Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 254043 times)

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #90 on: August 27, 2013, 12:33:11 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Do you wish to try and improve the mood of your Dark Advisors during Downkeep?
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 27, 2013, 12:35:59 pm »

Yes.

I want to send Psysquid in a mission underwater to to acquire some alive biological subjects. Because we are going to need acuatic miners at some point.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 27, 2013, 01:27:05 pm »

Yes. I reiterate that Chemista is our most valuble adviser. She's been with us the longest, and she's the one making our minions. She's also the most dangerous because she's a former overlord herself. Make sure she is happy and feels appreciated.

Even if for some crazy reason you guys don't want to execute Psyquid for arguing, sowing dissent, and disputing our orders...at least insist that he prove himself.

As for Gamington, sure give him the next mission after this one if he wants it. He seems easier to keep happy than the other two.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #93 on: August 27, 2013, 01:56:11 pm »

Chemista is happily 'munching' away at lab mice...which apparently dissolve inside of her slowly.
While that is a hell of a creepy way to eat, it apparently doesn't last much.
"Oh, hello Overlord!" she exclaims, waving a hand as she moves her jelly-like body towards a set of phials. "I'm currently working on some possible interspecies crosses that might yield results. Like a Whale Crossed with a Crab and then maybe with something else entirely...like a butterfly," she takes on a dreamy gaze. "Ah, back in my days I was always 'mindium' here and 'Mindium' there...never had the time to experiment. Used an old Mind-Controlling Helmet powered by it. Then again it was the good old times of grey-shaded television, violence in the streets and liberal usage of drugs."
"Do you need something?"
"Oh, how nice of you to ask, but no, I'm fine at the moment," she smiles. "Just keep that stupid Squidhead away from my lab would you? His tentacles are...grabby, to say the least."
She rolls her gelatinous eyes. "And they make things fall."
You nod. "I'm glad I have you on my side."
"Ah, isn't that the duty of the old generations? To find an upstarting and young evil Overlord and turn them into a mighty and powerful one?"
She turns back towards her vials. "Well, I'm going back to splicing Dna, your Overlordness. We'll take on new exciting missions tomorrow, I'm sure."
You excuse yourself afterwards. You don't know if you improved her mood or not, but she did have a fond little smile at the end.

Psysquid is floating face up in the bay of your Submarine -The one you use for underwater missions, which is incidentally power up by the same Coal-Powered Reactor you use for the Zeppelin. You'd need to steal another to make both a Marine and Land Mission available...funny how your advisors never gave you a marine mission yet.
Maybe it's going to crop up eventually?
Anyway, Psysquid is floating, flapping its tentacles and releasing ink from his...you hope mouth.
"Your Evilness!" he exclaims as he sees you, and hastily makes his way out of the water to bow. "What can I do for you, your Great Evil and Malice!?"
"I want order around the base," you start. "I don't care if you don't like Chemista, but she was here from way before you, and-"
"But I do like her!"
"And stop interrupting me!"
"But I like that!"
"Wait. What?" you blink.
"I feel my tentacles all shudder whenever someones speaks badly! All that rage, that anger, it's exhilarating! I don't know why, but my skin just changes depending on the mood of those around me and when someone's angry...It's majestic! It feels great!"
You take a step backwards.
"You mean you're purposefully making Chemista angry at you?"
"Of course! Ah, she has such a colorful vocabulary! It is wonderful to behold and hear!" he swoons over. "Why else would I be constantly visiting her, you think? Oh my, I used the 'you' so colloquially! Please be angry at me, your Evil Overlordness!"
"Ehm...bad Squid?"
"More!"
"I'll be going now," you quickly excuse yourself.
Now that is something you don't know how it went. Either he really is a masochist, and thus you maybe overreacted, or he is perfectly able to lie straight to your face and make you feel uncomfortable enough to leave.
In any case, you'll keep an eye out on him.

Lord Gamington is playing and dancing at the same time. He is moving on one of those small mats for Dance-Dance Evil-Dance! Overlord 2 Theme Dances! the game made for overlords of dancing tortures.
Like ballet teachers.
"How can you see into my data
 Like, with open doors?
 Writing you down into my core
 Where I've become so corrupted!

Without a bug
 My spirit's overclocking somewhere cold
 Until you defragment it there
 And lead it back to the data clusteerrrr!"

You politely cough to get his attention, and he spins around before running to hug you.
"Oh thank you for giving me the next mission as a leader! I promise I won't ever-ever-ever miss a beat! I'll show them all! We'll dance and party so hard after the success of the mission we will all be sloshed heavily!" then he makes a pirouette. "Do you want to dance?"
You shake your head. "I'm fine this way, but you can continue..."
"Thank you your evilness incarnated!" and with that, he returns to his dancing game.

