Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 258198 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #375 on: August 29, 2013, 03:32:08 pm »

Just thought of something what if we used the altar to fuse a bunny and a cigar {just like our logo}? It may not be effective in combat but it could be a morale booster.
The altar doesn't work like that.

We could eventually urn that scientist into a bunny man and make him smoke, though

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: August 29, 2013, 03:49:30 pm »

Just thought of something what if we used the altar to fuse a bunny and a cigar {just like our logo}? It may not be effective in combat but it could be a morale booster.
The altar doesn't work like that.

We could eventually urn that scientist into a bunny man and make him smoke, though

A labcoat wearing bunny smoking a Cuban cigar with sucubi around him...perfect propaganda tool right their.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: August 29, 2013, 03:51:31 pm »

Remember people, we have standard. We don't (often) murder random civilians, policemen or heroes. We don't corrupt solely to be our mascots. And we certainly won't get involved in marketing.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: August 29, 2013, 03:52:13 pm »

Remember people, we have standard. We don't (often) murder random civilians, policemen or heroes. We don't corrupt solely to be our mascots. And we certainly won't get involved in marketing.

We had a mission to do just that remember?

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: August 29, 2013, 04:09:52 pm »

So, marketing's level of evil is over robbing banks?

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: August 29, 2013, 04:14:01 pm »

Money for what? we never buy anything like regular people. our henchmen are not humans who demand payment or anything so why do we need money?

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: August 29, 2013, 04:17:27 pm »

We need the bunny man to be our face when we give evil speches, no to sell stuff, just becuase it would be hilarious that the face of our company is the same as our symbol.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: August 29, 2013, 04:24:03 pm »

Marketing is the true and foremost evil, root of all other evil, and undestroyable  ((Kinda joking, but give me a subject and I'll show you marketing's* evil ploy))
*Also including propaganda, and every other instance of spreading misinformation,

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: August 29, 2013, 04:29:07 pm »

Marketing is the true and foremost evil, root of all other evil, and undestroyable  ((Kinda joking, but give me a subject and I'll show you marketing's* evil ploy))
*Also including propaganda, and every other instance of spreading misinformation,
I would say propaganda is worse, but the only difference is that it is done by an instiution whose purpose is not related with what propaganda tries to achieve.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: August 29, 2013, 04:31:31 pm »

Again, we do not hire humans. Only monsters. Poor guy has to be
turned into something else if we plan on keeping him

Who said anything about hiring him? I was thinking slave labor, or have Chemista absorb his brain, or something.

Remember people, we have standard.

Ok. But note that the exact nature of our standards appears to vary depending on who is submitting suggestions. I don't think we have a completely unified front regarding conduct.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: August 29, 2013, 04:33:12 pm »

Were going for a evil with a purpose/idea/standards. An if were going to get the public on our side we need to display a message that dosen't involve decapitated faires,"boxer" men, mutilated mothers, and traumitised children. Or if we want the human military with hero support all up on our shit we can do that too.
I would say propaganda is worse, but the only difference is that it is done by an instiution whose purpose is not related with what propaganda tries to achieve.

aren't we trying to appear like the "better person" than those hero's? if yes propaganda/sending a message to the masses is the best way.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 04:50:45 pm by 3man75 »

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: August 29, 2013, 04:51:07 pm »

Personally, my view is that we don't value senseless violence, and we're not emotionally stunted idiots. We're simply persuing our personal agenda, and crushing those who stand in our way. We neither enjoy nor suffer over the crushing. There is no value in senseless violence. It's simply a waste of energy. Hugging bunnies is perfectly ok, if we like to do that. Genociding populations is perfectly ok, provided it is an efficient way of accomplishing our goals.

It's never a question of whether something is "too evil" for us to consider. It's simply a question of whether it effectively accomplishes our goals. But love and cuddles are legitimate goals, right alongside planetary conquest.

It's not that we don't kick puppies because only monsters kick puppies...we don't kick puppies because either there's nothing in it for us, or because we like puppies. And if we like puppies, then perhaps we might consider releasing a poisonous gas to kill all humans within a thousand miles in order to build a gigantic puppy farm, then bring in slave labor from outside to come in and pet the puppies and give them attention. Or, maybe our goal is to exterminate all puppies. In which case kicking them is simply an inefficient waste of time and energy when we could instead be genetically engineering puppies to explode at age two, and then releasing them into the breeding population.

