Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 254378 times)

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #3090 on: August 04, 2014, 08:17:40 am »

Um, after seeing the list of units, may I ask why we didn't include the figurehead and the elephant wraith in mission 1? Mission 3 is supposed to be a kind of suicide mission, that's why we send Chemista with disposable cogs.
I thought that our forces in mission 1 were all that our zeppelin could carry. Still, I would replace Gamington and Coghuahua with Ragnarok and Mauve, who will hopefully become a proper sidekick afterwards. We gotta give the kid some actual combat experience, after all.

Cattani

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3091 on: August 04, 2014, 09:00:49 am »

Is this...

Guys, is that shadenight?

Holy cow shadenight is back!!

MISSED YOU BROTHER!

BLOW UP TRAINS! MURDER PEOPLE! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3092 on: August 04, 2014, 11:11:22 am »

Yes, I'm back. U_U
Do notice that Wuffle-Cogs don't count as troop-limit, because they fly and follow after the Zeppelin.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3093 on: August 04, 2014, 03:05:38 pm »

BLOW UP TRAINS! MURDER PEOPLE! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

Blood being spilt for Khorne is sweeter when it is spilled from worthy enemies.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 03:07:12 pm by Naryar »

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3094 on: August 04, 2014, 03:17:24 pm »

Yes, I'm back. U_U
Do notice that Wuffle-Cogs don't count as troop-limit, because they fly and follow after the Zeppelin.

Then we should add the figurehead and the elephant wraith to the list.

EDIT: I honestly don't really care at this point, can we please get to the killing, maiming and burning part now?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 03:29:33 pm by Knit tie »

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3095 on: August 04, 2014, 04:08:05 pm »

Yeah I agree. Let's not spend 3 pages to choose an army too late, already done.

Let's just get this mission on the road, I don't particularly care either about the exact army list.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3096 on: August 05, 2014, 01:34:41 am »

All right, I suppose I'll go with this:

Mission One:
InCognito
     - Praetorian Cog
     - Splintercog
Gamington
    -Coghuahua

1 Cowboy Succubus
1 Luxury Succubus
1 Dark Knight
3 Assault Cog
2 Wuffle Cogs
9 Machinegun Guardog

*These are twenty troops plus the 2 wuffle cogs*

All right. Now give me some time to find where the various modifiers are for these troops, and I'll write up the Update.

Mission One has been chosen.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3097 on: August 05, 2014, 02:14:00 am »

Good, I'm in the mood for some blood and violence today!

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3098 on: August 05, 2014, 03:14:08 am »

Train Carnage

The Zeppelins sail through the air like boats on water, their engines humming at full throttle as you stand at the helm of the ship, flanked by Splinter-Cog and the Praetorian Cog.
Gamington's humming at the front of the zeppelin, Coghuahua by his side. He's polishing his lance and his top-hat, while Coghuahua's making sure her dance shoes are sparkling clean.
There's a thin tension in the air, maybe exacerbated by the fact that this is going to be a hell of a tough fight.
The Cowboy Succubus is snapping its lasso in the air, while the Luxury Succubus' fanning herself.
The Dark Knight sharpens his sword and grunts in satisfaction, eager for blood.
The Assault Cogs check their rifles and oil the mechanisms, something the Machinegun Guardog do too. The Wuffle Cogs follow the zeppelin from behind, 'Wuffle-Wuffle'.

"The city's coming into view, Overlord!" Gamington exclaims, and Splinter Cog pulls down his three dotted green visor, hoisting his sniper rifle.
"Turn on the music," you say, "It's time to end this."

The music starts to blare as you spin the wheel of the zeppelin, deftly using the cover of the clouds to land before anyone can spot you, across the trains' rails.
Your troop disembark, forming compact lines as they march ahead, catching the enemy by surprise.

Abilities Discovered
Splinter-Cog: Fire From Afar. (A single D12 roll with no bonus. Kills anything it can before the start of the battle proper)
Splinter-Cog: Sniping Routine. +3 Destruction on success and first round. +1 Later Rounds. No Defense Bonus.
Praetorian-Cog: So Speaks My Lord. +2.50 Destruction Offense and Defense as long as attached to Incognito.
Dark Knight: I Am the Darkness. +1.0 Destruction. +1.0 Control. +0.5 Bonus on Destruction if Attacking Living People, on Control if Terrorizing People.
Cowboy Succubus: Lasso Acquisition. (Acquire any unit, even special ones up the ladder, after a single D12 roll is applied. Cannot be done again)
Machinegun Guardog: Hold. The. Line! 0.25 Des. 1.50 Des Defense.

