Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 258304 times)

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #570 on: September 01, 2013, 04:21:48 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You name the creature...Fluffy.

You now have one Fluffy among your Dark Minions.

Also, since it's the night, you quietly begin placing glasses and pipes for camera purposes around the lair. The end result of it all is a sleepless night and an all new set of pipes -which frankly are practically invisible since your lair is filled with pipes- which end up in your room, at a sort of organ-like construction where, once you sit down, you can start playing to redirect the pipes and the glasses to watch everything that goes around.
You did think about creating a sort of steam super-computer...but that would require at the very least a room as big as the lair itself.
"Nanananaaaa," you hum on the organ to check it, and soon a pipe comes down to let you see through the glass and into the kitchen, where Psysquid is currently munching on some squid tentacles.
Is it cannibalism?

You redirect it, and you watch the laboratory spring to life as Chemista enters sliding through, soon followed by German waggling his tail.
Another flick, and you're looking at Cerulean animatedly talking with Lord Gamington about something and Lord Gamington making a 'not a chance in hell' gesture.
You frown, another note rises in the air and you move down a pipe close by to listen in through the reverberation.

"I will not without the Overlord approval."
"But!"
"No, he can have a soft spot for you, but I have yet to see proof of you understanding what it means to have standards. Why don't you go and ask Psysquid?"
Cerulean grumbles. "You're impossible!"
"He did avenge your mother, didn't he? And you're both bloodthirsty enough so I'm sure he'd be delighted to help you."
"I'm not talking to him."
"And I'm not talking to you," Lord Gamington remarked. "I heard what happened. If you hadn't killed that mother, then that child wouldn't be beneath the ground! Killing a child is seldom something someone with standards does."
"It was the safest way!"
"The easy path seldom brings to True Evil!" Lord Gamington's exclamation marks the end of the discussion, as he leaves her.

You watch as Cerulean brings up both Goo-like arms to the air in a 'ahhh' growl of frustration, before surfing away towards her own room and closing it with a strong slam.

Upkeep

You decide you still need your breakfast, and thus enter the kitchen to find Psysquid chewing happily on his dried squid tentacles.
He munches them with a crunch-crunch sound that has you stare at him for a moment.
He looks back.
Crunch.Crunch.
You blink.
Slurp.
He swallows the dried tentacles.
"Your evilness?"
"Yes?"
"Is there a reason you're staring at me?"
"Don't you think it's cannibalism?"
"Uhm...dog eat dog and I'm evil?" he hazards as justification.
"It doesn't taste like...well, human flesh?"
"Why would it? I never tasted human flesh."
"Yes, but...shouldn't it give you the 'ewwss'?"
"The ew? No, why? It's dried squid. Want a tentacle?"
"No, thanks," you shake your head.
You'll have your seagulls eggs and seagull bacon for the morning. It's not difficult when you have seagulls making nests on the upper pipes of your lair, and the eggs roll down directly in the kitchen.
Then, it's mission time.

2) Choose your mission

1) MY HEART WILL GO OOONNNNNN. Destruction. "So, we can destroy a hospital, acquire some medical equipment, watch as a few critical health patients die...usual Evilness stuff your evilness," Psysquid remarks. Hospital Guards present. Average chance of Hero present.
2) They told me I was too good to be true. I became bad. Mixed. "A Hero side-kick wants to defect on our side, your evilness. I'm not actually eager to have a latex-pants boy or girl around the lair. Although we can mutate him in something more worthy..." High Chance of Hero present. Low chance of Special Forces present.
3) Kettle, meet pot. Pot, meet guy with dreadlocks. Control. "Whoever controls the pot controls the potheads," Psysquid remarks. "We should try to convert a few potheads to our side. They make for excellent informers...and nobody actually looks at the potheads like human being to begin with." Average chance of Police present. Low chance of Special Forces present.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: September 01, 2013, 04:56:25 am »

I'd go with 1 and 2. We could use more evil sidekicks, but we should be wary.

Also, ask Cerulean what she and Lord G were arguing about.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Cattani

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: September 01, 2013, 05:29:34 am »

I vote for 3 for sure. We can distribute our Call-A-Hero to the potheads so they will be making random false calls or drawing the hero's attention away from our current operation. We could even have some of them form an extremist armed side to begin some riots. Also, we've been doing very few pure control missions, and those are our speciality.
As for our secondary steam engine, i would go for some exploratory underwater mission. We've been attracting too much attention recently and our base is not yet equipped with proper defenses.

