Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 255290 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #135 on: August 27, 2013, 09:13:04 pm »

I'm actually drawing Cerulean with her Plushie pre-gooification atm.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 27, 2013, 10:54:35 pm »

So, enjoy my very late night/early morning artwork.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Now, to bed. G'night.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 28, 2013, 12:54:39 am »

Yay!

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #138 on: August 28, 2013, 02:31:03 am »

Aww,,,that's so cute!

Upkeep

Day Four of Year One of Secret Quest for Evilness. Chapter Two: And the World Shall Know of Fear

You wake up in you extremely wide and comfortable bed because someone is screaming outside your door. Well, actually it's more of a 'Weeeeeeeeeeee', but it bothers you all the same. You stomp outside, and find the source of the noise.
There's Cerulean, Goo-Girlized, who is 'surfing' on her own goo back and forth along the corridor.
You cough when she passes next to you again.
"Ehi! You're the Overlord!" she chirps out as she stops, bubbling rather than giggling. "You look kind of strange."
You shrug at that, before yawning.
"Can I have cheesecake for breakfast?" the Goo-Girl asks as she slowly begins to follow you, "Oh and...and you think I can talk with my second mommy too?"
You frown. Second mommy?
"Who?"
"Ah...I don't know her name! But she's got these leathery wings and is covered in..."
Oh, right, the Succubi.
"Sure...not now," you hastily add. "You never know what a Succubus has in bed in the morning." Shuddering, you know it's better to take the mental images out immediately from your head.
"You mean a plushie?!"
"Yes," you nod firmly. "She might have plushies."
"OH! THen I've got to see them!"
"Ehm, no! How about breakfast? Yes! Breakfast is an optimal evil idea for this morning!" and with a -gratefully incoming- nod, you set out for breakfast with Cerulean.
"Can I invite my friends over?" she asks suddenly as she crunches on some cereals. Well, more like she's taken the cup and has engulfed it, and is now slowly digesting the cereals without batting an eyelid. "I'm sure they'll all be scared I'm not going to school anymore! And..."
"No, no," you shake your head firmly. "They must not know of this place," you add in the most 'secret-keeping' voice ever. "This place is a secret to everyone! It's a secret lair! It says so in the tin!"
"Oh..." she looks sideways sheepishly. "All right!" she claps her goo-like hands. "I'm off to mommy then! She said she'll teach me how to make Explosives!"
You shudder at the thought as the twelve year old gleefuly 'surfs' away.

You just know it's not going to end well.

Psysquid is hanging around the mission maps, mumbling incoherently to himself about 'sleep', 'cthulhu' and 'Flegm'...He coughs slightly, and then unfortunately sighs. "It seems I can only use my Prescience ability once every other day," hanging his head in defeat, he gets down on his knees. "Punish me for this, Overlord! I'm a weak, defective product! Tell me I'm Good! Tell me I'm a Hero! Ravish me with your words!"
"Why don't you go and get Chemista?" you suggest. Well, that prospect seemingly makes him more eager all of a sudden.
"Oh yes! Yes, evil overlordness! She has the most colorful vocabulary when woken up suddenly!" And then he dashes off.
Ah, such little things to keep your dark advisors happy.

Chemista arrives grumbling. Apparently Cerulean already woke her up and is now hanging as close to her as possible while sheepishly avoiding Psysquid.
Then Lord Gamington tap-dances his way in, and Cerulean simply starts to shake and push herself as much as possible against Chemista in fear.
There's a 'plop' and Cerulean finds herself blinking from within Chemista's body.
"Ehi! It tickles!" she giggles from inside, before Chemista sighs and pushes her out with another 'plop'.

Cerulean falls on the ground with a wet 'thud', and then looks up at Lord Gamington who's still dancing.
"I'm a ringer! I'm a ginger! I'm a finger!" finishing his tap-dance, he claps his hands. "And I'm a Tinker!"

Chemista coughs politely, and grabs the available missions.
"Very well...here are the available missions."

2) Choose a Mission

1) They told the World I could never be a star! I burned the world down. Destruction. "Uhm...this appears as a normal 'tear down X to obtain Y'...we'd be going to an astrological lab, to steal their giant telescope! Giant lenses are always useful I suppose."

2) I want to be Freee, Freee from a life of Bars!. Mixed. Enter the City-B prison, free the people within, create chaos, and acquire some individuals! "Well, considering the prisons usually partake to holding the most 'interesting' people of City-B...'
"AH! AH!" Cerulean exclaims clapping to get attention -and making squishy noises while clapping- "Me and my friends, we captured and brought to prison Mister Alphabet! He was a really easy enemy to defeat!"
"Mister Alphabet? BY the name it's probably a dark minion. Nobody sane of their mind would use such a name for a Dark Advisor title," Psysquid snorts.