Dice Rolls(No luck for the wicked, uh):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Enemy Forces:
Hero Present(1)! Side-Kick Present(1)! Special Forces Present(11)! Police Present(48)! Heroic Hero will arrive in four turns!

Battle!

You bring up your staff, and take a deep breath. You point it in front of you, and exhale. You can see the trains packed with people to the point where more than a few stand atop them, and you can see the crowd pushing to enter from the station. The police is regulating it, but no matter which way you look at it, this is going to be a carnage.
And it's a carnage you'll have to do in order to stop them from leaving.
Splinter Cog lays down on the ground near you, and primes the first bullet.
"Computing Optimal Parameters, Overlord, awaiting instructions."
You give the Splinter-Cog a nod, and then you watch as the bullet departs with a loud 'bang'.
At the same time, you give the order, and with a terrifying scream of war, the charge happens before anyone can react.

Splinter-Cog's bullet strikes truer than most, and slams with unprecedented ferocity into the chest of the Side-Kick, a boy barely older than fifteen holding a costume the form of a Train Attendant.
The Hero's screams are music in your ears as you roar and charge, your armor coming up as you howl your rage.
The machinegun Guardog rattle as they open fire in large sways, the bullet bursts slamming into screaming civilians and policemen alike. The Cowboy Succubus snaps her whip, and a Special Forces operative ends up 'whipped' away from the fray, immobilized and under the succubus' 'tender' cures.
The Luxury Succubus pouts.
She's never going to get a man if the brutes keep opening fire on them first!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The massive cog-armor slams into the defensive lines of the police, too scared to actually properly take aim. A massive mass of steel and death soon follows, as the Praetorian Cog twirls its heavy flail through the defenses, blood splattering everywhere.
A train tries to depart, but a quick shot from Splinter-Cog ends it on...its tracks, making it derail and fall on the side.
In the midst of the carnage, the steel used to reinforce your minions does its dirty job, turning your Cogs into machines of death, and the Dark Knight cackles as he swings his word in the midst of the crowd.
The Wuffle Cog shriek as they spin their blades to slice a Special Force, before the rest is riddled with holes, without even the time to react.
The wounded Side-Kick of the Hero tries to scream out a request for help, but an Assault Cog rounds up in front of him, opening fire and riddling him with holes against the wall.
It is like the slaughter of San Valentine.
Only, there's really more blood and innocents killed in the fray.

"Y-Y-You monsters!" the Hero finally manages to scream as he clutches the corpse of his side-kick to his chest, his eyes shocked. "W-We were just evacuating the city!" he shrieks. His shrill screams echo those of a train's whistle, and as you look at him from the safety of your armor, you shake your head.
"There shall be no evacuating," you say flatly, and bring up your cog-armor enhanced staff.
The Hero doesn't even try to stop you, and merely looks down at the corpse of his side-kick, bleeding his last.
"He was my son," he mutters, a sad smile on his face. "He really liked trains, wanted to be like his pops, a hero in service of the people."
You ground your teeth, the staff still up.
"And your creatures murdered him," the Hero hisses. "I am Super Trainman," he mumbles, "And with me, trains are never late," shaking his head, he starts to chuckle softly. "There is a special place in hell for monsters like you, Evil Overlord," he looks at you firmly, his visage old, "And I hope that wherever it is, you rot forever and ever!"
A bullet slams through the man's side of the head, and you see Splinter-Cog by your side, gun still sizzling as a thin trail of smoke emerges from it.
The Hero doesn't even try to survive it, but simply falls limp on the ground.
"Target eliminated, Overlord," the Splinter-Cog says calmly, and then looks up at you. "Computing. Evil Overlord?"
"Yes?" you reply, your voice soft.
"Computing. You are leaking from your visual sensors."
"Oh," you mumble. "I see."

You turn and give a nod to Gamington and the others. "We've won!" you yell. "Now destroy the tracks before the Heroic Hero comes! Make sure none can escape!"
"Yes, Overlord!" those who can scream do, and those who can't, merely yell 'Cog! Cog! Computing Cog!'.

Before the Heroic Hero can arrive, your zeppelin lifts off, taking within its belly quite the catch in metal, a train, and whatnot.

Resources Acquired: Special Force OperativeX1. A Train without Tracks. Some Train-Rails. The City will not be Evacuated.