Also, GM, what kind of defenses does our base have?

Also, i still vote for buying a farm and breaching caverns. If this universe is somewhat similar to DF, we could find a Candy vein and use it as our last final weapon ("Kill me and i'll release the clowns. You know they enjoy some fresh air"). Also get Candy to pump up Lord Gaminton.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 05:32:25 am by Cattani »

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: September 01, 2013, 06:53:34 am »

3 & 2. Gamington on 2, because he has his nice combat abilities, and Chemista/Psysquid on 3. Ideally chemista, but psysquid hasn't been doing much recently.
 Oh, and also, give Fluffy a collar. One side should read 'Fluffy' and the other 'If found please return to [REDACTED]'
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: September 01, 2013, 06:57:09 am »

+1 to 2 or 3. 1 will make us drop even further beyond their view of the Moral Event Horison. We've seen the positive results that Cerulean has given us so far, so I'm supporting 2, but 3 is fine as well.

Casually ask Cerulean if she needs any help with her magical rock project. It's rather amusing to watch her squirm as she absolutely fails at keeping it secret.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: September 01, 2013, 07:00:46 am »

I vote for 3 for sure. We can distribute our Call-A-Hero to the potheads so they will be making random false calls or drawing the hero's attention away from our current operation. We could even have some of them form an extremist armed side to begin some riots. Also, we've been doing very few pure control missions, and those are our speciality.
As for our secondary steam engine, i would go for some exploratory underwater mission. We've been attracting too much attention recently and our base is not yet equipped with proper defenses.

Also, i still vote for buying a farm and breaching caverns. If this universe is somewhat similar to DF, we could find a Candy vein and use it as our last final weapon ("Kill me and i'll release the clowns. You know they enjoy some fresh air"). Also get Candy to pump up Lord Gaminton.

+1 to distributing Hero Caller to random potheads.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: September 01, 2013, 07:26:15 am »

+1 to distributing Hero Caller to random potheads.

-1 to doing so. We do not even have the herocallers yet. I still propose we do missions 2 and 3, though, and give Fluffy and the guardogs a field test alongside Gamington. We should also send out the chimera with him.

Speaking of Gamington, we should go and ask him what he thinks of our actions lately, the mindbroken girl euthanasia especially. Do not give him any ideas that we overheard his discussion with Cerulean, instead act as if that question has been torturing us for a while. He is our most loyal follower so far, we should keep up the good relations and he clearly does not consider what we did there right.

And we should give Gamington and whoever we send to the potheads explicit orders to grab any prostututes they see and bring them to our lair.

If possible, also arm the cogs.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 07:51:58 am by Knit tie »

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #577 on: September 01, 2013, 09:40:00 am »

Your base has the most awesome defense ever.
Basically, your own minions, your own Dark Advisors, and whatever else rocks your boat that is yours within.
Because Heroes don't follow the normal laws of physics, and when they raid a lair somehow they always, always avoid the anti-air guns.
Or the anti-ship guns.
Really, it's unnerving knowing that no matter what type of defenses you build, Heroes will bypass them. Only 'living' creatures are an apt defense against heroes.

Lord Gamington is currently working on refining his cane-lance when you enter his quarters. "Your evilness! What can I do for you?"
"Ehi, Lord Gamington...what do you think about the last mission?"
"Chemista filled me in," Gamington replies dryly. "And I asked one of the Cogs." he adds then, "It's the sort of things that leave a bitter taste in your mouth, you know? Because it could be avoided. It was a meaningless and senseless death, Overlord. It could have been avoided. And, well," he looks sideways. "I never told anyone else but...as a policeman, they give you free medical insurance. I...well, there's my younger brother who's really sick and constantly in the hospital. I've been sending him money every now and then since Chemista said it was fine and 'we're drowning in it, you really think anyone's going to care?' and so on, and he's the only family I have left. I dunno...thinking of someone else in a hospital bed, thinking of how easily they can die with just a drop of poison...that doesn't make me happy at all," he looks elsewhere.
"But the Power of Dance-Dance-Evil will certainly save the day, your evilness! So don't worry about little old Lord Gamington! Go on, let us fight Good in our quest of Evil!"