Wackos, the lot of them.
But they're your wackos.

Day Four, of Year One. Chapter One: And then there was bad Luck

1) Upkeep.

Lord Gamington hurries around fretting, ready to undertake whatever mission you will pick.
First things first however, it's his turn to hand over the missions.

And so he does:

2) Chose your mission

1) Infiltrate High Security Laboratory. Escape with Subject Alpha. Mixed I have an extremely bad feeling about this one. Psysquid remarks.
2) Go to a High School, corrupt the headmaster, make everyone drop out. Control. Uhm...my senses are tingling on this one. Something secret, maybe? Psysquid states plainly.
3) Attack the Five Stars Hotel! Destruction. Earns Resource: 'A wadload of Cash and Luxury'. This...ahem...I've got nothing on this one. Psysquid states.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 27, 2013, 02:01:49 pm »

Two things:

1) I just don't trust that weird cephalopod. Now I want him dead.
2) The hotel mission is the ideal for that robotic abomination.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 27, 2013, 02:05:25 pm »

Maybe we should make Psysquid our head tormentor. TO THE HOTEL! ABDUCT SOME PEOPLE AND ANGER THEM UNTIL WE GET SOMETHING USEFUL!

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 27, 2013, 02:09:03 pm »

Maybe we should make Psysquid our head tormentor. TO THE HOTEL! ABDUCT SOME PEOPLE AND ANGER THEM UNTIL WE GET SOMETHING USEFUL!
So, you want to send both Psysquid and Lord Gamington in the same mission?

And what will we use as filler? I suppose that we will use just mooks, right?

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #97 on: August 27, 2013, 02:28:58 pm »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 27, 2013, 02:30:36 pm »

Ok, just send Lord Gamington, a succubus, and the rest as cogminions.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 27, 2013, 02:35:31 pm »

Psysquid's not going to be collecting them, he's just going to torment them. FOR TORMENT!

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 27, 2013, 02:41:19 pm »

Psysquid's not going to be collecting them, he's just going to torment them. FOR TORMENT!
1)We have standards. This means that we are not sadistic assholes, just pragmatic and selfish assholes.
2)If we get another one, we just don't make him into an advisor and it would be enough.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #101 on: August 27, 2013, 04:13:19 pm »

3) Team Chosen

Lord Gamington, One Hydraulic Succubi, eight Cog Minions.
Destruction Mission.

4) Enjoy the Carnage!

COGGING CARNAGE!

"Oh boy, oh boy I'm so computing excited!" Lord Gamington moves happily around the Zeppelin. "This mission is going to be such a great success!"
Happily, he stares at the Five Stars hotel.
It's an enormous complex, luxurious and filled with money. It's going to be such a nice and rich thing to rob! Nobody's going to...

Suddenly, five brilliantly colored bullets fly out from the hotel's ceiling and charge ahead, punch first, through the Zeppelin's window.

"WE ARE THE FIVE STARS! And your time is now, evildoers!" five magical girls yell at the same time, holding on to staffs and colored outfits.
"I AM MAGENTA!" "I am Cerulean!" "I am Pink!" "I am Crimson!" "And I am the beautiful Mauve!"
"And together, we shall defeat evil in all of its forms!" they end up chorusing, twirling their staffs.

Lord Gamington claps excitedly. "Oh boy! Oh boy a fight! A hero fight!"

When the first rays of magic of Goodness and Well Being hit Gamington, he swats it away while shaking his hips and moving his tophat into a shield while his cane becomes a lance.
"Aw...Naughty girls need to be punished!" he chirps. "Dance with me! And one, deux, trois!"

Heroes, types, and why you should always come equip with soul crushing despair.

"Go Mauve, use the power of being a strangely named color!" Cerulean yells as Mauve hisses back furiously, before sending a Mauve like rotating disc against the Cog-Minions who launch themselves in the fray first. Eight Cog Minions are destroyed!? Oh no! You have lost your mooks for the battle!

The Succubi moves forward, licking her lips sensually. "I will now try and corrupt you, even though I can't because you haven't gotten a Moral Event Horizon, because that's my first action for every first turn!"

"Ehm...thanks for telling us?" Pink replies hesitantly.
"No problem!"

Lord Gamington takes the fight!

He impales on the lance one of the magical girls, and soon shrieks echo in the zeppelin.
"W-What? No! Open your eyes Magenta! Open your eyes!" Cerulean screams.
"I AM LORD GAMINGTON!" Gamington bellows, pulling free the lance from Magenta's body. "And your pain shall be legendary!"

"We will have our revenge!"

