Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 258159 times)

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #270 on: August 28, 2013, 04:39:21 pm »

why dont we just summon them back...?
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 28, 2013, 04:41:05 pm »

I suggest we develop two new kinds of Cog-minions:

-Harvesters: agile and armed with scyhes (for awesomeness)
-Guardians: slow but durable. Maybe using shields too.

(Feel free to suggest better names)
Sadly, we have to use what we have. Which, at the moment, isn't much. We can probably buy stuff though.

Point 1: I dislike the harvesters. The cogs are supporting meat shields, as our dark advisors pack the punch. So I vote we only go with the Guard Cogs.

We don't have the Unholy object needed  to do so.

Besides, depending on how the summoning works, it might be completely impossible to do so. Maybe she's just gone.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 04:43:47 pm by 10ebbor10 »

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 28, 2013, 04:42:33 pm »

We need some magical item that we lost {proabally fell somehwere between the couch or something}
I suggest we develop two new kinds of Cog-minions:

-Harvesters: agile and armed with scyhes (for awesomeness)
-Guardians: slow but durable. Maybe using shields too.

(Feel free to suggest better names)

How about the name Reapers for harvesters?

Also how about guardian cogs with more punch to them and suacide cogs for...demolition/distracting/blow a hole quick and get purposes?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 04:44:05 pm by 3man75 »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 28, 2013, 04:47:32 pm »

We need to make the most out of our cogs. Which means they need to be assistance to our dark advisors, and need to be pretty good meatshields.

How about a multi-Utility cog, featuring all kinds of tools for breaking into top security facilities, and plated with solid expensive stuff for armour.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 28, 2013, 04:48:59 pm »

I didn't like the name reaper because it has been used too much.

Still, guardians should be more useful that these damage-dealers.

And, about the desing of the guardians, wha do you think? Just bulkier? Shields? Fat and round to deflect stuff?

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 28, 2013, 05:11:18 pm »

We need to make the most out of our cogs. Which means they need to be assistance to our dark advisors, and need to be pretty good meatshields.

How about a multi-Utility cog, featuring all kinds of tools for breaking into top security facilities, and plated with solid expensive stuff for armour.

This they can be walking tin cans/swiss army knives!
I didn't like the name reaper because it has been used too much.

Still, guardians should be more useful that these damage-dealers.

And, about the desing of the guardians, wha do you think? Just bulkier? Shields? Fat and round to deflect stuff?

Everybodies a critic how about the new cogs {if they can be made} be called... Swish cogs.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 28, 2013, 05:21:53 pm »

Tell Chemista first. Have her with us when we tell Cerulean. Tell her the truth, then let her see the video if she wants to.

As for Psysquid...let him know that we find his performance to be somewhat poor. It was costly and he would have been able to collect more subjects if the succubi had survived. To the forum thread...note that the mission was not a failure. He defeated a hero who outclassed him and continued on to retrieve the requested items. It's only our attachment to Isabella that leaves this a pyrrhic victory. It's ok for us to have emotions, but let us remember that we are the Evil Overlord. I don't recall any of us giving the order that protecting Isabella was a mission priority. Psysquid did do the things we ordered him to. If it was truly so important to us that she live, we could have ordered her to remain here and another succubus to take her place.

Give Chemista time with Cerulean then identify the value of the items we retrieved.

On our next fluff turn, let's see about finding a replacement rosario. Re-summoning Isabella would be good, yes...but it may also be time to start replacing our Mooks with Minions.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 28, 2013, 05:25:22 pm »

On our next fluff turn, let's see about finding a replacement rosario. Re-summoning Isabella would be good, yes...but it may also be time to start replacing our Mooks with Minions.

How about a new army of flesh-cogs? Bonus points if they can dance.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 28, 2013, 05:29:44 pm »

We don't even know if the flesh cogs are better than normal cogs. I doubt it, actually.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 28, 2013, 05:30:15 pm »

I was of the impression that we would need a human grunt for each flesh-cog. Else, I'm all for getting the rosario back.
Also, get the scientist on our side - we ourself should be good enough for that, controll-type and all. Before we transform him, be sure to upgrade the lab. As for what... let's go succubi on him, because why not?

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 28, 2013, 05:31:47 pm »

I was of the impression that we would need a human grunt for each flesh-cog. Else, I'm all for getting the rosario back.
Also, get the scientist on our side - we ourself should be good enough for that, controll-type and all. Before we transform him, be sure to upgrade the lab. As for what... let's go succubi on him, because why not?
I've been wanting to see what Succubus mutagen does for a while now. It would be BRILLIANT, if, by some small stroke of chance, it caused the dead spirit of one of our previous ones to possess the scientist and return to the realm of the living.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 28, 2013, 05:32:47 pm »

Click the link I gave you. Flesh-cogs are also mooks.

Perhaps we can abduct an orphanage and mutate everyone. Maybe we can take samples from Lord Gamington (he has some potent abiltiies), make clones and downgrade them from Advisor to Minion. Maybe we can find a rosario and start summoning demons. Maybe we can upgrade our existing minions with better armor or weapons. Maybe we can design to cog minions V2.

Something. Heroes are getting tougher. We need to get tougher too.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 28, 2013, 05:35:07 pm »

It's only our attachment to Isabella that leaves this a pyrrhic victory.
And the fact that we lost two (currently) irreplaceable Minions responsibles for bringing home no less than two Advisors and a Sidekick.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 28, 2013, 05:35:36 pm »

Lord bucket what we need is a goddamn suacidal cog that's first idea is "oh my overlord a threatning person i must huggles them with explosives!". They die cause supreme amounts of dmg to the enemy hero/cops/security and whatever else. Also it might be beneficial to make them invisible so they can actually get close.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 28, 2013, 05:38:20 pm »

I've been wanting to see what Succubus mutagen does for a while now.

Unfortunately mutagen requires a target to mutate. We have a shortage of subjects. From our limited testing, it appears that animal rather than human subjects make for inferior results.

Perhaps a kidnapping spree would be in order.

And the fact that we lost two (currently) irreplaceable Minions responsibles
for bringing home no less than two Advisors and a Sidekick.

How many succubi do we have? We have others don't we? I though there were more than two, we've only been sending two.

what we need is a goddamn suacidal cog that's first idea is "oh my overlord a
threatning person i must huggles them with explosives!"

That might be viable...but I think that would be better as support than as primary combatant. Sending an adviser with 9 suicide troops might end poorly, for example. I want a new generic shock-trooper that we an produce and use in mass, that is expendable...but that is a vast improvement over cog minions. Cog minions might soon be obsolete for anything besides hauling.

EDIT:

Resources Acquired: Scientist Bio-Engineering.

That's probably our answer.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 213