You move towards Cerulean's room and this time, you just use your Overlord Overpass to enter the room.
"Ehi!" Cerulean squeaks as you enter as she hastily tried to hide behind herself a poorly dented pipe with a bit of dutch tape hanging from its upper side -as well as a brightly lit magical crystal on top of it.
"Ah...uhm...didn't I close the door?" she hazards, looking at you and hastily trying to ignore the elephant in the room.
"What is that?" you ask calmly.
"What is what?" she repeats looking frantically around for a place to hide her 'nothing'.
"That magical rock on a stick you have."
"It's dutch-taped to a pipe!" she replies affronted, before biting on her goo-tongue and sighing. "Oh...well..." she mutters, taking the pipe out from behind her. "I suck at keeping secrets."
"And you asked Gamington to help?"
Her head hung low, she adds then. "I just wanted to...do something, you know? Something more than being a side-kick. I want to help you, dad! Can I be a Dark Advisor too? Once I've got the magical wand completed, I can become one! Pretty please? I'll work for free I swear!" with that, she moves close to you and waits an answer.
"But it's dangerous, and..."
"I want to help you more dad! Being a side-kick isn't all that great if I can't show you how strong I am, please!"
You look at her Goo-wide eyes. If you make her a Dark Advisor, she'll no longer be a side-kick.

Do you let her?

For Mission Two:

For Mission Three:
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: September 01, 2013, 09:44:26 am »

Let her. But make her use some kind of adhesive other than duct tape.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: September 01, 2013, 10:05:13 am »

"Soon, Cerulean. Soon. If I am satisfied with your performance in the next mission, then yes, I will promote you to Dark Advisor."

Turn to leave.

"Oh, and find a better adhesive for the Magic Staff, will you?"

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: September 01, 2013, 10:07:11 am »

Say that once we'll have completed her magic wand (yes, build one for her, and do not use adhesive tape) she will go on a mission with us as a test and see for herself how well she performs. If she then thinks that she will be alright facing whatever the hell we'll face in that mission alone, she can be a Dark Advisor. Make it perfectly clear for her that she will lose the position the moment she kills anyone without an excellent reason. She saw what happens when you murder random people.

As for the teams,

2: Gamington, Fluffy, Chimera, 2 guardogs, 5 cogs
3: Chemista+Cerulean, Piggybank, 7 cogs

Again, they should kidnap all wenches they see.

Cattani

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: September 01, 2013, 10:40:07 am »

2: Gamington, Fluffy, Chimera, 2 guardogs, 5 cogs
3: Chemista+Cerulean, Piggybank, 7 cogs

+1 that.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: September 01, 2013, 10:53:51 am »

I have to be honest mission 3 is the one im most interested in because of all the things we can do with our pot-heads. Hell maybe we can teach them to play music and raves that go out of control.

EDIT: NO we need side-kicks as a mini-dark adviser. Maybe in the future when she's grown up in maturity and skill will she maybe be allowed to be an adviser. Plus what advice could a 13 y/o give us?

-we should totally go to that wild party for evil dad! what no? you hate me!
Also for mission 3 if the police or special forces come in just try to use spin a story about how the system is going to try harder in the future to clamp down on them and take all of their pot. But that you will do everything in your power to stop them even give them powers to help fight off oppressive anti-pot forces.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 11:53:12 am by 3man75 »

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #583 on: September 01, 2013, 12:25:17 pm »

"All right dad! Thanks!"
You decide you'll 'test' her on another mission you'll participate in with her. For the moment, you'll see how she does as a Dark Side-Kick once more.

That said, it is time for carnage.

Mission Two: CORRUPTION CARNAGE

Lord Gamington departs aboard his zeppelin, his gaze held high like his chest, his cane up in the air. Next to him, Fluffy is growling happily while Chimera is cautiously approaching. The two Guardogs lick the Cogs' faces, while the Cogs just look around exclaiming every now and then 'COG! COG? COG!'

Still, it's going to be a perfect mission.
What could possibly go wrong?

