Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 257967 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #180 on: August 28, 2013, 08:16:03 am »

If anything we are being kind by offering them a chance to reunite with their lost team mate.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 28, 2013, 08:18:16 am »

yeah it could be played as "she's ours now but you may have one final moment...don't waste it *walks away with evil henchmen*.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 28, 2013, 08:18:52 am »

And you think they're going to let you waltz in and out. They're Evil, and slime monsters. They will be attacked.

I'm pretty sure it will be easier to discretely walk in to a hospital and politely ask to see patients than to show up at a televised funeral attended by who knows how many superheros.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 28, 2013, 08:21:21 am »

forget all of that!

HAVE OUR SIDEKICK SHOW UP AFTER THE FUNERAL! like maybe 2 days later to say her goodbye's, leave some flowers, and GET OVER IT. why do we have to pick a hospital/funeral to do this Hmm?

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 28, 2013, 08:22:23 am »

We're not just any evil guy though, we're an Evil Overlord. We're contractually obliged to be as OTT about it as possible.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 28, 2013, 08:22:34 am »

Some type of heroes however CANNOT break. Those are the Heroic Heroes. They were broken, and then were reforged into undomitable weapons of vengeance and Evil-destruction. They are those who no matter how much you break their bones stand back up to fight, and only give up once dead.
I'd say whatever we do needs to address the other magical girls......
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 28, 2013, 08:24:24 am »

Hey, now that I think about it, why don't we raid the mental asylum some days after this? I would be less risky

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 28, 2013, 08:28:51 am »

HAVE OUR SIDEKICK SHOW UP AFTER THE FUNERAL! like maybe 2 days later to say her goodbye's, leave some flowers, and GET OVER IT.

...and say goodbye to whom? It's her own funeral. Her friends are all alive. Why would she go to her own own grave and say goodbye to herself?

whatever we do needs to address the other magical girls......

Agreed.  And now's the best time to do that. They're still grieving. They'll be vulnerable. When they see that Cerulean is still alive and still loves them and that they can all be together and have ice cream...they'll be ours, and we'll no longer need to worry about them redeeming her and betraying us later.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 28, 2013, 08:32:57 am »

So, emm, what do we do? We send Cerulean, Chemista, two Succubi and cog-minions to the hospital? Or just Cerulean and Chemista?

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 28, 2013, 08:33:17 am »

Cerulean, Chemista and the succubi. Not the cogs.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #190 on: August 28, 2013, 08:34:14 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Weathering the Storm

You nod. The next moment you're glomp-tackled by the Goo-Girl who squeals in delight. "THANK YOU, THANK YOU!" then, excitedly, she surfs off to prepare herself.

The next moment, Chemista barges in angry as hell.
"WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU, OVERLORDNESS!?"
Psysquid arrives next, "What sort of Suicidal Tendencies have you developed now, Your Evilness!?"
"Let's Dance to the Rhythm!" Gamington deadpans. "Let me ask you though...are we really performing in the place where all Heroes regularly go to fight mock battles? The HEROES STADIUM!?"
He actually fumbles on his next step. "Your Evilness! I insist you don't! They'll find you out!"

You wave a hand in dismissal. Really, it's just the HEROES Stadium, what could possibly go wrong?

Even better, you'll do it alone and only with Cerulean. She'll be your personal Side-Kick!

"Evil Overlordness, that's suicidal!"
"It is time I show you my true powers!" you retort firmly, and then stomp off to prepare.
Really! You'll show them!

Downkeep

"Now keep close to me and stay quiet," you say to the little goo-girl, who is wearing a trench-coat and a big fedora hat. She also has a pair of thick glasses on her face, and with a calm appearance you stroll in straight to the guard. You're wearing a large grey trench-coat too, and as you near the guard, you pull out your Cog-Badge and state. "I am Inspector Cog-get, and this is my assistant Jelly, we will be overseeing the procedures as a secret measure against potential evil attacks."
You look quickly around, "You have not seen us enter. We must catch the evil unguarded."
"Of course sir! Of course!" the guard lets you both in and you smile.
Having a pair of bushy mustaches and thick plastic glasses on your face, plus the giant rubber nose...who'd ever think you're an evil overlord?