3) And your name shall be Fluffy Mittens, and you shall bring forth Happiness and Blood!. Control. "Seems straightforward: Go to the park on a sunny day, try and acquire an animal for Mutagenic purposes. Testing on Animals is as Evil as testing on Humans, right?" she looks at the mission. "Doesn't seem that much difficult, and there really doesn't seem to be a chance of Heroes showing up...unless it's Picnic-Girl, but she's an idiot. Can I go on this one with Cerulean, your Evil Overlordness? I'll show her the ropes and I'm sure some sun would do her well. She's a bit on the Teal side now."

Choose your mission, demand more fluff...your call!
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 28, 2013, 03:36:56 am »

Fluff, please!  And throw the zooms while you're at it.

1) We need an incline somewhere far from directly outside our bedroom door.  Somewhere we would expect, and appreciate... hearing more screams, even of the Weeeeeeeee! sort.  An inclined spiraling ramp down into the dungeons may be ideal. Anyone gooey can get themselves out of a dungeon easily; make the ramp fairly steep, enough so normal folks could never hope to climb it even if it were not coated thousands of times over by ebullient kidderich slime.

If this must wait until downtime, so be it - we are already awake this day so that will harm the plan not.

2) mission 3, please.  We're waltzing advisors, and it's time for our first to prove herself again.  Do watch Psysquid, or give him something interesting and enjoyable to keep him busy... perhaps searching the local ocean area for submerged and silt covered ruins, that seems like it might fill any idle hours he thinks he has and make it harder for him to ensure that Chemista loses at least three minions, should he actually attempt this.

Our overly abductive seductress absolutely must go as well.  She keeps bringing back all the most interesting beings!
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 28, 2013, 04:44:09 am »

Damn, Kasykk beat me! Oh well. i'll try to scan it in soon, if I can.

Really cool drawing, by the way!
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 28, 2013, 05:04:57 am »

Fluff, please!  And throw the zooms while you're at it.

1) We need an incline somewhere far from directly outside our bedroom door.  Somewhere we would expect, and appreciate... hearing more screams, even of the Weeeeeeeee! sort.  An inclined spiraling ramp down into the dungeons may be ideal. Anyone gooey can get themselves out of a dungeon easily; make the ramp fairly steep, enough so normal folks could never hope to climb it even if it were not coated thousands of times over by ebullient kidderich slime.

If this must wait until downtime, so be it - we are already awake this day so that will harm the plan not.

2) mission 3, please.  We're waltzing advisors, and it's time for our first to prove herself again.  Do watch Psysquid, or give him something interesting and enjoyable to keep him busy... perhaps searching the local ocean area for submerged and silt covered ruins, that seems like it might fill any idle hours he thinks he has and make it harder for him to ensure that Chemista loses at least three minions, should he actually attempt this.

Our overly abductive seductress absolutely must go as well.  She keeps bringing back all the most interesting beings!

IT'S THE MIDDLE OF AN OCEAN HOW WILL SHE FIND ANYTHING

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 28, 2013, 05:20:17 am »

I'm not particularly attached to any of the three missions we're being offered, but I would like to see how well Chemista and Cerulean perform together and how much of a bonus Cerulean is worth. Mission 3 doesn't seem very useful, but if we do that apparently Cerulean has some knowledge of the prisoners that might be relevant.

Regardind Psysquid, I was the first to propose his execution, but for the moment I'm going to agree with Imp in that he's demonstrated himself as useful: he's giving us advance knowledge of the content of missions. Even if it's only every other turn, it's still something neither our other advisers can do.

As for Lord Gamington, while according to kaian-a-coel's scorecare, he's ranked last, he was nevertheless able to solo five heroes, and bring one back alive, and continue on to complete his mission successfully. That he lost his assigned minions doesn't bother me. Cog minions are extremely replacable.

Chemista is still our most important adviser. She's the one doing our mutagen work and is therefore our source for high level minions, she's the one converting heroes, etc. She's also (so far) our best performer in the field, and now that she has a sidekick it's likely that she's even stronger. And of the three, she's certainly the most even-headed and the easiest to keep happy.

Psyquid and Lord Gamington have...issues, but at this point, all three advisers have demonstrated their usefulness. If possible, I'd like to see us keep all three of them.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #143 on: August 28, 2013, 05:24:24 am »

You nod to Chemista, who gleefully begins to prepare her Dark Sidekick for her first mission! Cerulean is visibly excited, but at the same time holds a forlorn look as she stares at her hands. "What if someone I know recognizes me?" she whispers.
"We'll give you an Evil costume then!" Chemista retorts. "I've got just the thing back from my old days..."
"Nothing minors can't see!" Psysquid yells at her back. Chemista flips him the bird, and he shudders in a low and ecstatic moan as his skin slightly change color.
"What's he doing, mister Overlord?" Cerulean asks you, pointing at Psysquid.
"He's...special," you decide to go with.