The meeting place is located at a dark and shady bar. Gamington enters with relative ease, while Fluffy is given an enormous trench-coat and a sign that says -I am just a really big boned hero. Leave me in peace.
Chimera enters with Lord Gamington, passing off as a nice pet. The Guardogs and the Cogs all wear trench-coats and fedora hats.
The Hero-Side-Kick he looks for is soon found. Gamington's eyes narrow as they come across a young boy in his mid teens.
He's got a serious case of acne, and his bright orange hair has dulled out with filth and grime.
He's sobbing his displeasure in a glass of milk -in a shady bar, that's like asking a whore for a hug.
Still, he keeps on sobbing as Gamington nears him.
"Hello! Why so low? Dance and the pain will go away!"
"I..." he sobs, "I was kicked out of the fantastic Twenty-Eight," he bitterly swallows the milk. "They said it would be silly to get up to thirty members by hiring another Hero for me to be the side-kick of, and they wanted to make room for the chief's girlfriend. That lolicon bastard got his paws all over a magical girl side-kick and went with her. I...I need to pay the bills. My mother's in a lofty retirement home and frankly, there's not enough pay for one like me who's already way past his side-kick prime. They always want them fresh and young." He snorts out. "Like it matters. The moment you get some acne or a cavity or whatever...you start becoming a B-series hero, you know? And that sucks because...because you try hard not to and...there's the end to meet and..."
"now, now," Gamington states plainly, "Everything is going to be all right now! You can come with us and we'll dance the pain away!"

"Really?" he asks back, his eyes watery.
"Yes! His Overlordness Incognito has a very nice insurance policy for Side-Kicks."
"So you'll take me to him?"
"Of course!"
"Oh," he closes his eyes. "You're a really nice person, you know?"
"Uhm...why are you saying that?"
"Because i'm sorry i'll have to take you in."
Then he slams the glass against Gamington's face and jumps backwards, going through a flurry of movements to reveal himself as a HERO!

"I AM SORROWFUL DRINKER KNOWN AS THE MILK CRIER!" his entire attire changes to one completely white, with a bright orange visor on his face.
"Prepare to be defeated, evildoers!"
"Now that's not fair," Lord Gamington snaps his fingers as the entire bar's roof is removed. "I hadn't even presented you FLUFFY yet!"

The moment Sorrowful Drinker, the Trademark Hero, stumbles forward to fight, it is clear luck isn't on his side. Even though he is powered up by the power of milk -HEROES Milk! Make your children stronger!- he ultimately fails because he stumbles backwards, gets 'caned' by Gamington and then slammed and passed around by the Cogs as if he were a basketball.
Finally, he is slammed down on the ground, unconscious.

"Uhm...now I wonder where the hell our Side-Kick is," Gamington remarks dryly, "COG SQUAD! DIVIDE AND LOOK FOR THE SIDE-KICK!"

Behind the bar, tied and roped, is the side-kick in question.

Pale skinned, with bright red eyes and white hair, the boy in question appears extremely graceful.
"Thank you," he whispers kindly as the Cogs free him. "I am Snowkid," he adds then in a graceful voice. "He assaulted me and knocked me out...Can...Can I join you?"
Gamington shrugs. "COURSE YOU CAN! LET US DANCE INTO THE NIGHT THEN! DANCE. DANCE: DANCE!" shaking his hips, he starts to dance his way out of the room.
Soon followed by the rest of his troop and a shyly smiling Snowkid.

Dark Side-Kick Acquired: Snowkid!

Mission Three: POTHEAD CARNAGE

"That is the stupidest thing I heard in a long while, Cerulean," Chemista states plainly. "You aren't fit to become a Dark Advisor."
"I so am!" Cerulean replies crossing her arms over her chest. "I'm going to show you too! Dad said I could if I did well! Well, I got the magic wand working now!" to prove it, she extracts a pipe, a magical crystal wielded to said pipe, and a golden plastic star placed atop it all.
"That's horrible," Chemista snaps back. "It's a metal rod with a crystal on top. It's disgusting and frankly I'm surprised the Overlord even let you keep it. Give it here, now," she brought her hand up.
"But it's mine!" Cerulean states, gripping on to it firmly.
"Young miss! You give that thing over here right now or I'll turn your buttocks so red you'll be pleading you weren't able to feel you goo-cells hurting in every point of your body!"
Biting her lips, Cerulean obliges, before looking sideways and crossing her arms over her chest. "Meanie!"
"Do your job and stop blabbering."

The Potheads are nice persons. If not for the fact that they have decided their entire life-philosophy must circle around wearing a metallic pot over their head with two holes to see through.
Why, where you expecting another type of Pothead?