Meanwhile, Back in the Base

"I'm betting that if he survives this, we'll get a Fanclub," Psysquid deadpans. "But really...I didn't think the Overlord had such a fetish...he must be a glutton for punishment."
"Shush it you!" the 'Second Mother' Succubus snarls. "My little darling is going to make momma proud now!"
"Quiet," Chemista snaps, "If the Overlord fails we'll have to...just where the hell is he?"
"He must be moving around with so much style the Good Guys can't sense him!" Gamington deadpans. "Ehi, now that I think about it, what's the Overlord's real appearance? He's always covered in a cog-shaped mask and has big bulky robes...I never saw him beneath."
"I don't know either," Chemista snapped. "But it doesn't matter. He's an Evil Overlord, he must be monstrous beneath those robes of his."
"Monstrous, uh?" The Succubus licks her lips and giggles.
"Pervert," Psysquid states.
"Kettle, quiet," Chemista snarls.
"Oh, moreeeee!"
"Shh! Shh! It's about to begin!" Gamington claps his hands excitedly, as the television set zooms in on a small wooden platform where there a white coffin and lots of cerulean colored flowers.

The HEROES Stadium

"She will be missed," Mauve says with her voice cracking. "She...she was a friend...she...she was one of us, we...we were..." then she sobs and leaves the stage wobbling, as her right arm and chest are covered in a thick cast.
"I think I can speak for all of us," Pink says next, her face covered in bandages and her lips cracked -man, did Lord Gamington due a thorough job on her!- "When I...say...that we will never forget Cerulean. We will always...always remember her as a precious friend..."
There were 'awwsss' in the assembled Heroic Forces.

You're calmly making your way to the first line with 'Jelly' next to you. Nobody bothers you at all. There are hundreds of heroes here, all different, all with pros and cons. There are magical Girls, Heroic Heroes, people like 'The Jaguar' who are Monstrous Heroes, there is actually 'The Slime' too, a Good-Hero Slime who keeps the sewers clean.
So the moment you reach the first rows, nobody has even an inkling of doubt you're among them, the Evil Overlord among the Heroes of Justice.
And Cerulean is at your side, watching.

The team of four soon reunites after a short break, and every hero one at the time delivers their condolences before moving out.
In the end, the Camera crews leave after the 'Big Shots' have done their own pieces on 'Purity of Heart', 'Fighting Evil' and 'Tear Apart all Enemies of Light'.
Slowly, everyone trickles out.

In that moment, Cerulean takes her cue to move just before the Asylum squad can take them in. They're just Civilians...meaning they don't pose a threat even to a Cog-Minion, and you ARE THE OVERLORD!
Who is admittedly weak to puppy eyes done by Goo-Girls, but that is another story altogether.

"You're the last ones, right?" Crimson says softly. She's on a wheelchair, her lower body covered in a cast.
You move towards the civilians.
"You lot want to leave," you deadpan, waving your hand in front of them.
The civilians nod. "We lot want to leave."
Then they leave.
Really, Civilians...good only for screaming, converting or increasing the casualties numbers.

The moment the Asylum crew leaves, the four girls realize there is something wrong. Especially because Cerulean has yet to speak.
And because you are menacingly walking back towards them.
"I..." Cerulean says then... "I'm sorry for your loss," she whispers, bowing her head. Then she turns, softly holding on to your sleeve and says. "We can leave now, sir."
You nod and turn, walking with her as she starts to sniffle. You take out a handkerchief to hand over to Cerulean to wipe her 'snot-tears-goo' away.
"Wait!" Magenta yells, her finger trembles as she points it at you and Cerulean. "That symbol on your handkerchief!"
You freeze.

Was there a Bunny Smoking a Cigar Symbol on your Handkerchief? Yes/No

Notes
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 28, 2013, 08:37:42 am »

YES.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 28, 2013, 08:39:00 am »

YES.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 28, 2013, 08:39:58 am »

YUP.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 28, 2013, 08:41:11 am »

Of course there is.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 213