Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 254026 times)

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #3150 on: August 19, 2014, 07:00:31 am »

Downkeep

Psysquid

"So, Psysquid," you say, and then stop. He's apparently busy building a model ship inside a bottle, using his tentacles and quietly concentrating.
"Yes, your evil overlordness?"
"What are you doing?"
"A hobby of mine, your evilness," Psysquid replies. "It's very relaxing, I must admit."
You frown. "Is it?"
"Well, no, putting the boat inside the glass bottle isn't. But it's very well worth it afterwards."
You scratch the side of your face, not understanding.

Then you watch Psysquid nod to himself, and place the delicate looking ship on the nearby counter, in the kitchen.

And afterwards, he quietly tiptoes out of the room. You follow him, and watch as he hides behind the corner, in wait with his breath drawn.

Chemista comes slinking behind the corner, and as she moves, she passes by the thing without toppling it. Psysquid quietly twitches a tentacle in that moment, and the thing falls down with a crash.
And then Psysquid appears. "What happened? You! Look what you did!"
Chemista raises an eyebrow. "What I did? You insufferable squid, I did not make it fall!"
"No? Is there anyone else around here who did that?! I spent hours building it up!"
"Frankly, your horrendous and disgusting hobby that makes you look like a perverted bastard should-"

You bring a hand to your face.
And quietly sigh.
Really. Out of all the Dark Advisers...

Gamington

"Give me give me give me a dance after Christmas, won't somebody help me dance the shadows away!" Gamington's dancing, quite thoroughly, on the Dance-Dance Mat Over-Nine Thousand.
"Nanananaaaa nanananaaaa," Coghuahua sings along with the mic.
There is...too much movement of hips for your brain to properly process it all.
The last remaining human girl -wearing a cog-like outfit- is excitedly clapping her hands at the show.

"Ahem," you cough, to catch their attention. The cog-outfitted human girl proceeds to rush into hiding behind Coghuahua.
"Yes, your lordness?" Gamington says, standing at attention.
"Everything's all right?"
"Sure thing!" he says, with thumb-up included. "We're eagerly awaiting the chance to destroy the Heroes Association!"
"Very well then," you say, "Continue doing...whatever it is that you were doing."

Cerulean

"Cerulean?"
"Yes, dad?" Cerulean replies primly, while holding in her arms a sleeping spider-kid, who apparently enjoys sleeping with all eight legs curled up around its chest. The 'children' section is quite filled with marks of the various children' passage, like silk from the corners, bite marks, claw marks, broken dolls with their interiors ripped out, books slashed, and a large aquarium where the fish-types are swimming around, sometimes headbutting each other.
There are a lot of broken toys, strewn around the room.
Quite the metaphor for lost childhood.
"What is magic?" you ask her, and she blinks.
"Wave the wand and say something cool?" she replies. "I...I don't think there's anything else to it."
"Really?" you frown.
"Well, but I was a magical girl, and I had my stick of power. I had a color, and...that was pretty much it? Now, if I had a stronger magical staff I could throw powerful magics, I'm sure of it."
"Yes, but how does it work?" you ask, and Cerulean shrugs.
"Dunno dad, it just does. How do you build the Cogs?"
"I just do," I shrugged. "Oh, I see."
"Yep," Cerulean nods. "Magic's pretty much the same thing, dad."

The Upkeep

There is a vice like grip around your neck, choking you, but when you open your eyes, it's gone.
It's like somebody tried to suffocate you, but apparently stopped the moment you opened your eyes. You manage to move to the side of your bed, and from there quietly get dressed in your Evil Overlord uniform.
The morning air is salty, and of course tastes like seawater.
As you step into the kitchen for breakfast, the usual chaos is absent, replaced by a demure and sober atmosphere.

You don't really understand what's going on, but take a seat at the table.
"It's soon going to be a full year," Chemista says, noticing your confusion. "It was August the Twenty-Fifth, and soon, it will be again."
You blink.
Uh, how fast does time fly.
"Well, your evil overlordness," Gamington remarks. "As per orders, I had four wuffle-cogs made, and then fused them with the four assault cogs."

Resources lost: Four Wuffle Cogs, Four Assault Cogs.
Acquired: Four Air Assault Cogs

"And...ahem," Psysquid coughs, to attract your attention. "There's...this to consider."

He pushes up to you the three available missions.

