Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 258394 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #840 on: September 03, 2013, 08:35:11 am »

There's a difference between, don't target civilians, and Actual complete pacifist.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: September 03, 2013, 08:35:28 am »

My view of him was "a conflicted yet emotional individual, unsure of what he is and what he should do, and thus susceptible to impulsive actions, even against his moral standing or logical reasonong" before it was revealed that he was a Hero and then I began viewing him as "a man who has realised that violence breeds only violence and suffering, but cannot just retreat and leave the world as it is, who will make illogical decisions due to being a hardheaded hero with a set of morals".

I think the personality you're describing...uncertain what to do, prone to impulsive actions and illogical decisions...probably wouldn't make a very effective overlord.

I myself propose fighting them, but not lowering ourselves to their level. It will be hard, emotionally
devastating and probably disastrous, but this is what I believe former Silver would do.

No, i'm not asking for tactics. You suggested revising our "standards."

What standards do you suggest?

Because I don't see any easy way to fight on if we refuse to do any fighting.

Well, I never thought that Incognito was good overlord material. Or at least that is how I interpret his description by Shadenight.

Our standards should be, I believe, as they were described by Shadenight in the dialogue when Incognito lectured Cerulean after she melted a mother, with the addition of the fact that now we do not value the life of monsters over the lives of humans. Meaning if, hypothetically, Cerulean gets captured again, we do not kill innocents as a distraction. We still do everything else to rescue her, even acting like a hero and breaking into the prison with everything we have as a last resort, but we do not kill thousands of people to rescue one girl. If nothing helps, we mourn her and put a photo of her on our desk. Killing one man to save thousands, or simply because there is no other choice, is acceptable.

Cattani, killing people that try to kill us is fine, as they will not give us a choice.

That said, I still propose we let Knighthowl live. In a dungeon and with some extra limbs, but live.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 08:44:09 am by Knit tie »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: September 03, 2013, 08:52:17 am »

No to killing him. We don't break our standads if possible.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: September 03, 2013, 09:03:46 am »

Knock him out and then send him back to a remote part of the city. I'm sure he'll understand and get back to the heroes where he'll tellem how cool we are and to start a party at our base.

It may be a good idea to move out.

Cattani

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: September 03, 2013, 09:21:02 am »

Knock him out and then send him back to a remote part of the city. I'm sure he'll understand and get back to the heroes where he'll tellem how cool we are and to start a party at our base.

Worst-case scenario: He's a Heroic Hero. He's just going to continue hating us, and now he knows where our base is and who the real Overlord really is.
Best-case scenario: He now knows we are not really evil and just want a fair world. He tells this to everyone, they send him to the Asylum and gets brainwashed. The world just lost what may be the only reasonable hero.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: September 03, 2013, 09:38:14 am »

Ride a catfish away into the sunset, as originally ordered.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: September 03, 2013, 09:49:52 am »

Regardless of what we do with KnightHowl... we should put some effort into laying low, moving and rebuilding. we took a big hit here and there's no telling if others have a good idea about where to find us or not.

I'm hoping that with our MO and KnightHowl gone the people will assume he took care of us at the cost of his life.

also we need to get Psysquid back onboard before he goes off and become his own overlord or something... (I can totally see him try that... which... is kinda interesting).

about our 'standards' as-long as they're not torturing our 'daughter' we wont destroy cities?

anyway my preference is still..

"Save and Mutate KnightHowl"

or "Kill KnightHowl"

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: September 03, 2013, 09:55:17 am »

I'd actually say that the only time we broke our standards was when we slaughtered a city block to rescue one(1) girl. Euthanising that kid was sad and avoidably, yet the best choice nevertheless.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: September 03, 2013, 09:56:47 am »

Mutate him
Worst Case scenario: We kill him
Best Case Scenario:New Dark Advisor/Minion

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: September 03, 2013, 10:04:28 am »

Mutate him
Worst Case scenario: We kill him
Best Case Scenario:New Dark Advisor/Minion
Likely case scenario: He kills us anyway.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: September 03, 2013, 10:06:49 am »

Worst-case scenario: He's a Heroic Hero. He's just going to continue hating us, and now he knows where our base is and who the real Overlord really is.
Best-case scenario: He now knows we are not really evil and just want a fair world. He tells this to everyone, they send him to the Asylum and gets brainwashed. The world just lost what may be the only reasonable hero.
They'll torture him for our base's location first.

