room. Focus all firepower on Knighthowl. I would recommend having a conversation in the time between now and us reaching the room, possibly inquiring about THE hero, and what happened to them.
Step 2: If that fails, retreat. Psysquid will be waiting in the next room to back us up against the presumably-wounded hero, and we'll try again to finish him off with that first-round bonus Psysquid has.
Step 3: If Psysquid is slain, retreat again, to Chemista, Cerulean and German. Try to hold out long enough for Knighthowl to collapse from blood loss or some such thing.

Room plan is:

Room 1: Us+minions and Snowstar.
Room 2: Psysquid.
Room 3: Chemista+Cerulean+German.

Even if we die in the attempt, Psysquid might be able to save Cerulean from Knighthowl, and she'll be able to take up our legacy when she's old enough.

sebcool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: September 02, 2013, 02:18:47 pm »

Okay, so here's a plan of action:

Step 1: Get ourselves, and all of our combat minions, into a room. Focus all firepower on Knighthowl. I would recommend having a conversation in the time between now and us reaching the room, possibly inquiring about THE hero, and what happened to them.
Step 2: If that fails, retreat. Psysquid will be waiting in the next room to back us up against the presumably-wounded hero, and we'll try again to finish him off with that first-round bonus Psysquid has.
Step 3: If Psysquid is slain, retreat again, to Chemista, Cerulean and German. Try to hold out long enough for Knighthowl to collapse from blood loss or some such thing.

Room plan is:

Room 1: Us+minions and Snowstar.
Room 2: Psysquid.
Room 3: Chemista+Cerulean+German.

Even if we die in the attempt, Psysquid might be able to save Cerulean from Knighthowl, and she'll be able to take up our legacy when she's old enough.

Pretty close to my room plan, except I would have placed most of the mooks except the aquatic ones in the second room instead. Better to bring out the really big guns when he's wounded and his bonuses are down. This is still assuming we are actually sure to survive if, for example, we roll a one or they roll a 12, in case we don't, we really shouldn't risk losing this early.

Cattani

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: September 02, 2013, 02:19:18 pm »

Us+cerulean and Chemista+German

+1.
Chemista gets her bonus from her sidekick (German), we get bonus from ours (Cerulean). Chemista has history with this guy, so she may get some nice damage going, and if Psysquid can do a last-stand like Lord Gamington, Knighthowl would have every bone in his body shattered, so not too far from death. We+cerulean added with Chemista+German in the last room will probably kill him. IF PSYSQUID CAN DO LAST-STANDS this would be almost 100% effective. Even if he can't, this is still the best setup IMO.

After killing him, find Lord Gamington's corpse and fuse his body with Knighthowl's. If his ROM memory is ok he should be able to get revived.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: September 02, 2013, 02:21:12 pm »

Note: We don't have plot armor. Or at least, we shouldn't count on it.

((For example, Cerulean taking the bullet for us is a form of plot armor.))

sebcool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: September 02, 2013, 02:27:59 pm »

Note: We don't have plot armor. Or at least, we shouldn't count on it.

((For example, Cerulean taking the bullet for us is a form of plot armor.))

Alright, famous last stand for Physquid in the underwater mine with every mook we have it is.

Wait, wouldn't our catfish, say, crashing itself through a pressure dome when it dies provide enough distraction to get away. It is our loyal pet, after all, it should provide suitable plot armor.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 02:34:15 pm by sebcool »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: September 02, 2013, 02:29:28 pm »

You're trusting the GM to be nice at that point. Out of personal experience,  I can say that is a mistake.

sebcool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: September 02, 2013, 02:33:58 pm »

Alright, maybe we could have our aquatic monsters basically harry him through to the underwater mine before a First Boss Battle. Then we could have the rest of the mook-
This is sounding more and more like Talvara's other suggestion. Yeah, I say we just use that one instead. It probably doesn't have the same bonus as Fluffy anyway.

Or maybe we should throw the Catfishes on the hero seperatly?

Room 1: (zepplin landing) Behemoth catfishes.
Room 2: (underwater mining installation) dark advisor: Psysquid with Sidekick Snowstar, and all minions we can pile on.
Room 3: (throneroom or Generator room) InCogNito and Chemista.

+1
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 02:36:13 pm by sebcool »
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 213