1) Acquire the Mindium Crystal from the Museum. You may do this mission this turn, or the following one. Afterwards, it will be too late for both Cheery and Incognito. Mixed. Heroic Hero Present! Side-Kick present! Special Forces Present! Police Present!
2) Cut the Supply Line. The evacuation was halted, meaning the Heroes Association will not receive reinforcements, but this doesn't mean they'll be defenseless...unless we cut off their food supplies, and make them starve to death. Destruction. High Chance of a Hero! High Chance of a Side-Kick! Special Forces present. Police Present.
3) Assimilate the lost city. Hero city is now filled with refugees, lost, scared and traumatized people, and is being overrun by mutants. They'll die if they are not saved. Control. Available only Today. No Heroes present. No Side-Kicks. Low Chance of Special Forces. Police Present. Monsters Present.

You swallow thickly.
"We can only choose two," Psysquid remarks. "We could wait for the Crystal...but I have the feeling they'll move it if we wait too long. And it might even get harder than it is now to recapture it, your evilness. It's...a tough call."
"The City's practically a done deal," Chemista remarks. "The monsters will easily overrun them, murder them, and then we can take over the monsters."
"And how many innocents are going to die if that's the case?" Gamington asks. "Please your evilness...think of the children."
"What his evilness needs now is the Mindium Crystal," Chemista hisses back. "And we must cut the supply lines. There's no need to think about the humans. They chose their side the day they decided mutants had to be purged. So now, why not have the Humans purged for once?"
"They could bolster the army," Psysquid remarks. "If saved. But...your evilness," he looks at you. "I'd rather you kept yourself sane and safe, rather than risk for strangers' lives."

You sigh.
Choices...choices...
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3151 on: August 19, 2014, 07:09:30 am »

Wooo!

Mission 3. We go with all our dark minions and cogs, as well as ourselves. We also go with Gamington, Coghuahua and Cerulean.

Chemista must not go.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3152 on: August 19, 2014, 08:17:03 am »

Mission 3 indeed. I am thinking it may be a trap, though, so just send quite a bit of our military might. After all, they have a psionic neutralizer.

Then in downtime, build moar cogs. Bolster our army to the max.

THEN next turn, the dramatic assault on the mindium shard !

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3153 on: August 19, 2014, 08:18:25 am »

Mission 3 indeed. I am thinking it may be a trap, though, so just send quite a bit of our military might. After all, they have a psionic neutralizer.

Then in downtime, build moar cogs. Bolster our army to the max.

THEN next turn, the dramatic assault on the mindium shard !
Yes, this was what I was thinking about.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3154 on: August 19, 2014, 11:28:33 am »

Agreed.
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3155 on: August 19, 2014, 11:47:02 am »

I am also partial to mounting sirens on our air assault cogs.

The Jericho Trumpet ones, of course.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3156 on: August 19, 2014, 12:28:32 pm »

I am also partial to mounting sirens on our air assault cogs.

The Jericho Trumpet ones, of course.
Optimally, they should actually incapacitating.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3157 on: August 19, 2014, 03:10:28 pm »

Do mission 3 with the strongest force we are capable of fielding, because this is so obviously a trap. Also, take Ragnarok and Mauve along.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3158 on: August 19, 2014, 03:17:42 pm »

1) Acquire the Mindium Crystal from the Museum. You may do this mission this turn, or the following one. Afterwards, it will be too late for both Cheery and Incognito.

So.. which kind of both is this? Do we have to get the crystal this turn, unless we want to leave Cheery to her fate, or do we have enough time for both of them if we capture it next turn?

If the former, I am for almost full-force attack on that crystal, while putting chemista into the possible trap. She has escaped before. Then again, without her, I doubt we will be able to admister the mindium. The third mission might not be worth the risk...

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3159 on: August 19, 2014, 05:30:20 pm »

Oh I personally think Mission 3 would boost us greatly, because by showing mercy we allow remaining humans to see that we are the not the enemy, only extremist activists

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #3160 on: August 19, 2014, 05:58:25 pm »

Mission 2 AND 3 of course.

If we succesfully cut those supply lines we can weaken them at the museam and elsewhere. Plus 3 sounds pretty easy and we'll get lots of people on our side via mutations that we could launch a super assault into another city no problem.

How nice to see this back.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3161 on: August 20, 2014, 01:35:58 am »

Number 3 probably isn't as easy at it seems. There are mutants present, after all.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3162 on: August 20, 2014, 02:02:56 am »

1 and 3.  I think horrible things happen if we do not attempt 1 this round.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3163 on: August 20, 2014, 01:47:09 pm »

I honestly think that mission 3 will be of absolutely brutal difficulty, and if we try to do both it and mission 1 we will bite more than we can chew.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #3164 on: August 20, 2014, 02:48:19 pm »

maybe your right but we need to weaken the heroes best we can or at least make it so that there allies are weaker.
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213