Attacking head on, lord Gamington swats aways the pesky little magical girls slamming his lance into their chests, bashing their heads with his shields and dancing while doing so.
"Dance to the Rhythm of Skullbashing baby!" he roars in the zeppelin as the Hydraulic Succubi shakes her hips and claps.
"Yeah Lord Gamington! Yeah!"
Only one magical girl remains! She stares around in fright, her face covered in clearly-not-blood-but-something-else-probably-ketchup. "Mommy..." she pleads

The Succubi jumps in then!

"Yes, darling...I'll be your mommy!"

"Mommy..." the last magical girl falls down sucking on her thumb, sleeping on the lap of the Succubi who smiles brightly at her newly acquired toy.
Magical Girl Cerulean has been acquired!
Lord Gamington cheerfuly spins his lance in the air while going...
"Tada-da-dadaaa"

"Now let's get the Party Started!" Lord Gamington gazes expectantly to the minions under his command.
And that's when he realizes that the Succubi is busy cooing her latest pet acquisition to sleep, the Cog-Minions are destroyed and...
Well, he'll just have to raid the Hotel alone!

All twenty-seven floors of the giant, luxurious hotel.
Alone.

5) Weather the Storm

You're comfortably enjoying drinking a soda, when the news pop in.

"EMERGENCY BROADCAST! EMERGENCY BROADCAST! EVIL OVERLORD ATTACKS FIVE STARS HOTEL, KILLS -ahem, brutally maims but leaves alive- FOUR MEMBERS OF THE TEAM FIVE STARS. FIFTH MEMBER, CERULEAN, MISSING!"

You keep on sipping your soda.

"THE HOTEL HAS BEEN RANSACKED BY A SINGLE DANCING AND DEMENTED MONSTER OF FLESH AND METAL. HERE THE INTERVIEW from a -cough- traumatized worker of the zone sorry my voice is going away..."

Interview:
A woman sniffs in a handkerchief. "It was horrible!" she wails. "He made me do things..." she shudders, "no human can bend that way! We all were forced to play Limbo!"
she begins to cry. "And then we had to dance the Macarena, and the Cha-cha-cha! And he had us waltz and clap our hands!"
End of the interview.

You have a feeling you know the perpetrators, but just on a whim you decide to wait until they're back.

Indeed, they return.

Well, two return. Gamington smiles brightly and holds a bag filled with Cash and Luxurious Items.
The Succubus is cradling a little girl dressed in a middle schooler outfit in her arms while singing a lullaby.
You stare at the Succubus.
Chemista arrives then, holding on to a cup of tea. "Oh my Overlord, has Gamington returned with..." she looks at the Succubus.
"AGAIN!?"
The Succubus sheepishly averts her gaze. "They're just so cuteeeee..."
She whines, before fussing over the little girl who has yet to wake up.
Chemista gives you a look like saying 'I'm not dealing with her, your choice Boss'.
Psysquid arrives next, visibly ragged. "Oh my! Seems someone lost quite a few more Minions than me!" he exhales and smiles, holding his chest out. "Seems I'm no longer the last in here."

You are now in Downkeep. Decide what to do with the Girl. Ps: Smart Guys who find out the Secret Earn a Bonus!

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 27, 2013, 04:20:04 pm »

Mentally facepalm at the silly colour names. See if we can use the goo or whale mutagen on Cerulean, and make sure we don't do it while she's rejecting it. Perhaps have Chemista prepare a drink for her?

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 27, 2013, 04:32:58 pm »

Ooohhh...captured magical girl. Excellent.

Chain her up in the dungeon, release the succubi upon her with orders to corrupt her. Thouroughly.

Also, replace lost cog minions.

Also, redecorate the lair with luxurious items.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 27, 2013, 04:37:55 pm »

WITHOLD EXPERIMENTS
a fourth Dark Advisor is the very last thing we want...
Perhaps we should treat her kindly, sowing long-term corruption seeds in her frail mind, and then release her later against some sort of advantage. She could even (not consciously) corrupt the Pinkies from the inside at that point...
TL;DR: no recruiting. put her on the slippery slope, release her and see her unwillingly drag her comrades on said slope.
... ...
OH GOD THE IMPURE THOUGHTS

Bonus: I shall keep the score for the DARK (Dark Advisors RanKing):

-Mission success: 1 each (+10 points).
-Kidnapping: 1 guard/policeman for Chemista (+2 points?) and 1 Magical Girl for Lord Gamington. (+5 points)
-Losses: 0 for Chemista, 2 for Squiddy (-2 points) and 8 for Lord Gamington (-8 points)

Before adjustments, that makes: Chemista 12, Squiddy 10, Gamington 7.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 213