Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 254031 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #75 on: August 27, 2013, 11:34:05 am »

Upgrade

No need for weird stuff for now, let's leave it for when we are more powerful.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 27, 2013, 11:46:18 am »

Upgrade
No need for weird stuff for now, let's leave it for when we are more powerful.
+1
I... somewhat have to agree. New Scores of Minions come first, followed by a better Zeppelin. Then we can really go wild! Just think of it like building that pump-stack, so that the dwarves don't have to cross 120 Levels to the Magma.
Only that it will be far less tedious an undertaking! (Unless you are shadenight, that is :P)

Edit: Also -1 to any violent action against Advisors ª_ª
Really, why would we ever do that? Especially to Psysquid, who is our current premium reference-provider! On another note, he seems like premium material to experiment with. As in, his blood, on humans. A psychotic squid-army? There would be no way that this could ever go wrong, right?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 12:06:54 pm by escaped lurker »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 27, 2013, 11:46:49 am »

Base upgrade

I mean, with our luck we're going to grab another guard, and get another advisor.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 27, 2013, 11:48:36 am »

I think we need to establish that Chemista is our head adviser. She's been with us the longest, and she's clearly the most valuable.

Also...

"Psysquid, Chemista!" you bellow. Both advisors enter your throne room, as you continue. "Psysquid, take example from Chemista: she's leading with zero minions lost!"
"I...you're right, Overlord," Psysquid dryly remarks. "But I have special abilities unlocked, she doesn't! And frankly, I don't have to worry about ending up down the drain while taking a shower...now that I think about it, when was the last time she took one?"
"YOU RUDE BAST-"

We gave Psysquid an order and he argued with us to engage in petty rivalry. That is not acceptable. Chemista is a good and loyal lieutenant. She needs to be acknowledged and rewarded.

Give her Psysquids' head as a trophy, and a gift coupon for a full treatment at the local day massage.

Then upgrade the base.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 27, 2013, 11:50:16 am »

I think we need to establish tht Chemista is our head adviser. She's been with us the longest, and she's clearly the most valuable.
Not sure about that.

Also, not going to waste good Minion-o-tron feedstock.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 27, 2013, 11:54:16 am »

I like more chemista, but we shouldn't kill Psysquid. If we don't like someone, we send him in a suicide mission. Preferably with another symbol, so that we don't end up being blamed.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #81 on: August 27, 2013, 12:06:13 pm »

3) Upgrading Base

Create Cog-Minion Factory!

You direct the work at your lair, and smoothly a factory is built. It shall now produce your faithful basic Cog-Minions for as long as there will be Scraps available.
Of course, it will also be able to produce other types of Cogs given time and experimentation, but at the moment you do have the Flesh-Cog type you can create. What it does however is up to debate, since you have the 'Advanced' type in Lord Gamington, rather than the basic unit.

Producing Minions and You! The Cog-Guide to Cog-Conquering the world!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

5) Weather the Storm

"The city is peaceful, and while the heroes remain in a state of alert tensions are lowering. By the way, who wants to buy a really cheap anti-Chaos bunker?"

There is nothing interesting in the newscast, but at least you're enjoying a relaxing moment of peace and tranquility.
That lasts approximately five seconds.

"I'm a singer! I'm a ringer! I'm a finger! No, wait...computing..." Gamington tap-dances his way inside, spinning around with his cane and rhythmically dancing.
"Hey boss! Can I ask you a favor?"
You raise an eyebrow.
"I want to go on the next mission! Please! I want to show the world my dances! And my awesome tophat!"

Life with Dark Advisors and you: why should we care?

You are now in Downkeep
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 27, 2013, 12:10:43 pm »

"You may have permission. However, you must first research and plan some ideas. Come to me once you are done, and explain each one. Give me a few choices, I don't want everything to be a Destroy mission or some such thing."

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 27, 2013, 12:16:53 pm »

Well, he ... what does he do again? While it never was established, I would guess it is Destruction, like his base-material.

Give him the a-ok. We want to see what he can do.

We still get to choose the mission, so there should be no problems.

Produce additional cogs.

Never a bad thing to have.

"You may have permission. However, you must first research and plan some ideas. Come to me once you are done, and explain each one. Give me a few choices, I don't want everything to be a Destroy mission or some such thing."
Allright, this is obviously far superior to my idea. +1

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #84 on: August 27, 2013, 12:21:14 pm »

Still in Downkeep

You produce the Cogs required to bring your Mooks back to number ten. You now have ten wonderful Mooks that are Cog-Minions, Two Hydraulic Succubi, Three Dark Advisors...and your pet Catfishes.
Which are adorable, and you know it.

“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 27, 2013, 12:25:00 pm »

We need more succubi! How do we get more?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 27, 2013, 12:25:55 pm »

Can we summon another catfish? Kinda like round numbers.

And well, yes, he can go on the next mission.

Explanation to Chemista
   -> We are giving a more important mission to you. Our sources have shown that the base might come under attack, and we'd like to draw them into a trap. Hence, she's one of the few people we leave here.

Explanation to Psysquid
  -> He's going to attack some aquatic target of little importance. It's more of a test mission to test the reliability of the catfish as troop transport.

We need more succubi! How do we get more?
Summon them, I suppose.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 27, 2013, 12:28:20 pm »

Yeah, just send him in a full destruction mission.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #88 on: August 27, 2013, 12:31:19 pm »

Monsters and you!

Dark Minions and you!

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 27, 2013, 12:31:45 pm »

I was presuming we were upgrading instead of a mission.

Still, I think we should probably use this downtime to build up a bit more, give Chemista some warm fuzzy evil feelings. Letting Cogsy have a more active role in mission-making should make him feel just as fuzzy as Chemista. And it won't have as much of a knock-on effect if we do it with him, because the other two will still think Cogsy's crazy, so he's not as much of a threat to their percieved dominance. (O-Chul and Mr. Scruffy, anyone?)

If anyone has a suggestion to make Psysquid happy, we can use that. For now, I just want to make sure they're all feeling loyal after their pay got lowered.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 213