Gamington tops his hat with his cane and states. "Computing...Computing...Ah, the park! I'm sure it will have nice happy families taking strolls with their dogs...the perfect place to start a Dance Party! But you're already sending Chemista so it's fine Overlordness...but how about sending all of your Succubus? Sure, if a hero attacks they might lose fast, but if he doesn't they might come back with more dancing-friends!"

Mission 2 or mission 3 then?
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 28, 2013, 05:31:51 am »

Speaking of DA...

Now, I would vote against Mission 1 but as that's not an option now anyway, I'll vote for Mission 3 over Mission 2

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 28, 2013, 05:33:12 am »

Mission three.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 28, 2013, 05:36:23 am »

Me three.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 28, 2013, 05:59:13 am »

Mission 3, send Chemista and Cerulean, both succubi, and, well, fill with Cog-minions.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #148 on: August 28, 2013, 06:38:21 am »

3) Chose your team.

Chemista and her Dark Sidekick Cerulean -who now wears a black metallic cap over half of her face- count as a single entity. The two Succubus are delighted of getting to go outside even more. The seven Cog-Minions soon follow.

4) Enjoy the Carnage

FAMILY SAFE CARNAGE

The Park is a buzzing place of activities as children go around and play, families enjoy walking, couples go hand in hand...
Then your zeppelin darkens the skies and your troops descend.
"You all have your orders!" Chemista barks to her troops, "Get capturing!"
"Cog-Cog Computing Cog!" the Cog-Minions depart, as the Two Succubi starts to flounder off towards the 'Couple' areas.
However one of the two is stopped by Cerulean's Goo-like hand, and as the Goo-Girl grabs also Chemista's hand, she starts to walk with the two of them along the road of the park while whistling happily.

The remaining Succubus watches the scene, then sighs and heads off for the first couple she can easily break up.
Soon there will be many broken hearted girls, many broken nuts, and many tears in that direction.
Chemista calmly ignores the situation at hand, and starts talking.
"Now, evil isn't just Not-Good, you know?" she begins philosophically. "Evil isn't even the Absence of Good. Evil is...sort of like the white chocolate speck in a black chocolate bar. It's small, it's not what the rest of the world wants, but that doesn't mean it's actually a Bad Thing. Evil is simply different from Good, and since Good is whatever Society deems as such, then clearly you can see why..."
"Oh! A puppy!" Cerulean surfs off, leaving Chemista half-stuttering.
"COME BACK HERE YOU!" she yells, "I'm not done teaching!"
The two start 'surfing' one against the other. To an outsider's point of view it would even look like a mother running after her daughter.
At the same time the Succubus just stares and shakes her head, in a perfect imitation of a Mature Father too tired to worry about it.

The job is actually...easy. By the time Chemista gives the all-clear to leave, the Cog-Minions have a bunch of Domestic Pets in their arms...and one even has an Anaconda circling around him!

Cerulean did her best, and she managed to catch a fluffy looking bunny!
Chemista didn't even bother, and simply directed operations.
The Two Succubus returned each with a man in tow, both completely dazed and happy to follow.

It's time to leave and really, the mission couldn't be going any more smoothly than this...
...and it does, as nothing interrupts your return!

5) Weather the Storm

"Today many families cry at the loss of their most precious friends," the man says in the television as you comfortably eat some popcorn. "Their animals have been kidnapped! The Bunny Smoking Cigar symbol was burned into the ground of the park, as the Heroes Associations all around the world vow to bring this Evil Overlord to justice for the heinous crimes he has committed. In other news, Team Five Stars has been disbanded following the loss of Team Member Cerulean. The four remaining members of the team are still in the hospital, but are soon going to be released to the Psychiatric Help for Broken Heroes Association. The hearts of many go in prayer to these young girls who valorously fought first against this new wave of evil that is wracking through our cities. A funeral wake will be held for Magical Girl Cerulean tonight, at the Hero-Association Stadium, where the members of her team will say their final goodbyes."

"Can I go?" the voice startles you, as it comes incredibly soft from your side. You turn around to stare at Cerulean, who looks at you with her big, wide Goo-Like eyes. "Please?"
You look at her.
The Hero association stadium, for you, is like saying that you're an Ice Cone and wish to visit the Desert.

Still, she is asking and her lips are trembling...

You're in Weather The Storm

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 28, 2013, 06:41:55 am »

Hm... COMBINE LORD GAMINGTON AND THE ANACONDA!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 213