Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 254163 times)

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #3120 on: August 07, 2014, 03:51:14 am »

Alright, let's get this straight, the Sacrifice device generates stuff depending on emotional connection, history and the general consensus of what the objects used would correspond to, hence wench blood, lasso and cowboy hat created a cowboy succubus while IT was so confusing.

On that note, using the train and money is a massive waste, how much metaphorical blood does this train have? It signifies such a sobering moment in our overlords history of how much slaughter went down there and using it for a big money train is just discarding such a powerful thing.

Alright, that was a bit of a tangent there, but as well as this I suggest we start forays into the more magical side of things because I think we have been leaning a bit too heavily on genetic monstrosities and robots, I mean there is a lot of potential in magic here.
Of course, just to not bog everything up, I say to just make some more steel-cogs, 'Stogs'.

And fluff with chemistsa on the properties of magic in this world.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3121 on: August 07, 2014, 04:57:02 am »

Steel assault cogs, baby! These beauties have +2.25 on attack each!

Okay, sacrifice: I propose we go for the soul reaper/sucker (and probably get a zombie maid or something, our summoning skills have been proven to suck).
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 05:18:23 am by Knit tie »

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3122 on: August 07, 2014, 05:13:22 am »

I would say adapt machineguns to wuffle-cogs with our new steel.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3123 on: August 07, 2014, 05:38:07 am »

Actually, let's do that, we can't keep having our Cogs go into Melee range for no reason, but at the same time, we really should develop some nonleathal weaponry to capture heros and Somesuch.
Alan help.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3124 on: August 07, 2014, 06:07:20 am »

On that note, using the train and money is a massive waste, how much metaphorical blood does this train have? It signifies such a sobering moment in our overlords history of how much slaughter went down there and using it for a big money train is just discarding such a powerful thing.

Hey now, you really dissed my suggestion, Execute.

It was destroyed in its first use; all we got to see was that it gave a +.5 to the control roll

Spoiler: We've (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: had (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: plenty (click to show/hide)
of nice/interesting results that used no blood.

Point being, SAD works.  With or without blood.

Alright, that was a bit of a tangent there, but as well as this I suggest we start forays into the more magical side of things because I think we have been leaning a bit too heavily on genetic monstrosities and robots, I mean there is a lot of potential in magic here.

You say that, then you vote for

Of course, just to not bog everything up, I say to just make some more steel-cogs, 'Stogs'.

This... is... Shadenight123's story.  Have you seen its complexity and variety?  Shadenight123 does not bog.

He glories.

You know, even though you dissed my idea, if you'd gone ahead with what you claim to 'want', that magic stuff, I would have thrown a vote at you for it.  Sure, we voted at the beginning, and this was decided:

Steampunk-Technology
Monsters
Man
Incognito [Ink]

We're not off our path.  We're right on it.  Sheesh, you ticked me off, dissing my idea and not even suggesting what you claim to want.

I see no reason to think that sacrificing this train and a wagon of money (we have wagonS of it) is at all a waste.  This train had history.  We just don't know it.  Lots of people recently put a lot of emotion and effort into this train.  We could do other things with it.  It's far from a waste.

But I don't think we have lots of corpses lying around now.  They got left at the city.  What we brought back was listed.  The last time we sacrificed a huge amount of corpse, the fight that created them was fought in our lair and we were just cleaning up anyway.

I'll throw my vote at your suggestion anyway.  Pity you didn't actually vote for what you claimed to want to see....  Nah, you vote for steel cogs, more robots....

Oh, you've changed your vote again already.  Fine, even though it's still not what you said you wanted to see.

Actually, let's do that, we can't keep having our Cogs go into Melee range for no reason, but at the same time, we really should develop some nonleathal weaponry to capture heros and Somesuch.
+1

Sure hope you spend more of the rest of your words selling what you want to see happen and less attacking others' ideas.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3125 on: August 07, 2014, 07:54:03 am »

I would rather not sacrifice the train, it doesn't have much metaphysical weight and it can be very useful for other things, such as base consruction. With all due respect, Imp, your last summoning idea ended rather badly - Mauve came out bite-sized.

