Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 259002 times)

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #3075 on: August 03, 2014, 01:21:36 pm »

I propose we do not rush headlong into danger and consider our options carefully.

Train-wrecking is tempting, but the heroic guardians, former colleagues of Cerulean I believe, have a potential to be a serious pain in the ass later. One Heroic/Anti Hero is enough to annihilate our forces, thing about what three of them can do! And besides, if previous "gameplay" has taught us anything is that going for cliches and tropes is way better than being sensible.

I thus propose that we go for the Heroic Guardians rather than trains. Meatshields? Screw meatshields, they are nowhere near as dangerous as the Heroic Heroes.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3076 on: August 03, 2014, 01:52:22 pm »

Let's look at moral high ground as well.

Mission 3 is counterpropaganda, and has the moral high ground
Mission 1 is the destruction of civilian infrastructure
Mission 2 is the elimination of police; healthcare and other civil workers

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3077 on: August 03, 2014, 02:04:27 pm »

Let's look at moral high ground as well.

Mission 3 is counterpropaganda, and has the moral high ground
Mission 1 is the destruction of civilian infrastructure
Mission 2 is the elimination of police; healthcare and other civil workers
How about we look at the practical high ground, AKA "dealing with the biggest problem first"? These heroic heroes, the former Five Stars, will probably wreck our forces if we take them head-on, while neither propaganda nor ordinary humans pose much of a threat. Besides, we will be assaulting the police headquarters and who are the police here? Enemy grunts, that's who. We won't be destroying the infrastructure, we will be assaulting the enemy's base. The ruthless, uncompromising enemy's base. We won't even be touching the healthcare workers, the fire-fighters and what have you.

And let's look at it this way: what can counterpropaganda possibly achieve? All of the shit has already hit every single fan at this point, it's 9/11-cum-Hiroshima for the poor bastards in the remaining cities, and I am sure the vast majority of people isn't even thinking rationally at this point. What use is telling them that we are not the enemy when they can see the smoking remains of the two other cities? As for the cannonfodder, it will only bite our enemy in the ass after we deploy the mindium bomb.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 02:16:34 pm by Knit tie »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3078 on: August 03, 2014, 02:09:57 pm »

We can find alternative means of separating and taking care of the trio, we can't revert the situation were a city becomes completely abandoned. We need help from the people. We are control for a resaon, don't you think so?

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3079 on: August 03, 2014, 02:15:51 pm »

We can find alternative means of separating and taking care of the trio, we can't revert the situation were a city becomes completely abandoned. We need help from the people. We are control for a resaon, don't you think so?
True, but I still think that the risk of letting Cerulean's ex-buddies come at us all together is too great. Remember what Mauve did? I am not fighting three of her at the same time.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3080 on: August 03, 2014, 02:17:04 pm »

That's why we try to do that at anoter point, and done. We can raid the police headquarters at any time we want. We can't let a whole city become evacuated.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3081 on: August 03, 2014, 02:19:42 pm »

That's why we try to do that at anoter point, and done. We can raid the police headquarters at any time we want. We can't let a whole city become evacuated.
'Unused" missions don't return unless we're very lucky, so this is our only chance.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3082 on: August 03, 2014, 02:22:41 pm »

Can we only do things through missions? No. It can wait.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3083 on: August 03, 2014, 02:29:05 pm »

Besides, killing these heroic heroes wins us a battle. Taking the cities wins us a war.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3084 on: August 03, 2014, 02:31:55 pm »

Besides, killing these heroic heroes wins us a battle. Taking the cities wins us a war.
Best argument ever.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3085 on: August 03, 2014, 02:38:26 pm »

We won't exactly win a city in that mission, just prevent its evacuation. The Heroic Heroes, meanwhile, are an important asset of the enemy, a three-girl-battlefleet, if you will. Eliminating them will bring us much closer to victory, or at least farther from defeat.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3086 on: August 03, 2014, 02:40:28 pm »

As I said, there are other means of separating them. And, also, having the population divided in two cities is going to increase their work. This means, it would sort of work like mission 2.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3087 on: August 03, 2014, 02:44:59 pm »

As I said, there are other means of separating them. And, also, having the population divided in two cities is going to increase their work. This means, it would sort of work like mission 2.
For the sake of not bogging down the game any more, I agree. Let's go wreck these trains, especially since our zeppelin now has a sonic weapon system installed.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 03:12:39 pm by Knit tie »

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3088 on: August 04, 2014, 01:22:44 am »

So, if you'd rather go for mission 1, I'd really like it if you told me if you wish to keep the current units for mission 1 or if you wish to add those of the other mission to it, without the dark adviser.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3089 on: August 04, 2014, 07:03:51 am »

Um, after seeing the list of units, may I ask why we didn't include the figurehead and the elephant wraith in mission 1? Mission 3 is supposed to be a kind of suicide mission, that's why we send Chemista with disposable cogs.
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 213