So either way, we don't kick puppies.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: August 29, 2013, 05:26:17 pm »

Personally, my view is that we don't value senseless violence, and we're not emotionally stunted idiots. We're simply persuing our personal agenda, and crushing those who stand in our way. We neither enjoy nor suffer over the crushing. There is no value in senseless violence. It's simply a waste of energy. Hugging bunnies is perfectly ok, if we like to do that. Genociding populations is perfectly ok, provided it is an efficient way of accomplishing our goals.

It's never a question of whether something is "too evil" for us to consider. It's simply a question of whether it effectively accomplishes our goals. But love and cuddles are legitimate goals, right alongside planetary conquest.

It's not that we don't kick puppies because only monsters kick puppies...we don't kick puppies because either there's nothing in it for us, or because we like puppies. And if we like puppies, then perhaps we might consider releasing a poisonous gas to kill all humans within a thousand miles in order to build a gigantic puppy farm, then bring in slave labor from outside to come in and pet the puppies and give them attention. Or, maybe our goal is to exterminate all puppies. In which case kicking them is simply an inefficient waste of time and energy when we could instead be genetically engineering puppies to explode at age two, and then releasing them into the breeding population.

So either way, we don't kick puppies.

That's exactly how I view things. I really don't understand the deep attachments to our minions though. To me they are simply tools, something that should be used in whatever method is most effective and befitting the circumstances. Granted some of those tools are more indispensable or irreplaceable than others but in the end they are all simply there to be used.

I supported treating the girl goo with "love" because it is beneficial to us to do so. She may prove to be a useful asset and if having her think we love her and getting her to love us makes her more useful then obviously that should be the course of action we take.

Likewise I prefer control over destruction because it seems far more beneficial to take things and turn them to our use then it does to outright destroy them. Why would we want to destroy the world when we can take it and reform it into something better suited to our own needs? That doesn't mean we should always go for control missions or the control route but that it should be our overall goal.

To be honest, the only reason I support the monsters instead of humans policy is because turning them into monsters tends to make them more powerful and it also decreases the chances of them trying to return to their old lifestyles.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: August 29, 2013, 05:46:09 pm »

I really don't understand the deep attachments to our minions though.

I supported treating the girl goo with "love" because it is beneficial to us to do so. She may prove to be a useful asset

I genuinely like her.

Remember, I was the one who originally suggested beheading Psysquid, and I've said on several occasions that cog minions are expendable. It's not that I'm attached to our minions in general. But goo-girl makes me happy, and that makes her happiness an end unto itself. I only care about Isabella because she's important to Cerulean. So if re-summoning Isabella makes Cerulean happy, then it's a worthy endeavor.

Chemista is, to me at present, questionable. I admit I'm fond of her too, but I'm not totally convinced she's on our side. I'd be willing to extend a "your happiness is important to me" in her general direction and I would be personally sad to see her die rather than simply perceive her death as "loss of asset." But it's possible we might need to execute her someday. And if so, then I'll shoot her, and then explain to her while she oozes to death that I really didn't want to because I genuinely liked her. I hope it doesn't come to that.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: August 29, 2013, 07:37:28 pm »

I really don't understand the deep attachments to our minions though.

I supported treating the girl goo with "love" because it is beneficial to us to do so. She may prove to be a useful asset

I genuinely like her.

Remember, I was the one who originally suggested beheading Psysquid, and I've said on several occasions that cog minions are expendable. It's not that I'm attached to our minions in general. But goo-girl makes me happy, and that makes her happiness an end unto itself. I only care about Isabella because she's important to Cerulean. So if re-summoning Isabella makes Cerulean happy, then it's a worthy endeavor.

Chemista is, to me at present, questionable. I admit I'm fond of her too, but I'm not totally convinced she's on our side. I'd be willing to extend a "your happiness is important to me" in her general direction and I would be personally sad to see her die rather than simply perceive her death as "loss of asset." But it's possible we might need to execute her someday. And if so, then I'll shoot her, and then explain to her while she oozes to death that I really didn't want to because I genuinely liked her. I hope it doesn't come to that.
Love for Cerulean! (I'm always surprised how this progresses as I sleep)
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 213