Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 258192 times)

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #405 on: August 30, 2013, 05:53:37 am »

I, again, suggest we do missions 2 and 3 and abstain from obviously-suicidal-meatgrinder-bloodbath-fests such as mission 1 until we develop some sort of not completely useless cannon fodder. Perhaps we should inject some human mutagen into a catfish and use the resulting hopefully terrestrial fishzilla as a heavy hitter.

And summon some more hydraulic succubi. On missions where they don't fight they are golden.

Also, Shadenight, if I may be so bold as to ask, is our evil self capable of any physical combat? And is it possible to postpone certain missions for later?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 05:57:58 am by Knit tie »

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: August 30, 2013, 05:57:49 am »

obviously-suicidal-meatgrinder-bloodbath-fests such as mission 1

On closer review though...it isn't. The security units are like cog minions: tough as cardboard. The special forces are like succibi. Effective, but remember how man-fairy hero one-shotted them? So it's a heroic hero vs, Chemista...who has both a former overlord bonus plus a sidekick bonus.

They have the advantage in slightly superior meatshields, but we have the advantage in slightly superior adviser. And advisers/heros seem to decide battles much more than minion meatshields do.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: August 30, 2013, 06:06:29 am »

On closer review though...it isn't. The security units are like cog minions: tough as cardboard. The special forces are like succibi. Effective, but remember how man-fairy hero one-shotted them? So it's a heroic hero vs, Chemista...who has both a former overlord bonus plus a sidekick bonus.

They have the advantage in slightly superior meatshields, but we have the advantage in slightly superior adviser. And advisers/heros seem to decide battles much more than minion meatshields do.
Plus, I think we'll be able to go along with Chemista, and depending on how martially competent we are as an Evil Overlord, we'll have a slight advantage.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: August 30, 2013, 06:08:33 am »

I am not worried about the meatshields, I am worried about the hero, who, to quote Shadenight himself, is psychopatically fixated on destroying evil. It's a gamble, really, if the hero is merely a lunatic, Chemista has some nice abilities and the dice smile upon us, we may win, but if we underestimate the threat and end up facing something that resembles a Space Marine in a game of Dark Heresy or a Shoggoth in The Call of Cthulhu, something that is designed to be a final test of our mettle, at this point in the game, we will have to watch the goo-girlsburn alive.

I merely suggest we play it safe for now.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: August 30, 2013, 06:09:48 am »

It's a significant risk. A single hero took out a almost all minions, and 2 dark minions. On his own.

And we won't have a superior adviser. We're fighting against a heroic hero. The previous ones were just minor heroes.

So it's Superior minions + superior Special forces (we have a piggybank, they got special forces) + Superior advisor. Also, they'll have superior numbers. I really hope you're not attached to Chemista. (Psysquid is the better brawler, btw. He's got an ability.)

I mean, we could try to sacrifice all our money by feeding it to the piggybank, and use the uber piggy to smash the Asylum.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: August 30, 2013, 06:19:09 am »

Can we sacrifice stuff for personal abilities? Like gaining more strength or mental skill, instead of summoning things?
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: August 30, 2013, 06:29:42 am »

I am worried about the hero, who, to quote Shadenight himself, is psychopatically fixated on destroying evil.
It's a gamble,

Right, but that's the thing: right now we have the chance to fight one hero who is psychopathically fixated on destroying evil. And if we don't...we will then have five heroes who are psychopathically fixated on destroying not only evil...but us personally, because we took Cerulean away from them. Yes, it's a gamble...but if it's a gamble we're afraid to make now, it's only going to get worse later because instead of us choosing whether to fight, they'll be raiding our facility. Remember that they already made a move to locate our base by giving Cerulean her staff back.

Psysquid is the better brawler, btw. He's got an ability.

The way I read the numbers, Psysquid has a +6 that only works once. Chemista has an effective +2 that works every roll. Plus...it occurs to me that she might be immune to bullets.

I think we'll be able to go along with Chemista

Hmm. Well, if we can both go...we would be able to show team-red that while they're still orphans, Cerulean has both a mommy and a daddy. That should totally break them.

Yep. Go for it.

Chemista plus Cerulean on mission 1. Inform them fully of the situation. Lead the mission personally with Chemista along as advisor if that is an option. If not, give Chemista whatever support she needs. Preference for bringing team four-and-a-half star back to join our ranks, but either way...deal with them now.