Ride a catfish away into the sunset, as originally ordered.
There are no Catfishes anymore. Mr Wuffles was the last, and he died.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: September 03, 2013, 10:07:12 am »

How about we pump knightwolf full of rabbit mutagen and teach him how to smoke?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: September 03, 2013, 10:12:09 am »

Standards start with respect for your enemy. And your friend. Not turning him into your mascot.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: September 03, 2013, 10:18:03 am »

Standards start with respect for your enemy. And your friend. Not turning him into your mascot.

I was joking. Still, we need a mascot, so we should mutate some random smoker into a rabbit.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #854 on: September 03, 2013, 10:54:02 am »

"Chemista? Can you heal him?" you ask quietly.
"What?" Chemista retorts with her eyes wide. "What exactly are..."
"You said you'd follow my commands if I chose your path," you reply harshly. "Then so be it. Follow. My. Orders. Patch him up."
"Why?" she asks then, but her 'why' is actually followed by a very same croaked out of Knighthowl.
"Because killing him won't change anything." You reply, looking back at her. "But showing him the truth like you did to me will."
"I don't have Mindium to erase his memories."
"We don't need to do that," you reply. "I'll talk with him. I'm good at talking sense in people, and wounded as he is he won't be going anywhere anytime soon. Call back the others. We have a base to rebuild."
Knighthowl closes his eyes and exhales slowly, before falling unconscious. Chemista hesitates for a moment, but then nods. "Very well then, your Overlordness. I will do as you command."
And with that, you slowly help her carry the Heroic Hero to your -admittedly poorly stocked- infirmary.

You're watching over the breathing -and bandaged- body of Knighthowl when the Heroic Hero finally cracks open an eye.
"Why?"
"Why what?"
"Why am I still alive?"
"I'm not a monster," you reply. "I don't know much of you. I don't remember our past together. But I am not a heartless monster."
"There were thousands of bodies littering the road," Knighthowl speaks slowly, "Men, women, children..."
"I was enraged. The association took my daughter. Had it been an Evil Overlord taking your daughter, would you not have faced his minions to save her?"
He looks towards you and then exhales. "Yes. Minions, however...are not children."
"I gave the order," you reply. "I understand now it was immoral, but...what do you expect me to do? This system must change."
"No system that changes with the deaths of innocents will ever be worth the blood spilled," Knighthowl replies. "None."
"But the system needs to change," you reply. "The system needs to change!" you stress out. "I made mistakes. I made grievous mistakes that I will pay for, but right now, in this moment...I ask you to lend me your strength."
"What?" Knighthowl closes his eyes. "My hearing must not be working properly. Why would I do that? I'm a Heroic Hero. I will not change my mind about what is right and what is wrong."
"Yes, I know," you reply. "Still, I can't let you leave and tell the Heroes association where the lair is."
"Who says I haven't already?"
You freeze, and then look at him.
"I haven't," he adds slowly. "You're as easy to tease as when you were a cute little puppy."
You frown.
"W-"
"Why? Because I was blinded by my desire to avenge whom I considered my son, that is why. If this is the path you wish to follow...I cannot condone your evil ways, I cannot condone your murders...but I can hope you find back what made you a Hero in the first place."
"Will you help me?"
"No," his reply is quick and to the point. "I will not...but neither will I return to the HEROES association. You spared my life, and that showed me there is still some good left in your heart. I hope...I hope you use it for the wellbeing of the people, and not just the monsters. I think I'll leave B-city behind. Still..." he frowns, before looking at you, "If you plan to overthrow the Heroes association...then you know there is another person from your past you will have to fight?"
"My past? Who?" you ask back, perplexed.
"Your real father," Knighthowl replies. "The Director of the HEROES association...and the past THE Hero."
"Father?" you blink. "My father's alive?"
"Yes, but he's also extremely busy," Knighthowl replies looking downcast. "There is a reason I all but grew you up."
"I'm sorry...I don't remember anything..."
"That molding jelly sure did a thorough job with you, puppy," Knighthowl deadpans. "Still...your old man is not a pushover so be careful."
"Are you sure you can't help me?" you ask once more.
"I'm sorry puppy, but...they ingrain into us Heroic types to dislike and kill the monster. I'm having a normal chat with you because you're human but...my blood starts to boil whenever I see a monster, and frankly I do not trust my blade not to fall upon the back of one of your 'friends' if I ever had the chance to do it."
You look at Knighthowl. He's tired and will probably require to rest before even thinking about leaving. You could talk with him some more for a while...

Ask Three Questions if you wish to/ three bits of Fluff around an aspect of your past.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 213