"So, are you willing to help us out?" Chemista says at the end of very hard Corruption workings.
"Of course, brah," the Pothead replies. "We're gonna pot it! And we're gonna pot the plants! And pot the pot! And we'll pot-pot!"
"Good, now remember: if you have any info you want to give us, just phone the following number. Do so from the telephone at the docks, understood?"
"Yeah brah, yeah..."
As soon as the potheads leave, Cerulean comments snappishly.
"And they'd help dad better than me?"
"Everyone has a place in evilness, Cerulean. Yours is not as a Dark Advisor," Chemista deadpans as they slowly make their way out...
and right into the crossfire.
"MOW. THEM. DOWN!"
With a terrifying roar, bullets start flying from the Police (4) and the Special Forces (2).

The battle is over before it can even truly begin.
Bullets graze and tear apart the Cogs, the Piggybank cannot even begin to turn useful, that the anti-armor points of the guns of the Special Forces strike through it as if he was but butter.
The bullets pierce through Cerulean, who uses her own body to shield the Dark Advisor from damage.
Chemista looks at the scene and clenches her goo-like fists, before coming to a conclusion.
"We'll come back."
And with that, she drops into liquid form and disappears into the nearby sewer grate.
Chemista Passive Ability: Liquification -Escape from Battle unless Overlord is present.

Cerulean twitches, as the bullets of the Special Forces apparently contain something that solidify her Goo-like matter.
One of the special forces men move closer to her, and then brings up a scroll.
"She matches the description," he says to the others. "This one's a veritable monster."
"She looks like a girl," a policeman states walking close, "My daughter's probably her age."
"Yeah, well your daughter doesn't eat people, does she?"
"Urgh...I saw the video," the second policeman remarks. Then, he takes out his gun. "Ehi, you seeing what I'm seeing?"
The Special Force smiles, "Of course, she's trying to escape."
The safety from the guns are unlocked.
Cerulean's eyes widen in shock as her body remains unresponsive.

"Well, she's going to feel it all. As long as we don't burn her, she'll be nice and ready to be interrogated on where the Overlord is."
"N-No..." Cerulean croaks out.
"Uh, the bitch said something?" a foot slams on the side of Cerulean's face. A foot that she feels and cannot even absorb to try a petty form of revenge. "Thought so."
Tears try to form in the corners of Cerulean's eyes.
"Let's get this over with. Open Fire."
And with that, pain is all Cerulean feels before she blacks out.

Weather the Storm

"URGENT NEWS!" Casternews' voice fills the air, "TODAY, A MONSTER OF THE OVERLORD HAS BEEN CAPTURED!" with a maddening laughter, Casternews shows the photo of Cerulean inside a tight cube made of plexiglass. "This monster refers to herself as 'Cerulean' and is one of the most bloodthirsty lieutenant of the Overlord! She has yet to reveal where the Overlord's lair is at, but rest assured citizens, once she has the full might of the HEROES association will fall on him! At present, she is held captive in the HEROES PRISON, in B-city!" then Casternews' voice grows quiet as he adds, "Hey, Overlord...you know she's been screaming about 'daddy coming to save her' for a while? Let's face it...between you and me...you're a cold-hearted bastard for letting her believe you've got a heart. Just going to let her die aren't you? No reason to put yourself in a trap to save her..."
Then his voice returns normal.
"And now, we will transmit a twenty-four hour special of Cerulean, the Cannibal Monster Girl, being tortured live for information on where the Overlord's lair is! Remain seated but send your kids to bed! Oh my..."
The image changes to a moving film of Cerulean held inside a large plexiglass bottle.
"First is the acid drop! What next? Oh, they're starting to overheat the cube! Man, hear her screams! Isn't that symphony seeing evil being punished!?"
You close your eyes.
You turn off the television, and then you stand up.
Chemista arrives half an hour later, removing from her shoulder a dead rat from the sewers.

"We were ambushed," she begins calmly. "They had the initiative. The mission is a success, but Cerulean was captured. She probably won't reveal the location of the lair...meaning they'll execute her the day after tomorrow."

Captured People and You.

What do you do?

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: September 01, 2013, 12:33:28 pm »

Send. In. EVERYTHING.

We are launching a FULL ASSAULT. Psysquid, Lord Gamington, Snowkid (Black Ice?), 2/3s of other forces! WE ARE FREEING CERULEAN AND NOTHING IS GETTING IN OUR WAY.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 213