Weather the Storm

You don't want to, but there's little you can do but turn on the news and listen to what is going on.

There is a somber mood in the studio of the Heroes, as the newscaster looks at her papers and exhales. "People of Hero-City, I bring grave news. The People of the last remaining city still alive after the terrible nuclear explosions, brought forth by the Evil Overlord Incognito, will not join us in the defense of our beautiful city. Some lucky stragglers will make their way by foot to us, but that is if they can survive the radioactive wastelands and cropping mutants along the now dangerous path. The Evil Overlord has struck a devastating blow to the railway system, and due to the lack of supplies, the inhabitants of the city are destined to a terrifying death by starvation or radiation, or to be picked up as food from the mutants who will soon encroach it. Remember this day, for it is a dark day. However, a good news in the midst of this carnage exists. The Heroes Association has decided to share an innovative system to create Heroes, and soon, much of the population will be required to participate in this program to increase the number of Heroes for the defense of the citizens. The program is compulsory to all able-bodied citizens."

The newscaster grimaces, and a tear leaves her face. "We may not live to see tomorrow come, fellow citizens, but we refuse to go down without a fight. Let the Evil Overlord come! Let him come and face us! We will stop him, by all means necessary! Let him come! And he shall rule over ashes and glass! Do you hear me, Evil Overlord!? You will never win! We'd rather die than be ruled by scum like you! Do you-"

The transmission cuts abruptly, citing 'difficulties in the studio'.

And you exhale.

It's Downtime.

Is there anything in particular you wish to do, or someone you wish to speak with?
Or would you rather directly go to sleep?

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3099 on: August 05, 2014, 03:39:12 am »

Did we not lose any minions ? Damn. It's like a Kharn story.

Anyways, time to convert the special-ops to our side. Then cogify it.

I also suggest for the next mission that we masquerade as an "humanitary" expedition from HEROES, go to that same city and kidnap some citizens and mutants so we have more human resources to convert/make fleshcogs.

Treat them well also, after all they are their future soldiers.

It's the antagonist's job to pull out grand and daring schemes, after all. Not only it is cool and daring but it lampshades HEROES's incompetence, hey when your enemies take care of evacuating your cities you know you're doing something wrong.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3100 on: August 05, 2014, 03:47:05 am »

Oh, so we didn't do the counter-propaganda mission?

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3101 on: August 05, 2014, 04:19:39 am »

Oh shade night you bastard, you made me feel horrible about killing a fictional character centered around TRAINS?

Oh you're good.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3102 on: August 05, 2014, 04:58:34 am »

Oh you're good.

Indeed.  Never disputed.

*Imp claps her hands, then requests*

Fluff including Bob.... err, Psysquid, please.  Other characters welcome, but I'd like to reconnect with my alter.

Fill the train with a wagon of money.  Sacrifice it.  Lets get something rather darker and farther down the track than our old lost Steel Piggybank.

Edited to add:  Make more whufflecogs.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 05:05:52 am by Imp »
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3103 on: August 05, 2014, 05:38:46 am »

Oh yes, we did them in good. No casualties at all?

Now, let's do the following:
1) Write down the names of all our soldiers who are sentient enough to have one, so that we know what to put on the memorial of victory when we finally win this war.
2) Build more shiny steel assault cogs.
3) Sacrifice something, but I am not sure what right now
4) Remember what the Heroes did to Cheerie and all those kids and stop doubting our actions. Individually, they can be very good people, but that doesn't excuse them from all the atrocities they've committed as a whole.
5) Ponder on the possibility of supplying the un-evacuated city. This will do much in winning us the loyalty of the populace.
6) Take the special forces operative on a tour around our lair. Show him Cheerie and the kids and make sure he gets to talk to them. Record the entire tour with the Camerathing, of course.
7) Talk to Charoline and ask her what kind of monster she would like to become after everything's over. Do the same with the human girl Gamington and Cerulian dressed as a cog earlier. Monsterification is not an urgent procedure, but it's a mandatory one for any citizen of our future republic.
8 ) Speaking of which, think about which monsterification procedure will fit us best, because this is getting really hypocritical really fast.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 06:06:54 am by Knit tie »

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3104 on: August 05, 2014, 05:55:43 am »

I personally vote the sacrifice of the rail tracks and the train.
If we do this right we can get a ghost train.
Think about it, it's an incident that has massive emotional attachment to us connecting to tradition and death, this could be a powerful weapon if played right.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 213