They made it clear that they would be gunning for us and holding nothing back. Now's the time for us to do the same,  not wait for them to get strong. Seeing what even man-fairy did, I don't think we want five heroes tougher than him loose with a personal vendetta against us. Fighting one heroic hero will be easier than fighting five.

Let's do it.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: August 30, 2013, 06:35:24 am »

Maybe we should ask first. Cerulean isn't the most stable of persons anyway, and now you're sending her to fight, and deal with her former team mates and friends. I doubt Chemista is going to appreciate it.

The way I read the numbers, Psysquid has a +6 that only works once. Chemista has an effective +2 that works every roll. Plus...it occurs to me that she might be immune to bullets.
Yup she's immune to bullets. Hence why the standard procedure is to burn them. Alive.

Also' it's not a constant +2. It's a +2 solely to control checks of control missions. This is a mixed mission, and there's zero benefit during combat.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 06:38:01 am by 10ebbor10 »

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: August 30, 2013, 06:39:50 am »

The choice is yours, but please, please do not bring Cerulean. A +1 is not worthy the risk of her dying, and in her current state she will not be kind towards her former friends. We do not even need her, really, the former Stars are still in casts and wheelchairs, mentally broken. It will be a trivial matter, forcing them into the zeppelin and bringing them here.

Bring something tough instead, like a monster. We will need as many meat between us and the hero as we can.

Or hell, send a catfish to wreak havoc in the direct vicinity of the asylum and distract the security so that we can sneak in more easily.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 06:43:02 am by Knit tie »

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #414 on: August 30, 2013, 06:44:33 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 06:46:21 am by shadenight123 »
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: August 30, 2013, 06:45:10 am »

The choice is yours, but please, please do not bring Cerulean. A +1 is not worthy the risk of her dying, and in her current state she will not be kind towards her former friends. We do not even need her, really, the former Stars are still in casts and wheelchairs, mentally broken. It will be a trivial matter, forcing them into the zeppelin and bringing them here.
Breaking into a top security facility, defeating security, eliminating reinforcements, and defeating a heroic hero might be. (We almost had a teamwipe against a single unsupported normal heroe, and nothing has improved. In fact, our combat abilities have disminished, depending on how strong that piggybank is.)

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: August 30, 2013, 06:50:52 am »

Furthermore, I indeed told you that 'having more than one Dark Advisor' is inadvisable at the beginning, and then made it a rule of only having one per mission...(somewhere further down, I'm sure) BUT! I never said anything about there not being also the Overlord.

So yes, You could make a Overlord+(Chemista+Cerulean)-Count as one+ 8 creatures.

Do it. This is an all or nothing mission.

Also' it's not a constant +2. It's a +2 solely to control checks of control missions. This is a mixed mission, and there's zero benefit during combat.

I was actually not referring to this one:

Chemista:

I was an Overlordess in my Youth (Passive): +2 on Control Sucess Mission

But rather, these two:

Ex-Overlordess: +1 and +1 on mixed Checks
Side-Kick Bonus: +1 as long as it related to being a side-kick

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: August 30, 2013, 06:53:36 am »

I am holding fingers crossed.

Yes, sometimes you have to throw caution to the wind and go and take a steampunk-rocket-propelled-sledgehammer to the hero's face personally. So go ahead and show these fools the might of evil! I now vote for mission 1! For even if we die, we will die gloriously!

GO TEAM EVIL, GO AND SMASH THAT DEUTERAGONIST INTO DUST!

« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 07:01:31 am by Knit tie »

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: August 30, 2013, 06:56:59 am »

I would vote against sending Cerulean. i have already said that I would rather send gamington anyway, and given my reasons.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #419 on: August 30, 2013, 07:00:38 am »

Choose your team

"Cerulean, do you want to go with me and Chemista?" you ask her pointing towards mission one. She nods, putting up a nice smile.
"Of course! It will be a going out like, families right? And maybe I dunno...maybe it's not my ex-friends who are turning up...Heroic?"
"Assaulting the Asylum compared to a family outing," Chemista mutters. "Of course it will," she adds then hastily. "There's no way his Evil Overlordness won't manage such a feat!"

Mission One: Incognito [Ink]+Chemista+Cerulean+Steel Piggybank+7 Cog-Minions.

Mission Three: ?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 213