We also should send Ragnarok to the training room again, we only know one of his abilities. And speaking of Mauve, we need to find out how to upgrade her.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 08:05:53 am by Knit tie »

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3126 on: August 07, 2014, 08:17:40 am »

Oh, sorry, man, I didn't mean it to come out like that, I'm really sorry if I offended you and had no intention of offending you, it was late, I was hyped up on coke zero, and I really hope that you can trust me on that.
Edit: and still am hyped up on coke zero and it is still late for me, so sorry, man.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 08:22:30 am by Execute/Dumbo.exe »
Alan help.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3127 on: August 07, 2014, 10:41:59 am »

We wanted a means of deafeating people without killing them? Well, then I vote for my idea for a Sleep mage.

Oh, and I don't know if we can put machineguns on wuffle cogs, maybe ther are too heavy. I would go with pistols instead.

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #3128 on: August 07, 2014, 02:05:28 pm »

We wanted a means of deafeating people without killing them? Well, then I vote for my idea for a Sleep mage.

Oh, and I don't know if we can put machineguns on wuffle cogs, maybe ther are too heavy. I would go with pistols instead.
Maybe, If we do get a sleep Mage, why not equip the wuffle cog's with a tiny gun that fires dart's filled with sleep bullshit magic
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3129 on: August 07, 2014, 02:25:53 pm »

So, wufflecogs with ranged weaponry are what we produce. But what do we summon? We really do need consensus here or Shade will never write an update. 2 people vote for the sleep mage, yours truly votes for the soul sucker, Imp wants to sacrifice a train and Dumbo votes against it but not for anything in particular. Any other votes?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3130 on: August 07, 2014, 02:53:30 pm »

Trains down drains! 

Sleep mage +1.

Lets see how sleepy the mage is   :P
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3131 on: August 07, 2014, 03:19:28 pm »

I think we should write down our experiences, and then sacrifice that story together with the rails.

Plot armor anyone?

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3132 on: August 07, 2014, 03:52:23 pm »

I think we should write down our experiences, and then sacrifice that story together with the rails.

Plot armor anyone?
If we are allowed to make crazy suggestions, I would like to sacrifice a sunburst symbol made of emerald, placed in the centre of a hollow brass sphere with miniature effigies of city streets and buildings on the inside, together with a huge pile of mutilated, radioactive corpses of people who died in agony. But I doubt Shadenight has heard of what I am alluding to, so I am still voting for the sleep mage.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 02:28:24 am by Knit tie »

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3133 on: August 07, 2014, 05:35:52 pm »

Alright, I was being dumb, I just disliked the idea of sacrificing the train when it signified such a undignified slaughter, in character of course, so i was thinking of sacrificing it with the rails and dead bodies to get a ghost train but in retrospect it was kind of a dumb idea.

So whatever 1+ to the sleep Mage.
Alan help.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3134 on: August 09, 2014, 05:14:44 am »

I somewhat disagree with Imp's, mostly because the train holds no emotional value to us. It's been stated that the SAD works well when you sacrifice something that is important to you. "With great power, comes great sacrifice". "Great sacrifice" here, meaning something that we rely on, which is a part of us or which is important to us. The train isn't a great sacrifice because it is merely a spoil of war, and a possible tool or raw material. It has no other importance to us.

We are a mechanical steampunk genius, what do we do with a train ? Make a moving base, or hell make a sentient train mecha or something equally silly.

Though maybe the train holds some emotional value due to the dreams of the persons who took them somehow took form inside the train. But I doubt it.
We could also use the train sacrifice as a "shell" for the summon, so the summon takes the form of a train. Which would be a good use of the train. But so far, history does not go to prove this latter theory.

Still, replacing the train's wheels with something that can roll on land and adding cannons and machineguns... soo pretty...

On that matter of wuffle-cogs, do that. Machinegun wuffle-cogs. If it was me I'll add a few bombs and sirens as well for full Stuka effect. But it will make them pretty heavy, especially the bombs.

I'm OK with the sleep mage as well. I fully remember experiences with the D&D level 1 Sleep spell andd it is gamebreaking.

Though knowing shadenight it'll probably end up in having a sentient spellcasting pillow which bounces everywhere...
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 05:17:37 am by Naryar »
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 213